• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yuck only iTunes release so far and the music selection is too limiting so I guess I'm waiting until they release the full Heavensward OST.

My sub runs out today or tomorrow and what am I thinking of doing? Finally making the jump to Destiny and buying the Taken King Legendary edition.

Trading one grind for another. This in addition to playing SAO: RE: Hallow Fragment an 'offline MMO'

There's something wrong with me. Oh well wake me up when 3.1 gets here.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The hairstyle that was chosen for males looks like it will go great with Roe

EbELBLz.jpg

AwShucks

Well, bought. My one day today of my free trial won't be enough to determine if I like it by the time the sale ends tomorrow on PSN, so I figured I should easily get $10 of enjoyment out of it between my free trial and the first free month.

Do you connect with people by character name or Square ID? My character's name is "Needles Kane". A Lalafell Thaumaturge (it was that or Archer since I want Black Mage). I also want to change my character appearance already :) . So I guess if/when I end up paying for a month I can do that.

Well, bought. My one day today of my free trial won't be enough to determine if I like it by the time the sale ends tomorrow on PSN, so I figured I should easily get $10 of enjoyment out of it between my free trial and the first free month.

Do you connect with people by character name or Square ID? My character's name is "Needles Kane". A Lalafell Thaumaturge (it was that or Archer since I want Black Mage). I also want to change my character appearance already :) . So I guess if/when I end up paying for a month I can do that.

Are you talking about friending people/sending tells? That's by character name, restricted to characters on your server.

WolvenOne

Suffice to say, darn, my style of choice didn't win. Granted the winners aren't horrible, just, the male winner is kinda, "pretty boy," for my taste. <_<;;

Never mind the competition, they need to give female Au Ra the mid-length style with hair clips that Elezen and Roegadyn get. Make it happen, Square. I require this.

WolvenOne

BTW: How likely do you think it is that they'll implement a Red Scrip catch-up mechanic in 3.1? Between needing to get the classes to 60, and not really having the inventory space to keep around the mats for a half dozen different recipes, I haven't really started on the Crafted Red Scrips grind. <_<;;

Actually ditto on the blue scrips, need to start that this week so I can get the books.

Sifl

It's pretty weird seeing a bunch of pf listings for coil when there's hardly any for the lvl 60 content. Is there a reason to still do it, or is it just for fun?
Edit: Realized they are for Savage Coil, not normal.

Squishy3

It's pretty weird seeing a bunch of pf listings for coil when there's hardly any for the lvl 60 content. Is there a reason to still do it, or is it just for fun?
Edit: Realized they are for Savage Coil, not normal.
There's still usually PF listings for the normal turns during primetime I've seen

WolvenOne

It's every bishounen anime hair ever.

No thanks.

Six songs were released on iTunes from HW, of which one was the research plant and the other was Dragonsong.

Based Soken,

Alas, I cannot do iTunes. I lost my login info years ago. <_<;;

I suppose I could try digging it up, but I think I might want to wait for the full soundtrack.

WolvenOne

So, been thinking about little things the developers could do to decrease player burnout.

1: Heavensward Trial Roulette.

Basically, break up post expansion and pre expansion trials into separate roulettes, and increase the Esoteric Bonus for both. Giving some esoterics without a bonus would be a good idea too. Also this means people don't have to go through Hildibrand to at least unlock one version of Trial Roulette.

2: Increase HLDR Esoterics Bonus.

Basically, give people more options for farming Esoterics so they don't have to spam EXDR if they're burnt out. This isn't a silver bullet mind you, but complaints about running Neverreap and Fractal over and over and over are two of the most common complaints I'm seeing right now. Giving people more options for avoiding these should help. Also it makes the old dungeons and trials somewhat relevant to the end-game, so that's a bonus.

tearsofash

I can't keep my subscription active anymore. I'm broke, and I can't figure out a way to pay with Google Wallet. It was a good run, you guys. Thanks for keeping me entertained all summer.

I should try PVP or something. Dungeon runs are so unfun.

Tanks that can't get AoE hate, DRGs doing 600 DPS with similar ilvl to me. I'm constantly at over 50% DPS contribution every pull and boss.

Don't even get me started on the garbage, lazy, shitty healers who stand afk with a full mana pool when they have no healing to do instead of DPSing.

