• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Valor

I'm kind of tempted to level machinist but if Gauss Barrel is just their version of Wanderer's Minuet that I don't think I'm that keen. But I do want to try one of expac jobs so maybe Astro then I can give healing a try.

Gonna do my Angary impression, hold on.

Gauss Barrel is like Wanderer's Minuet but not stupid and actually designed for the class. Machinist has other tools that Minuet doesn't have to make it workable and functional where it feels haphazardly shoved into Bard because who even knows why.

Plus Machinist has turrets.

Pachimari

Can someone please help me out with this issue I'm having.

No matter if I set my display to display 1, 2 or 3 in the game's configuration, it always display on my monitor #1.

Can I do anything to change that?

Redx508

You're a Yamcha. Nobody missed you.

tumblr_mga71sfQex1qk0e3do11_r4_400.gif

WolvenOne

Do we have confirmation that we'll be able to get Tier 5 materia via Spirit Binding come 3.1? Also, I'm finding myself in the strange position of not wanting to convert anything even remotely close to lvl60. >_>;;

PS: Forgot to mention. Taking people in for blind FCOB clears is both hilarious and amazing, as it turns out. XD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Gauss Barrel is like Wanderer's Minuet but not stupid and actually designed for the class. Machinist has other tools that Minuet doesn't have to make it workable and functional where it feels haphazardly shoved into Bard because who even knows why.

Moving and shooting is unfair.

IvorB

Hmmm... I forgot about the turrets. Suppose the best way is just to try and see.

Moonlight

Banned
Just beat Titan and advanced a little further in the story.

Hooooly shit. That was almost worth the mind-numbing bullshit it took to get here.

iammeiam

7/10 but I'll take it. Torch officially passed.

chrono01

There has never even been an official localization of the Fate/stay night VN. Kind of crazy when you realize this.

Fortunately there's also a very large and dedicated fanbase who do things like this:
http://fgo-story.byethost18.com/

I limit myself to one money-grubbing phone game at a time. They tend to be pretty annoying about when you're allowed to play again, the odds on getting good draws are always awful, and the whole thing is basically a money-extraction machine from players. But you know...when I have both Heracles and Gilgamesh on my team beating up dragons, it's all suddenly worth it. :|
Kind of disappointing how there's never been an official localization of the Fate/Stay Night VN, the series is pretty great. But yeah, it doesn't bode well for this game, that's for sure. :/

As for the "money-grubbing" of gatcha games, I make it a point to rarely spend money. Like, very rarely. If I think I'll be with the game for a while, I will purchase a low amount of in-game currency just so I have an Apple transaction number, as that can help you retrieve your account if it's ever lost. Aside from that, I very rarely spend money. It's probably a good thing, considering how many I play.

[But I guess this isn't really FFXIV-related, so I'll stop talking about it.]

Kenai

Just beat Titan and advanced a little further in the story.

Hooooly shit. That was almost worth the mind-numbing bullshit it took to get here.

It never gets worse than the pre titan fetch quests. There's a little bit of crap closer to 50 and then scattered through pre heavensward msq but you're past the rough seas.

BadRNG

Kind of funny how much static shifting or falling apart there is right now due to Savage.
Happens every raid tier, groups blow past first half then some fall apart in the second.

I think SCOB was the worst at this, incredible amount of first coil groups fell apart around there, even early on.

Shy Fingers

Banned
Cleared Alexander Savage 2 tonight. We're a bit behind due to raid member attendance with vacations.

A3S looks like nothing but pain.

Edit: we're doing all of it blind, so we're still trying to figure out water push AoE thingy.

WolvenOne

The problem isn't the number of groups Alexander breaks, it's the number of people that outright give up. It feels like a lot of people are giving up this time around. That wouldn't be bad if there was something a few degree's easier that could take Alexander's place and keep people satisfied, but as of now there isn't.

