• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

chiliboy

Just started playing this game on Ultros, got to level 10 on my archer before upgrading the trial to full version and buying heavensward :) Really hooked already, I can see why people recommend this!
Shame I had to go sleep :/

Any tips and tricks that I should know as a beginner?
Read a couple of good posts on reddit already such as http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3a6ffy/new_to_xiv_read_on/.

registered on neogaf.guildworks.com and will send application ingame next time Im home :)

Klyka

Banned
So, why don't people just play something else until new content is out that is satisfying to them again?

It's what I've been doing with the game.

Zomba13

Just started playing this game on Ultros, got to level 10 on my archer before upgrading the trial to full version and buying heavensward :) Really hooked already, I can see why people recommend this!
Shame I had to go sleep :/

Any tips and tricks that I should know as a beginner?
Read a couple of good posts on reddit already such as http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3a6ffy/new_to_xiv_read_on/.

registered on neogaf.guildworks.com and will send application ingame next time Im home :)

Not much advice to give really, Just make sure to say when you're new for a dungeon/trial. Most things are easy but this way someone will tell you if there are any mechanics to look out for.

Enjoy the story cutscenes but if at any point you miss any or skip them you can watch them again from the inn room in any city.

If you haven't already use one of these recruit a friend codes to get a hat that increases exp by 15% for levels 25 and under and some free teleport tickets.
R4GUT2C7
Z3F4TE65
NRYGMF4J
TRNGU8ZQ

chiliboy

Not much advice to give really, Just make sure to say when you're new for a dungeon/trial. Most things are easy but this way someone will tell you if there are any mechanics to look out for.

Enjoy the story cutscenes but if at any point you miss any or skip them you can watch them again from the inn room in any city.

If you haven't already use one of these recruit a friend codes to get a hat that increases exp by 15% for levels 25 and under and some free teleport tickets.
R4GUT2C7
Z3F4TE65
NRYGMF4J
TRNGU8ZQ

Thank you so much :) used this code: Z3F4TE65
Do I get the items in ingame mail?

also will tell people that Im new when doing party stuff, hopefully they will be a bit lenient on me ^^

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I've done some reading up on WoW after pellagri's post and it has extensively more raids. It seems to average 5 raids an expansion. All of them have 2-3 difficulty levels. Multiple ones are the same ilevel, so there's more than 1 raid at a time for people to run. Unless people ignored the other 2 raids (for example). Shouldn't FFXIV at least match WoW's content variety minimum?

You give Yoshida and team and the budget WoW gets and we probably would have all of that. =P

Again though, each patch update makes the previous raid out of date in WoW. So, your schedule wouldn't be all five raids...it would be whatever the current raid is. Every day.

Well, except for your alts. =P

Omni

I'm currently on Lamia because of a recommendation from someone that I'll never play with (they already have a tight-knit group that I wouldn't want to impose upon). Should I switch over to Ultros when my trial ends? That's where most of you guys play, yus?

I haven't bought the game yet but I'll do it soon. Currently a level 16 archer. Still trying to wrap my head around everything... haha. There's so much!

Zomba13

Thank you so much :) used this code: Z3F4TE65
Do I get the items in ingame mail?

also will tell people that Im new when doing party stuff, hopefully they will be a bit lenient on me ^^

Items should come through the moogle mail in game. Add me as a friend too (Zomba Thirteen) and I'll try to help if you need it when I'm on.

In most instances people are very helpful when you say you're new. Most levelling content isn't too hard so it's mostly things like "dodge AoEs" but sometimes a dungeon boss or a trial has a trick to it where you might be told to activate a thing. Like in the very first dungeon (Sastasha) the final boss has grates on the ground that you need to "use" when they start to bubble to stop additional enemies from spawning.

The only place I can see being new would annoy people would be in the final dungeons of the 2.0 story where there are a lot of cutscenes during the run (fixed in the expansion as most story cutscenes take place after the dungeon). In those cases though they shouldn't queue up for story mission roulette if they want a quick speed run. In those dungeons in some cases it can force you to skip cutscenes if it triggers a cutscene while you're in one so if that happens remember to watch them in an inn.

I'm currently on Lamia because of a recommendation from someone that I'll never play with (they already have a tight-knit group that I wouldn't want to impose upon). Should I switch over to Ultros when my trial ends? That's where most of you guys play, yus?

