• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Xux

Oh, I'm off on patch day. Should be fun doing stuff blind.

Maybe I should get my Vanu Vanu daily quests done first in case the servers crash.

Or maybe I'll just log out where the Void Ark quest giver is and do that.

Omni

What's up with these guys?

80Q9VP.png

Clearly bots. But I counted 14 of them in one area and they were all level 50. No free companies or anything. Plus they were using the duty finder for some reason.... Super weird.

Squishy3

80Q9VP.png

Clearly bots. But I counted 14 of them in one area and they were all level 50. No free companies or anything. Plus they were using the duty finder for some reason.... Super weird.
Bots don't do instances without other bots.

Oh, I'm off on patch day. Should be fun doing stuff blind.

Maybe I should get my Vanu Vanu daily quests done first in case the servers crash.

Or maybe I'll just log out where the Void Ark quest giver is and do that.
I'll probably log out at the Void Ark questgiver and then go do Vanu Vanu quests while I either wait for people in my FC to want to do Void Ark or for the queue to pop.

rubius01

80Q9VP.png

yeah, those are the rmt bots. they can position hack a dungeon and make the gil that they sell. And i guess BLM is they shortest/easiest class to level, with the best skillset to make gil?

MrHoot

For some reason I decided to continue my relic weapon quests (for glamour/achievement sake and get a little head start for the next one)

Compared to the rest of the game, these things make me want to die (I'm on book 6 out of 9 now)

Onyar

I just bought the heavensward expansion without reading anything required to access there and god, this is frustating, a lot of missions to go over and a lot of grinding to do just to try the new story. I feel punished for leaving the game at the point when the story ended, I really was not interested to do the dungeons, but I guess I have no other way now. I feel there should be another way to access the new areas without all the grinding.

Omni

yeah, those are the rmt bots. they can position hack a dungeon and make the gil that they sell. And i guess BLM is they shortest/easiest class to level, with the best skillset to make gil?
Oooh okay. They had Bards too! I actually find it rather creepy, haha.

I just bought the heavensward expansion without reading anything required to access there and god, this is frustating, a lot of missions to go over and a lot of grinding to do just to try the new story. I feel punished for leaving the game at the point when the story ended, I really was not interested to do the dungeons, but I guess I have no other way now. I feel there should be another way to access the new areas without all the grinding.

What else do you need to do after finishing the (2.5?) story quests?

Guess Who

Banned
BLM does seem to be the most common RMT bot class. I remember I was leveling my BLM up and at one of the level 40ish job quests I came upon a whole gang of like two dozen of them all doing the job quest I was on.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
BLM does seem to be the most common RMT bot class. I remember I was leveling my BLM up and at one of the level 40ish job quests I came upon a whole gang of like two dozen of them all doing the job quest I was on.

Infinite resources and a simpler rotation makes it a good choice for botting.

Mattiator

Soooo I have played the PS4 version for a little over a year and I have wanted to move to PC also (not take up the tv or play on vita). I seen the boxed edition of Heavesward for 26.99 today purchased it ( I'm in Canada), I am wondering before I open it, will the boxed ver work with the steam ver of FFXIV ARR or do i have to find a boxed ver of FFXIV ARR or possibly the Amazon U.S code or does the mogstation allow you to purchase ARR.

Thanks for any advice!

Sorry I didn't explained it well, I leaved the game just after 2.0 story, even didn't started the 2.1 story. Yeah I know.

Ya I did the same thing, and it took me a couple weeks to get caught up, however, it's worth it you will have a great time with the new content.

Ugh, just had a seal match where we were winning by like 30 near the end and we had 2 A's in the south. We were fighting over the 3rd node (which was also an A) with the adders who were in 2nd for no reason and started dying. Then the flames attacked and took 1 of our south nodes and adders won. People tunnel so hard.
Edit: Also to the post ^ me, The adders premade is apparently from Sarg, they ride around on Fat chocobos so everyone knows it's them, at least that's what I've been told.

Well thats good to know. Usually when they pop I'll switch to PLD and hopefully Hallowed Ground will be off CD to prevent being decimated by 5+ Cometeor.

