• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

So I've just hit 60. Apart from finishing the MSQ and the level 60 dungeouns, what's a good way to get raid ready for gear.

Also, why do people do hunts? What's the reward? I've never dabbled in them.

Aselith

So I've just hit 60. Apart from finishing the MSQ and the level 60 dungeouns, what's a good way to get raid ready for gear.

Also, why do people do hunts? What's the reward? I've never dabbled in them.

Ventures, glamour gear, minions, barding, advanced crafting materials, achievements, challenge log

And my understanding is that these newer hunts actually give you good gear at the more advanced levels and they are definitely good xp for leveling 23k per target at the base level.

Ralemont

not me
All right, guys. I'm back into ARR after a year break. Is there anything important I need to know about how SCH plays that's changed? I see they replaced the Spell Speed Fairy action with Esuna (thank god?) and that Lustrate was nerfed, but is there anything else that's been buffed/nerfed?

Firebrand

Putting key crafting materials behind unspoiled nodes and in higher-level zones is terrible. :(

Then again for some reason you get HQ combat gear from quests now so making gear for my main job isn't as interesting as it was when levelling to 50.

Nose Master

I wish they retroactively added XP to *all* the level 50 quests, not just the MSQ ones. You get 500 xp a pop for the extremely weak level 50 mobs the old quests spawn, but still.

Redx508

Our Static is looking for a melee DPS for Alexander, mumble required

Read more here - http://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/3b0pf9/ultrosmclfm_static_on_ultros_looking_for_a_melee/

g96Or1T.png

Thinking of returning, got to lvl 44 and quit. Did they ever add support for addons or mods? I know Square-Enix were talking about adding in support, but dunno if they ditched that idea or if its still a thing.

Really love the game but I just did not like the mandatory dungeon/raids to advance in the story. Plus I was a terrible healer hehe
But the crafting + fishing was so good :)

If you're just into crafting and such you can just focus on that. I have a friend who loves the game but has epilepsy so she cannot do most of the harder/flashier story mission battles. So she spends all of her time making millions gathering and crafting. She owns a pimped out house, lavish garden and just plays the solo content with her chocobo.

She's having a blast, and I've just started leveling her Dragoon so I can get her past the few Primal battles.

almost level 56. i don't know how people rushed to 60 so fast days ago. i have trouble staying awake in this shallow leveling process.
I don't know why people do that anyway unless you're actively trying to compete for "World's First" achievements. It's a way to quickly burn yourself out on content. I learned that the hard way at ARR launch and in FFXI.

Taking it much slower this time around. There's a lot to do 30-60 now and little reason to be capped.

Aselith

Putting key crafting materials behind unspoiled nodes and in higher-level zones is terrible. :(

Then again for some reason you get HQ combat gear from quests now so making gear for my main job isn't as interesting as it was when levelling to 50.

Very much so. I'm leveling up my desynthesis to hopefully desynthesize soem stuff and leveling a botanist. This damn Holy Water will be the death of me!

I don't know why people do that anyway unless you're actively trying to compete for "World's First" achievements. It's a way to quickly burn yourself out on content. I learned that the hard way at ARR launch and in FFXI.

Taking it much slower this time around. There's a lot to do 30-60 now and little reason to be capped.

indeed. almost all of my fc rushed to 60 asap. i'm still puzzled about that. soon they'll be afking somewhere.

chrono01

There has to be at least 50 Moogle subquests
Do what I did. Work your through the MSQ and only those SQ you need to unlock aether currents. Then, once you unlock flying in the zone, go back and do all of the SQ. It makes things so much easier.

Actually, I'll probably do this for the rest of the zones. There's little reason not to.

Just to be sure: there is no longer a way to renew your subscription with paypal correct? Did a google search for a friend and noticed that UGC is gone. No other paypal alternatives?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Just to be sure: there is no longer a way to renew your subscription with paypal correct? Did a google search for a friend and noticed that UGC is gone. No other paypal alternatives?

You can buy Crysta with paypal and then pay with Crysta.

PowerTaxi

Banned

Being nervous about exam results over the weekend meant I didn't sleep much so got my Bard up to 60 fairly fast. I am looking at my item level being 168 already and thinking "what the feck am I doing?" though

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Being nervous about exam results over the weekend meant I didn't sleep much so got my Bard up to 60 fairly fast. I am looking at my item level being 168 already and thinking "what the feck am I doing?" though
How's Bard at 60 so far?

Do what I did. Work your through the MSQ and only those SQ you need to unlock aether currents. Then, once you unlock flying in the zone, go back and do all of the SQ. It makes things so much easier.

Actually, I'll probably do this for the rest of the zones. There's little reason not to.

That's actually what I'm doing now to fill up the exp until 59.

So many moogles...

Clipse

Going through withdrawals after a huge storm knocked out the power last night. It could take up until Saturday to get power restored here. Someone wanna level my character for me? lol

Moog_

Neo Member
Welp reading this thread convinced me to renew my sub tonight. I played about a year ago but never had the time to really get into it.

Unless I want to play the new race there's no reason for me to buy Heavensward until I hit 50, right?

Murray97

Welp reading this thread convinced me to renew my sub tonight. I played about a year ago but never had the time to really get into it.

Unless I want to play the new race there's no reason for me to buy Heavensward until I hit 50, right?

Correct.

PowerTaxi

Banned
How's Bard at 60 so far?

I'm still trying to get used to WM but I think I'll get it eventually. The final boss of
Neverreap
is a massive NOPE when it comes to using it. I also only realised this morning that I can spam Windbite on mobs and abuse Rain of Death procs when I need to aoe.