To be fair, we "are," at the very beginning of a 3.X, we can't really compare it to to the end of 2.X. By the end of 2.X there were enough side projects people could do that even if you did give up on Coil you could have stuff to do for a good while. Right now we're closer to the end of the 2.0 patch, and to be fair that period was a LOT more boring than what we're going through now.

Still...

Cmagus

The problem isn't the number of groups Alexander breaks, it's the number of people that outright give up. It feels like a lot of people are giving up this time around. That wouldn't be bad if there was something a few degree's easier that could take Alexander's place and keep people satisfied, but as of now there isn't.

To be fair, we "are," at the very beginning of a 3.X, we can't really compare it to to the end of 2.X. By the end of 2.X there were enough side projects people could do that even if you did give up on Coil you could have stuff to do for a good while. Right now we're closer to the end of the 2.0 patch, and to be fair that period was a LOT more boring than what we're going through now.

Still...

Thing is though right now it really is no different then the start of 2.0. It's literally at the point again where it's like log in once, maybe twice a week and then wait for the next. Do Alexander and cap eso and that's it for weekly combat. I've taken two jobs to 60 so far and getting them all done isn't gonna happen two was pushing it.

I decided to work on my crafts and almost all the leves require mats from unspoiled nodes and it's like the wait for these nodes is unbearable I just want to craft not waste my time waiting for stuff to refresh. I don't have a lot of gil so buying the stuff isn't an option.It really feels like logging in to not play the game at this point.

I notice this time around so many just not bothering with half the stuff anymore. Many of my friends I talk to seem really disinterested in Alexander Savage and just don't feel like putting in the grind. I almost feel like it's better to take a few months off and come back when there is lots of content, this trickle stuff is a real bore.

WolvenOne

Oh, crafting on a budget is a paaaaain, and waiting for nodes can be even worse. You really have to pick and choose what mats you're willing to gather yourself.

Anyhow, speaking more generally. The one thing I think 2.0 had going for it, is that The Binding Coil of Bahamut was infinitely more approachable than Alexander Savage. True, Alexander story is pathetically easy in comparison, but that's actually a detriment.

In this game, what isn't at least mid-core is a grind, and Alex Normal isn't any different. So Alex Normal ends up as less of a raid experience, and more of a grinding experience. People that want a raid experience have no choice but to go to Alexander Savage, which as I mentioned before is far less approachable than BcoB.

Wazzy

Banned
So, I finally picked up the expansion and I'm working on getting my dragoon caught up. I've finished Ifrit, Garuda, King Mog and Titan Hard mode in the past couple days and started Garuda extreme which wasn't too bad but the people we grouped with had a hard time catching on to the mechanics so a lot of wipes happened.

I also love the shit out of Titans spear. It's so sexy.

Also transferred to a new server to join a free company from some pax people we met but they're almost never online :(

Tabris

So I got 440/450 Eso this week. I hope this doesn't bite me in the ass down the road. I don't think though, since this week I'll be able to get a Hands or Feet piece from A2S tokens, head/body/legs are done from Eso, and I already got 3/4 accessories from A1S and belt from A2S. So that just leaves me using Eso for hands or feet, then start saving for BiS once upgrade items roll down from DPS to me.

Spending on accessories is kinda wasted, as I will definitely be going melded in 3.1 with the i180 pieces, and tempted to go melded now.

