• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

who cares about armor z-axis coordinates WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

32Fy1TV.jpg

Arkeband

Banned
who cares about armor z-axis coordinates WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hmm, that really doesn't look nice. They use to integrate the X and Y into the actual compass, now it's sitting outside and below, with the tenths place in subscript?

That's some placeholder UI design right there, folks.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Nono, what needs to happen is they need to start customizing the MCH lunchbox to the gun. Bards get custom quivers and arrows for their bows (the Gordian arrows glow and dye it is amazing), we just get by with the one lunchbox for everything.
Imagine having a tiny manipulator hanging on your belt with your Gordian gun.

That would actually be kind of neat.
No no no no no. No.
I'll keep my pullout harp thank you very much.
Gauss barrel for the harp too, floating off in distance.

suzu

Speaking of attachments on weapons. The AST card holder...holster thing looks silly too.
Spire Spire Spire.

Tomat

I was under the impression that it was supposed to do a countdown until it was off CD.

Just slapping the CD in seconds on the button doesn't really help much.

Teknoman

So considering how, aside from GAF help nights and FC coop in general, people needed statics of sorts for coil... Is it really necessary for Alexander these days? Or are people finally to the point of where they can cooperate normally?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So considering how, aside from GAF help nights and FC coop in general, people needed statics of sorts for coil... Is it really necessary for Alexander these days? Or are people finally to the point of where they can cooperate normally?

To put it mildly, A3 and A4 make Coil look easy in retrospect.

Valor

There's still a weekly lockout on loot, so yeah it's still more beneficial to run with only a handful of the same people. You can pug the fights, however, but your mileage will vary on that one for sure. Cooperation has never been the issue, I don't think.

iammeiam

You can, on the other hand, DF Alex normal and get the full story experience.

You only have to do Savage if you want to do Savage, and for that you're better off with a set group for the hard fights. Come the 23rd maybe they'll hit it with The SCoB nerfbat and it'll be random able, but until then nah. It's possible to PUG but you're not rolling in blind and not getting laughed out of any group trying to clear right now since there's a lot to learn.

scy

I was under the impression that it was supposed to do a countdown until it was off CD.

Just slapping the CD in seconds on the button doesn't really help much.

Just slapping the cooldown on it, in numbers, is all I wanted out of it!

iammeiam

Just slapping the cooldown on it, in numbers, is all I wanted out of it!

He doesn't appear to have anything on cooldown. At least in the screenshot he's mid GCD but all his CDs look like they are up. I don't see much point in sticking a timer on stuff that's on the GCD, so what's to count?

Speaking of attachments on weapons. The AST card holder...holster thing looks silly too.
Spire Spire Spire.

Astrologian card holder thing? I actually never knew the purpose of that thing. xD I always thought it was a sword sheathe at first. /dumb Can we actually see the cards in the holster?

scy

He doesn't appear to have anything on cooldown. At least in the screenshot he's mid GCD but all his CDs look like they are up. I don't see much point in sticking a timer on stuff that's on the GCD, so what's to count?

I know. My first post was more just commenting on the new display (...unless I'm seriously blind on what the GCD has looked like for so long) for the GCDs there. Was just responding to the other post saying the numerical timer is all I wanted on the icons. Two different things!

Tomat

Oh wow, I thought the tiny numbers to the bottom left was the cooldown. I forgot that was the mana/TP cost.

That makes the change to the countdown timer even more puzzling... Was expecting them to slap a cooldown NUMBER on the button or something. I thought that was the whole thing people were requesting in the first place.

Arkeband

Banned
Oh wow, I thought the tiny numbers to the bottom left was the cooldown. I forgot that was the mana/TP cost.

That makes the change to the countdown timer even more puzzling... Was expecting them to slap a cooldown NUMBER on the button or something. I thought that was the whole thing people were requesting in the first place.

Those might show up on longer CD's, the ones in that screenshot above are just your standard 2.5s rotation buttons. It seems kind of redundant to slap (more) numbers on those.

iammeiam

It's not just the number being visible, they made the actual pie chart/clockface more visible. Compare the two:

Current:
loi5fAT.png

New:
SvrO7Pq.png

This is better assuming it's the same on cooldowns--consider Potion on a cooldown monitoring bar out of the corner of your eye. As is it is it looks like it's up for the last few seconds of its cooldown (same with longer CDs like BV or even untraited Raging). New version: Circle lit up = cannot push button. Square lit up = can push button. This without needing to enable cooldown timer numbers if you don't want to.

Wilsongt

Was thinking it would be neat if female caster gear was Shiva and male caster gear was Ramuh.

Give healers Moogle gear.

Just saw there is a trailer out. Kreygasm'd all over the palce due to Atma weapon music.

OMG CALCABRINA YAAAS GAGA YAAAS

scy

It's not just the number being visible, they made the actual pie chart/clockface more visible. Compare the two:

Current:
loi5fAT.png

New:
SvrO7Pq.png

Right ... and I don't think the new one looks that good compared to the old one was my original point. It stands out more but looks kind of weird to see the circle-timer across every single GCD.

I do like it for actual cooldowns I think since it has a more obvious at-a-glance indicator if button is usable or not but it makes GCDs look super busy here.

That'll be the thing on the actual cooldowns, the screenshot just shows a bunch of GCDs on cooldown. Which is why I think it looks weird. Individually they're fine but a bunch of short-GCDs all with that seems kind of ugly to me at a glance. Ideally, I'd like this timer (with the number!) on actual cooldowns but leaving the old version for regular GCDs. Just seems less busy that way to me.

studyguy

WAR Training for Stone Sea Sky: Learn how to use your Fell Cleaves and reactive cooldowns accordingly.

DRK: Learn how to manage your MP effectively to maximize potential

PLD: Learn which part of the bench is the best to sit on.

Ken

There should be cooldown numbers on abilities. You have to go find footage of YoshiP's BLM doing SSS from the LL but pretty sure they're there.

Man, I actually want to PvP in The Feast just for the music alone.

Or someone in the FC could get the track for the Orchestrion and save me the trouble.

<3 also for dat new arrangement for Lost City of Amdapor City Hard~

suzu

Astrologian card holder thing? I actually never knew the purpose of that thing. xD I always thought it was a sword sheathe at first. /dumb Can we actually see the cards in the holster?

Yeah. They should've made it a little pouch or something, since AST are just pulling cards out randomly anyway. lol

Sorian

Banned
Oh baby, I just finally got the chance to watch the trailer, I'm wet.

Can't wait for Angary's rage when
Minfilia ends up being Hydaelyn

Tomat

Does sound like her doesn't it?

iammeiam

Only if I have to
save Minfilia again. Otherwise it fits--both are kind of annoying order givers who routinely occupy the most boring parts of the story.

Teknoman

I wonder how long they are going to wait to actually have us fight Zodiark. I mean they can always introduce another otherworldly true big bad down the line.

WolvenOne

Love the music they use in the trailer for The Feast, and Novice Hall. Wonder if both instances will use the same music or it's just The Feast, (or something else entirely.)

Sorian

Banned
I wonder how long they are going to wait to actually have us fight Zodiark. I mean they can always introduce another otherworldly true big bad down the line.

I'm sure that one will sit in the pocket for a rainy day. We still have the dragonsong war to wrap up and then an empire to beat back.

Top Bottom