• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

finalflame

Hey guys, I have had the CE for a while and just got my new character to Lv.26 and finished the mount quest for my GC, turning in the seals and getting my regular Personal Chocobo.

In my mounts list I have also the Coeurl and Ahriman, but not my Fat Chocobo from the CE :/ It's not in my mail or inventory. Any clue what I need to do to re-claim it?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hey guys, I have had the CE for a while and just got my new character to Lv.26 and finished the mount quest for my GC, turning in the seals and getting my regular Personal Chocobo.

In my mounts list I have also the Coeurl and Ahriman, but not my Fat Chocobo from the CE :/ It's not in my mail or inventory. Any clue what I need to do to re-claim it?

Did you check "Read" Items of in your mailbox?

Wilsongt

FFXIV GAF bitching about FFXIV?

Say it isn't so!

FFXIV GAF OT is content variety dry is my issue. I'm experiencing it every single time I open the thread.

aceface

Let's face it, the bosses themselves were boring is almost every coil turn as well, save T5, T9, and T13. Oh, a black Coeurl! A mecha hydra! A naga! A purple Ochu! It's the mechanics that made those fights fun. And if savage has compelling mechanics, it will be fun.

As for story, it's going to be hard to beat coil as it resolved the epic arguably best cutscene SE has ever made that played on the title screen. That being said "oh those wacky goblins" is disappointing but maybe they will surprise me (I haven't done it yet, still trying to get to 60 ;_;)

I can't even believe how much trouble I'm having with Burden of the Father.

I haven't wiped this many times since learning Amber Shaper in Hall of Fear on WoW.

Every group, god. At least this afternoon, I was GETTING to phase three. Now, we're not even getting to phase two before we lose at least two people.

i think im just gonna get all of my STR right side for DRG and then fending shit next week. I dont wanna get real deep on the left side from alexander until i see where the chips fall with esoterics out there. im already 3/5 str acc anyway.

although im sure some upgraded gordian gear will be BiS.

on a lighter note ive noticed a massive decrease in the amount of gill seller spam :eek:

people abrubtly rage-quitting, talking shit, and passive aggressive assholes with coil glamour and 'final witness' title typing "sigh" into party chat. oh man, i forgot how it was like to pug extreme primals and raiding.

Simpsons-christmas-27.jpg

Tabris

The Savage mode will be interesting, but I rather have different themes and bosses. Even reskins and a bit of a different or additional story would be nice.

Because it's going to go down like this every week:

1) Farm T1 to T4 of Alex Normal
2) Farm Currently Completed Turns of Alex Savage
3) Work on Progression

That's a lot of the same visuals / setting all the time. You have to run each turn of Alex Normal a minimum of 4 times assuming your static is lucky and gets the exact drop. Let's say on average though it's more like 6 runs.

That's 6x4 = 24 Alex Normal. Then say you've completed T1 and T2 of Alex Savage, that's 6x2 = 12 Alex Savage. Then you get to wipe on T3 boss during progression which you spent 6 runs looking at the same looking boss and trash pack section in Normal mode.

That's a lot of doing the same looking content all in one week.

Wasn't someone complaining about FFXI requiring grinding of same content?

I'm just not a fan of this Alex Normal / Savage model. Should be 2 different pieces of content. Like CT and Coil were.

docbon

I'm just not a fan of this Alex Normal / Savage model. Should be 2 different pieces of content. Like CT and Coil were.

The more I think about it, the more I'd prefer it this way too.

A lot of it has to do with that fucking oontz oontz oontz. Time to build my own soundtrack for Alexander.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Welp, feel like an idiot, that's where it was. Thanks! Love my fat chocobo.

You are cool man. I've had it happen before. Sometimes when you get items out of your mail really quick some of the items don't get withdrawed.

Uthred

No, people were "complaining" about the argument that when FFXI had you grind the same content it counted as "lots of content" but when FFXIV does it it counts as "no content".

