• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fimbulvetr said:
Protect protect hero hero hero protect Serah protect hero hero I like protect lolis big sis protect!

Fixed.

There's a single person who likes Snow? I don't think there can be one....
*sees post above*

ultron87

Played an hour. Story seems interesting. Battles are dull, but that's to be expected. I imagine that things will get more interesting soon.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Relaxed Muscle said:
Fixed.

I actually like Snow. :p

He's the lovable lug. The dumbass with the heart of gold.

Dresden

Relaxed Muscle said:
Fixed.

Tamanon says he didn't mind Snow.

I'm beginning to think that Snow is the Jacob of FFXIII. But with a loli fetish.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Okay, someone clear this up:

360 bonus: avatar costume.
PS3 bonus: FF14 beta and an item for FF14 (NOT FF13).

Is this correct?

Dresden said:

I'm beginning to think that Snow is the Jacob of FFXIII. But with a loli fetish.

Not quite.

Jacob gets ignored because he's just boring.

Snow is kinda annoying.

Cep

Banned
Dresden said:

Who?

I do not remember a Jacob. Just Carth 3.0 sans vestigial personality.

Fimbulvetr said:
Not quite.

Jacob get's ignored because he's just boring.

Snow is kinda annoying.

Also, This!

Durante said:
Enjoy!

I find him more annoying than Vanille. (I actually don't mind Hope)

Yeah, vanille isn't that bad....and hope turned out not bad at all, until chapter 4 I wanted to slap everytime he appeared, but probably because he was acting like a stupid teenager, but that is what it actually was, so it's ok.

Ja...who? I only remember 10 characters in ME2....

omg rite said:
Okay, someone clear this up:

360 bonus: avatar costume.
PS3 bonus: FF14 beta and an item for FF14 (NOT FF13).

Is this correct?

Yes, at least SE gave us sometime to us, 360 peasants....

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Snow is an abomination and everything that's wrong with FF storytelling and character development.

Played for about an two and a half hours, go to chapter 3 and took a break.

Game is breathtaking, seriously. It's been a crazy ride so far and I can't wait to see what happens next. Battles are fun as fuck and I haven't even gotten paradigms yet! Music is godly which is a no-brainer since Hamauzu is the fucking man. The only thing that's been bothering me is the weird ass camera and if Snow says "hero" one more time I think I'm gonna punch the wall. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Y2Kev said:
Yeah I don't understand this. That's the point of vanilles constant urging.

Maybe Hope's appearance in the first 20 minutes was TOO subtle? I can't imagine that anyone would find Hope's intentions a mystery.

Peff

I like Snow too... his HEROZ shtick is annoying, yes, but other than that he's just your goody two-shoes with an attitude. Plus Troy Baker <3.

Loving the game!

thetrin

Y2Kev said:
I think snow is a little different in english.

I found him pretty lovable in the JP release. I have no clue what he's like in English.

survivor

Banned
Westonian said:
Not a huge difference. Hardback, cooler cover, extra art. However, it actually is a limited edition, and as you can read earlier on this page, it is mostly already sold out. Gone from Amazon, Wal-mart canceling orders, Barnes & Noble sold out (hopefully my copy still ships.)

So if you wait a few days and decide you'd rather get the paperback edition, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would be willing to buy your copy.
Oh alright thanks. I saw they printed 200k copies so I assumed it wouldn't sell out that fast. I will probably keep it though since my brother seem to like it for now.

Tamanon

Banned
There's nothing wrong with Snow. If anything his character acts as a good counterpoint to Lightning. Idealism versus practicality.

Plus, I'm sure he's going to go through some development so he's not "all talk"

But it was a giant cocktease at the end of chapter 3....
Hey here's your first Eidolon, isn't it nice? You will not use it for at least 3 more chapters. There's a reason his Crystarnium chart is so much smaller!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty much loving the game too, and am finding the story to be entertaining enough, but Snow can go right ahead and foooooaaauuuck off.

Cep

Banned
Zeliard said:
Someone, I think Jeremy Parish, mentioned that some of the characters are far more tolerable with the English VA (and vice versa).

An one is a fuckton less tolerable.

RPGCrazied

wow, chapter 4.. 6hours into it.

end of chapter 3 cutscene was awesome. When can I upgrade weapons? I can now buy an sell parts, but have yet to be able to upgrade weapons

Tamanon

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
wow, chapter 4.. 6hours into it.

end of chapter 3 cutscene was awesome. When can I upgrade weapons? I can now buy an sell parts, but have yet to be able to upgrade weapons

You're almost there.

george_us

Doc Evils said:
I forgot to add that Leona Lewis recorded a video for the event, but no one really gave a shit what she was saying.:lol

This event really shows SE is out of touch with its userbase.
Maybe but 'My Hands' is a great song, haters be damned.

Cep

Banned
Zeliard said:
Vanille, I presume?

I am not a violent fella, but she feels me with so much RAGE!

And I am only watching a friend play. When I get the game, she will never be in my party unless she has to be.

K' Dash

Cep said:
I am not a violent fella, but she feels me with so much RAGE!

And I am only watching a friend play. When I get the game, she will never be in my party unless she has to be.

ooohh boy...

:lol

Teknoman

RetroGamer42 said:
Picked it up, played about 15-20 minutes of it so far. Just wanted to say that I LOVE how the battles work. I hate the recent trend of RPGs handling combat like MMORPGs. (I'm thinking here of games like Magna Carta 2 and White Knight Chronicles.) FF13 feels more like Chrono Trigger. Hit the enemies on the field, and the Combat still takes place where you were, but it's clearly it's own instance of combat in a defined space. It feels updated, but it's still got enough Classic Final Fantasy. I'm totally in love with this game right now.

Im with you. Continuous evolution of standard turn based battles please.

Zeliard said:
Vanille, I presume?

I think the ATB guys and gal got it right about that Japanese style of character, the vocal inflections and mannerisms, not translating at all well into English. Unfortunately judging by the animation it seems the development team painted the localisation team into a corner.

Durante

Die Squirrel Die said:
I think the ATB guys and gal got it right about that Japanese style of character, the vocal inflections and mannerisms, not translating at all well into English. Unfortunately judging by the animation it seems the development team painted the localisation team into a corner.
I agree. I've never ever seen a Vanille-style character localized well, either in anime or games. I'm not even sure that it's possible. I think they did a fair job considering the circumstances.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Die Squirrel Die said:
She's a cutesy Japanese girl character... She is what she is, and that appeals to certain people. If you mean that they couldn't dub her into some sort of less-saccarine girl character which appeals to western attitudes, perhaps that's true, but I'm glad they didn't try.

Durante said:
I agree. I've never ever seen a Vanille-style character localized well, either in anime or games. I'm not even sure that it's possible. I think they did a fair job considering the circumstances.
Again... localized... You mean changed into something that would suit completely different tastes?

Dead

well not really...yet
I gotta say I don't understand why they chose to put save points every five minutes from each other.

Considering the (awesome) retry feature, its pretty useless. They might as well have just put a save option in the menu and kept the Stores for various set locations in the game (I havent even had to use a store even once so far by chapter 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom