• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

scy

Heavens' Ward Helm Fragment Miscellany A small piece of steel salvaged from a helm worn by one of the Heavens' Ward.

Thordan Barding item? Where's the weapon tokens or do they not list those.

Well, the Barding isn't listed in the recipes but I dunno if we can take anything from that.

iammeiam

pls explain to me how Bard/MCH i205 Thordan weapons are going to work

Fractional Weapon Damage?Not noted change to existing weaponry.

Also new Max Ethers. Hopefully not terrible?

Oddly, the Thordan barding does not appear in the new recipes list.

Ken

Well, the Barding isn't listed in the recipes but I dunno if we can take anything from that.

Maybe it's supposed to be one of those GSM recipes that are probably accidental copypasta of Carpenter recipe but in German.

But then the Heavens' Ward item doesn't show up in the JP recipes either so who knows.

iammeiam

205 weapons will make a noticeable difference, if the entire party is using them. That fractional difference will add up.

No see, most classes have 2 Weapon Damage separating their i200 from i210. So i205 will be one more WD. The gain there is expected and obvious.

Bard/MCH only have one between 200 and 210. They'd literally need a fractional WD rating to slot in i205 unless they adjust i210.

WolvenOne

No see, most classes have 2 Weapon Damage separating their i200 from i210. So i205 will be one more WD. The gain there is expected and obvious.

Bard/MCH only have one between 200 and 210. They'd literally need a fractional WD rating to slot in i205 unless they adjust i210.

More main stat and secondaries then. Not ideal I'll admit, but it'll help some. Honestly I wanted them to boost Alexander weapons to 215 and make the new weapons 210, but we don't always get what we want.

iammeiam

More main stat and secondaries then. Not ideal I'll admit, but it'll help some. Honestly I wanted them to boost Alexander weapons to 215 and make the new weapons 210, but we don't always get what we want.

Uh. They'd better not do that unless everyone else gets no WD boost, too. No reason to solely penalize ranged for their bad planning.

Ken

In order to prevent congestion in the Gold Saucer, the Chocobo Square has been divided into two instances. Players will be moved to one of these two instances at random when entering the Chocobo Square, even when joined in a party with others. To enter an instance together with party members, please speak with the lift operator Saethrith at the Entrance Square (X:4 Y:6) at roughly the same time as those you wish to enter with. Please note that this does not guarantee all players will enter the same instance together. In the event you and your party members enter different instances, please exit the Chocobo Square and try again.

congestion
Gold Saucer

kek

Ken

No Thordan tokens? Fuck off with that shit.

Well, in my highly thorough search I couldn't find any mentions of Expanse or Hive totems in their patch notes either.

* Due to the volume of items added with the release of patch 3.0, they will not be listed in the patch notes.

Lol. Would be really weird if they went back on tokens but guess we'll find out soon!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
>An issue wherein the description for the astrologian ability Lightspeed mistakenly said it reduces attack magic potency.
>An issue wherein the description for the astrologian trait Lightspeed mistakenly said it affects attack magic potency.
Haha time for Gravity

Qvoth

i don't follow live patch notes reading much, did they ever show some pictures or anything that's outside of the full patch notes? because if it's literally just reading the notes and nothing else i think i'll stop watching :<

Frumix

Suffering From Success
i don't follow live patch notes reading much, did they ever show some pictures or anything that's outside of the full patch notes? because if it's literally just reading the notes and nothing else i think i'll stop watching :<

They sometimes give undocumented comments (we first learned that Zeta would take a very short amount of time to complete from those) but I don't think they've shown anything big.

dramatis

I should join the UltrosGAF FC. I've flown solo since I started playing a few months ago, but it would be nice to have a steady group of players I can rely on.
What I'm going to have to say is a bit disappointing, because Ultros FC is actually filled with unreliable crazy people XD

Ken

No mention on how the changes to Ninjutsus are going to work? :(

"It just works now" seems to be what the fix is. Probably won't get any technical details unless YoshiP says it himself on a stream or something or until everyone gets their hands on it.