I haven't bought the game yet but I'll do it soon. Currently a level 16 archer. Still trying to wrap my head around everything... haha. There's so much!

I played originally on Sargatanas, that was where the old 1.0 GAF played and I was there for a while in 2.0 but there wasn't as much GAF there and a lot of the time the most active players were just in mumble on voice chat which was something I couldn't do at the time so I moved to Ultros and it's been great. Very large GAF presence, always someone online in the FC and very helpful on the whole. Even at EU times there will be people on (obviously not as active during EU mornings/early noon). There is a cost for transferring which for me (with multiple lvl 50s at the time) was worth it. At lvl 16 it might be worth just making a new character if you don't want to pay the transfer fee.

If you do get the full game and need a recruit a friend code you can use this one: 4U2BWMDJ

chiliboy

Items should come through the moogle mail in game. Add me as a friend too (Zomba Thirteen) and I'll try to help if you need it when I'm on.

In most instances people are very helpful when you say you're new. Most levelling content isn't too hard so it's mostly things like "dodge AoEs" but sometimes a dungeon boss or a trial has a trick to it where you might be told to activate a thing. Like in the very first dungeon (Sastasha) the final boss has grates on the ground that you need to "use" when they start to bubble to stop additional enemies from spawning.

The only place I can see being new would annoy people would be in the final dungeons of the 2.0 story where there are a lot of cutscenes during the run (fixed in the expansion as most story cutscenes take place after the dungeon). In those cases though they shouldn't queue up for story mission roulette if they want a quick speed run. In those dungeons in some cases it can force you to skip cutscenes if it triggers a cutscene while you're in one so if that happens remember to watch them in an inn.

Okay that is awesome, I will add you (my name is Llevina Diona on there)!

Thank you for the tips, I'll remember that! I've played WoW for a couple of years from classic to WOTLK so I know some of the mmorpg basics, but It's good to be honest with people so they can adjust their views aswell :)

Okay Ill try to skip cutscenes as much as possible in raids and such then and view them with a beer in hand in the inn later then! :)

Ferr986

I suppose one thing to mention is that the FFXI content in question was spread over many expansions, but it does bring up an even greater point in favour of your view. FFXI (back then at least, idk about now) had a great nack of keeping older gear and content relevant.

This is it.

The problem with XIV is not the amount of content but of fast it renders useless.
Zilard end-game drops were useful for a long time, + sky and sea drops + dynamis, you had more things to do weekly. (not counting Treasures because it came way later)

To be honest I don't want to go back to XI schedules, mainly because HNM timed pops were fucking terrible, and Dynamis and sky/sea farming took to much time. I like the XIV way better of doing shorter content, but the vertical progression of the gear kills old content too fast.

Zomba13

Okay that is awesome, I will add you (my name is Llevina Diona on there)!

Thank you for the tips, I'll remember that! I've played WoW for a couple of years from classic to WOTLK so I know some of the mmorpg basics, but It's good to be honest with people so they can adjust their views aswell :)

Okay Ill try to skip cutscenes as much as possible in raids and such then and view them with a beer in hand in the inn later then! :)

Honestly I'd say just watch the as many cutscenes while in the dungeon as possible. The only place that some people might have an issue would be the last two and really, those people that do have a problem with it should maybe just chill out and remember it's just a game and they don't have to run those lvl50 story dungeons. But yeah, there is always the inn to re-watch them. And if you want some extra safety in the last story dungeons then you could always ask from GAF members to go along with you on your first time so that you are able to watch the cutscenes without pressure.

Meciu

I really hope that Alexander SAVAGE will be brutal and at least as hard as SCoB SAVAGE was... SE please, You gave ppl the story they wanted. Now it's time for some real challange.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I really hope that Alexander SAVAGE will be brutal and at least as hard as SCoB SAVAGE was... SE please, You gave ppl the story they wanted. Now it's time for some real challange.
As someone who cleared T6, 8-9 Savage... No. I wouldn't want to farm something like that.

chiliboy

Honestly I'd say just watch the as many cutscenes while in the dungeon as possible. The only place that some people might have an issue would be the last two and really, those people that do have a problem with it should maybe just chill out and remember it's just a game and they don't have to run those lvl50 story dungeons. But yeah, there is always the inn to re-watch them. And if you want some extra safety in the last story dungeons then you could always ask from GAF members to go along with you on your first time so that you are able to watch the cutscenes without pressure.

