• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I now have over a million gil. And its all thanks to my perfect plan.
First you get the coke, then you get the power, then you get the gil, and then you get the women.
but not the coeurl kind.

aember

Finally finished 3.0 last night! It was a long and exciting journey, really enjoyed the story stuff and the dungeons.

Now it's time for the 3.0 updates!

Omni

Bit late to the party but

1MeUUdq.jpg

Gordias weapons are so amazing looking. I finally got the DRK sword yesterday. Have the WHM cane, AST globe and Bard bow too. Too bad the Midas ones look like trash for the most part o.o

Finally got a weapon from the PotD...took like 8 clears to get the darn thing, doubt I'll bother getting a second. Might use it at least for some quick exp though.

Valonquar

Finally got a weapon from the PotD...took like 8 clears to get the darn thing, doubt I'll bother getting a second. Might use it at least for some quick exp though.

One thing that helps getting weapons way faster is to use both slots and alternate. So do floor 1~10 in slot 1, then 1~10 slot 2, then 11~20 in slot 1, and then 11~20 slot 2. That way you keep your armor/weapon levels closer to the zone maxes and don't waste the 41~50 runs on stuff you could get on much lower floors.

I'm on my 4th weapon now, but nearly done with the place anyhow. 3 more runs for last minion & I'll have all the goodies. Considering just leaving myself at 30/30 to be prepped for when they add more floors.

Quick question, checking google, currently the game is on the 2nd wing of Alexander and 2nd 24man raid correct? Assuming they stick to the usual plan, that means 2 more major patches(3rd alexander then 3rd 24man catchup) before expansion sometimes later? I need to pick this up again and catch up some before the expansion so trying to figure out when I'm going to do that and set a date of sorts, but first need to figure out approximatively how much time I have.

Redx508

Quick question, checking google, currently the game is on the 2nd wing of Alexander and 2nd 24man raid correct? Assuming they stick to the usual plan, that means 2 more major patches(3rd alexander then 3rd 24man catchup) before expansion sometimes later? I need to pick this up again and catch up some before the expansion so trying to figure out when I'm going to do that and set a date of sorts, but first need to figure out approximatively how much time I have.

yep the 3rd alex is next than the 3rd 24man if is the usual plan

Squishy3

and if it follows arr structure another content update with the setup to lead into the next expansion

that hopefully doesn't have us being exiled again

and if it follows arr structure another content update with the setup to lead into the next expansion

Was there one more? Can't remember. Was it the Odin patch? Anyway thanks for the answers that's what I thought, seems I still have plenty of time to figure out when to pick the game up for a few months again.

Squishy3

Was there one more? Can't remember. Was it the Odin patch? Anyway thanks for the answers that's what I thought, seems I still have plenty of time to figure out when to pick the game up for a few months again.
I don't remember when the Odin duty got added in but the conclusion of ARR was in 2.55 (Steps of Faith, the huge amount of cutscenes, etc.)

AgeEighty

Nah, they've been strongly hinting that it'll involve
the liberation of Ala Mhigo from the Empire.

Patch 2.5 was split into three main parts. 2.5 had Part 1 of the Before the Fall storyline, World of Darkness, and Odin. 2.51 basically just had the Gold Saucer and the Zeta step in the relic quest. 2.55 had Part 2 of the BtF storyline that closed out ARR.

ebil

I think it's relatively safe to expect patch 3.4 late September/Early October, patch 3.5 around february and 4.0 late Spring, give or take a few weeks because delays.

3.5 should be the ideal time to catch up and do all of Alexander and Shadow of Mhach.

Wilsongt

Props to YoshiP's group for implementing some more amazing 1.0 music, even if it is in Palace of the Dead. I would hope that the next part it drops the music.

Allard

30/29

I'm not running 50 floors again ;_;

You can potentially get the final upgrade even on floor 1-10, if you are truly unlucky you won't get it till the final boss, but I got my 30/30 last week on my 3rd weapons on floor 4. Its just rarer then on floor 41-50.

Edit: as for the discussion on patches. Think we might be at the mercy of the PR team it feels like. Last Yoshida interview kinda hinted the story lead up to 4.0 would also coincide around the dates/info of the fanfests. We already know 3.4 producer letter part 2 will be during TGS which means it won't be coming out till after September 20th. What I think is going to happen is 3.4 will come out two weeks before fanfest and 3.4 story will only give us a teaase at the true direction of the expansion leading into fanfest to get people excited at the announcement (more than they already are) but only giving just enough away that it doesn't step on the toes of 3.5 update story content which leads into the second fanfest, and finally a part 1 or 2 for 3.5 after the final fanfest. He already said that was the idea for future story content and the details that would be given at each fanfest. You learned more about the expansion as the story allowed, but you also wouldn't get that story till it was closer to the next fanfest.