EXDRs are just shitty right now. Fractal shouldn't be taking almost 30 mins

I can't keep my subscription active anymore. I'm broke, and I can't figure out a way to pay with Google Wallet. It was a good run, you guys. Thanks for keeping me entertained all summer.

what's your name in-game?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I should try PVP or something. Dungeon runs are so unfun.

Tanks that can't get AoE hate, DRGs doing 600 DPS with similar ilvl to me. I'm constantly at over 50% DPS contribution every pull and boss.

Don't even get me started on the garbage, lazy, shitty healers who stand afk with a full mana pool when they have no healing to do instead of DPSing.

EXDRs are just shitty right now. Fractal shouldn't be taking almost 30 mins

what's your name in-game?

Why you gotta point out the DRG's man.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Couldn't you just walk into a GameStop and buy time card using your Google Wallet?

Unless GameStop doesn't sell them than your out of luck.

Xion_Stellar

You used to be able to get a Google Wallet card for free. Works like a debit/credit card for buying things. Should work like any other visa.
Even than can't you just "tap" the phone to pay with the app?

tearsofash

Couldn't you just walk into a GameStop and buy time card using your Google Wallet?

Unless GameStop doesn't sell them than your out of luck.

I didn't know GameStop accepted google wallet. That's good to know! Though, honestly, I really shouldn't be spending what little I have left on a video game subscription. I'll spare you all the details, but I got really really sick. I am not allowed to work, and I can't drive, and I don't have a whole lot of avenues to interact with other people while waiting for government assistance.

Just saying don't tempt me! Let me keep thinking I can't spend it :O

WolvenOne

Seize Mode is a good asset for the game right now, I agree with that. Not everyone likes to PVP however. Speaking for myself, until I'm ready to put more dedication into PVP I don't want to use it too much, I don't like doing anything half heartedly.

Anyhow, still doesn't hurt to give people more viable paths toward capping Esoterics than EXDR and PVP. People are complaining that end game isn't varied enough, this would help with that.

But ya know, whatevs.

Sifl

Lol I queued for Neverreap even though I said I wasn't gonna grind any Eso's this week. Said less then 5 mins, took 25 cause I'm dps. Got in to a party in progress, then got instant kicked. I'm just gonna put the game down for a few weeks.

Moonlight

Banned

Wagram

My sub runs out today or tomorrow and what am I thinking of doing? Finally making the jump to Destiny and buying the Taken King Legendary edition.

Trading one grind for another. This in addition to playing SAO: RE: Hallow Fragment an 'offline MMO'

There's something wrong with me. Oh well wake me up when 3.1 gets here.

Let my sub run out for the very first time since they started charging in 1.0 the other day. Here's hoping they do a massive content revamp for the next expansion as i'm extremely tired of this archaic formula.

aceface

Let my sub run out for the very first time since they started charging in 1.0 the other day. Here's hoping they do a massive content revamp for the next expansion as i'm extremely tired of this archaic formula.

I'm seeing more longtime players quit than anytime since the release of 2.0. I hope this has them seriously rethinking the endgame raid structure they set up.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kind of running dry on patience whether it's in queues or party finder which sucks cause I'd love to glamour or mount farm or just finally clear Ravana Ex.

docbon

I think it's a shame this one didn't win, I think they should try to implement more FF series hair into the game regardless of gender.

I didn't particularly like this one because I felt it relied too much on nostalgia, while some of the others were better quality, more creative ideas. If they want to add some hairstyles reminiscent of their earlier works, that's cool, but when they solicit work from an outside perspective, I'd prefer to see some fresh designs that can still fit the game.

Kind of annoyed we just got more wavy / straight hair in the end though. Game needs some wild looking hairstyles asap.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I didn't particularly like this one because I felt it relied too much on nostalgia, while some of the others were better quality, more creative ideas. If they want to add some hairstyles reminiscent of their earlier works, that's cool, but when they solicit work from an outside perspective, I'd prefer to see some fresh designs that can still fit the game.

Kind of annoyed we just got more wavy / straight hair in the end though. Game needs some wild looking hairstyles asap.
Definitely agree with your assessment of the situation. Fans of the game shouldn't necessarily be chasing nostalgia though it seemed like a no brainer after the inclusion of the minion. It would be nice to see the developers celebrate the brand in that way.

I'd also love to just see more hair and other customization options period. Say double up what they have. I feel like the majority of the hairstyles go untouched across the board cause they're either crappy variations or clip through everything.

im all for hair accessories. I'll be disappointed if none are included w/ this one

Top Bottom