Oh okay, I'll try to remember that then! :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question to people who tried/cleared SCoB Savage - is it exactly the same as the regular Second coil mechanics wise but with tighter checks/more damage received or do bosses have new skills etc.?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Question to people who tried/cleared SCoB Savage - is it exactly the same as the regular Second coil mechanics wise but with tighter checks/more damage received or do bosses have new skills etc.?

New mechanics as well as more unforgiving versions of mechanics from the normal version. Basically not a lot of room for error and before i120+ the gear check was pretty strict as well with higher raid damage going out from all Turns.

chiliboy

Since I'm new I have a couple of questions:

1. Guildhest - i tried reading the wiki about em, they are party quests right? Should I do them right away or save them for something?

2. Levequests are best for crafting leveling, is that correct?

3. When should I pursue secondary class leveling? I want to go bard so I need 15 pugilist aswell as 30 archer!

Arkeband

Banned
As someone who cleared T6, 8-9 Savage... No. I wouldn't want to farm something like that.

I agree, some level of challenge is welcomed, but with the lack of freedom of builds that you'd find in other MMO's, making extremely challenging content in a game with archaic netcode and admittedly clunky controls isn't fun to me.

One of the finer parts of WoW's hard modes was coming up with builds and a meta to tackle them. With that missing, it's just learning a more complex dance, where the moment one person screws up you have to start over.

Speaking of which, are they planning on implementing the "phase practice" thing Yoshi was talking about in multiple interviews, or will that be FFXIV's "dance studio"?

Zomba13

1. Guildhest - i tried reading the wiki about em, they are party quests right? Should I do them right away or save them for something?

3. When should I pursue secondary class leveling? I want to go bard so I need 15 pugilist aswell as 30 archer!

1. Guildhests are little party trial things. Very help[ful first time through as they give bonus exp for first time completion and introduce you to various mechanics. Good idea to do them as soon as you can. The bonus exp for first time clear isn't huge but can help and no real point saving them.

2. Levequests are probably the best way to level crafters yeah.

3. It's up to you but when you hit level 30 from that point on you should be a Job (Bard etc) and not a class (Archer etc).

Reknoc

1. You will need to do a set number of Guildhests for one of the post game story quests, I think first time bonus can be gotten for each new class you do them with as well? So you might as well do them for the boost in EXP.

3. You can do that whenever but I've always just waited until I got my main class to 30 before bothering with the secondary one.

chiliboy

1. Guildhests are little party trial things. Very help[ful first time through as they give bonus exp for first time completion and introduce you to various mechanics. Good idea to do them as soon as you can. The bonus exp for first time clear isn't huge but can help and no real point saving them.

2. Levequests are probably the best way to level crafters yeah.

3. It's up to you but when you hit level 30 from that point on you should be a Job (Bard etc) and not a class (Archer etc).

1. You will need to do a set number of Guildhests for one of the post game story quests, I think first time bonus can be gotten for each new class you do them with as well? So you might as well do them for the boost in EXP.

3. You can do that whenever but I've always just waited until I got my main class to 30 before bothering with the secondary one.

Okay thank you both, Ill do guildhests ASAP and start doing some pugilist leveling around 20-25 then :)

a silly question maybe, but how do I actually level my secondary class? I have to pick it up in another town sure but can I switch what I want the exp to level? or are there specific pugilist quests that only reward exp for that?
the same question can be applied to crafting aswell I guess, how do I level that?

Reknoc

Okay thank you both, Ill do guildhests ASAP and start doing some pugilist leveling around 20-25 then :)

a silly question maybe, but how do I actually level my secondary class? I have to pick it up in another town sure but can I switch what I want the exp to level? or are there specific pugilist quests that only reward exp for that?
the same question can be applied to crafting aswell I guess, how do I level that?

Once you unlock the class itself from the class trainer guy you just have to equip the class specific weapon and tadah you're now a level 1 Pugilist. Since you're an Archer you'll have plenty of level specific quests in Uldah so do them and leves and you should level up pretty fast.

Arkeband

Banned

You get EXP for whatever class you're currently set as. You can hotswap classes with one button if you drag the gear set icon out of that interface onto your hotbars.