Aren't we still getting a CT equivalent though?

Yeah, floating island setting, coming in 3.1 if memory serves

Tabris

No, people were "complaining" about the argument that when FFXI had you grind the same content it counted as "lots of content" but when FFXIV does it it counts as "no content".

Except it wasn't the same content. Every week, the LS I was in (FFXI equivalent would be statics or FCs that run raids together outside of statics) would have the following events to run, all on their own lockouts. The LS company board would have times for each of these events:

- Dynamis (Raid)
- Sky Bosses
- ZNM Bosses
- Einherjar (Raid-ish)
- Salvage (Raid)
- Sea Bosses
- HNM Bosses

All of the above had different difficulty levels which would change what linkshells could take on what, and as the linkshell improved, they could take on more of that content.

Currently, the static events (linkshell equivalent) in FFXIV is, everything else is solo-able:

- Alexander Salvage
- Current Flavour of the Month Farm (Alex Normal this month, Rav EX last month).

FFXI didn't start with that much, so the 3 expansions vs 1 expansion reply is fair, but you would think it would be more than 1 piece of content by now.

rubius01

people abrubtly rage-quitting, talking shit, and passive aggressive assholes with coil glamour and 'final witness' title typing "sigh" into party chat. oh man, i forgot how it was like to pug extreme primals and raiding.

Simpsons-christmas-27.jpg

Man, I have run into more assholes today.....

Yeah, floating island setting, coming in 3.1 if memory serves

I thought that was debunked. Yoship said that there was a floating island in HW, and everyone assumed it was the CT type raid. But I don't know anymore.

I thought that was debunked. Yoship said that there was a floating island in HW, and everyone assumed it was the CT type raid. But I don't know anymore.

The ex primal story heavily hints at the warring triad, which is a FF6 reference and they were on the floating continent.
It's a pretty safe bet where that 24man raid will take place and which FF it will use as source material for it's bosses. I mean come on, there's like 20 dragon bosses in that game, it fits perfectly with the theme of the expac lol.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The Savage mode will be interesting, but I rather have different themes and bosses. Even reskins and a bit of a different or additional story would be nice.

3) Work on Progression

That's a lot of the same visuals / setting all the time. You have to run each turn of Alex Normal a minimum of 4 times assuming your static is lucky and gets the exact drop. Let's say on average though it's more like 6 runs.

That's 6x4 = 24 Alex Normal. Then say you've completed T1 and T2 of Alex Savage, that's 6x2 = 12 Alex Savage. Then you get to wipe on T3 boss during progression which you spent 6 runs looking at the same looking boss and trash pack section in Normal mode.

And before this was farm coil and make progression in coil.

Tabris

And before this was farm coil and make progression in coil.

Except Coil was on weekly lockout so farm coil and make progression would be like 45 minutes of clearing couple of turns you had on farm and 5 hours of progression a week (example)

And I would get tired of seeing the same thing. It's even getting worse now. And the lack of variety is still the same, I just didn't need to be bored seeing the same content farming much. So it's gotten worse right now.

I want more variety for weekly static events.

And for those that think that they won't have enough time. What FFXI did was give you a time limit of some of that content, and it could be run every 3 days once. So imagine being given 90-120mins for Turn 13 every 3 days, being locked out after those attempts, but still having a bunch of other stuff to farm and/or progress on as a group as there was a variety of content.

Uthred

Except it wasn't the same content. Every week, the LS I was in (FFXI equivalent would be statics or FCs that run raids together outside of statics) would have the following events to run, all on their own lockouts. The LS company board would have times for each of these events:

- Dynamis (Raid)
- Sky Bosses
- ZNM Bosses
- Einherjar (Raid-ish)
- Salvage (Raid)
- Sea Bosses
- HNM Bosses

All of the above had different difficulty levels which would change what linkshells could take on what, and as the linkshell improved, they could take on more of that content.

Currently, the static events (linkshell equivalent) in FFXIV is, everything else is solo-able:

- Alexander Salvage
- Current Flavour of the Month Farm (Alex Normal this month, Rav EX last month).

FFXI didn't start with that much, so the 3 expansions vs 1 expansion reply is fair, but you would think it would be more than 1 piece of content by now.

If it didnt start with that much then why not list just what the base game and first expansion provided? And how relevant the items on the smaller list were to max level players. I also cant grasp your criteria, as theres a lot more content than the two items you listed which cant be soloed, which in fact explicitly requires groups to complete. Of course party of the difference is the fact that FFXIV has a duty finder so statics arent as big a requirement as they were in FFXI, its also moved away from lockouts (which are transparently obvious padding on behalf of the developer). But if youre looking at group content your list for FFXIV is rather anemic, purposefully so one would assume.

3) Work on Progression

You haven't played many theme park mmos have you? This is like how almost every single one of them does things when it comes to endgame. Sure you have your minigames, collectathons and vanity that hold some of them together better than others, but for those who don't care about any of that, the end result is still the same when it comes to endgame.

BadRNG

First coil story was terrible, so I'd say they're about even when it comes to the first tier. What matters is what they do next, Coil story got quite better in 2nd and a ton better in final.
A story is only as good as it's villain, and the Alexander villains are just so terrible that it's difficult to take anything happening seriously. That's my main issue with this chapter. To elaborate;

The gobbies are great for light hearted stories and general insanity, Brayflox fighting against the Illuminati over a cheese recipe is just nonsensical and their speech patterns/behavior suits it. But trying to set them up as serious villains is so wrong, you'd think Cid was talking to the Empire during his supersrs speech about the Illuminati losing their humanity.

I presume based off the final cutscene that Mide was one of the people that attempted to summon Alexander 3 years ago and the next story will probably deal with that, but unless the Illuminati gets killed off quicklike it's difficult to really care much about what is going on.

I'd honestly be ok if they just ended the story after savage's take, and moved on to a new raid.

Tabris

If it didnt start with that much then why not list just what the base game and first expansion provided? And how relevant the items on the smaller list were to max level players. I also cant grasp your criteria, as theres a lot more content than the two items you listed which cant be soloed, which in fact explicitly requires groups to complete. Of course party of the difference is the fact that FFXIV has a duty finder so statics arent as big a requirement as they were in FFXI, its also moved away from lockouts (which are transparently obvious padding on behalf of the developer). But if youre looking at group content your list for FFXIV is rather anemic, purposefully so one would assume.

FFXI had HNM bosses, Sky bosses (and farming), and Dynamis Raids on launch (of the game in North America). It was followed by Sea bosses (and farming) in the first NA expansion. Most of the story missions were also difficult and would require teamwork that the party finder experience may not provide.

You haven't played many theme park mmos have you? This is like how almost every single one of them does things when it comes to endgame. Sure you have your minigames, collectathons and vanity that hold some of them together better than others, but for those who don't care about any of that, the end result is still the same when it comes to endgame.

I have only played FFXI and FFXIV.

So World of Warcraft is the same? Only 1 active high level raid every expansion? You just farm and progress on that 1 raid only, until the next level cap?

rubius01

The ex primal story heavily hints at the warring triad, which is a FF6 reference and they were on the floating continent.
It's a pretty safe bet where that 24man raid will take place and which FF it will use as source material for it's bosses. I mean come on, there's like 20 dragon bosses in that game, it fits perfectly with the theme of the expac lol.

You're right, and that's where it is looking to be headed, but yoship also said that the new CT will be something completely original. Prehaps all of the stuff that has been shown will be the MSQ in future patches. But this is yoship we are talking about, soooooo who knows.

