• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| Raiders of the Void Ark

Mcdohl

The Dravanian Hinterlands are another level of beautiful.

This game never ceases to amaze me in its detail.

Bonus: Both day and night songs in that area are so chill.

Squishy3

for the new expansion what level is the content for?
As said above, expansion content is all 50. There's a fair amount of content to go through before you even reach the point where the expansion content would open up (unless you want to play an Au Ra, the dragon people race) so you wouldn't even need to worry about buying it at this point.

rubius01

Even in Heavensward, AV is a pit of misery and despair.

WTB another viable way to get from 47-51.

(also WTB Second Wind equivalent for MCH.)

Well, there's always leves, or FATES. Sure they are slower and tedious and boring and make you want to gouge your eyes out and flush them down the toilet, but they are still better than AV.

WolvenOne

Okay, phew. Unlocked the very last new zone and attuned to the local aetheryte before maintenance hit.

Also, I really liked The Great Library. XD

suzu

Finished the main story for Heavensward. Spoilers:
Why do you take away the only two elezen NPCs that I like. :( Rip in peace WoL fanboy (and maybe the azure dragoon).

My favorite zones are Sea of Clouds and Dravania Forelands. Library has the best dungeon music.

Also Bard makes me a bit sad. Plz fix it.

Tash

All in all I am super happy and impressed with the expansion.

SCH spells are pretty great, I don't think we should complain too much but I have to say that Dissipation is a complete joke as a lvl 60 skill.

Killing off your fairy for 20% more healing efficiency is not working out number wise. You cannot recast your fairy for 30 seconds and only Physick, Succor and Adlo are affected by the buff, non of our other old and new healing abilities are. That's just not worth the trade-off.

The other problem is that you do get a full aetherflow stack but recasting your fairy is going to take up two of those stacks just to get the mana back. So it's not even viable as a mana refiller. Now combine this with the fact that non of the current high level gear has accuracy and we have a real problem.

It's not game breaking but I sure hope they will adjust it accordingly. For a lvl 60 skill it's incredibly underwhelming to borderline useless.

nearly to 55 on DRK and I really dont get the complaints on MP. are people just popping dark arts at will?

in fact since ive hit 54 i have yet to experience the doom and gloom being paraded around on the official forums. truth be told if there's a mnk around and no casters your utility plummets as OT, but i dont think the job is critically broken at the moment.

im hoping syphon strike continues to scale as it as now. i know when i hit 51 my mp regen combo was suddenly so much better.

Moaradin

I'm still a little bit from level 60 but the last Monk skill seems insane. Is it a typo or does Tornado Kick really use up GL3? Getting rid of that for a single attack almost sounds not worth it.

AgeEighty

I'm still a little bit from level 60 but the last Monk skill seems insane. Is it a typo or does Tornado Kick really use up GL3? Getting rid of that for a single attack almost sounds not worth it.

The idea is to use it right before any pause in the fighting, so your GL3, which would expire anyway, doesn't go to waste. And it's 330 potency I think? Pretty great.

Semper88

What the hell did they do to my warrior lol, oh this boss hits like a snail, okay full dps mode on 1 min later you are out dpsing the dps..

I feel the nerf bat incoming for WAR.

MogCakes

I'm loving that I can keep up Blood of the Dragon indefinitely. It isn't hard at all and it helps that the two new attack skills do decent damage as well. Never thought the basic Jump would become my most potent attack. Shame Life Surge doesn't work with it.

iammeiam

Well, there's always leves, or FATES. Sure they are slower and tedious and boring and make you want to gouge your eyes out and flush them down the toilet, but they are still better than AV.

That's the plan for 50-51, mostly. Challenge log bonuses, give up the law from roulettes for EXP (I should be full law tomorrow on bard with just EXDR anyway so will have enough for the MCH weapon by the time that's at 60), fill with leves since there's nothing else to get you from 50-51 in the game.

It's mostly just hilarious how incredibly downhill things went at AV for no good reason. SV/DD/AV is just a rough string of dungeons, but suddenly things get worse in AV. Two to three terrible, miserable, hilarious runs left between me and 50. It's one of those cry-laughing things.

At least I get to fling out turrets constantly.

Moaradin

The idea is to use it right before any pause in the fighting, so your GL3, which would expire anyway, doesn't go to waste. And it's 330 potency I think? Pretty great.

That's what I was thinking. Pretty much every skill for Monk this expansion seems to be based on dealing with downtime. It's pretty cool, but part of me wishes we got some major additions to our playstyle like some other classes. Oh well, I got a hadoken so I can't complain.

WolvenOne

What the hell did they do to my warrior lol, oh this boss hits like a snail, okay full dps mode on 1 min later you are out dpsing the dps..

Don't say that, not even joking! D:

In all honesty though, yeah there are some bosses in this expansion that I could probably take without being in Defiance. And yes, I can probably out DPS a lot of dedicated DPS players in this game right now at the same level.

Thing is, Iiiiiiii could do that at 50 too. There are a LOT of players in this game that don't come anywhere close to maximizing their classes DPS potential.

CLBridges

I'm having a real good time with HW, good job SE. Got my BRD up to level 60 and I honestly can't get used to the whole casting time thing, it throws me off. Only time will tell whether BRD will stay as is or will all the complaints coming in that I've seen online will sway SE to make big adjustments. Trying to decide which other toon I wanna level next, thinking either WHM, AST or possibly DRK. I got MCN up to 50 and it's fun, just don't feel like taking another DPS to 60 so soon.

Squishy3

I'm loving that I can keep up Blood of the Dragon indefinitely. It isn't hard at all and it helps that the two new attack skills do decent damage as well. Never thought the basic Jump would become my most potent attack. Shame Life Surge doesn't work with it.
Well, they made Life Surge not work on it with 3.0 for a reason. :p

AgeEighty

That's what I was thinking. Pretty much every skill for Monk this expansion seems to be based on dealing with downtime. It's pretty cool, but part of me wishes we got some major additions to our playstyle like some other classes. Oh well, I got a hadoken so I can't complain.

A lot of it has to do with downtime, but Elixir Field is really a fantastic skill. High potency, faster cooldown than Howling Fist, wide AOE. And of course, it just looks fucking cool as hell.

Moaradin

A lot of it has to do with downtime, but Elixir Field is really a fantastic skill. High potency, faster cooldown than Howling Fist, wide AOE. And of course, it just looks fucking cool as hell.

I agree. Before I got it I thought it was actually going to be the level 60 skill.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Dear God, the last 20 minutes before maint was some of the most exciting I've had in this game. After waiting 30 minutes for the dungeon, it finally pops. I'm near the end of the story and I want to clear this hurdle. All four of us are new. We move through the dungeon, going smoothly, admiring the scenery best we can during the run. We approach the final boss. Some epic, fun shit. Near the end, we didn't notice a key mechanic and it wiped us. The healer says "8 minutes!" and its on. We duke it out with the boss, doing well but the BLM goes down. SCH gets him up and we keep going. I fuck up and miss a mechanic and puts me out of action. The rest continue but it's looking bad. Then *BING* the Limit Break lvl 2 hits. I'm bouncing in the chair whispering "Get me up!" I get my raise, run over and start the LB. Three AOE lines appeal my way and I'm like "FUUUUU~" when the SCH hits me back up a high enough HP level that I survive the attack and LB the boss down!

Fucking awesome. Exit dungeon. CS starts. Shit is getting so real Mike Lowry nods in approval. Then a big reveal happens and...

"Connection to server was reset."

AHHHHH!

So, I have to go back and watch the CS afterwards.

Best. Expansion. Ever.

Stuart444

Pretty sure it's not full, and yeah you reapply.

Reapply only in game (find anyone with the GAF tag, right click/square -> view company profile and apply from there). You don't need to reapply on the guild works website if you've already applied on there once before.

Jijidasu

If anyone is interested in giving FFXIV a whirl I've recently shifted over to Exodus to play with some friends and my brother. I'd be really happy if someone would join me in the recruit-a-friend campaign!

You can go on your own path or join up with me and my buddies and enjoy the game with friends, doesn't bother me - but I'd like a new friend to do stuff with if possible!

This thread moves pretty quickly so if anyone is interested please drop me a PM!

WolvenOne

You know what i would be really interested in, a rough estimate of how many virtual square miles/kilometers each zone in this game is.

It'd settle an internal debate ice been having, concerning the actual size of the game world.

Semper88

Don't say that, not even joking! D:

In all honesty though, yeah there are some bosses in this expansion that I could probably take without being in Defiance. And yes, I can probably out DPS a lot of dedicated DPS players in this game right now at the same level.

Thing is, Iiiiiiii could do that at 50 too. There are a LOT of players in this game that don't come anywhere close to maximizing their classes DPS potential.

Hahah we will get that bat, and hard.. Unless it all turna out well at 60 and other deeps will leave us behind.

Yeah well pre HW i was able to push lets say 450 out of defiance in coil. Now I'm doing 600 with the same ilvl/wep but just 5 levels higher.

plake

You know what i would be really interested in, a rough estimate of how many virtual square miles/kilometers each zone in this game is.

It'd settle an internal debate ice been having, concerning the actual size of the game world.

Don't you mean sq yalms and sq ilms. ;__;7

WolvenOne

Hahah we will get that bat, and hard.. Unless it all turna out well at 60 and other deeps will leave us behind.

Yeah well pre HW i was able to push lets say 450 out of defiance in coil. Now I'm doing 600 with the same ilvl/wep but just 5 levels higher.

Well for starters, it's somewhat likely that Warriors are going to have to switch back to Vit accessories and such for raiding, at least initially. That's a good large chunk of our total DPS right there.

Second, Warriors single target DPS abilities are front loaded. By level 55 you have all the single target abilities you're going to get. From that point on, only Stat improvements are going to really help, and by 55 some of those base Stat improvements are already factored in as well.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, I just picked this up today; completely new to any FF online. I've only heard positive things!

Now just waiting on maintenance....
Well, this one plays like WoW/most of the post-WoW mmos, so you shouldn't feel lost. Just follow the Main story quest markers, do class/job quests as soon as they're available and enjoy.
Raiding is the only content which is really difficult, so it should be smooth sailing for the most part until level 60.

Edit:
Code has been used, but I bet half of the people here can provide a new one.

Tash

Well, this one plays like WoW/most of the post-WoW mmos, so you shouldn't feel lost. Just follow the Main story quest markers, do class/job quests as soon as they're available and enjoy.
Raiding is the only content which is really difficult, so it should be smooth sailing for the most part until level 60.

If you want some recruit a friend campaign stuff, feel free to use my code: VVGJNF3S

Bastard :p

dcye

Had an awesome experience in KoTL last night. We went in as 3 (DRK, BLM, BRD) and got a newbie WHM for our 4th. Went fine up until the last boss where the WHM dies during the first shield phase by not getting inside the bubble. So the BLM goes heals and we go ham, managed the clear it quite comfortably. Though I got hit during LB and thought I was going to die before it went off, but I had 400HP left after the LB went off haha. It was so much fun.

Top WARs almost out-dpsing top BRDs atm haha. Your dream will be realised when we hit Alexander.

Stuart444

Hotfix stuff:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...un.-25-2015)?p=3069262&viewfull=1#post3069262

The following adjustment was made.
・In the FATE “Vedrfolnir Devoteth,” Vedrfolnir will no longer use Aetheric Profusion.

The following issues have been addressed.
・An issue in "The Aery" wherein, if the party is KO'd under conditions, a certain movement restriction will not wear off after returning to the starting point.

・An issue in "The Great Gubal Library" wherein monsters may occasionally become untargetable.

・ An issue wherein characters may become uncontrollable if they are KO’d under specific conditions during boss battles in certain dungeons.

・An issue in the Dravanian hinterlands wherein the monster narbrooi would spawn in massive numbers.

・An issue wherein collectable items became stackable.

・An issue in 3.0 areas wherein characters and monsters would become stuck in certain terrain or fall through the map.

・An issue wherein using DirectX 11 and playing on Full Screen mode, pressing the Print Screen key rapidly sometimes resulted in the character becoming uncontrollable. (Windows version only)
*Due to this fix, if using a Print Screen function through other software, there is a chance that the software may not function correctly while the FINAL FANTASY XIV client is open with DirectX 11. Using the in-game Screenshot function will still work.

・Fixed a number of text errors.

Anyone wanna send me a recruit code? I'm planning on paying for a long term sub, been excited to jump into this for a long time, and now I have all summer free :)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone wanna send me a recruit code? I'm planning on paying for a long term sub, been excited to jump into this for a long time, and now I have all summer free :)
PM sent :)
One of those bugs happened to me in the Bismarck fight. Even after restarting the player stayed dead and despite being successfully kicked, still stayed in the party.

Top Bottom