• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Jeels

Had a great time steamrolling through Binding and SCoB for the first time last night. Still need to go through FCoB but it made me wish I was there for the content day-one (well I was kind of, just didn't have a group).

As for houses, don't think I'll be able to afford one until Ishgard is available at the current prices/rate. May just buy a room at the FC until then.

Honestly, I highly recommend it if all you want is a space to decorate. So much is going on at the FC house that it's nice to have my room within the house. Feel like I'm a part of the action. At 200k (I think) it's super affordable too

Squishy3

Honestly, I highly recommend it if all you want is a space to decorate. So much is going on at the FC house that it's nice to have my room within the house. Feel like I'm a part of the action. At 200k (I think) it's super affordable too
It's 300k but yeah still not that bad. Way better than the ridiculous plot prices.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm about 10% through myself and I really haven't even tried. So I have to admit it's not as bad as it looked on first glance

Right now I'm more worried about having the gil for the crafted materials, which is saying something.

It's not bad, just boring and tedious.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Scholar Level 50 Quest:
Finding out tonberries were people who became ill and whose body atrophied, shrunk and turned green gave me the goosies.
D:

It's 300k but yeah still not that bad. Way better than the ridiculous plot prices.

Yeah I'll probably do just that. May have to start looking into leveling my gathers to make some money in the meantime.

Ken

QOadkUn.png

nan0

I just got ARR in the Humble Bundle and started playing the free month. Would I need Heavensward soon or is it primarily endgame content (like HoT for GW2)?

Omni

I just got ARR in the Humble Bundle and started playing the free month. Would I need Heavensward soon or is it primarily endgame content (like HoT for GW2)?
To put it simply, you don't really 'need' it before level 50 and you've completed the story up until 2.5 or whatever it is. Which takes a looooong time to get through

well GAF, Ultros has been fun. Moved to an EU server to join my new raid group.

I have a low level alt on Ultros, might level it soon :)

edit: oh god Euro ping so nice

Every Euro dies a happy death once they experience that new ping

it's gamechanging.

like, I can notice the ping difference on League between my house (45 ms) and the office (25 ms), so going from 100+ ms on Ultros to sub-30ms here is mindblowing. I did not think the game would feel this much better.

iammeiam

You're a monk though. It's your dream fight!

Not if there's somebody in the group yelling "I don't care about your $#$#%$#% DPS peel off the #$%#$%#$^% boss and do the #@$$#*^%# mechanic because do you know what's a bigger DPS loss? US WIPING."

and then somehow everybody turns into different races and you get another astrometer

God I hate that fight. I'm normally such a calm person, too.

You're a monk though. It's your dream fight!

I know, it's a training dummy. just overall... one tiny mistake like two people standing slightly too close to each other for carnage = deaths = wipe cos healers have no MP and we were doing it without a Bard/MCH. Way ahead on DPS but slight mechanics issues caused wipes

but yeah, afk DPS, pick up a tether if I need to, maybe kill a big add... DPS more. it's easy for a MNK

I'm kind of sad that I burned out on FFXIV and will most likely never return (at least for another year) I was enjoying everything up until the current end game. I like the story, I like the world, I like the characters, all the jobs feel awesome. But the structure of the content remains unchanged from 2.0 and I ended up just getting bored either having to grind Savage Alexander, or RNG grind out a relic weapon, or grind out the same 2-3 dungeons for months, and so on.

I do really enjoy the new raid though, but why they didn't adopt the token system for that as well boggles my mind. And Diadem has potential though it feels half-thought out. I'll continue to stay up-to-date on patches and future content, but man I'm bummed.

Ken

I'm kind of sad that I burned out on FFXIV and will most likely never return (at least for another year) I was enjoying everything up until the current end game. I like the story, I like the world, I like the characters, all the jobs feel awesome. But the structure of the content remains unchanged from 2.0 and I ended up just getting bored either having to grind Savage Alexander, or RNG grind out a relic weapon, or grind out the same 2-3 dungeons for months, and so on.

I do really enjoy the new raid though, but why they didn't adopt the token system for that as well boggles my mind. And Diadem has potential though it feels half-thought out. I'll continue to stay up-to-date on patches and future content, but man I'm bummed.

Which new raid cause savage has tokens. Do you mean void ark?

Top Bottom