• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Xux

Yeah, screenshots!
CPFvphAUsAEqnY9.jpg

This 51 dungeon armor's pretty cool! Also, orange cat-bear raccoon buddy!
CPFvpywVEAEJFP9.jpg

All three Red Dot Roegadyns (that I know of) in one spot! How rare!
CPFvqQtUYAAmZgp.jpg

Lalafellin chocobo sure are small!
CPFvq3SUAAAfZJQ.jpg

Wow, these are low res. Gonna have to do that work around next time.

Some people from Gametrailers are in the Ultros guild. Pretty good review they should keep going back to the game as new updates come out.

Only one person from GT is in GAF, they haven't been on in awhile either I think. Don't know if they'll come back to do updates like they did before for ARR.

The two things I despise the most about this game:

1. Characters' feet and legs not adjusting to inclines and depressions in the ground. Running up and down stairs looks godawful.
2. Characters break into a full run and then stop on a dime like momentum doesn't exist.

These are problems Ocarina of time solved like 20 years ago..

Allard

1. Characters' feet and legs not adjusting to inclines and depressions in the ground. Running up and down stairs looks godawful.
2. Characters break into a full run and then stop on a dime like momentum doesn't exist.

They had these (the second one at least) in 1.0 but due to how the game handles animation pipelines it caused a noticeable lag in controlling the character which caused players to not be nearly as fast as they needed to be to avoid AOE or properly position themselves for positionals. You didnt just have this animation issue for stopping, but also starting, it took a perceptible half second to get to max run speed. They removed that in favor of more streamlined gameplay movement. Your character used to lean left/right when moving around too.

Pachimari

What are we expecting from the live letter?
I'm kind of out of the loop. I always am, don't know how to keep myself updated and informed.

Ken

What are we expecting from the live letter?
I'm kind of out of the loop. I always am, don't know how to keep myself updated and informed.

Void Ark 24-man
New relic
Airship exploration

I think that's it?

Two new dungeons but that's not really worth LL time.

Pachimari

Void Ark 24-man
New relic
Airship exploration

I think that's it?

I don't even know what the 2 first things you mention are. I really love this game, but at the same time I hate myself for not progressing as fast as everybody else, and for not understanding elements of the world.

They had these (the second one at least) in 1.0 but due to how the game handles animation pipelines it caused a noticeable lag in controlling the character which caused players to not be nearly as fast as they needed to be to avoid AOE or properly position themselves for positionals. You didnt just have this animation issue for stopping, but also starting, it took a perceptible half second to get to max run speed. They removed that in favor of more streamlined gameplay movement. Your character used to lean left/right when moving around too.

Yea I wonder if a realistic start/stop animation is doable in an MMO like this. Movement pretty much has to be instant and consistent when most of the threatening attacks are all about moving out of bad before bad happens. So you would need to rig an animation that looked as if they were starting out running but the model would have to move at a constant rate.

These games also have this problem with characters of different proportions. Since every character of any body-type has to move at the exact same speed, a tall Roegadyn looks like they are running in slight slow motion, whereas a Lala looks like they're sprinting at Olympic speeds all the time. It's why I prefer shorter characters (Although Lalas are an abomination) because the movement just feels quicker.

Pachimari

When playing Final Fantasy XIV, I honestly don't feel like I am part of an "online society" but rather just on my own completing quests. I assume this is because I am still an under lvl. 15 archer, and that cooperation becomes a bigger part of the game later on?

Frumix

Suffering From Success

I don't think there's even many or... any stairs in this game that don't have collision model of a simple slope.

When playing Final Fantasy XIV, I honestly don't feel like I am part of an "online society" but rather just on my own completing quests. I assume this is because I am still an under lvl. 15 archer, and that cooperation becomes a bigger part of the game later on?

Was trying to find the scene from the end of An American Tail where they fly around New York and Fievel looks at the horizon and asks the bird what's over there, and the bird says "that's the rest of America" and that they'll see it "some day".

Edit: Instead, once you get further into the game (especially when you do raids)...it's time for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kl4hJ4j48s

AwShucks

Actually, this is exactly why I decide to play the game, because everything I read said you basically solo the main story and the party stuff is something you do outside of the main story when you decide you want to (other than the few forced dungeons).

I'm close to you as I'm a level 11 thaumaturge. Enjoying it so far myself, and am looking forward to the real story starting (versus the starting city stuff).