Badders infect everything they touch. Its no wonder you lost.

Or when the other GC that isn't in first decides to keep attacking the person in 3rd instead of the person in 1st and killing their battle high players

drag them down to your level, let the person in last place help you drag them down, then turn on them once the GC in 1st place is brought down
Sounds like Badders.

Squishy3

Well thats good to know. Usually when they pop I'll switch to PLD and hopefully Hallowed Ground will be off CD to prevent being decimated by 5+ Cometeor.

Badders infect everything they touch. Its no wonder you lost.

Sounds like Badders.
I'm on Badders and I've seen both Mael/Flames do this where they attack the person in last or second instead of the person in first that has the node that'll win them the game

Leunam

How do you guys feel about marking mobs in dungeons? I've never done it and I don't lose hate in packs much and I get by just fine because I cycle between mobs. But an FC member marks his mobs up to 3 and gets upset when people don't attack the mobs in order because he eventually loses hate on the mob that isn't priority.

Wilsongt

How do you guys feel about marking mobs in dungeons? I've never done it and I don't lose hate in packs much and I get by just fine because I cycle between mobs. But an FC member marks his mobs up to 3 and gets upset when people don't attack the mobs in order because he eventually loses hate on the mob that isn't priority.

I do it on low level dungeons.

Demoskinos

Black mages are the class the easiest to macro. Infinite MP.

SkyOdin

I mark mobs every time I run any 4-man dungeon. I've been doing it since I started out as a tank at launch, and I've never really stopped. I am good enough at marking now that I can do it without slowing or stopping down my movement, and at the very least it doesn't hurt. I don't actually care too much if people attack off-mark, since I am used to people ignoring the marks and I can just adjust if that happens. I mainly do it for the sake of the DPS who might be more comfortable when there are marks. I for one find it easier to know what enemy to attack as a DPS if there are marks up.

I generally just find that things go slightly more smoothly when I use marks compared to otherwise. It at least puts everyone on the same page. They aren't essential, but some people might just find them helpful.

Sifl

Mael is apparently tired of the Aether Adders shit, because several matches I've played today the leader has given the order to not worry about winning and kill the Adders because "**** them"

Yukianesa

Neo Member
I find it a bit cumbersome to mark enemies, especially in high-level dungeons where you're pulling large groups. Keeping aggro is easy so there's really no need to mark enemies anyway. Some players might even get a little bit too confrontational if you do mark - they don't like being told how to do their jobs or something.

I should join the UltrosGAF FC. I've flown solo since I started playing a few months ago, but it would be nice to have a steady group of players I can rely on.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Mael is apparently tired of the Aether Adders shit, because several matches I've played today the leader has given the order to not worry about winning and kill the Adders because "**** them"
lolAdders is a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point when two other teams pick on Adder at their own peril then whine on forums

docbon

PVP matches are matchmade against anonymous opponents selected from a pool of 8-13 different servers, depending on the data center.

But players still manage to create elaborate head canons where the other teams are frequently and actively colluding to defeat their team. Probably one of the funnier things I've seen people get legitimately worked up about, tbh. Especially when it spills over into the forums in the form of accusations and weird diatribes.

People are sure taking PvP oddly seriously in this game. You guys must really be bored.

When the only other thing to do is bang your head against A3S (or A4S for some) for the umpteenth week (in our case going on 13), PVP is a way to take out your frustration. I'm sick of that fight, I don't care if I get a carry at this point, I just want it to end. I don't have anything else I want out of that fight anymore.

Wilsongt

So Sky pirate gear is craftable. Nice. All I need to do is get my control up a bit more and I should be able to make it soon.

Thorden Weapons are 205, so people won't bitch about them being better than Alex weapons.

Pegasus Whistle - A small opaline ocarina that, when played, emits a rainbow of sound that summons forth Pegasus.

Doesn't say how to get it. FML.

Ken

Heavens' Ward Helm Fragment Miscellany A small piece of steel salvaged from a helm worn by one of the Heavens' Ward.

Thordan Barding item? Where's the weapon tokens or do they not list those.

Top Bottom