• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

So, EU servers will happen.

Lodestone

People that have characters on chaos datacenter will have sub days added, because of the maintenance. They can also move the characters from the chaos datacenter to other datacenters free for a week.

But people not on EU datacenters can't move to Chaos free, dumb.

I knew that level 1 character I had on Odin would be good for something one day!

PS: There's a poll up about the next European fan fest location (UK): https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3lf49k/eu_players_help_us_decide_on_the_next_eu_fan/

You get a first choice (UK), second choice (Germany) and third choice (France).

Garlador

This just happened(purple text), it was a Lalafell. lol

JBqfdwI.png

Female Roegadyns for life!

I'm still rather happy with mine. Will share pics soon.

Pachimari

I'm currently playing the game on PS4 (even though my PC runs it better), but why can't I register a free destination at an Aetheryte? It says I need a security token, what's that?

I also wonder, how can I resize the chat log on PS4? I can't do it in HUD settings, but I did drag it with a mouse cursor, I just don't know how.

And how can I see, where my quest is at? I have been running around for half an hour trying to find my current quest. When I click the quest, the map won't open.

dramatis

I'm currently playing the game on PS4 (even though my PC runs it better), but why can't I register a free destination at an Aetheryte? It says I need a security token, what's that?

I also wonder, how can I resize the chat log on PS4? I can't do it in HUD settings, but I did drag it with a mouse cursor, I just don't know how.

And how can I see, where my quest is at? I have been running around for half an hour trying to find my current quest. When I click the quest, the map won't open.
Free destination teleport is applicable if you use the One Time Password. It's a reward for keeping your own account secure.

Chat log on PS3/4 can only be resized with cursor.

Don't know about your quest, but if you click on the title of the quest, it will open the quest log, if you click on the blue line of objective description, it will open the map.

TalonJH

Took a vacation leaving the FC in the hands of the other founders and came back to find it basically dead. I kind of want to switch servers but it's hard to leave what I out so much work into (Big house on the hill in The Mist and rank 8 FC).

Should I just try to recruit and build the FC back to where it was or cut my loses and move to a new server?

AwShucks

Newbie question....how long should the starting city take? Since I've been hearing 30-40 hours for the 2.0 MSQ I feel like the fact I'm falling behind already as I'm about 5-6 hours in and only half through my starting city quests.

Pachimari

Free destination teleport is applicable if you use the One Time Password. It's a reward for keeping your own account secure.

Chat log on PS3/4 can only be resized with cursor.

Don't know about your quest, but if you click on the title of the quest, it will open the quest log, if you click on the blue line of objective description, it will open the map.

Is it the security token that came with my Collector's Edition I'm supposed to use?

And how do I resize it with the cursor? If I click with x, the cursor does nothing when I try to resize.

I do click on the objective description but it says that the map can't be opened at the current time.

Newbie question....how long should the starting city take? Since I've been hearing 30-40 hours for the 2.0 MSQ I feel like the fact I'm falling behind already as I'm about 5-6 hours in and only half through my starting city quests.

You wanna add me as a friend? I'm also just at the start. I'm on Ultros.

Valor

It really depends on how many sidequests you do, I think. The MSQ alone are rather short(yet verbose and lots of running around) and the sidequests will keep you in areas for quite a while.

If you're looking to just get the stuff over with, just keep your level current if not slightly above the MSQ recommended levels, since there are a handful of gaps in the mid-forties that may come back to bite if you.

Dont be concerned. There is alot of reading involved, and lets be honest, most people skip it so times vary wildly. Dont bother with sidequests, since he MSQ and the dunegons that start at 15 should keep you high enough for most of the stuff until the late 30s

AwShucks

It really depends on how many sidequests you do, I think. The MSQ alone are rather short(yet verbose and lots of running around) and the sidequests will keep you in areas for quite a while.

