• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Man, I just finished Gubal Library for the first time. Loved that dungeon, and its soothing jazz elevator music.

Wish I could play more, but I'm heading to Vegas in 14 hours! I spent some time in Gold Saucer tonight to prepare. I'm pretty sure Vegas is basically the same thing.

Wasnt what i wanted to hear but thanks.

Yup, unfortunately it sucks. Same thing with the expansion too. If you want to play Heavensward on PC and PS4, you need to get a copy for each platform (after you got ARR for both).

Steam is actually its own separate platform too, which is annoying for people as well when they see a great deal on Amazon but can't get it since it won't work with their other non-Steam license.

Wow. The caliber of player I've been getting in dungeons on my Eso runs have been abysmal. Just don't want to run them right now, or maybe just level a dps job and forget about those places for a bit. T_T

People run pvp instead where they can afk in a corner for easy eso and not deal with Alwaysreap.

#notbitteratesofarmers

WolvenOne

People run pvp instead where they can afk in a corner for easy eso and not deal with Alwaysreap.

#notbitteratesofarmers

No trials at 60 except for Singularity, and there are only two dungeuns that five Esoterics. So people are kinda starved for choices when it comes to Esoteric farming.

I mean, it's essentially Neavereap, PVP, or Alexander at this point.

Squishy3

I originally played ff14 on ps4, right? I got tired of the framerate and want to play on pc in the future. Can i just buy any used game disc and install it to my pc and log in to my account, or do i need a new copy with some sort of license key in it?
You need to buy it again. If you're patient though you can wait until PC sales start up again and it might be on sale via Steam or wherever.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Need 3 more crafters at 60 to have them all. Almost there. GSM is at 59 and CRP and WVR are at 58.

So much work, so many crafts, so many mats gathered, so much money spent.

WolvenOne

Need 3 more crafters at 60 to have them all. Almost there. GSM is at 59 and CRP and WVR are at 58.

So much work, so many crafts, so many mats gathered, so much money spent.

My master plan, find Leves turn ins that I can make out of mats I can gather myself, spam the turn ins, ???, profit.

tearsofash

I'm gonna miss being able to stare at
Yoshi-P's
coccyx.

jbzN2yfm6wu9yu.jpg

Omni

Neverreap is such a gorgeous looking dungeon

but my god that final boss is a pain in the arse. Just leave me alone

Garlador

Hey everyone! I recently subscribed to the game (for the very first time!), though through the free 30 days I managed to blitz my way to level 50, beat the base main story, and explore some of the patch content (Hildibrand is worth the price of a subscription alone), but I've hit a very hard wall and, well, I admit I'm lost.

I'm torn between trying to level up my Rogue class (level 34 now) and advancing my Warrior (level 50). I bought Heavensward, but I can't get to that content until I beat the rest of the main scenarios and I'm struggling there. I though with the new level cap, I could level up my Warrior more, but it seems I'm unable to gain any experience from the core game to do so and speed things along.

Any advice on what to do? I'm EXTREMELY rusty right now, and I admit I'm a tad nervous to join any high-end dungeons as a Tank when I'm still relearning my abilities and trying to improve my stats to be less than pathetic.

Many thanks in advance.

All of Titan. That shit was redunkulous.

Only the quest chain leading up to it was shenanigans (though I did like that the game was self aware about it). But, the actual trial itself (and the events immediately afterward) is where ARR got real for me and when I started to get invested in the narrative. Ifrit was only a warm-up.

etae

It was hilarious when in game one of the characters notes how they are sending you on fetch quests and notes the angry look on your character's face.

Titan is threatening all of humanity! We need to hurry!

But first can you gather these ingredients they're scattered all over eorzea. -kappaface-

Ken

Hey everyone! I recently subscribed to the game (for the very first time!), though through the free 30 days I managed to blitz my way to level 50, beat the base main story, and explore some of the patch content (Hildibrand is worth the price of a subscription alone), but I've hit a very hard wall and, well, I admit I'm lost.

I'm torn between trying to level up my Rogue class (level 34 now) and advancing my Warrior (level 50). I bought Heavensward, but I can't get to that content until I beat the rest of the main scenarios and I'm struggling there. I though with the new level cap, I could level up my Warrior more, but it seems I'm unable to gain any experience from the core game to do so and speed things along.

Any advice on what to do? I'm EXTREMELY rusty right now, and I admit I'm a tad nervous to join any high-end dungeons as a Tank when I'm still relearning my abilities and trying to improve my stats to be less than pathetic.

Many thanks in advance.

I thought they went back and added XP to the level 50 ARR main story quests?

I wouldn't worry about rustiness. Everyone's learning in those leveling dungeons anyways.

WolvenOne

I wouldn't worry about rustiness. Everyone's learning in those leveling dungeons anyways.

Only if you have Heavensward.

PS: The Titan fetch quests could definitely use a little stream lining. I'd be reluctant to get rid of it entirely since that's where Brayflox is introduced, buuuut a few less steps in that quest chain would go a long way.

Also that soup quest.

etae

Many thanks in advance.

This is coming from a level 52 monk so some info maybe inaccurate/incorrect.

I would continue with the Main scenario. It doesn't give experience until you hit heavensward. Which is why the leveling has hit a wall. I would focus more on getting better level gear which you can trade with tombstones of poetics (obtainable in dutyfinder/hunts) to a vendor in Mor Dhona. I think item level 120 should see you through until heavensward.

If you're having fun with the rogue go with that. Remember to level pugilist to 15 to unlock ninja on the rogue class. Continuing with the tank I would say que up for some of the lower level dungeons until you get your bearings back.

If you get stuck in the Main story because of a trial or dungeon, ask for help on the Free Company GAF chat. I tried Odin last night in both Duty finder/Party finder and wiped constantly. With GAF I was able to clear it on the first try. Everyone is friendly/funny and always willing to give pointers when asked.

Hope this helps!

I have the heavensward expansion. So far just giving gold no experience. Although I'm only on Patch 2.2 Main story content.

Jaeyden

Bought the game about a month ago. Just started HS a few hours ago. I'm level 54. You can and will get plenty of XP doing the quests.

Ken

Only if you have Heavensward.

PS: The Titan fetch quests could definitely use a little stream lining. I'd be reluctant to get rid of it entirely since that's where Brayflox is introduced, buuuut a few less steps in that quest chain would go a long way.

Also that soup quest.

He said he bought Heavensward.

RPGCrazied

The Titan fight blows chunks, thankfully I don't have to do it again. Funny thing I found it easier on my Dragoon than on my Bard. Yes, I have 2 characters(different races)

Alex Savage groups seem kinda silly to me. 'Midcore' statics want to raid 4-5 days a week, 3 hours a day...I'm wondering when did that all of a sudden become midcore?

copperbell mines.

this low level lancer looks....different. time to inspect! level 20something leather armor. dyed with....metallic red dye.

badly brought up. future full of tears.

etae

And you're sure the expansion is registered to your account? How did you buy it?
Registered? Buy it? What are these things you speak of? ;)
Ok it is giving me experience. Albeit a very small 4800. Nothing for any of the side level 50 missions however.

Top Bottom