The world hasn't crashed down as hard as people think it has, WM just needs to be tuned slightly better while maybe having a shorter cast time so it's more appealing to keep switching.

Edit: A 4.7k Sidewinder crit I got this evening made me slighty giddy. >_>

Sophia

Just completed the level 57 dungeon
The Vault. My god, those cutscenes, that dungeon.... that was jawdroppingly awesome and sad.

Might be my new favorite dungeon in the game now.

Just to clarify, if I played the game when it was first released (pre-Realm Reborn) then I need to buy the expansion from somewhere other than Steam even if I also own the Steam version of the game?

Sophia

Just to clarify, if I played the game when it was first released (pre-Realm Reborn) then I need to buy the expansion from somewhere other than Steam even if I also own the Steam version of the game?

If you own the Steam version of the game, you need to buy the Steam version of the expansion.

If you do not own the Steam version of the game, you cannot use the Steam version of the expansion.

Squishy3

The Vault. My god, those cutscenes, that dungeon.... that was jawdroppingly awesome and sad.

Yeah super awesome, just finished it too.

That slow realization, as well. Perfect.

If you own the Steam version of the game, you need to buy the Steam version of the expansion.

If you do not own the Steam version of the game, you cannot use the Steam version of the expansion.

Kind of confused because I own and launch the game on Steam, but apparently because I created my account before the Steam version I need to buy the expansion from somewhere other than Steam.

This one hurt. A lot. And unlike Nanamo, he's not coming back.

Bro of all times. :( One of my friends is very likely to cry after they get to that scene.

IvorB

Yep, still need a code. Though like I said I don't know when I'll be subscribing since I still have about 3 weeks left on my free month.

Cool, mate. I'll PM you the deets. :)

I bought the normal FFXIV for PS4 a week ago, and have not played it yet. Should I buy Heavensward, or should I beat the normal story before hand?

Do you need a referral code so you can collect the free ingame items?

Sophia

Kind of confused because I own and launch the game on Steam, but apparently because I created my account before the Steam version I need to buy the expansion from somewhere other than Steam.

Did you buy the game on Steam? If you bought the game on steam, from the steam store, you need to buy the expansion there.

This one hurt. A lot. And unlike Nanamo, he's not coming back.

Bro of all times. :( One of my friends is very likely to cry after they get to that scene.

OH MY GOD I COULD NOT TAKE MY LALAFELL'S FACE DURING THAT CUTSCENE HOLY CRAP I FEEL BROKEN INSIDE AND WANT TO CRY NOW WHY GOD WHY. ;_;

Haurchefant, you were the bestest bro.

IvorB

So i'm starting up FFXIV for the first time, and it's my first MMO. What world should I go to to not be lambasted for being the noob that I am.

Or alternatively, what world are low level Gaffers (in the USA) playing on? Is everyone on Ultros?

Would you like a referal code?

Did you buy the game on Steam? If you bought the game on steam, from the steam store, you need to buy the expansion there.

Going by this revew:

"Should have in BIG RED LETTERS:

"If you created your account before your purchased this game on Steam, you cannot activate the Steam version of this expansion.

EVEN if you own the Steam version of the game.

The account MUST have been created after buying the Steam version of the game for this to work."

It's not a huge deal because I can get refunded on Steam now (yay!) but it's a weird situation. I got a code from GMG a little while ago for 23% off so it actually works out better for me anyway.

Sophia

Going by this revew:

It's not a huge deal because I can get refunded on Steam now (yay!) but it's a weird situation. I got a code from GMG a little while ago for 23% off so it actually works out better for me anyway.

I'm not really sure how you'd create your account before buying the Steam version, unless you mean the free trial then.... either way I assume if you can pay with Steam, you probably need the Steam version. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not really sure how you'd create your account before buying the Steam version, unless you mean the free trial then.... either way I assume if you can pay with Steam, you probably need the Steam version. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Because the account I have was created way back when the game originally released. It wouldn't let me apply the Steam code to my account anyway so I guess the review is right. It is confusing since I launch the game on Steam though :/

Sophia

Because the account I have was created way back when the game originally released. It wouldn't let me apply the Steam code to my account anyway so I guess the review is right. It is confusing since I launch the game on Steam though :/

Uhh,.... so let me get this straight. You bought the game back when it was released and then you also bought the Steam version?

I'm confused. But if I understand you right, you actually have two ARR keys, one of which (The steam key) is not redeemed. That means your current account is not a Steam account, despite launching the game through Steam. You can confirm this by logging into the MogStation and seeing if the option to pay your subscription with the Steam Wallet is there or not.

The client itself doesn't really matter. It doesn't even go through Steam. The only difference is the serial key used.

So you bought the game pre-Realm Reborn, then bought it again on Steam? Then yes, you need to buy Heavensward outside of Steam if you want to tie it into the main account you are playing the game with.

Basically, now you have two versions of the game. Your original one, and the Steam version you never use.

Uhh,.... so let me get this straight. You bought the game back when it was released and then you also bought the Steam version?

I'm confused. But if I understand you right, you actually have two ARR keys, one of which (The steam key) is not redeemed. That means your current account is not a Steam account, despite launching the game through Steam.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I didn't realise I had to actually redeem the Steam key to be honest, assumed it just kind of... merged with the account you logged in with.

I mean, I guess if I did redeem the Steam key it would make a new service account and not include my characters and Veteran rewards etc.

So you bought the game pre-Realm Reborn, then bought it again on Steam? Then yes, you need to buy Heavensward outside of Steam if you want to tie it into the main account you are playing the game with.

Basically, now you have two versions of the game. Your original one, and the Steam version you never use.

That must be it. My screw up for sure, I just assumed stuff that I shouldn't I guess.

Top Bottom