A story is only as good as it's villain, and the Alexander villains are just so terrible that it's difficult to take anything happening seriously. That's my main issue with this chapter. To elaborate;

The gobbies are great for light hearted stories and general insanity, Brayflox fighting against the Illuminati over a cheese recipe is just nonsensical and their speech patterns/behavior suits it. But trying to set them up as serious villains is so wrong, you'd think Cid was talking to the Empire during his supersrs speech about the Illuminati losing their humanity.

I presume based off the final cutscene that Mide was one of the people that attempted to summon Alexander 3 years ago and the next story will probably deal with that, but unless the Illuminati gets killed off quicklike it's difficult to really care much about what is going on.

I'd honestly be ok if they just ended the story after savage's take, and moved on to a new raid.

Yeah but we don't know what exactly is going to happen in the future ones. To take an example, look at CT. Labyrinth doesn't prepare you at all for the the rest of the story, it's like "yo allagan ruins, let's check this out guys, oh noes, big robots/allagan things" but then random characters, weird stories, lore and finally world of darkness.

So I'd wait a bit to judge the story. But yeah so far it's pretty bad. Goblins make for kinda crappy stories unless it's just for comedic value(the goblin beast tribe story was pretty nice for example) and that dragon girl machinist is like, well we have to add one of the new race/class somewhere, so let's just do both at once, yay.

So World of Warcraft is the same? Only 1 active high level raid every expansion? You just farm and progress on that 1 raid only, until the next level cap?

WoW gets multiple raids throughout the expac, but what you do every raid tier is exactly the same as this, you just have more difficulties to do it in. Unless you are in a serious raid guild and have mythic on farm before the next tier comes out, you will be running 2 difficulties of the same raid, multiple times a week, just so you can continue on with progression. There are no new dungeons anymore past launch that you can run for the newest gear, all there is, is the latest raid that you will sit in for 6+ months on end and then a world boss every now and then that the server will just zerg down. Sure, WoWs raids may have 3-4x the bosses that we get every 3 months (not including dungeon bosses), but you will be grinding them until your eyes fall out just the same.

Could they potentially drop the new dungeons every major patch and add a few more bosses to each new wing in the latest raid? Sure, but even having an easy mode, raiding still isn't for the majority. Those new dungeons will be seen by several times as many people as those that do raiding, even when compared to a CT equivalent raid. They aren't about to drop something like that just so a much smaller percentage of people can have a few extra things to grind on until the next tier of content.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
FFXI had HNM bosses, Sky bosses (and farming), and Dynamis Raids on launch (of the game in North America). It was followed by Sea bosses (and farming) in the first NA expansion. Most of the story missions were also difficult and would require teamwork that the party finder experience may not provide.

Wow. quite a bit of revisionist history here. Even at the NA launch of Zilart, sky and dynamis were all added during later patches. So, that stuff wasn't in at launch IIRC.

Chains of Promathia was one of the slowest roll outs that I can recall. A major content update added ONE STORYLINE QUEST then put you at a stand still for another month or two (which wasn't even the end!). It was bullshit. They dragged that stuff out so much it was stupid. Sea bosses came much later as well. Most of it was still being rolled out when Treasures was rolled out two years later.

Tabris

Wow. quite a bit of revisionist history here. Even at the NA launch of Zilart, sky and dynamis were all added during later patches. So, that stuff wasn't in at launch IIRC.

Chains of Promathia was one of the slowest roll outs that I can recall. A major content update added ONE STORYLINE QUEST then put you at a stand still for another month or two (which wasn't even the end!). It was bullshit. They dragged that stuff out so much it was stupid. Sea bosses came much later as well. Most of it was still being rolled out when Treasures was rolled out two years later.

It took so long to level in that game, by the time you were 75, sky and dynamis were ready :p

CoP sea rollout did take a while, but I was never content starved in FFXI ever. At any moment. There were a lot of annoyances about FFXI, but content variety was never it.

Tabris

I always had things to do in FFXI, which isn't the case with XIV.

