• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

BLCKATK

Wake the metal was originally Ravana's theme, A1-A3 music was originally Bismark's theme. YoshiP made Soken switch them to Alexander and compose new music.

I'm pretty happy that Yoshi P made that change because I love the New Primal Tracks and I really adore the Alexander themes, they really fit the tone of the raid.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
But it's so easy now. The last 2 times I got it on Trials roulette we cleared it easily the first time.
I don't understand people bailing on Steps. Like, are they that uncertain of their ability? Are they really that bad that that fight gives them trouble? SE nerfed it all to hell. If they still can't handle it maybe they shouldn't Trial Roulette.

Speaking of Trial Roulette, what is up with Ramuh? I've gotten that the last 3 times I've done the thing. And none were first time bonuses!

Speaking of Ramuh, I want to pony farm him at some point and also get the DRK sword.
Oh don't get me wrong it's not about the difficulty, people just purely hate the fight and bail upon the moment it loads in. I think it's due to the design of the fight, doesn't make for an interesting encounter multiple times in a row.

Valor

They're best fit where they are now though, and I'm trying to avoid the bias of being used to them when saying that.

I just would have liked a Ravana tune to be a bit more up tempo, but that's kind of my preference of music in general. They fit where they are now, sure, but I still would have loved to hear that ravana arrangement.

Sorian

Banned
I just would have liked a Ravana tune to be a bit more up tempo, but that's kind of my preference of music in general. They fit where they are now, sure, but I still would have loved to hear that ravana arrangement.

Making Ravana's song a waltz was brilliant. I can't say it's my favorite tune in the game but the context is great.

WolvenOne

This reinforces my theory that each tier of Alexander will be getting different battle themes. I mean the end bosses were essentially a given, but as the tone changes they'll probably want music that reflects that.

This reinforces my theory that each tier of Alexander will be getting different battle themes. I mean the end bosses were essentially a given, but as the tone changes they'll probably want music that reflects that.

I hope so; I don't want this to become like Coil where the non-end turns of the raid have the same boring ass tune that gets old fast. I'm specifically talking about the boss fight themes.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I hope so; I don't want this to become like Coil where the non-end turns of the raid have the same boring ass tune that gets old fast. I'm specifically talking about the boss fight themes.

Calamity Unbound was rad though.

...Well I guess not "I want to hear this every week for 18 months" rad.

Kenai

Wake the metal was originally Ravana's theme, A1-A3 music was originally Bismark's theme. YoshiP made Soken switch them to Alexander and compose new music.

I feel like this was the correct decision. A waltz for Ravana, chants and light melodies for Bismarck, and a metal theme for Alexander all fit each other like a glove.

I don't think they are boring per se, but I'd definitely want more music, cause this game delivers track after track of excellence. You can even get sick of excellent tracks like these if you listen to them over and over again with no change.

Xux

Aw, the normal Alexander boss theme is probably the objectively best song in the series, IMO; it'd be sad to see it replaced.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm about to hit lvl 50 and I need some advice.

Is it worth me going through and leveling up my other classes before heading into the expansion? I've pretty much just been leveling my main class and ignoring everything else, Like mining and so on.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism

Is it worth me going through and leveling up my other classes before heading into the expansion? I've pretty much just been leveling my main class and ignoring everything else, Like mining and so on.

Unless you're missing important cross class skill for your job, just keep on truckin' to 60. No real need to level other stuff unless you just feel like leveling it.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Trying to get caught up on the main storyline. I am up to 2.1. I just did a quest that required me to queue for 4 low level guildhests and each one took 10-15 minutes to get through the queue. Then the next quest requires me to queue up for 5 more low level guildhests.

This shit is brutal.

Alrus

Trying to get caught up on the main storyline. I am up to 2.1. I just did a quest that required me to queue for 4 low level guildhests and each one took 10-15 minutes to get through the queue. Then the next quest requires me to queue up for 5 more low level guildhests.

This shit is brutal.

You could always go through them unsynced (check the box in the options in the DF windows), they shouldn't be too hard at lvl 50, no need to wait for long ass queues this way :)

Edit: unless you can't for Guildhests, never tried.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
You could always go through them unsynced (check the box in the options in the DF windows), they shouldn't be too hard at lvl 50, no need to wait for long ass queues this way :)

Edit: unless you can't for Guildhests, never tried.

I don't think I can. I have an option for "undersized party", but that locks me out from queuing for them.