Pachimari

Actually, this is exactly why I decide to play the game, because everything I read said you basically solo the main story and the party stuff is something you do outside of the main story when you decide you want to (other than the few forced dungeons).

I'm close to you as I'm a level 11 thaumaturge. Enjoying it so far myself, and am looking forward to the real story starting (versus the starting city stuff).
I'm enjoying it very much as well.
Maybe you can add me as a friend in the game? Are you on Ultros?

Wilsongt

Yeah, screenshots!
CPFvphAUsAEqnY9.jpg

This 51 dungeon armor's pretty cool! Also, orange cat-bear raccoon buddy!
CPFvpywVEAEJFP9.jpg

All three Red Dot Roegadyns (that I know of) in one spot! How rare!
CPFvqQtUYAAmZgp.jpg

Lalafellin chocobo sure are small!
CPFvq3SUAAAfZJQ.jpg

Wow, these are low res. Gonna have to do that work around next time.

o hi PD! :D

Allard

Part of the reason is you are just now getting to the story part where dungeons become a major component to your experience, the first one opens up at lvl 15 but you still need to get to that point in the story. Furthermore because a lot of people have already finished a lot of their jobs early leveling experience and you no longer have a bunch of people farming atma/alexandrite for relic weapon, you don't have the experience of seeing a bunch of people in the field participating in Fates, you will see a bunch of these fate lvling parties starting earliest lvl 20 but the main ones like the one in Eastern La Noscea start at lvl 30, and these parties usually only congregate in specific location for certain level ranges.

Squishy3

i should be finishing metal gear, instead i'm helping people in my FC clear t9 and we're still explaining to the people who haven't done it yet

K.Sabot

This marks a month since I've last played.

The wait from 3.0 to 3.1 feels waaaaaaaaay longer than 2.0 to 2.1, even if they amount to the same amount of time.

I just couldn't handle any more Neverreap, my esoteric set be damned. Wish they had used Aetherochemical Research Facility in the duty roulette even if it takes way longer than the other options, just for some god damned variety.

IvorB

Found a video of Riou's exploits during his expensive eating rituals:
https://youtu.be/l1MHDr5uu0k

"Use whichever fork you want?" That's terrible advice...

Who doesn't take pictures of their food when doing a 4hr set menu? :O

Old people. That's the answer.

Well I wasn't going to mention it but I don't think taking pics of one's food is quite the done thing. But I guess you've paid for it so you can do as you like.

Nope, I can't access my account. I tried to reset passwords with all the e-mails I use and I always get "there is no account registered on this e-mail adress". Fuck that shit.

I managed to reset one password on my PS4, let's say Email adress A.
So I tried to login with this E-Mail-adress but that didn't work. I did that here http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=67426&id=614&la=4
Says there is no account registered for this email adress, but I cleary resetted the password on the PS4.

The Problem is, I don't know what the hell my ID is or what my characters name was. I kinda have the feeling they deleted my account for whatever reason... Can anyone help?

Edit: Fucking finally. Found out my ID, Password resetting still not working. What a weird system.

dramatis

Nope, I can't access my account. I tried to reset passwords with all the e-mails I use and I always get "there is no account registered on this e-mail adress". Fuck that shit.

I managed to reset one password on my PS4, let's say Email adress A.
So I tried to login with this E-Mail-adress but that didn't work. I did that here http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=67426&id=614&la=4
Says there is no account registered for this email adress, but I cleary resetted the password on the PS4.

The Problem is, I don't know what the hell my ID is or what my characters name was. I kinda have the feeling they deleted my account for whatever reason... Can anyone help?

Edit: Fucking finally. Found out my ID, Password resetting still not working. What a weird system.
Why would they delete your account? Also, are you trying to change your SE account password on a PS4? Why? Use a PC and the website to manage that.

IMBored

So, EU servers will happen.

Lodestone

People that have characters on chaos datacenter will have sub days added, because of the maintenance. They can also move the characters from the chaos datacenter to other datacenters free for a week.

But people not on EU datacenters can't move to Chaos free, dumb.

yaffi

So, EU servers will happen.

Lodestone

People that have characters on chaos datacenter will have sub days added, because of the maintenance. They can also move the characters from the chaos datacenter to other datacenters free for a week.

But people not on EU datacenters can't move to Chaos free, dumb.

Does that mean, if I create a character on the Chaos datacenter just before the maintenance I get 3-5 days playtime for free?

I'm already on Shiva.

edit: Scratch that. There's a deadline.

Top Bottom