Yeah, for all those that have played FFXI - did you ever not have something to do? I mean besides the basics of levelling a new job or crafting class as every MMO has?

I always had something to do in that game, and it wasn't the same thing constantly. You didn't run the same thing except when levelling after doing it one night because those things were on lockout.

Example schedule:

Week 1
Mon 6pm - Sky Bosses (Byakko, Suzuku farming)
Tue 6pm - Dynamis Windurst
Wed 4pm - Salvage Silver Sea 6pm - Sea Bosses (Jailer of Love farming, AV attempts)
Thu 6pm - Einherjar Gerhilde's Chamber
Sun 4pm - Salvage Bhaflau 6pm - Dynamis Jeuno

Week 2
Mon 6pm - Sky Bosses (Kirin)
Tue 6pm - Dynamis Valkurm 8pm - Pandemonium Warden attempt
Wed 4pm - Salvage Zhayolm 6pm - Sea Bosses (Jailer of Faith, Jailer of Fortitude)
Thu 6pm - Einherjar Odin
Sun 4pm - Salvage Arragapo 6pm - Dynamis San d'Oria

You would also have HNM farming every 24-48 hours.

It was almost too much sometimes, that's why you would go to some of the things each week depending on your commitment level to the game and LS. Here is FFXIV's schedule:

Week 1
Tue 6pm - Alexander
Wed 6pm - Alexander
Mon 6pm - Alexander

Week 2
Tue 6pm - Alexander
Wed 6pm - Alexander
Sun 6pm - Alexander

that looks like a god damn work schedule. aint nobody got time for that anymore

or more aptly put

FFXI
Mon:Grind
Tues:Grind
Wed:Grind
Thurs:Grind
Fri:Grind

FFXIV
Mon:Grind
Tues:Grind
Wed:Grind
Thurs:Grind
Fri:Grind

Baleoce

Yeah, for all those that have played FFXI - did you ever not have something to do? I mean besides the basics of levelling a new job or crafting class as every MMO has?

I always had something to do in that game, and it wasn't the same thing constantly. You didn't run the same thing except when levelling after doing it one night because those things were on lockout.

Example schedule:

Week 1
Mon 6pm - Sky Bosses (Byakko, Suzuku farming)
Wed 4pm - Salvage Silver Sea 6pm - Sea Bosses (Jailer of Love farming, AV attempts)
Thu 6pm - Einherjar Gerhilde's Chamber
Sun 4pm - Salvage Bhaflau 6pm - Dynamis Jeuno

Week 2
Mon 6pm - Sky Bosses (Kirin)
Tue 6pm - Dynamis Valkurm 8pm - Pandemonium Warden attempt
Wed 4pm - Salvage Zhayolm 6pm - Sea Bosses (Jailer of Faith, Jailer of Fortitude)
Thu 6pm - Einherjar Odin
Sun 4pm - Salvage Arragapo 6pm - Dynamis San d'Oria

You would also have HNM farming every 24-48 hours.

It was almost too much sometimes, that's why you would go to some of the things each week depending on your commitment level to the game and LS. Here is FFXIV's schedule:

Week 1
Tue 6pm - Alexander
Wed 6pm - Alexander
Mon 6pm - Alexander

Week 2
Tue 6pm - Alexander
Wed 6pm - Alexander
Sun 6pm - Alexander
I suppose one thing to mention is that the FFXI content in question was spread over many expansions, but it does bring up an even greater point in favour of your view. FFXI (back then at least, idk about now) had a great nack of keeping older gear and content relevant.

Tabris

that looks like a god damn work schedule. aint nobody got time for that anymore

Tabris said:

It's a nice variety of choice :) Current choice in FFXIV: Alexander or Alexander or Alexander

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It took so long to level in that game, by the time you were 75, sky and dynamis were ready :p

CoP sea rollout did take a while, but I was never content starved in FFXI ever. At any moment. There were a lot of annoyances about FFXI, but content variety was never it.

