• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

yursnhere

Himuro said:
Can someone explain about a bunch of guys who live on the beach and serve people drinks turn into a bunch of hardasses who rebel against a government? :lol

Power Rangers: Final Fantasy!

Nora is even more ridiculous after this flashback episode.

I think in the datalog or whatever its called, it said
Nora used the bar as a cover/ income to fund their group... and sanctum knew about it and didn't care because Nora didn't bother them.

Zoe

Himuro said:
Can someone explain about a bunch of guys who live on the beach and serve people drinks turn into a bunch of hardasses who rebel against a government? :lol

They're not government rebels. They're a group that believes they're capable of cleaning up the monster population around town without government help.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
zombieshavebrains said:
Is there a kickass mini game in FFXIII like Blitz Ball in FFX?

I don't think there are any mini-games...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Spruchy said:
When do I stop spamming auto battle? On chapter 4.

Whenever you want. It's not like you don't have a choice.

Himuro said:
That's fucking stupid. :lol

I like how
their cover was pointless because sanctum didn't even give a rat's ass.
:lol

Himuro said:
NORA: PARTY GOER TWEENS BY DAY, POWER RANGERS BY NIGHT.

So they're like an entire group of Selphie?

....That's not a pretty thought.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Himuro said:

Power Rangers: Final Fantasy!

aren't a lot of protagonists just some kids?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Durante said:
So what would you call the
Pulse machine riding episode early in the game
? It's certainly very mini :p

A bad attempt at a puzzle?

painey said:
including chase the chocobo chick, which is a nice way to see 20 loading screens?

Huh? What loading screens?

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Well that sucks.

FF7 had the little arcade place with snowboarding and chocobo racing
FF9 had the card game
FF10 had Blitz ball
FF12 (didn't finish it) had kinda a mini game in the animal hunting

There is literally nothing like this in FF13?

Durante

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Man I see the backlash is already starting. hehe. :lol
A backlash would involve people that previously liked the game hating it. So far I just see different people having different opinions.

Misterinenja said:
Hope doesn't bother me. I expected to totally hate him.
Agreed, he's realistically annoying.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Fimbulvetr said:
Are you talking about XIII or Power Rangers?

If it's the former then no.

If it's the latter then yes.

I meant RPGs in general, not sure why this scenario is hard to believe, or at least more so than others.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Man I see the backlash is already starting. hehe. :lol

We're just talking about the dumb story, no biggie.

Also why does snow wear a shirt, a vest, and a jacket when he lives right next to a beach?

Fimbulvetr said:

Also why does snow wear a shirt, a vest, and a jacket when he lives right next to a beach?
Why does he have time to change trench coats before and after each battle?

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Fimbulvetr said:

I live near a beach. It still gets fucking cold, mang.

zombieshavebrains said:
Well that sucks.

FF7 had the little arcade place with snowboarding and chocobo racing
FF9 had the card game
FF10 had Blitz ball
FF12 (didn't finish it) had kinda a mini game in the animal hunting

There is literally nothing like this in FF13?
FF13 has hunts.

Durante said:
A backlash would involve people that previously liked the game hating it. So far I just see different people having different opinions.

Its the begining signs. :lol Naw but what strikes me funny is that every damn rpg ever released has the same shit faulted with it. Characters, some voice acting, questionable writing or dialog. Yet back on topic, I see some people just hammering down how much they are hating the games story,writing, setup, etc. Its hard to ignore when they keep bumping the thread practically making fun of the game at a constant clip. Thats all. Might be your opinion but damn... don't have to hammer it down my throat every single time I refresh the page at work. :lol

BJK

Had to stop at Bresha lake last night (Ch. 3 apparently).

Battle system reminds me of FF12, not in terms of mechanics....but in that it will work a lot better when I have the ability to really work with it. (I hated that it took ~3/4 of the way through FF12 before I had the HP-based Gambits I wanted for my healing spells.)

Without Spoilers, how much further do I have to go before having more choices for paradigms (beyond the initial two)? ...Or do I have the ability to make new ones now, and I just haven't figured that out?

Nothing in the Vanille character design says 'Aussie'-ish accent to me. Odd choice. A more Rikku-y voice actor would seem to cure a lot of the difficulties people seem to have with her (unless it gets worse from here on).

I read the datalogs to cure as much fal'Cie / focus / purge / l'Cie are enemies of Cocoon - stuff as I could. It looks like they clear a lot of that up gradually, but it was so much easier to just read the explanation.

I don't recall myself feeling so giddy about having a disc in any gaming console or handheld as I did watching the opening cinematic for FF13.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fimbulvetr said:

Isn't he wearing a black lacy bra?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
DigitalDevil said:
is anyone else OCD like me? Everytime I get a "new datapad" notification I can NOT leave that menu screen until ALL the little exclamation points are gone! :lol :lol

for that reason, I wish they didn't do that for new items and such. It just gets irritating having to go into the menu and back out again every time I get a potion...
I do this as well. I can't stand seeing 'unread/new' notifications in any software. I can not be happy unless every email in outlook is marked as read, for example.

lljride

Fimbulvetr said:

He is a little overdressed isn't he:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You can change paradigms immediately after you access to them. You never unlock paradigms. You do unlock roles.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Does Nora actually succeed in doing... anything? I don't find it hard at all to believe in a bunch of beach bum idealists who consider themselves badasses but don't actually accomplish much of anything and no one but them cares.

slayn said:
Does Nora actually succeed in doing... anything? I don't find it hard at all to believe in a bunch of beach bum idealists who consider themselves badasses but don't actually accomplish much of anything and no one but them cares.

Most of the people they try to protect end up getting killed and they themselves die in the crystallization of Lake Bresha.... I think.

Zoe

slayn said:

They killed a monster in the prologue...

slayn said:
Well they do end up killing a bunch of soldiers. You would think that there is at least some basic boot camp. But I guess the special forces is where all the good for nothing kids of the upper class end up.

Durante

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Its the begining signs. :lol Naw but what strikes me funny is that every damn rpg ever released has the same shit faulted with it. Characters, some voice acting, questionable writing or dialog.
Every RPG except Planescape: Torment. Which is why it is as a god amongst mere mortals.

CruxisMana said:
End of Chapter 4:
HOLY SHIT. Took me 5 times to beat Odin. That was some frantic Paradigm Shifting!
Yeah, that's the point where I realized how awesome the battle system is. After game over'ing 3 times :lol

Lostconfused said:
But I guess the special forces is where all the good for nothing kids of the upper class end up.
Actually, Lightning does mention something to that effect!

Zoe

Kagari said:
Why are people having so much trouble with this?

I think people are trying to
fight rather than drive up the meter
. Though out of all of those fights,
I only found it to be relevant for the first two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom