• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

aceface

I asked in the guild about getting a certain dye. I was told to get a retainer, which I can't believe I haven't done yet, at level 45. lol So, I finally get one, but its level one. Ack. Just what level ventures do Jet Black dye come from?

Quick exploration ventures at max level. You have to have a certain ilevel of gear on the retainer to get them though. Not sure what that is. I wish they would just let us sell those dyes already.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I asked in the guild about getting a certain dye. I was told to get a retainer, which I can't believe I haven't done yet, at level 45. lol So, I finally get one, but its level one. Ack. Just what level ventures do Jet Black dye come from?

Alternatively if you give someone a recommendation code to join the game and after they use the code they stick around long enough to subscribe to the game than you will get some Gold Chocobo Feathers than can be used to trade for Jet Black Dye but other than that a Lv.50+ Retainer may RANDOMLY bring you some after a venture.

Moonlight

Banned
I'm kinda sick of how much the main scenario tells you to do a bunch of shit and then proceeds to tell you that literally none of what you did was relevant to anything you did and you made literally no progress.

Like, talk about a kick in the pants.

Shamdeo

I'm kinda sick of how much the main scenario tells you to do a bunch of shit and then proceeds to tell you that literally none of what you did was relevant to anything you did and you made literally no progress.

Like, talk about a kick in the pants.

much like real life

Omni

Do you have to get on Bismarck's back when damaging him on extreme? In the runs I've been on, I've followed everyone else on there of course. But since I'm a white mage... couldn't I just, yanno. Stay on the island?

aceface

Do you have to get on Bismarck's back when damaging him on extreme? In the runs I've been on, I've followed everyone else on there of course. But since I'm a white mage... couldn't I just, yanno. Stay on the island?

Yes you have to be on his back to damage him. Yes as WHM you can stay on the island and just heal people, or if you're feeling daring you can jump on and do some dps.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yes you have to be on his back to damage him. Yes as WHM you can stay on the island and just heal people, or if you're feeling daring you can jump on and do some dps.

Precast Medica II
Throw Asylum
Healing is done, now go and dps.

BadRNG

Soooo last night (this morning actually) we had some jolly cooperation on help night to do Ravana Ex and managed to get the kill after a few tries. I made a vid of the tense final few minutes. Usual disclaimers apply if you watch: don't judge scrappy play too hard due to being in a near constant state of blind panic. Thanks Tomo for organising. :)
I thought everyone would be exaggerating with the camera stuff but holy crap! I don't know how you do it.

I mean sometimes I wish I could zoom out even farther than they allow. That's main reason I prefer main tanking, can see entire battlefield at once. Unless enemy is a giant tower like Bahamut I guess.

IvorB

Man, that run showed how much you can mess up and still win thanks to gear. The key is just getting enough people alive through Swift Liberation and Final Liberation, if you can do that it's tough to lose.

Well I'm just glad it's done.

Zoom the hell out then. How can you see anything when you're that close?

Grats. How do you play with the camera so damn zoomed in? @_@

I thought everyone would be exaggerating with the camera stuff but holy crap! I don't know how you do it.

I mean sometimes I wish I could zoom out even farther than they allow. That's main reason I prefer main tanking, can see entire battlefield at once. Unless enemy is a giant tower like Bahamut I guess.

He he . Everybody is scandalised by my camera set up. It's not that weird honestly. It's just like any other third person game. I've seen videos where people have it zoomed all the way out and I could never play like that. I want to actually see the action and the detail of what's going on. That top down view just doesn't work for me. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Actually as it happens I did try to zoom out just a touch for that fight but it caused issues with the camera getting blocked by the hive walls so I just went with that.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just hit 60 last night so for the first time I don't have a string of quests leading me. The leveling experience was really well done.

I did the two 60 dungeons. I am guessing at this point I want to do those for gear, and law tomes? I bought the 170 bow this morning.

What ilvl is extreme Bismark? Do you need a premade to do that? It is locked in duty finder for me.

Is the new 24 man raid coming soon more casual oriented? I wouldn't mind dabbling in raiding, but I don't want to do the whole scheduling nights ahead of time to do it thing.

Valor

He he . Everybody is scandalised by my camera set up. It's not that weird honestly. It's just like any other third person game. I've seen videos where people have it zoomed all the way out and I could never play like that. I want to actually see the action and the detail of what's going on. That top down view just doesn't work for me. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Actually as it happens I did try to zoom out just a touch for that fight but it caused issues with the camera getting blocked by the hive walls so I just went with that.
Oh man, I like need to see the whole battlefield and the aoe circles and where everyone is positioned. Like the stuff your character is doing is so much less important than everything else going on. However, if it works for you then that's all that matters.

I did the two 60 dungeons. I am guessing at this point I want to do those for gear, and law tomes? I bought the 170 bow this morning.

What ilvl is extreme Bismark? Do you need a premade to do that? It is locked in duty finder for me.

Is the new 24 man raid coming soon more casual oriented? I wouldn't mind dabbling in raiding, but I don't want to do the whole scheduling nights ahead of time to do it thing.
1. Yep, pretty much. You get law mostly for running those dungeons.
2. There's no ilevel yet and yes you need a premade to do it right now. It has not been added to Duty Finder yet (but probably will when 3.1 drops, whenever that is)
3. the 24 man raids have been more casual oriented in the past yes. It's basically just a larger dungeon, you can get it done in a sitting, maybe 30-45 minutes or so once everyone knows the fights.

IvorB

Oh man, I like need to see the whole battlefield and the aoe circles and where everyone is positioned. Like the stuff your character is doing is so much less important than everything else going on. However, if it works for you then that's all that matters.

It works out fine. Sometimes if there are specific points I need to go to at certain times I just have to keep mental track of them during the fight to make sure I'm oriented correctly for when it happens.

Omni

Aurum Vale needs to just die or something. It's ugly and unfun and stupid.

It's even worse when dps aren't eating fruits when they're supposed to and I'm forced to try and keep them alive by burning through a million Cure IIs. Though I did screw up myself on the second boss... got hit by his huge swing while cleansing a dps that was stunned. Wasn't paying attention and suddenly eh. It was all downhill from there. I don't even blame our first tank for just leaving the moment the dungeon started

also no idea why but our replacement tank was pulling mobs of enemies into the boss arenas. That didn't help things at all

Aselith

Everyone should be hitting him on extreme especially since he doesn't do damage at that point

Ochibi

You might remember a t-shirt worn by Yoshida :

CMKW10yWoAATjPs.png

Here comes a new one (and my favourite) :

1441747133-ysayle-apercu-10-fx.jpg

Aurum Vale needs to just die or something. It's ugly and unfun and stupid.

It's even worse when dps aren't eating fruits when they're supposed to and I'm forced to try and keep them alive by burning through a million Cure IIs. Though I did screw up myself on the second boss... got hit by his huge swing while cleansing a dps that was stunned. Wasn't paying attention and suddenly eh. It was all downhill from there. I don't even blame our first tank for just leaving the moment the dungeon started

also no idea why but our replacement tank was pulling mobs of enemies into the boss arenas. That didn't help things at all

nah man. i had the best AV run with a lvl 60 pala spamming halone to the end. you haven't lived yet.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like

Meh it's not the same thing
and that person just barely even begun to repent for their actions that caused alot of deaths when the barrier was knocked down so I felt no emotion when I saw her get shot down since she deserved that and more.

Ochibi

Meh it's not the same thing
and that person just barely even begun to repent for their actions that caused alot of deaths when the barrier was knocked down so I felt no emotion when I saw her get shot down since she deserved that and more.

The more the story continued, the more I liked her. Of course,
she caused a lot of deaths, but then she understood and tried to do her best without deaths. She really wanted to bring peace, in a different manner...

She became one of my favourite char in Heavensward.

Squishy3

Got Ravana in trial roulette yesterday, we wipe first time at like 40%. Go again, the other healer gets knocked off after he does bloody fuller, AST proceeds to solo heal it with a MT that refuses to dodge the second and third hits of Tapastya (I told him he can walk out of them after we wiped the first time and he still won't dodge them) and runs out of MP near the end of the fight but the MT still doesn't die with minimal healing until they got their MP back (there was no bard)

AST OP pls nerf

and today I wondered how the hell my weekly eso ended up at 376/450 and then remembered i got singularity reactor in trial roulette today

AwShucks

Man, when's the last time anyone managed to make a new character on Ultros? I can't exactly wake up at 4am or some nonsense. But I want to gaf people around as it'd be the only people I "know" on there.

Edit: Well tried before going to bed and success!

Sciel

Recently let(reluctantly!) my sub lapse.

The game just can't hold my interest anymore :(. I log in and.....look pretty and idle 95% of the time at Idleshire. I think its mainly the following:

-Gave it a shot with a new raid group but Savage doesn't interest me the slightest. Raided quite frequently back in 2.x with clears pre-echo and all but i can't seem to bother with Savage. It all seems....so horribly stale. Going from that epic-ness to...a bunch of goblins is pretty eh.. (Don't mention Normal Alex either).

-The other content they have in the game has never interested me much. Crafting is pain to get into and is a huge gil-sink. Never liked the PvP in this game either.

-I don't foresee anything changing in the "formula". Even in 3.1, the game is getting Void Ark (CT 3.0 lol), 2 new dungeons (like every patch), New relic (complete grind-fest). Its pretty much going in the same way 2.x was in terms of content updates.

Overall I did enjoy Heavensward immensely for the amazing MSQ. Have been let-down by everything else though.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Omni

Holy shit. Today was just the worst with other players.

Four groups - all with different people - in the span of maybe... an hour, quit from Alex 1 (normal) because it was too hard for them. In one I had to res some bard 4 times before he just gave up and quit. Almost every dps I ran into was getting rekt by the AoEs. Healing was frantic.

And then I tried Bismarck extreme again. Figured that since I wouldn't be using the df it would be a little smoother... Ha! No one was dodging a damn thing and then they start calling out the other healer and I when we were constantly at it trying to keep up with their idiocy. When I'm forced to constantly spam medicas and cure IIs, burning most of my MP before phase 2, you're doing something incredibly wrong. Really put me in a foul mood. They couldn't even kill the adds before boarding the first time and the island was below 50% at that point. Yet they start abusing us...

Not gonna get that clear any time soon.

Qvoth

at 1st i thought the runners up will get to be in the game, turns out only the winners
oh well that new female hairstyle looks pretty good anyways

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
at 1st i thought the runners up will get to be in the game, turns out only the winners

Oh god even worse. So we have 'basically one of the two female hair options except men can get it which is like a new hairstyle if you think about it' and 'will clip through literally everything and basically adding a flower to the side ponytail that already exists'.

IvorB

Yeah the male one is pretty bad and I don't think it will translate well into the game. Was hoping this one would be included:

6d2de31c80636c7fc1e5dfff810d367d31c4dda9_4.jpg

Squishy3

Holy shit. Today was just the worst with other players.

Four groups - all with different people - in the span of maybe... an hour, quit from Alex 1 (normal) because it was too hard for them. In one I had to res some bard 4 times before he just gave up and quit. Almost every dps I ran into was getting rekt by the AoEs. Healing was frantic.

And then I tried Bismarck extreme again. Figured that since I wouldn't be using the df it would be a little smoother... Ha! No one was dodging a damn thing and then they start calling out the other healer and I when we were constantly at it trying to keep up with their idiocy. When I'm forced to constantly spam medicas and cure IIs, burning most of my MP before phase 2, you're doing something incredibly wrong. Really put me in a foul mood. They couldn't even kill the adds before boarding the first time and the island was below 50% at that point. Yet they start abusing us...

Not gonna get that clear any time soon.
Might wanna try on help night this Friday

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Aww yiss I got all of my adamantite main hands and off hands for all my crafters and gatherers. I also got all my Mastercraft III books.

Now to give this up or get red scripts?

How long does it take to get/max red scripts?

Top Bottom