Sure, you weren't content starved in FFXI...as long as you adhered to a schedule. Outside of that, you could fuck all alone in the game. All of that content was locked away from you. H

HNM pop? Better make sure everyone drops everything to show up and show another LS didn't beat you to the punch. Oh and wait up to three hours.

Sky? Off schedule? Good luck.

Leveling a job? Hope you like LFG for hours.

Crafting? .1 increase out of 20 synths! Yes!

Missions? LFG again.

BCNMs? LFG again.

It was a different time and era where we were younger and have tons of time so this was acceptable. Now? Not so much.

Tabris

That's not my point Kintaro. There were a ton of issues with FFXI, it was a very hard game to play without friends (I don't mind that though - what's so hard about making some friends (or at least internet acquintances) online and running content with them - kind of the point of an MMO, no?). I'm not saying I want to play FFXI (otherwise I would). I'm saying I want FFXI's content variety in FFXIV.

Uthred

I mean besides the basics of levelling a new job or crafting class as every MMO has?

FFXIV's crafting (and gathering) is more involved than a lot of similar MMO's

Example schedule:

After three expansions and their patch cycles, right? Based on the names you also seem to be listing the equivalent to WoW raid wings or Coils as meaningfully different, was Dynamis Windurst that different from Dynamis Valkurm?

Here is FFXIV's schedule:

Two weeks after the first expansion, right?

That's not my point Kintaro. There were a ton of issues with FFXI, it was a very hard game to play without friends (I don't mind that though - what's so hard about making some friends (or at least internet acquintances) online and running content with them - kind of the point of an MMO, no?). I'm not saying I want to play FFXI (otherwise I would). I'm saying I want FFXI's content variety in FFXIV.

That seems like a different standpoint than the one that started this little tangent. Why would anyone object to more content variety as long as it was accessible to the majority of the playerbase, however you seemed to be advocating content variety which catered almost exclusively to a nice hardcore subset of the playerbase.

Prismo

Neo Member
Hey guys, new player here, I installed the game last night and have been trying to create a character on Tonberry since. Looking around online I found world-alerts.com that apparently emails me when the server opens up, I was just curious if this is something that happens often or am I wasting my time?

Would really like to start playing this game...

hamchan

Hey guys, new player here, I installed the game last night and have been trying to create a character on Tonberry since. Looking around online I found world-alerts.com that apparently emails me when the server opens up, I was just curious if this is something that happens often or am I wasting my time?

Would really like to start playing this game...

Hey, as a player also on Tonberry it's a real pain in the ass to make a character. Those alert sites won't work since they follow the lodestone status and those aren't updated fast enough to account for the small window of time on Tonberry. You'll probably have to make a character during the weekday, early morning while everyone is still sleeping. Like, 6am-9am AEST or something like that.

Tabris

After three expansions and their patch cycles, right? Based on the names you also seem to be listing the equivalent to WoW raid wings or Coils as meaningfully different, was Dynamis Windurst that different from Dynamis Valkurm?

Dynamis Windurst and Valkurm had different settings (they were raid versions of open zones in the game but set to a "dark world theme" - again, an example of re-using assets intelligently to create content variety cheaply), different mobs, and different bosses.

Two weeks after the first expansion, right?

Again, at no point in all of FFXI, which I played much more than FFXIV, did I ever experience no content available to me or just 1 major raid (outside of levelling new jobs/crafting). So doesn't matter when content came out, it kept coming out in FFXI and kept being valid so I would always have things to run each week and it was varied. FFXIV has been 1 raid at a time since launch, and multiple times has been no raids.

That seems like a different standpoint than the one that started this little tangent. Why would anyone object to more content variety as long as it was accessible to the majority of the playerbase, however you seemed to be advocating content variety which catered almost exclusively to a nice hardcore subset of the playerbase.