[2.0] To accommodate various connection speeds and latencies, the ninja abilities Ten, Chi, and Jin have been adjusted.

So, umm... After a few months out of the game I've gotten a month and I'm playing with my partner, leveling up a CNJ while she uses the trial.

So many things @_@ And I still haven't even gotten Heavensward. You guys still in Ultros? Feels lonely without a FC :(
and it's scary to think about tanking again now after such a long break lol

Tabris

So based on patch notes, pretty sure I'll be done with the entire patch within 2 weeks.

I doubt I'll run Void Ark more then a couple weeks.

And I don't need to cap Eso anymore.

EDIT - Well depending on how bad RNG is for airship ventures.

I'll be doing beast trials, new EX primal, Void Ark, airship exploration, maybe verminion. I'll at least try it and see if it's any good.

If 3.2 doesn't pull me in more I'm probably going to stop playing until expansion though.

Neku054

Neo Member
Uh. They'd better not do that unless everyone else gets no WD boost, too. No reason to solely penalize ranged for their bad planning.

iirc they broke the rule on weapon damage for bards with the leviathan weapon no? I Believe it still gives +1 WD even though the unupgrade bow was ilvl 95

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a little salty fallout 4 exists at all, it's all fair!

On a more serious note, the MCH weapon should get the +1 but the BRD one shouldn't as punishment for their sins (1. being a BRD).

Sorian

Banned
You are like some robot that is fuelled by the salt of others :)

I'm split, I'm not sure if I play MMOs for the thrill of beating new content or the humor of watching the community implode on itself over every little change to the status quo. It's definitely one of those two things.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Is it bad that I'm interested in seeing if the game will "die" again shortly after the patch releases?

It's not that I want the game to die. It's just that if we end up right back where we are now in lull status I'm curious to see how they'll handle it. Unless where we're at now is normal? It just seems like there's more of a lull now due to the 5 month gap.

Sorian

Banned
Is it bad that I'm interested in seeing if the game will "die" again shortly after the patch releases?

Hunt zerg, airship zerg, an actual matchmaking/ELO system for minion battles, Void Ark glamors. Meh, people will be entertained. The same doom and gloom people will continue to be doom and gloom.

Tabris

Hunt zerg, airship zerg, an actual matchmaking/ELO system for minion battles, Void Ark glamors. Meh, people will be entertained. The same doom and gloom people will continue to be doom and gloom.

I honestly think there's a real attrition happening though. With each of these patches, a couple more people aren't returning and it dies off faster.

My prediction is Ultros back to being dead within 2-4 weeks.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I honestly think there's a real attrition happening though. With each of these patches, a couple more people aren't returning and it dies off faster.

Things might pick up again once the relic drops. Some posters here we're guessing later December or maybe January for that. If that drops midway between 3.1 and 3.2 it might not be so bad in terms of activity. Unless I'm overestimating the interest in a new relic.

Sorian

Banned

Of course but new people still get into the game at random intervals. With those new people bolstering it, the game will always get back to it's same status quo at each expac and then each X.1,X.2,X.3, etc. will have less and less returners until it pops back up at the next X.0. Not surprising at all.

Also, you need to take however long you think it will take for you to get bored and add a 3-4 weeks to that to get a good estimate of when the server will start feeling "dead" again.

Edit: ^That's a good point too. Relic always calls people back since it is the strongest casual option and although I hate it, it dropping at 3.15ish time is going to bolster this patch a lot.

Tabris

Of course but new people still get into the game at random intervals. With those new people bolstering it, the game will always get back to it's same status quo at each expac and then each X.1,X.2,X.3, etc. will have less and less returners until it pops back up at the next X.0. Not surprising at all.

But it's not getting back to the same status quo.

Take the time between 2.5 and 3.0 and the time between 3.0 and 3.1. The game is more dead now then it was before the expansion pack at it's lowest moment.

It's natural for MMO attrition to happen, especially when an expansion pack doesn't revitalize the game. We're seeing it in action.

Top Bottom