• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

SkyOdin

whats up with all the bots advertising their real money to currency and always pming me? any time i try to target them the game tells me it can't find them. i've been adding bots to my blacklist non stop cause if i jsut ignore them they'll just keep pming me

It is a frustrating but inevitable aspect of being in a popular MMO these days. It has been like that since the launch of the game. It has improved somewhat over time. In the early days, the bots would spam /shouts in the main towns so fast you couldn't see anything else.

The good news is that the devs are working on a new reporting tool that might help make it easier for players to report and hopefully silence the gilspam bots. Supposedly it is coming in the next major patch.

lvl 18, i did a story mission where i traveled to two other lands, i met the white cat lady and the big meat head guy. Also got my first minion, a mini airship.

you and i will be together soon, my sweet mount chocobo.

Redx508

Maybe it will drop tomorrow.

70e177d982b9656dee47ccd32a020ed45459bce6e979354e6a15220eb7de8d5b.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
whats up with all the bots advertising their real money to currency and always pming me? any time i try to target them the game tells me it can't find them. i've been adding bots to my blacklist non stop cause if i jsut ignore them they'll just keep pming me
You can just turn off the notifications in the settings. Blacklist is for the stalkers.

Redx508

if you're on pc you can use the Guildwork Client it has a Chat Filter you can block words the bots use

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Anyone have experience contacting Squenix support? I accidentally registered the collectors edition as seperate service and want to combine with my main account but i need to call them.
Dude. You're poor.

Diversify your business.
If i make half a million a week what else do I need to buy? I aint got the time to make alts and hire extra retainers when Im still levelling marauder.
People trafficking coke was like 2.0 gil trade.
I thought that was allagan leather?

Wilsongt

24 man raids are becoming nearly unplayable with the amount of lag going on. Normal instances are okay... But even then I am getting lag. Augh. Fix your shit, Square-Enix.

3.4 better be very amazing.... FFXV is officially delayed. I need something to stall time for that. My backlog... and unfortunately FFXIV as I'm rather addicted to it... just when I wanted a break.

I don't know. I spent so much time grinding for it that I forgot there are other things to do in this game.

Right now I'm just taking it easy, and hoping I never end up doing something like that again.

Welp, so much for wanting to give A8S a spin this tier still, my static is probably donezo for the third time since our SCH suddenly decided he's bored of the game and isn't resubbing.

Apoptomon

Granted, I've only made a few forays so this may not be a fair assessment, but matched PoTD parties seem like they can be almost hilariously uncoordinated.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If you've never played an MMO in your life, how hard is this to get into?
Is it easy to play solo if you don't know anyone else that plays?

JORMBO

Darkness no more

It's not too complicated. You can use the duty finder if you don't know anyone. It automatically matches you with people and creates parties for group content.

Xux

So, how're the new Hildebrand quests? Is Palace of the Dead any fun? Is the second Alexander normal part any good? How 'bout the second big raid?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
If you end up in a party of two blm, you can pretty much just forfeit your winnings.
I just finished the last one today. Has some good and funny humour as usual.
The maderville mammet confirms that there will be a time mage class in 4.0.
This was my first real mmo after runescape and its really great. Plays similar to warcraft if you tried that.
We also have the gaf group who are experienced with running 2.0 raids.

Jaeyden

So, how're the new Hildebrand quests? Is Palace of the Dead any fun? Is the second Alexander normal part any good? How 'bout the second big raid?

Personally, I think Alex Midas is the funnest raid they've made by miles. Weeping City is good, definitely a step up in the difficulty department from Void Ark but more fun than Void Ark also.

Top Bottom