• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Zomba13

Isn't Yda's outfit like just... stock stuff?

Most of the Scions stuff is stock stuff. Like, they don't have cool, interesting clothing items like Minfillia or Y'shtola HW.

Or if it isn't stock stuff it's slight variation on stock stuff that doesn't look that great.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
CTRL-f Krile outfit

200% sad

image.php

No block hit requirement, but apparently it still has the block proc too. So it's like a weak reprisal.

I don't think it will be that bad if it doesn't cost TP like Circle of Scorn/Spirits Within/(I don't think Reprisal costs MP or TP IIRC).

I read on reddit that if it still costs TP then Paladins will run out even faster than they do now, which seems to me the opposite of what they've claimed to be doing with their TP adjustments for this patch.

EDIT: They said it's been changed to an ability with a cooldown where as before it was a weaponskill and abilities don't have TP costs.

Xux

I just had a thought. Seeing as they'll be selling main cast armor/glamour on the cash shop, what are the chances that we'll soon be seeing people running around in Gaius glamour?
They gonna wait until after he dies forrealsies after he shows up not dead like Nero in the next five years.

Qvoth

Protip.

Pick up this week's Centurio B rank, but don't actually do it. On Sunday pick up your dailies, but don't actually do those either.

Come Tuesday, do both immediately, than pick up the new ones for that week and do those as well. That should give you a couple hundred extra Centurio Seals immediately, without needing to compete for As and Ss.

you can pick up hunts and clear it on the next week?
that's some next level shit, thanks for this man

Squishy3

you can pick up hunts and clear it on the next week?
that's some next level shit, thanks for this man
You pick em up but don't do 'em, yeah. So do the daily hunt marks from Ishgard until Sunday, and then pick up and don't do the ones on Sunday. Then you can do the ones from Sunday on Tuesday after reset, and finish the B rank as well and then pick up the new daily ones and the new weekly B rank.

This will also apply to Beast Tribe quests, you can pick up the ones from whatever Tribe you want on Sunday and not do them, then do them on Tuesday when servers go up and then you'll have new allowances to either do that Tribe again or go straight to the Vanu Vanu.

I like it!

Though it sucks that you can't dye it. >.<

That's the only bad part. The colour is tied to which class type/role the armour is.

Your Au'Ra has an awful case of vitiligo. Might want to check that out.

I like the contrast. The only part I don't like is how the scale parts on the face are tied to the horn, actually I dislike how faces are locked to certain horns, so if you want the small ones then you have to go with a completely different face type.

Regardless, I'm pretty satisfied. I've yet to see one that looks similar.

Why do all the Library sets look the same except for the color and the hats?

I guess so you can tell what class type it is? I'd rather they just let you dye it regardless, it's pretty lame that you're locked to a particular colour but it still looks good imo.

Qvoth

You pick em up but don't do 'em, yeah. So do the daily hunt marks from Ishgard until Sunday, and then pick up and don't do the ones on Sunday. Then you can do the ones from Sunday on Tuesday after reset, and finish the B rank as well and then pick up the new daily ones and the new weekly B rank.

cool, thanks for the explanation :>

AwShucks

Well shit, watching the 2.55 credits. Not much else to say other than the last 50 minutes was a hell of a ride. Some awesome cutscenes in there. It's crazy how much story there is in this game.

I'm taking a break before playing HW due to StarCraft 2 and Fallout 4 next week. I've basically been playing this and Rocket League only for two months. Almost all my free time has been FF14 story (which isn't much given job and family). Hoping a month or two break will get me even more excited to get back to it for HW.

More people should play this game. Who cares about the mmo aspect, it's just a good game.

Really beginning to hate Badders on Aether. They never win but they get to decide matches because the moment you aggro them they're just retards that won't give up and go cap nodes. Nope we gotta sit here and make sure that this one side DOES NOT WIN.

Omni

Ugh. Why don't tanks use cool downs during ridiculous pulls? Too many just think they're invincible. It annoys me

Sifl

Really beginning to hate Badders on Aether. They never win but they get to decide matches because the moment you aggro them they're just retards that won't give up and go cap nodes. Nope we gotta sit here and make sure that this one side DOES NOT WIN.
I'm assuming you're Mael? Every match on aether consists of Adders feeding Flames continuously and the Flames winning every match unless Mael plays aggressively. After Flames are done with the Badders they usually roll in and slaughter us because we sit around and play it safe. At first I thought the matches were fixed, now I just think the Adders are really stupid.

Zakalwe

Banned
No block hit requirement, but apparently it still has the block proc too. So it's like a weak reprisal.

What do you mean no block hit required but it has the block proc too?

You can either wait 15 seconds or get lucky with a bloc proc and use it right away again?

WolvenOne

So, when they finally get around to pony farming 2.0, what mount would you like to see them endlessly reskin?

I'm kinda leaning towards the Naul mount myself. Both because it'd be relatively simple, and because they could double dip and use the new mount skins in dungeuns or as adds or whatnot.

WolvenOne

XD

If they can make it fly, sure. Goobue with a jet pack maybe?

Btw, I think I figured our a simple solution for the games inventory issues, buuut I somehow doubt we'll see it implemented.

Basically, if you get the achievement for clearing pre-Heavensward raids ten times, the coils, crystal tower, etc. You unlock the ability to purchase raid armor from the calamity salvager. That way you don't have to keep that armor in your armory chest just to retain the ability to glamour it at some future date. Since the game tracks your Achievements anyway, this shouldn't take any additional server space at all.

Of course, a full set will be somewhat expensive and you would maybe need to lower the trade in value for seals, but it should work without causing any real problems.

Ayumi

Ugh.

I was dumb enough to forget to remove my token app before replacing my iPhone.
So I can't get into my account anymore, as I don't even have the Emergency Removal Password.

Sent a ticket, and of course, it's weekend and customer service is not open.

I'm assuming you're Mael? Every match on aether consists of Adders feeding Flames continuously and the Flames winning every match unless Mael plays aggressively. After Flames are done with the Badders they usually roll in and slaughter us because we sit around and play it safe. At first I thought the matches were fixed, now I just think the Adders are really stupid.

Nah I'm Flames. It happened quite a few times last night capping the beach node, and then the lighthouse followed by the cliff next to the light house. There were clearly nodes RIGHT next to their spawn, and yet it was just a vendetta of them coming at us. We'd push back and they'd just fold like a house of cards.

Mael was practically going unchallenged. They wouldn't leave us alone until Mael decided to go in on the feeding frenzy and pincer Adder as well.

The only time Badders really pose a challenge is when the Gilgamesh premade comes out to play. I think their on Gilgamesh anyway. Its either that or Faerie. Otherwise Badders are just dumb.

Sifl

Ugh, just had a seal match where we were winning by like 30 near the end and we had 2 A's in the south. We were fighting over the 3rd node (which was also an A) with the adders who were in 2nd for no reason and started dying. Then the flames attacked and took 1 of our south nodes and adders won. People tunnel so hard.
Edit: Also to the post ^ me, The adders premade is apparently from Sarg, they ride around on Fat chocobos so everyone knows it's them, at least that's what I've been told.

Squishy3

Yeah, the tunneling is real in PvP.

Nothing quite like seeing half of your team fighting adders at the bottom of the map when they can't even take any nodes there.
Or when the other GC that isn't in first decides to keep attacking the person in 3rd instead of the person in 1st and killing their battle high players

drag them down to your level, let the person in last place help you drag them down, then turn on them once the GC in 1st place is brought down

Top Bottom