• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Squishy3

I'm just curious to see how the second phase of Sephirot's going to play out. It's going to be their first time attempting that kind of thing. I mean, you can't even really compare it to anything else in the game.

Steps is the closest thing but that's just FFXIV's version of the Lao Shan fight from Monster Hunter.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm just curious to see how the second phase of Sephirot's going to play out. It's going to be their first time attempting that kind of thing. I mean, you can't even really compare it to anything else in the game.

Steps is the closest thing but that's just FFXIV's version of the Lao Shan fight from Monster Hunter.

You're assuming that's not just a flashy ultimate and then he returns back to being normal form.

What do you think is more likely, coming from this development team?

WolvenOne

I guess that would be for the best, especially since it should be one hell of a fight.

Here's the thing.

As far as we can tell, Zodiark appears to be Hydalyne's counterpart. The two appear to be so well interlinked that I'm not sure you CAN have one without the other. Mind you, Zodiark appears to be a destructive force that desires to return everything to a state of non-existence, so Zodiark's own demise may suit him just fine.

So, assuming that the current fan-interpretation of Zodiark is even close to correct, I would guess that we're not going to fight Zodiark directly, but rather we'll be fighting a lesser incarnation of Zodiark. Defeating it will essentially save the day and put off another collision between the two gods somewhere into the future, but won't have potentially apocalyptic consequences.

The game runs like a dream on PC.

I'll probably be using it more than the PS4 at this point.

Also the PS4 controller works on PC, you can just plug it in and play.

Only thing that bummed me out was having to set gear sets/crossbars/inventory/basically everything since it's not stored online.

EDIT: Also the touchpad button doesn't work. The Share button performs the same function now but it's a bit of a pain to press imo.

Jayhawk

Fold #44 currently in BnS PvP world rankings for the NA version. Left that world-first life in XIV for the BnS PVP. Easier to stalk Elysium players when they're in the same server as GAF.

The game runs like a dream on PC.

I'll probably be using it more than the PS4 at this point.

Also the PS4 controller works on PC, you can just plug it in and play.

Only thing that bummed me out was having to set gear sets/crossbars/inventory/basically everything since it's not stored online.

EDIT: Also the touchpad button doesn't work. The Share button performs the same function now but it's a bit of a pain to press imo.

Go into the System Configuration and Gamepad and change the Gamepad Type to the PS buttons + Touch Pad

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
8Jiv7Y0.gif
7x3osyb.gif

Square-Enix passed the buck to Sony and I have no idea how to get in contact with their Support guys. I'm guess going to try calling if I'm awake during business hours... during a three day weekend. Fffffff...

The new patch is so far off my radar since I quit shortly before Heavenward dropped, but I hope there's something fun in it that you guys can do!

creid

I've been walking around in LL for half an hour and I can't even *beg* anyone to spend 60 seconds partying up with me for the seasonal event.
edit: finally someone had mercy on me ;.;

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That being said, we made the amount of rewards for mentors small to reduce the number of players who may become mentors purely to get their hands on rewards

BeyondTwoSouls_RyanCIA16fps.gif

smart move. Wouldn't be the first time those kinds of players turn content enjoyment into shit.

Sorian

Banned
Can I become a mentor and then teach all of the fledgling BLMs how to play the class completely incorrectly so that the need for good BLMs rises?

Jayhawk

Can I become a mentor and then teach all of the fledgling BLMs how to play the class completely incorrectly so that the need for good BLMs rises?

You would need a tank and healing class at 60 first to be a mentor. We all know that's not happening.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Engineering job security, I like it.

Btw you should mentor me. I haven't practiced BLM yet at all.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Wonder if they'll have some sort of system in place to temporarily remove people from the mentor system if they abuse it just for the rewards.

Wilsongt

Wonder if they'll have some sort of system in place to temporarily remove people from the mentor system if they abuse it just for the rewards.

Oh, I am sure. There will be many shitty mentors who are there just to harass new players and to be jerks. They will be reported immediately and removed from the system.

Oh, you mean in reality?

No. They won't do shit.

Squishy3

Oh, I am sure. There will be many shitty mentors who are there just to harass new players and to be jerks. They will be reported immediately and removed from the system.

Oh, you mean in reality?

No. They won't do shit.
I got someone punished who kept following me around and spamming me trade requests and they weren't even trying to interrupt my teleports, anything is possible! I'm sure they'll do something as long as it gets reported. It's more likely the case that the people who will have terrible mentors act like assholes to them won't even know about the report thing since it's kinda buried in the UI.

Just don't do it on the official forums or you'll get banned from them!

WolvenOne

Since mentor chat appears to be a single server wide LS, it'll probably be pretty easy to police. Granted, I don't think they'll step in often even if it is. However if they keep seeing one guy harassing new players using the mentor chat, it'll probably be noticed eventually. They don't want one guy making new players unsub, after all. $$$$$

Might help if other mentors report the harassment though. I mean, hypothetically speaking.

Village

just started playing this game, its fun. This is the 2nd mmo i have ever played, so I don't have a wide frame of reference , but the leveling system in this is interesting.

iammeiam

I'd be surprised if the big issue with the mentor channel is harassing new players given that it's an opt-in to feel like an expert situation; I'd expect it to be more likely to disintegrate to arguing between mentors over who has more e-cred. There will be so much bad advice coming out of there it will be hilarious.

aceface

I've been playing since October of 2013 and I only have done 817 dungeons/trials so no mentor channel for me. Plus, I'd have to level a tank. Not gonna happen.

ETA: Big thanks to everyone from the GAF FC who made the crafted relic items for myself and Chocolate. So Avatar, Myra, Victor, Sosul, Mature...Rin and Angary helped with gathering...other people who I may be forgetting...you can be my mentor any day.

Khrno

Someone could help me with regards the settings/performance of the DX9 client.

I usually play with the DX11 client (i7 2600K @3.5GHz, GTX 970x2 SLI, 16GB Ram) at 1440p at max settings and the GPU temperature is around 80°C, however every few hours of so, Windows 10 will crash on the Blue Screen of Sadness :(, also my fps are anywhere between 60 and 100.

So I've been playing today all day (about 10 hours so far) on the DX9 client, no crashes at all and the GPUs barely reach 70°C, however the framerate barely reaches 60 fps and I made sure to have None selected as the frame rate limit. Also, I get this annoying framerate drop to 30 fps every so often, I haven't really timed it, but it could be every few minutes or so, so it is really annoying to have the game dip like that to 30 and it isn't tied to amount of pc/npcs on screen or anything like that.

So does anyone know how to make the DX9 client run better?

Or alternatively, while using the DX11 client, how to make the GPUs not get so hot even when the fan speed is already at 100%.

Oh right, and 1080p is not an option.

Top Bottom