• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Moonlight

Banned
Qarn is straight up my favourite dungeon in the game so far, can't say that enough. Just feels so good to go through versus the mind-numbing slog that is Toto-Rak. Seriously, fuck that place.

Just a shame I won't have much reason to go there anymore aside from level roulette. Got pretty much all the relevant gear in my first few runs.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I found a real life Lalafel

11162515_925884734116249_1657671763139276013_n.jpg

AF2 cosplay already

iammeiam

I predict 23789723974 judgment-based wipes.

It's nice to see that
having half your party suicide
is a valid strat at long last, though.

Huh. So suicide near the end is partly how they did it. Damn.
Also watched Miu's(WHM) POV and I've got to say wow. An inspiration to healers everywhere. Almost makes me want to pick up the WHM staff again.

Scher

Here's Lucrezia's kill video for A4S, where they just completely cheese the judgement nisi/royal pentacle mechanic. Although, they were pretty smart about it and always sacced a tank, healer, and the machinist which is about as minimal of a DPS loss as they could probably get from doing that.

Ferr986

Why SE don't put esoterics in all PvP modes? it's a waste of roulette when you do a Frontline roulette and you don't get Rock Seize.

Seriously, SE needs to stop being so scared of giving esoterics in something other than the boring dungeons. Put more esos in the EX primals, Alexander, and the other PvP modes. It's not like the dungeons are hard (they're actually the easiest method to get esos) and also there will be more people doing that content.

Alrus

Here's Lucrezia's kill video for A4S, where they just completely cheese the judgement nisi/royal pentacle mechanic. Although, they were pretty smart about it and always sacced a tank, healer, and the machinist which is about as minimal of a DPS loss as they could probably get from doing that.

This is the first time I see a WHM using Ruin while dpsing. MP management req must be really tight.

They also ignore the big doll that drains all party's mp, max dps on the boss so they can use LB3 for rezzes while cheesing royal pentacle.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Have they said anything about sharing personal house in 3.1 lately? I thought it was slated for around that time.

Thy brought it up in the last live letter.

Q: Can you make it possible to share a house with our Eternal Bond partner?
A: While this is not limited to Eternal Bond partners, we are planning to implement a system in Patch 3.1 for housemates. With this system you’ll be able to give permissions to share gardening, and chocobo stables, as well as allow others to place furnishings.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIII-Digest-(08-18-2015)

Ken

Why SE don't put esoterics in all PvP modes? it's a waste of roulette when you do a Frontline roulette and you don't get Rock Seize.

Seriously, SE needs to stop being so scared of giving esoterics in something other than the boring dungeons. Put more esos in the EX primals, Alexander, and the other PvP modes. It's not like the dungeons are hard (they're actually the easiest method to get esos) and also there will be more people doing that content.

SE probably forgot there were other PvP modes.

dramatis

The other PvP modes are available to non-Heavensward players, and capped at 50.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

If they put esoterics for Steps of Faith people would actually stay.

WolvenOne

Okay, so.

I've been examining other people's crafting and gathering gear lately. It looks like most people are avoiding level 60 accessories for the time being, is there a reason for that?

About to start the process of replacing level 50 accessories.

Sifl

Did a grind for 270 esoterics today. Will do the rest tomorrow then I can go back to MGSV in peace.
Ty for reminding me we have tomorrow too, thought today was the last day. Turning this shit off.
Edit: just got into Neverreap after 30mins, nvm

Those gatcha games are deceptively addicting. I know from experience. :/

They are offering a free Servant card in a few hours and one of the options you can choose from is Heracles. The bastards know what I want. :|

One of the other available cards is EMIYA. I kind of want him too. But I can only pick one. Sigh.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Okay, so.

I've been examining other people's crafting and gathering gear lately. It looks like most people are avoiding level 60 accessories for the time being, is there a reason for that?

About to start the process of replacing level 50 accessories.
It's not worth it, you need favor mats to make them and V materia to reach the meld caps. You can get by fine with lower lv gear right now.

Tabris

Ugh, I have 40 Eso currently. I so don't want to spend 3-4hrs doing PVP today and tomorrow. They need to make savage worth more Eso. Like a 100 for each lockout clear.

Or at least go back to the 50 currency of Coil 1.

instead of capping my eso I reading some people roleplay in the forgotten knight in front of the fireplace next to a guy whose name is Forgotten Knight.

chrono01

They are offering a free Servant card in a few hours and one of the options you can choose from is Heracles. The bastards know what I want. :|

One of the other available cards is EMIYA. I kind of want him too. But I can only pick one. Sigh.
I'm kind of hoping they announce an English localization of it, given the amount of text and such in the game. I know it's unlikely, but I won't give up hope.

As it stands, I play enough gatcha games that I don't really need another one...but when I'm a fan of the Fate series, how can I say "no"? :/

I'm kind of hoping they announce an English localization of it, given the amount of text and such in the game. I know it's unlikely, but I won't give up hope.

There has never even been an official localization of the Fate/stay night VN. Kind of crazy when you realize this.

Fortunately there's also a very large and dedicated fanbase who do things like this:
http://fgo-story.byethost18.com/

As it stands, I play enough gatcha games that I don't really need another one...but when I'm a fan of the Fate series, how can I say "no"? :/

I limit myself to one money-grubbing phone game at a time. They tend to be pretty annoying about when you're allowed to play again, the odds on getting good draws are always awful, and the whole thing is basically a money-extraction machine from players. But you know...when I have both Heracles and Gilgamesh on my team beating up dragons, it's all suddenly worth it. :|

docbon

I limit myself to one money-grubbing phone game at a time. They tend to be pretty annoying about when you're allowed to play again, the odds on getting good draws are always awful, and the whole thing is basically a money-extraction machine from players. But you know...when I have both Heracles and Gilgamesh on my team beating up dragons, it's all suddenly worth it. :|

eb47tlW.gif

IvorB

I unlocked Fang and Claw for dragoon and it seems to change things up quite a bit. It's good because the previous two skills didn't really add much mechanically to how it's played. Gonna have to piece everything back together again in light of the new skill. Playing melee is a really different perspective and a little bit unnerving to be honest. The best thing though is being in full control of the limit break. It really annoys me when people just sit on it when it's fully charged.

Got Gauss Barrel for MCH unlocked and...hmm. I haven't decide if I just dislike this or hate it. I mean it feels off having a cast time for things.

Also back to leveling my PLD again and wow I was looking to buy tank food and came to the realization I have no idea if these prices are rip off prices. Its Balmung so there's a high chance I'm being ripped off.

IvorB

Got Gauss Barrel for MCH unlocked and...hmm. I haven't decide if I just dislike this or hate it. I mean it feels off having a cast time for things.

I'm kind of tempted to level machinist but if Gauss Barrel is just their version of Wanderer's Minuet that I don't think I'm that keen. But I do want to try one of expac jobs so maybe Astro then I can give healing a try.

Top Bottom