Ken

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Sep. 8, 2015)
The following issues have been addressed:
An issue wherein the Monk ability “Purification” could be used before the “Fifth Chakra” effect is removed by “The Forbidden Chakra”.
An issue wherein the NPC “Collectable Appraiser” in Rowena’s House of Splendors could cause the client to crash under certain conditions.
An issue wherein the following trophies could not be obtained under certain conditions: (PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4 Versions)
Dabbler in Carpentry / Dabbler in Smithing / Dabbler in Armorcraft / Dabbler in Goldsmithing
Dabbler in Tanning / Dabbler in Clothcraft / Dabbler in Alchemy / Dabbler in Cooking
One with Wood / One with Steel / One with Mail / One with Gold
One with Leather / One with Wool / One with Ether / One with Food
*After the fix, If the player has met the requirements for obtaining the trophy, they will obtain the trophy when executing a craft.
An issue wherein the following headgear would not display properly when worn by female Au Ra characters:
Ash Mask / Ash Mask (Lapis Lazuli) / Aetherial Ash Mask / Aetherial Ash Mask (Lapis Lazuli) / Monoa Mask / Demagogue Mask / Shikaree's Mask / Storm Sergeant's Mask / Flame Sergeant's Mask / Serpent Sergeant's Mask / Hallowed Chestnut Mask of Aiming / Hallowed Chestnut Mask of Healing / Dated Lauan Halfmask / Dated Yew Halfmask / Dated Oak Halfmask / Dated Willow Halfmask / Dated Walnut Mask
An issue wherein the color in the icon for the “Summer Morning Tanga” was incorrect.
An issue wherein the descriptions for the following Astrologian spell and cards were incorrect:
Synastry / The Balance / The Bole / The Spear / The Ewer / The Arrow / The Spire

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...es-(Aug.-11)?p=3306451&viewfull=1#post3306451

Wilsongt

FINAL FANTASY XIV Hotfixes (Sep. 8, 2015)
The following issues have been addressed:
An issue wherein the Monk ability “Purification” could be used before the “Fifth Chakra” effect is removed by “The Forbidden Chakra”.
An issue wherein the NPC “Collectable Appraiser” in Rowena’s House of Splendors could cause the client to crash under certain conditions.
An issue wherein the following trophies could not be obtained under certain conditions: (PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4 Versions)
Dabbler in Carpentry / Dabbler in Smithing / Dabbler in Armorcraft / Dabbler in Goldsmithing
Dabbler in Tanning / Dabbler in Clothcraft / Dabbler in Alchemy / Dabbler in Cooking
One with Wood / One with Steel / One with Mail / One with Gold
One with Leather / One with Wool / One with Ether / One with Food
*After the fix, If the player has met the requirements for obtaining the trophy, they will obtain the trophy when executing a craft.
An issue wherein the following headgear would not display properly when worn by female Au Ra characters:
Ash Mask / Ash Mask (Lapis Lazuli) / Aetherial Ash Mask / Aetherial Ash Mask (Lapis Lazuli) / Monoa Mask / Demagogue Mask / Shikaree's Mask / Storm Sergeant's Mask / Flame Sergeant's Mask / Serpent Sergeant's Mask / Hallowed Chestnut Mask of Aiming / Hallowed Chestnut Mask of Healing / Dated Lauan Halfmask / Dated Yew Halfmask / Dated Oak Halfmask / Dated Willow Halfmask / Dated Walnut Mask
An issue wherein the color in the icon for the “Summer Morning Tanga” was incorrect.
An issue wherein the descriptions for the following Astrologian spell and cards were incorrect:
Synastry / The Balance / The Bole / The Spear / The Ewer / The Arrow / The Spire

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...es-(Aug.-11)?p=3306451&viewfull=1#post3306451

Gotta make sure items are displayed properly on everyone's Psoriasis Waifus.

UrSuLeTzU

Also I have some bad news for one, Guy Incognito.. I feed his chocobro(that's was it's name) but he failed the jump and the Goobbue ate him. RIP Chocobro and Kagari :C

I have been out of the game for a bit but i am thinking about getting back into it. Does the GAF FC still have plenty of active members? Just trying to figure out what server to be on

Pachimari

I'm pretty sure there's still lots of GAF members on Ultros. I'm on that server anyway, and is also trying to get back into things. I'm taking it slowly though, and am really enjoying it.

IvorB

I have been out of the game for a bit but i am thinking about getting back into it. Does the GAF FC still have plenty of active members? Just trying to figure out what server to be on

Only Kirito if that screenshot is to be believed. Even Kagari has left...

There's lot's of people still.

Top Bottom