If you have no main/side quests for the level another class is set as, you can do guildhests, leves, dungeons, hunting log entries, FATEs, challenge log entries, or just straight up grinding monsters I suppose to level up alt classes.

fedexpeon

Banned
Hmm, I think the grind is getting to me.
After doing all the daily stuff and hunts, and now add in Alex for gear, what else is there to do but repeat the cycle for your next alt class?
I don't know...I guess this expansion contents are getting burned too quickly.

Zomba13

To get other classes you just go to the guild, do the "quest" (really more of a confirmation you want to do the class) and then equip the weapon you get. To change back just put the weapon of your old class back on. Best to save gear sets so you just need to click it instead of swapping over each piece of gear. Each class does have their own class quests every 5 levels (then every 2 levels in the expansion) that give exp, gear and skills.

Same goes for the crafting classes too.

You gain exp on whatever class you are at the moment and change classes by changing you weapon.

chiliboy

To get other classes you just go to the guild, do the "quest" (really more of a confirmation you want to do the class) and then equip the weapon you get. To change back just put the weapon of your old class back on. Best to save gear sets so you just need to click it instead of swapping over each piece of gear. Each class does have their own class quests every 5 levels (then every 2 levels in the expansion) that give exp, gear and skills.

Same goes for the crafting classes too.

You get EXP for whatever class you're currently set as. You can hotswap classes with one button if you drag the gear set icon out of that interface onto your hotbars.

If you have no main/side quests for the level another class is set as, you can do guildhests, leves, dungeons, hunting log entries, FATEs, challenge log entries, or just straight up grinding monsters I suppose to level up alt classes.

Once you unlock the class itself from the class trainer guy you just have to equip the class specific weapon and tadah you're now a level 1 Pugilist. Since you're an Archer you'll have plenty of level specific quests in Uldah so do them and leves and you should level up pretty fast.

Alright perfect, thank you all so much for the help :) Gonna save this info!

Ken

After doing all the daily stuff and hunts, and now add in Alex for gear, what else is there to do but repeat the cycle for your next alt class?

Certainly none of this is a surprise to a jaded MMO veteran like you, of course!

Maybe slowdown?

Completed the first 3 Floors last night. The 4th was a wipefest but at least the group was pleasant and having fun (which isn't exactly common in the DF).

Been having lots of fun with it especially since I wasn't active when Coil first released.

Azzurri

You haven't played many theme park mmos have you? This is like how almost every single one of them does things when it comes to endgame. Sure you have your minigames, collectathons and vanity that hold some of them together better than others, but for those who don't care about any of that, the end result is still the same when it comes to endgame.

It's the problem with Theme Park MMO's, it's just how they're designed. You can't create enough content fast enough because content locust eat it up way too fast. It's what we are already seeing in the x-pac here.

So, why don't people just play something else until new content is out that is satisfying to them again?

It's what I've been doing with the game.

It's actually what a lot of people do with this game from what I've seen. New patch release, play for 4 weeks or so, unsub, then resub when a new patch is released.

Jolkien

Any FC need a SCH healer on Hyperion ? I can raid thursday,friday,saturday no matter the time/hour. Not sure where to check besides here

I'd love to find a good group of people to kill everything SE can throw at us. I'm fairly new at FFXIV but raided for 10 years in WoW.

Arkeband

Banned
I was talking with my FC about Alexander and we agreed that something like this is fun to play and a lot more light hearted than Coil ever was and at the end of the day there is gonna be a alexander savage for people who get off to having their ass spanked with a nail laden wooden paddle.

And because of the way Stage 3 and Stage 4 are I feel like Savage is gonna play the way those people want to play.

oh and the main reason Coil's story is better than Alexander's has a lot to do with the fact well its fucking Bahamut no other primal has nearly as much build up as he has.

In the multiverse of FF, Alexander has been set up to be more powerful than Bahamut, but only in short bursts. He straight up
killed Bahamut
in FF9, and he
completely about-faced one of the main battles
in Type-0, whereas Bahamut routinely got K.O.'d when summoned for help.

Alexander has been positioned to be the strongest FF summon in the series, with the caveat that he can only exist for a very limited amount of time. He's the nuclear option.

His story may get more serious as we go deeper into him and as he climbs out of the lake. I don't think anyone involved in the questline so far has any real idea of what Alexander can do.

wpshrine_Final_Fantasy_9_20_1280x960.jpg

C'mon son. If they contain Alexander to be goblin bullshit for all three raids, they've essentially wasted him.

The only other summons in the series that compare are Eden, which is specific to FF8, and Ark/Zodiark, which seems to be the force behind the
Ascians.

Ferr986

In the multiverse of FF, Alexander has been set up to be more powerful than Bahamut, but only in short bursts. He straight up
killed Bahamut
in FF9, and he
completely about-faced one of the main battles in Type-0
, whereas Bahamut routinely got K.O.'d when summoned for help.

Alexander has been positioned to be the strongest FF summon in the series, with the caveat that he can only exist for a very limited amount of time. He's the nuclear option.

Not always. In FFIV Bahamut is actually the God of the Eidolons, and in VIII he is considered the greatest G.F. (although Eden is more devastating). Most FF games Alexander isn't even pointed in the story, being just a random summon.

The only numbered game (didn't play Type 0) where Alexander outclasses Bahamut is in IX.

Also, he doesn't die in IX, just gets defeated. You can get his summon later on.

Btw, I like gobs being part of the story, but only because, as a XI player, gobs are awesome!

IvorB

I've been having fun with Alexander so far. It's a fun place to practice the new skills. What's bothering me more is not having the Ex primals in DF. Even if the chance of actually clearing is low it would be nice to be able to just jump in and get some practice with it without having to wait the right type of party to pop up in PF.

I took some screenshots from my time with the expac so far so I may as well share them here.

There's one from Ishgard:

And the rest from my favourite area:

Nohar

The only numbered game (didn't play Type 0) where Alexander outclasses Bahamut is in IX.

Also, he doesn't die in IX, just gets defeated. You can get his summon later on.

Your statement is false.
In FFIX, Alexander is the Eidolon whose role is to protect the Alexandria's castle. He was summoned by Eiko and Garnet in order to stop Bahamut's rampage, which is precisely what Kuja wanted. Just like with Bahamut, Kuja planned to hijack it for his nefarious goals (which was to overthrow Garland), Alexander being significantly more powerful than Bahamut in FFIX. Too bad for him, Garland guessed Kuja's plan and didn't like that. At all. So Garland decided to annihilate Alexander thoroughly, by taking control of the Invincible and destroying it instead of controlling it. Alexander was obliterated, and with it a large part of Alexandria. You can't summon it later at all.

Also note that this is probably one of the few times (the only time?) we saw Bahamut litteraly panic when facing an opponent.

Also Alexander played an important part in one of Final Fantasy XI's storyline.

plake

I've been having fun with Alexander so far. It's a fun place to practice the new skills. What's bothering me more is not having the Ex primals in DF. Even if the chance of actually clearing is low it would be nice to be able to just jump in and get some practice with it without having to wait the right type of party to pop up in PF.

I took some screenshots from my time with the expac so far so I may as well share them here.

There's one from Ishgard:

And the rest from my favourite area:

Nice screens.

Regarding EX primals in DF - that's how it always is with new, tougher content in XIV. You could always start a party yourself if there is no good one in PF at the time.

Ferr986

Your statement is false.
In FFIX, Alexander is the Eidolon whose role is to protect the Alexandria's castle. He was summoned by Eiko and Garnet in order to stop Bahamut's rampage, which is precisely what Kuja wanted. Just like with Bahamut, Kuja planned to hijack it for his nefarious goals (which was to overthrow Garland), Alexander being significantly more powerful than Bahamut in FFIX. Too bad for him, Garland guessed Kuja's plan and didn't like that. At all. So Garland decided to annihilate Alexander thoroughly, by taking control of the Invincible and destroying it instead of controlling it. Alexander was obliterated, and with it a large part of Alexandria. You can't summon it later at all.

Also Alexander played an important part in one of Final Fantasy XI's storyline.

I know that, that's also why I said Alex does outclass Bahamut in IX. Also, I know Alexander was important in Treasures (much like Bahamut was in CoP). But there's that. Bahamut had a couple of more provinent roles in the saga (like in IV and X).

Btw, I meant Bahamut, not Alex. Bahamut gets defeated but later on you get his summon. I don't know if summons can really die in IX.

Arkeband

Banned
Your statement is false.

I think he meant Bahamut but yeah basically this.

Basically my point was that Bahamut's story in FFXIV is for all current intents and purposes, over. Alexander is his replacement so it'd be cool if he was at least positioned in a similar way. With how Alexander has been increasingly portrayed, if someone with nefarious intent were to control Alexander he could probably pull off a Calamity of his own.