If you're looking to just get the stuff over with, just keep your level current if not slightly above the MSQ recommended levels, since there are a handful of gaps in the mid-forties that may come back to bite if you.

I have been picking up basically any side quest I run across, but I might start cutting it down to just the feature unlocking ones as long as, like you said, my level is at least up with the MSQ.

I have been picking up basically any side quest I run across, but I might start cutting it down to just the feature unlocking ones as long as, like you said, my level is at least up with the MSQ.

Yeah, follow that handy ff14 wiki guide to tackle only the ones that hide stuff behind them when you reach the appropriate level. OCD clearing of an area will drive you mad eventually, especially when you have so much stuff to get through already.

AwShucks

Yeah, follow that handy ff14 wiki guide to tackle only the ones that hide stuff behind them when you reach the appropriate level. OCD clearing of an area will drive you mad eventually, especially when you have so much stuff to get through already.

Yeah if you're talking about the Reddit one, I have it saved :) I'll just keep plowing through the MSQ. I'm two levels above the current MSQ quest I'm on, so it seems I'm on track there.

Sorian

Banned
Took a vacation leaving the FC in the hands of the other founders and came back to find it basically dead. I kind of want to switch servers but it's hard to leave what I out so much work into (Big house on the hill in The Mist and rank 8 FC).

Should I just try to recruit and build the FC back to where it was or cut my loses and move to a new server?

Really, the final decision is up to you but a large house and rank 8 FC is worth a good chunk of change. If you are going to cut your loses anyway, might as well try to sell the fc to someone else. Might get a tidy sum from it all. (If its yours to sell, not sure how much ownership is yours or if these other founders are in the picture anymore).

Baleoce

Perhaps the issues your FC is having right now is less to do with the FC itself, and more to do with patch fatigue? I'm noticing in my FC also, the usual culprits just aren't logging on, and the only reason I'm doing it is because I'm an addict and I'm doing random things like scrip capping, which, I wish I wasn't doing tbh.

Jaeyden

Take your time. There's no rush and there is a ton of stuff to experience when you hit 50. I think I was close to 170 - 200 hours of playtime before I finished MSQ, and I started after HS released.

AwShucks

Take your time. There's no rush and there is a ton of stuff to experience when you hit 50. I think I was close to 170 - 200 hours of playtime before I finished MSQ, and I started after HS released.

Eh, for some people there is a rush. I have very limited time each day and there are other games to play as well :) Unfortunately long gone are the days where I can log 200+ hours into a game like I did with FFXI

lol a couple of games where adder's points have been getting reset to 0 in pvp.

possible emergency maintenance? lmao oh well they've been kissing mael's ass way too damn much

dramatis

Is it the security token that came with my Collector's Edition I'm supposed to use?

And how do I resize it with the cursor? If I click with x, the cursor does nothing when I try to resize.

I do click on the objective description but it says that the map can't be opened at the current time.

You wanna add me as a friend? I'm also just at the start. I'm on Ultros.
If you got a security token with your collector's edition, then yes it's what you're supposed to use. If you don't want to use that token, there's a software token available for smartphones.

You're not supposed to click with X. When you use the cursor, there are instructions on what left click and right click are with your controller on the screen.

If the map can't be opened, I don't know what your problem is, you should be able to open the map.

WolvenOne

Just leave it. They can fix it in 3.1.

Could be weeks until 3.1, and sadly PVP is one of only two viable ways of getting Esoterics without doing a disproportionate amount of farming, (I hope they fix this in 3.1.) So it at least deserves to be patched during weekly maintenance, if they can find the problem by then.

Sorian

Banned
Could be weeks until 3.1, and sadly PVP is one of only two viable ways of getting Esoterics without doing a disproportionate amount of farming, (I hope they fix this in 3.1.) So it at least deserves to be patched during weekly maintenance, if they can find the problem by then.

Where's my sarcasm font, I think I forgot to turn it on.

Squishy3

well, arboretum will probably give eso, and then void ark will probably give more eso than alex does since it's a 24 man and is longer

oops forgot pharos sirius hard too, and that'll probably be added to expert roulette

WolvenOne

well, arboretum will probably give eso, and then void ark will probably give more eso than alex does since it's a 24 man and is longer

oops forgot pharos sirius hard too, and that'll probably be added to expert roulette

Well, I meant some other way than Expert Roulette and PVP. Used to be that you could mostly cap by doing a Trial Roulette everyday, and doing other content normally would easily cap you without you needing to really make an effort. Since trial roulette's Eso bonus is so low, and none of the trials save the current end-boss award Esoterics without a bonus, you can't even mostly cap that way.

A slight boost to the bonus, and a few more level 60 trials would fix that. <_<;;

Sorian

Banned
Well, I meant some other way than Expert Roulette and PVP. Used to be that you could mostly cap by doing a Trial Roulette everyday, and doing other content normally would easily cap you without you needing to really make an effort. Since trial roulette's Eso bonus is so low, and none of the trials save the current end-boss award Esoterics without a bonus, you can't even mostly cap that way.

A slight boost to the bonus, and a few more level 60 trials would fix that. <_<;;

Come back at 3.5 and much like 2.5, the trials will all award the current high tier of tomestones.

WolvenOne

Airship exploration might award eso.

I'd expect it to, so that helps considerably. Also indeed having new dungeons will help make EXDR enjoyable again. Hopefully they also increase the Eso bonus for HLDR, because that'd do a lot to help people avoid getting burnt on two dungeons too quickly.

Come back at 3.5 and much like 2.5, the trials will all award the current high tier of tomestones.

Trial Roulette was my favored method of mostly getting to cap from 2.3 onward, it wasn't just a 2.5 thing. Keep in mind that I tend to poke around and do a lot of side activities, most of which awarded Tomestones in 2.3 onward. 3.0 is the first patch in awhile where it felt like I had, first, few options for farming up Tomes, and second, had to put an actual effort into capping. <_<;;

Sorian

Banned
Maybe they'll be smart and keep fractal and neverreap in the EXDR rotation so that it would be a queue for 4 dungeons instead of only 2.

giphy.gif

That GIF reaction blog is so good.

tumblr_nr08ce3QdB1utoud7o1_500.gif

Trying to keep yourself alive with your one shitty healing spell while the healer is healing the tank.

Edit: Damn it, somebody linked me to the new Cloud plush on SE store after talking about FF XIV for a bit and I bought it instinctively thinking it came with a Cloud minion because I thought it was a FF XIV item for some reason.

WolvenOne

To be fair, putting Fractal and Neverreap into HLDR would at least award you enough Tomes to spare you a few EXDR's per week. Assuming you got those dungeons and not one of the level 50 affairs.

Sorian

Banned
To be fair, putting Fractal and Neverreap into HLDR would at least award you enough Tomes to spare you a few EXDR's per week. Assuming you got those dungeons and not one of the level 50 affairs.

They would mess that up too. They'd just mix it in with the other current HLDR trash and then neither would ever come up.

WolvenOne

They would mess that up too. They'd just mix it in with the other current HLDR trash and then neither would ever come up.

Alas this is probably true, especially since they'll be adding XP to level 50 dungeon mobs in 3.1. You'll get a lot of people queueing up in those dungeons to get classes up to 51 or whatnot.

They'd still occasionally come up though, so that combined with a slightly more lucrative bonus would help.

Sorian

Banned
Alas this is probably true, especially since they'll be adding XP to level 50 dungeon mobs in 3.1. You'll get a lot of people queueing up in those dungeons to get classes up to 51 or whatnot.

They'd still occasionally come up though, so that combined with a slightly more lucrative bonus would help.

Maybe, just maybe, they will throw a bone out and put eso on the beast tribe dailies coming. That'll at least boost people a bit for awhile.

Top Bottom