I gave up on the queue after 30 minutes. With 5 of them to do I don't really have 3 hours to spend knocking out a low level quest. Kind of regret resubbing now.

dramatis

I don't think I can. I have an option for "undersized party", but that locks me out from queuing for them.

I gave up on the queue after 30 minutes. With 5 of them to do I don't really have 3 hours to spend knocking out a low level quest. Kind of regret resubbing now.
Do you have a tank or healer at 50?

Alternatively, do you have a friend who is tank or healer and willing to take you through content?

only if you need cross class skills. i would get to 60 asap and start grinding for weekly tomes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

What server are you on?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am a bard on Ultros.

Managed to get through it. Just took a few hours. Kind of annoying since it only completed one quest, but things move along now.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Do I need to finish the main story quests before I can quest in Heaven or should I head to a specific location to start?

Servers just completely crashed and it won't let me back on. Is this happening to anyone else?

It doesn't seem to be pen at the moment either. Just ffxiv is effected for me.

Man - been super down on this game recently while I slog through the pre-3.0 MSQ stuff, but every time I get to a primal and the chorus kicks in right after the big attack going into the last phase I'm reminded of why this game is awesome. The music really does make the fights feel really cool.

Now for another dozen fetch quests in between cutscenes, I'm sure.

Man - been super down on this game recently while I slog through the pre-3.0 MSQ stuff, but every time I get to a primal and the chorus kicks in right after the big attack going into the last phase I'm reminded of why this game is awesome. The music really does make the fights feel really cool.

Now for another dozen fetch quests in between cutscenes, I'm sure.
I was fine with the fetch quests. The story was actually interesting and the point A to B shit was the shortest it had been the whole game.

Soma

52 on MCH finally \o/

yeah Gauss Barrel is... interesting. Definitely feels like it changes up the job and having to acclimate to what it introduces to the rotation a lot more than what WM did for Bard. I can already see certain things that I'll have to change in my regular rotation in order to maximize its effectiveness.

Can't say I'm in love with the job quite yet but it's growing on me.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just unlocked all the lv 3 FC buff recipes in the workshop. We only have green cluster at the moment so the only lv 3 wheels we can make right now are Nutriment (Meat and Mead 3), Permanence (Proper Care 3), and Pilgrimage (Reduced Rates 3).

Woo, Main mission story stuff done from standard game. Thanks to the japanese groups who just destroyed the instances!

Congrats!

I'm assuming you're referring to the end of 2.0 with mentions of instances? It's funny because to all other players those are just speed runs, but as a new player obviously you don't want to speed run through the ending instances. At the very least it makes it go fast though so you can continue on.

BTW, if your group was like me, and didn't want for people to watch cutscenes, absolutely go back to the Inn and watch them. Note they'll be in the dungeons/trials category and not MSQ.

Congrats!

I'm assuming you're referring to the end of 2.0 with mentions of instances? It's funny because to all other players those are just speed runs, but as a new player obviously you don't want to speed run through the ending instances. At the very least it makes it go fast though so you can continue on.

BTW, if your group was like me, and didn't want for people to watch cutscenes, absolutely go back to the Inn and watch them. Note they'll be in the dungeons/trials category and not MSQ.
I've never seen anyone wait for cutscenes on any run of the final two MSQ dungeons. I mean, thankfully you get put in the boss arena automatically on the last stretch of the praetorium, but still...

Omni

I'm thinking about changing servers soon. Maybe tomorrow. Had a bit of a falling out with someone on my server, plus the free company I'm in now - while full of a few nice people - doesn't really do much together (and since I'm nearing/practically at end-game, I think it's a good time to move on).

edit. Screw it. I'm now on Ultros :) Name is Elia Ross in-game. I sent a request to the GAF FC.

aceface

Just unlocked all the lv 3 FC buff recipes in the workshop. We only have green cluster at the moment so the only lv 3 wheels we can make right now are Nutriment (Meat and Mead 3), Permanence (Proper Care 3), and Pilgrimage (Reduced Rates 3).

Got the important ones!

Omnicent

So, I had my first terrible DF experience while leveling my AST in Dusk Vigil yesterday.
The tank "has" a Lv.60 AST and said AST was garbage even after the recent buffs.

Also said that Diurnal sect sucked (when I look at the numbers, unless you need the preemptive shield diurnal looks better imo), and Nocturnal was the only way to go.
Kept on saying he wouldn't pull unless I went nocturnal (they still pulled though) and bitching about how bad AST and Diurnal sect is. Was a real downer to run with him.

Am I missing something with Nocturnal Stance or did the tank just not know what they were talking about?

Top Bottom