• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
malingenie said:
Are you implying that Mothers aren't strong? Curse you and your patriarchal messages, sir. Good bye.
Worst line in game so far. All I'm saying. My mom is a tough, scary woman and I wouldn't dare cross her.

charsace said:
The story is linear with no branching paths so I am hoping it improves.

Care to tell me in what RPG the story is not linear? KOTOR's 2 endings? :lol Or maybe ME2's
recruit, horizon, recruit, collector's ship, final assault, 2 endings
. Give it a rest people.

Durante

bryehn said:
Just got my ass handed to me by
Odin
twice
I'm happy that I'm not the only one who had troubles with him on the first tries. It felt strange getting not just one but multiple game overs that early in a FF game.

The character menu is so fucking awesome.. I dont know why.. but man it just so sleek.. I love the portrait background. Ill never get sick of it.. Its something so simple but it makes it feel so futuristic

Aretak

Durante said:
I'm happy that I'm not the only one who had troubles with him on the first tries. It felt strange getting not just one but multiple game overs that early in a FF game.
It's really the first fight where you're made to work on your defence. Prior to that you can generally just assault things until they go away. I died there 4 times in a row and turned the console off in frustration. Came back the next day and did it first try.

charsace

Castor Krieg said:
Care to tell me in what RPG the story is not linear? KOTOR's 2 endings? :lol Or maybe ME2's
recruit, horizon, recruit, collector's ship, final assault, 2 endings
. Give it a rest people.
You have tons of dialogue choices in ME2. You will end up in the same place once you reach your destination, but you take different roads to get there in ME2. This game is linear in every way so the dialogue should be good.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Vanille is like Rikku + Selphie + Sarah (Star Ocean 4)

Lightning is Cloud because she's
an ex-Soldier

iam now 13 or 14 hours in and
thos fortified enemies (at the sasz vanille part) take up to 10! min for one fight. am i doing something wrong?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am interested in FFXIII-2 starring Vanille and her twin sisters Kokoa and Strawberi. Together Team Neapolitan travels the universe and puts on concerts

LowParry

Y2Kev said:
I am interested in FFXIII-2 starring Vanille and her twin sisters Kokoa and Strawberi. Together Team Neapolitan travels the universe and puts on concerts

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Pappasman

I'm really liking the characters. Lightining is so fucking cool and has my favorite character design of the bunch. Hope really surprised me, he sounds like a real 14 year old kid and is not that annoying. Snow has some really shitty dialogue but is redeemed because every time I hear him talk i just hear Kanji from persona 4 :lol .

My one real problem with the story so far(im in Lake Bresha) is that they didn't explain shit. They throw you into this world and start using words that you have to go into the database to figure out.

Also the box for the game is great. its so shiny.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Pappasman said:
I'm really liking the characters. Lightining is so fucking cool and has my favorite character design of the bunch. Hope really surprised me, he sounds like a real 14 year old kid and is not that annoying. Snow has some really shitty dialogue but is redeemed because every time I hear him talk i just hear Kanji from persona 4 :lol .

My one real problem with the story so far(im in Lake Bresha) is that they didn't explain shit. They throw you into this world and start using words that you have to go into the database to figure out.

Also the box for the game is great. its so shiny.

The Datalog helps a lot.

Any tips for Chapter 11?
I'm on Pulse, done a few missions (1-5), got 2-3 stars, I went with the main story, but i died to Broken Phalanx. Should I grind a bit more? The area is certainly more difficult. I'm also having trouble because I used all the money on upgrades, but now I'm all out, and monsters drop useless thrash. Is there any grind-friendly area later on that I should press on to? I know that I can go back to Pulse after I finish the game.

ULTROS! said:
The Datalog helps a lot.

Except the part when huge plot item is revealed only in the Datalog, and not through cutscene, then you hate S-E for taking the easy way out.

7Th

Y2Kev said:

But... but... but... you know...

Durante

Y2Kev said:
Tell me more. Will it have detailed magical girl like costume change animations?

Aretak

Die Squirrel Die said:
I know people will be 'omg so emo' but I really liked the character development between Lightning and Hope in chapter 7, a few cheesy lines of dialogue aside.
Yeah, Hope and Lightning work well together. Their interaction is the only thing that redeems chapters 4 and 5.

elbkhm

About 5 hours in, enjoying it, looking forward to playing more.

Kind of annoyed by the "auto-talk to NPCs when you walk by them" thing though. It's usually fine, but some have more than one thing to say, so I find myself doing little circles around them, or walking up to them, walking away, and then walking up to them again. Ugh.

Dresden

Lightning is pretty hot. She might look like Cloud, but that's not because she's manly, that's because Cloud became a little bitch with Advent Children.

Finally got the game. Pretty fun so far, no complaints about Vanille. :D

I also had no idea she wore black shorts under her skirt. I peered at the cover for a bit because I thought I saw a crevice... but the 'shading' turned out to be clothing.

LiK

Dresden said:
Lightning is pretty hot. She might look like Cloud, but that's not because she's manly, that's because Cloud became a little bitch with Advent Children.

Finally got the game. Pretty fun so far, no complaints about Vanille. :D
Yea, Lightning ain't manly, Cloud was just uber girly

Amneisac

Well, most of the writing is terrible and I think Vanille is annoying as fuck, she runs like a fucking idiot and I can't stand the way she moves in battle.

Otherwise the game's pretty sweet.

Cornbread78

Domino Theory said:
FFXIII is not only the first FF I've ever played, but the first JRPG I've ever played, too.
And I must say, I LOVE it. Holy shit.

Welcome to the party.... Where the hell have you been for so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom