• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

aceface

giphy.gif

Well done, Red.

Did you misspell healing? :3c

A long suffering woman, my wife.

You can start by ditching that damn potato. ;) Lalafells are the true evil.

Sosul is not a lalafell he's the lalafell.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm really enjoying NIN, the mudra mechanic feels fresh even by MMO standards. Definitely a huge step up over ROG which was frankly a little boring.

Squishy3

Have you guys spent any real money on in-game items?
Since I pay for my sub with Crysta (it's the only way to pay with Paypal) I used some of the leftover Crysta to buy one of the yukatas. I'll probably never buy something like the Scions' outfits or Livia/Nero's Magitek mounts. Or Sleipnir.

I've not used a single dime on the Square Enix mogstation. These things should be unlockable in game. My main complaint is fantasias, tbh. These should be obtainable by pulling feats in game. I only ever used my free one because I think it is unnecessary to pay 10-15 bucks for an appearance change. I'm paying enough as it is for the time cards and I don't want to spend a fortune on the game.

But anyway, it is your money and you are free to do anything you want with it. I just wish that SE could make alternate ways to unlock mogstation stuff. If we are lucky we get them through seasonal events but eh.

Gold_Loot

Quick Anima quest question guys. My friend started the relic quest as a bard. He's thinking of maaining a Dragoon and we wanted to know if he can quit the quest , start it again as a goon, and use his Luminess Chrystals he farmed for his bow for the lance instead.

iammeiam

Quick Anima quest question guys. My friend started the relic quest as a bard. He's thinking of maaining a Dragoon and we wanted to know if he can quit the quest , start it again as a goon, and use his Luminess Chrystals he farmed for his bow for the lance instead.

Yes, he can drop the relic quest and pick it up again on a different job and use the same crystals or nodules as long as he hasn't turned them in yet.

I've done this to pre collect crystals before I had a job to 60. Works fine.

Gold_Loot

Yes, he can drop the relic quest and pick it up again on a different job and use the same crystals or nodules as long as he hasn't turned them in yet.

I've done this to pre collect crystals before I had a job to 60. Works fine.
Awesome, thank you much sir/mam.

Pachimari

Starting this up again, I remember nothing and can't even find the minions I had before. And everything I had lined up in my hotbars is gone. Really weird actually. I think I might just start over with a whole new character in a new district on Ultros.

Will all of my bonuses and extras from earlier play-sessions/characters carry over to my new character? I'm thinking the items I have gotten for having been a registered player for so and so many days and from my limited edition orders and such.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Getting the group I'm in now their first kill was somehow oddly more satisfying than getting carried all day by K. and co.. I don't hate A4 as much now.
Just kidding can't stand that shit.

ebil

Starting this up again, I remember nothing and can't even find the minions I had before. And everything I had lined up in my hotbars is gone. Really weird actually. I think I might just start over with a whole new character in a new district on Ultros.

Will all of my bonuses and extras from earlier play-sessions/characters carry over to my new character? I'm thinking the items I have gotten for having been a registered player for so and so many days and from my limited edition orders and such.
Every veteran reward and Limited Edition item will be sent to any new character you create, so yes.

Squishy3

Hotbars are all saved locally so yeah.

Pachimari

I have still only seen Gridania. Nothing else. Really nothing else. But with me starting all over tomorrow, it should give me a breath of fresh air. Will think about character names over night.

I have still only seen Gridania. Nothing else. Really nothing else. But with me starting all over tomorrow, it should give me a breath of fresh air. Will think about character names over night.

Why are you starting over? You will be way way way behind the playerbase in terms of gear and cleared content. I can't see myself ever doing those boring fetch quests again, haha.

Gattsu25

Banned
After uninstalling this around 6 months ago I installed the game, signed into the site, and the stupid website wouldn't let me add my credit card to renew the subscription.

Took me a minute to realize that I still had an active subscription running ; ;

Kenai

Have you guys spent any real money on in-game items?

I bought the platinum wedding band things so we'd have first dibs back when it first came out (and the two seater chocobo and suits were pretty nice). Definitely not a regular thing though.

Why won't Hilderbrand just die and stay dead

worst content ever

It's some of the best content not just in FF14, but all of gaming. That's why it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Shenmue

Banned
I've been looking to deck out my house. Anyone know of a list somewhere of all the furniture that has some sort of effect? By that i mean actual clickable effects and not just glowy effects. So stuff like the manor instruments, retainer bells, the cutscene book...

Gold_Loot

Ya know, I don't mind the Hildebrand stuff, but I DO mind seeing a bunch of naked dancing men doing poses all the time.. Gets a bit grating after a few months.

Cmagus

I really wish they would put Thordan EX in DF soon I'd really like to try it and get some experience. There is never anyone around who wants to do it :(

KuroNeeko

Finally reached 28 on my Arcanist--the longest I've spent with any of my alt characters.

I finally feel like I can settle down on Ultros. I submitted my guild app to the Guildwork page a few weeks ago and see GAFfers in game all the time. Should I just talk to one to get an in-game invite?

I play on PS4 and don't use keyboard (yet), so I'm fairly quiet, but it'd be nice to have some company other than my carbuncle sometimes. ; )

Level 13 actually. So I think I can get a new character up to that in a day anyway.

Yeah, there is no harm in restarting if you are only level 13. If you have the friendship circlet it will go even faster to level your classes to above 25. It should generate enough exp to get a feel for your classes and also the content. I would say you could get caught up to the new patch in a month if you play an obscene amount of hours a day.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like how the fights become a clusterfuck of visual effects of abilities+scrolling combat text... Can't see shit captain!

dramatis

Finally reached 28 on my Arcanist--the longest I've spent with any of my alt characters.

I finally feel like I can settle down on Ultros. I submitted my guild app to the Guildwork page a few weeks ago and see GAFfers in game all the time. Should I just talk to one to get an in-game invite?

I play on PS4 and don't use keyboard (yet), so I'm fairly quiet, but it'd be nice to have some company other than my carbuncle sometimes. ; )
Yikes.

When you put in an app on Guildwork, you can then submit an in-game app already. Just target a GAF member and right-click/press square, use the menu to View Free Company Profile and you can submit in-game app.

You didn't need to wait! If instructions were confusing, sorry about that.

Isaccard

You can skip over it entirely, so why do you care?

Didin't you quit the game like 3 times now so why do you care?

I’m not sure if sarcasm but it unlocks new content and is entirely worth doing. I am not big on the story of it myself, but it is enjoyable at times. You don't have to do it if you don't like it though.

Yeah, I just click/skip through the cutscenes.

It's some of the best content not just in FF14, but all of gaming. That's why it isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Gaming is doomed D:

She will not be forgotten.

:D

sure just take away the best thing about this game

Grimm pls

Valor

I like how the fights become a clusterfuck of visual effects of abilities+scrolling combat text... Can't see shit captain!

You can set the flying test to be much smaller than default. I recommend it if you can't see anything because of text. You also can just turn off other party members'/people's effects as well.

Top Bottom