The majority of players in FFXI weren't like the majority of players in FFXIV. That game had less of a skill gap then this game does. Not sure why. FFXI was more about ability timing, co-ordination with pt members (skill chains and magic bursts), optimal party and gearing, etc - then as much reactionary mechanics.

Uthred

Again, at no point in all of FFXI, which I played much more than FFXIV, did I ever experience no content available to me or just 1 major raid (outside of levelling new jobs/crafting). So doesn't matter when content came out, it kept coming out in FFXI and kept being valid so I would always have things to run each week and it was varied. FFXIV has been 1 raid at a time since launch.

Of course it matters when the content came out, its quite disingenuous to make a list showing three full expansions worth of content and saying "Look at this variety!" when comparing it to a game a fortnight after its first expansion is out. In the same situation in FFXI you would have been running a smaller pool of content.

The majority of players in FFXI weren't like the majority of players in FFXIV. That game had less of a skill gap then this game does. Not sure why. FFXI was more about ability timing, co-ordination with pt members (skill chains and magic bursts), optimal party and gearing, etc - then as much reactionary mechanics.

What the players in FFXI were like is immaterial, FFXIV's content will be dictated by what its players are like. You're tilting at windmills if you think FFXIV's content is going to start catering to a hardcore niche, the aim for the majority of content in MMO's like FFXIV is accessibility.

Prismo

Neo Member
Hey, as a player also on Tonberry it's a real pain in the ass to make a character. Those alert sites won't work since they follow the lodestone status and those aren't updated fast enough to account for the small window of time on Tonberry. You'll probably have to make a character during the weekday, early morning while everyone is still sleeping. Like, 6am-9am AEST or something like that.

Cheers, good to know.

Tabris

Of course it matters when the content came out, its quite disingenuous to make a list showing three full expansions worth of content and saying "Look at this variety!" when comparing it to a game a fortnight after its first expansion is out. In the same situation in FFXI you would have been running a smaller pool of content.

OK, here is adjusted schedule based on your demands:

Week 1
Mon 6pm - Sky Pop Farming (Couldn't do this in small parties at launch, needed linkshell)
Wed 4pm - Sky Pop Farming
The 6pm - Help Day for Zilart Missions (Divine Might & Nexus) as story wasn't easy
Sun 6pm - Dynamis Jeuno

Week 2
Mon 6pm - Sky Bosses (Byakko and Suzukku farming)
Tue 6pm - Dynamis Bastok
Wed 4pm - Sky Bosses (other boss names I forgot farming)
Thu 6pm - Sky Bosses (Kirin attempts)
Sun 6pm - Dynamis San d'Oria

Every 24-48 hours people would camp up to 3 hours for HNM bosses. This is based on time when a decent amount of people had hit level 75 after the north American launch. Equivalent of 2.0 launch. So compare that to:

Week 1:
Mon 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
Wed 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
Thu 6pm - Coil of Bahamut

Week 2:
Mon 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
Wed 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
The 6pm - Coil of Bahamut

Notice the lack of evolution in this schedule from 2.0 to 3.0, but the additional items added in FFXI.

Enough, ffs tabris.

We get how you feel. It's nice to want things.

Time to accept mmos in this decade.

I've done some reading up on WoW after pellagri's post and it has extensively more raids. It seems to average 5 raids an expansion. All of them have 2-3 difficulty levels. Multiple ones are the same ilevel, so there's more than 1 raid at a time for people to run. Unless people ignored the other 2 raids (for example). Shouldn't FFXIV at least match WoW's content variety minimum?

WolvenOne

Really digging the production values in Alexander. I have more of an emotional attachment to Coil, but even when Coil was new the amount of reskins and such was rather glaring. This time most the mobs and bosses feel like stuff we haven't seen before, it's nice.

Hopefully they can keep it up over subsequent installments. Also, hopefully they add new Boss music with each installment. Right now Alexander is fun, but I want it to become a bit more somber as you near the end. XD

Top Bottom