Depending on the game, Alexander/Bahamut/Eden/Zodiark are the most dangerous/powerful summons, so unless they come up with more new ones their pool of all-powerful celestial beings grows smaller.

Though if they got real desperate there's always Neo Bahamut and Bahamut ZERO...

MogCakes

Though if they got real desperate there's always Neo Bahamut and Bahamut ZERO...

Neo and Zero wouldn't fit in the established lore behind Bahamut. Unless the Allagans have replicated their favorite primal...

Once they exhaust all nostalgic venues for Eikons, there's always the third option: make new ones. Hell there's still the Espers from XII as well, and some from XIII. Make a Yoshi-P Eikon, that'll be interesting!

Arkeband

Banned
Neo and Zero wouldn't fit in the established lore behind Bahamut. Unless the Allagans have replicated their favorite primal...

Once they exhaust all nostalgic venues for Eikons, there's always the third option: make new ones. Hell there's still the Espers from XII as well, and some from XIII. Make a Yoshi-P Eikon, that'll be interesting!

With all of the cringeworthy fan-worship of Yoshi-P, you might be onto something here...

On a serious note, the espers of FFXII are fair game but they seem to be saving that for whatever the Ascians end-game is. Their masks and names seem to be directly referencing to the FFXII mythos.

I could see the introduction of the Warriors of Darkness or whatever bringing along that suite of primals. A lot of them mirror the vanilla summons in terms of representing elements, etc. So for example, Belias would be the alternate universe counterpart of Ifrit, Adrammalech to Ramuh, etc.

And then if they got real lazy they could just do literal Dark Aeon "oh no they're corrupt lolz" that's been done in everything ever and reuse a buttload of assets.

Yes, i'm also burned out atm. And i don't want to level up another class.

Sorian

Banned
Now that I've gotten to do all four turns for myself, I see that a lot of moans and groans were hyperbole. This served the purpose it was meant to serve in that it was easy enough for most to see the story and all 4 of the fights have obvious room for extra mechanics that will be present for savage and will tune the fight better.

As for the design and aesthetic, they delivered exactly what they said they would deliver. This is not coil, it should not be compared to coil. This was meant to be a departure to a different style and theme and I think they nailed the theme well. I will agree with the sentiment of this page where someone said that if it ends up all being goblins then it would be a waste of Alexander but, at least, these first two raids (2.0 and 2.2) will be heavily goblin and it's not wise to expect otherwise unless you like fostering disappointment.

Jayhawk

OK, here is adjusted schedule based on your demands:

Week 1
Mon 6pm - Sky Pop Farming (Couldn't do this in small parties at launch, needed linkshell)
Tue 6pm - Dynamis Windurst
Wed 4pm - Sky Pop Farming
The 6pm - Help Day for Zilart Missions (Divine Might & Nexus) as story wasn't easy
Sun 6pm - Dynamis Jeuno

Week 2
Mon 6pm - Sky Bosses (Byakko and Suzukku farming)
Tue 6pm - Dynamis Bastok
Wed 4pm - Sky Bosses (other boss names I forgot farming)
Thu 6pm - Sky Bosses (Kirin attempts)
Sun 6pm - Dynamis San d'Oria

Every 24-48 hours people would camp up to 3 hours for HNM bosses. This is based on time when a decent amount of people had hit level 75 after the north American launch. Equivalent of 2.0 launch. So compare that to:

Week 1:
Mon 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
Wed 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
Thu 6pm - Coil of Bahamut

Week 2:
Mon 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
Wed 6pm - Coil of Bahamut
The 6pm - Coil of Bahamut

Notice the lack of evolution in this schedule from 2.0 to 3.0, but the additional items added in FFXI.

I've done some reading up on WoW after pellagri's post and it has extensively more raids. It seems to average 5 raids an expansion. All of them have 2-3 difficulty levels. Multiple ones are the same ilevel, so there's more than 1 raid at a time for people to run. Unless people ignored the other 2 raids (for example). Shouldn't FFXIV at least match WoW's content variety minimum?

Look at this guy pretending that a lot of people were farming sky right away and that Dynamis didn't come out half a year after Rise of the Zilart released. Stop making bad comparisons. Level 75 cap increase came after sky gods were out. Were you even level 70 by then?

Top Bottom