Still running Pharos HM/Arboretum everyday for hours and no NIN coat in sight.

Just got 3 DRG coats in a row.

I'm beginning to think there's a bug and the NIN coat isn't actually possible to get anymore.

Wagram

Logged in for the first time in like 9 months or so to see what my old house looked like. The bastards butchered it, but then again for 120m I suppose they earned that right.

....bastards.

Omni

Man. So I have female human character in XIV. Posted screenshots here before. Don't RP or anything like that but I prefer the way they look. Plus glamour is fun. Dunno if that's weird >.>

Anyway, I've been playing with some people for a few months and they've been calling me by my character's name "Keira". Never shared my real name because I didn't know them terribly well. Just went along with it. Yanno, they're just people you recognise on the server and hang with occasionally. WELL it turns out that they've been under the assumption that I'm female in real life because of my character. Found out earlier today and I was so confused.

So now I don't know if they've just been playing with me because of said assumption. Super awkward. Last couple of weeks they've been inviting me to a lot of stuff too. I kinda feel bad because maybe I should have said something earlier. Am I expected to? aaah.

It shouldn't be a big deal. But it certainly feels like it xD

AgeEighty

Man. So I have female human character in XIV. Posted screenshots here before. Don't RP or anything like that but I prefer the way they look. Plus glamour is fun. Dunno if that's weird >.>

Anyway, I've been playing with some people for a few months and they've been calling me by my character's name "Keira". Never shared my real name because I didn't know them terribly well. Just went along with it. Yanno, they're just people you recognise on the server and hang with occasionally. WELL it turns out that they've been under the assumption that I'm female in real life because of my character. Found out earlier today and I was so confused.

So now I don't know if they've just been playing with me because of said assumption. Super awkward. Last couple of weeks they've been inviting me to a lot of stuff too. I kinda feel bad because maybe I should have said something earlier. Am I expected to? aaah.

Nah, man. You don't owe anybody in the game any personal info. Hopefully it won't change anything with your friends now that they know.

Quite honestly, I always assume female characters I meet could have male players until they say one way or the other, and anyone who does not follow this guiding principle is foolish imo.

Teknoman

Nah, man. You don't owe anybody in the game any personal info. Hopefully it won't change anything with your friends now that they know.

Quite honestly, I always assume female characters I meet could have male players until they say one way or the other, and anyone who does not follow this guiding principle is foolish imo.

Well I assume male are male and female are female, but even if I find out, I still refer to them as their character regardless. Keeps things easier that way, but yeah you dont have to divulge real life info unless you want to.

EDIT: When is Firefaire and the Yokai stuff over again?

Valor

Neh, you don't really owe it to anyone to divulge anything about you for reals. If you want to, that's another story.

EDIT: When is Firefaire and the Yokai stuff over again?
Moonfire is over the 26th? Yokai is over October 3rd.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
All of my characters had female names and nobody ever had a problem with calling me by my character name over voip even when the names have been explicitly feminine. People just roll with it I guess, who cares.

I only get upset when they read "Agnes" as French would. (it's not from Bravely Default, dammit!)

So has anyone ever actually seen the Coat of the Ghost Thief (NIN) drop from the final bosses of Pharos HM and Mocianne Arboretum?

I'm on my six day of grinding these two dungeons non stop and I have yet to see a single one.

Only ten billion copies of every other drop.

Ken

All of my characters had female names and nobody ever had a problem with calling me by my character name over voip even when the names have been explicitly feminine. People just roll with it I guess, who cares.

I only get upset when they read "Agnes" as French would. (it's not from Bravely Default, dammit!)

My+Boss+My+Hero+ep01+%2528704x396+DivX6%2529.avi_003303166.jpg

Wilsongt

With a XV delay, at least I can focus more on 3.4 instead. Hopefully that means the patch comes sooner than October now that YoshiP doesn't have to compete with another game.

hello everyone, im new to this game, im currently lvl17. when should i start working on my 2nd class? im a lancer, Im thinking of going for a magic user next.

Kyzer

Banned
hello everyone, im new to this game, im currently lvl17. when should i start working on my 2nd class? im a lancer, Im thinking of going for a magic user next.

at level 30 youll need another class at 15 to pick up a job. you should decide which jobs you want to focus on

Wilsongt

You can work on a second class whenever you want. While you are in your class, you can get a lot of cross class abilities. However, if you want to obtain a job, your class of choice needs to be level 30, and then another class needs to be 15. For example, if you want to be a bard you need 30 archer/15 pugilist.

Started at about 10AM today.

It's now 8PM, no NIN coat.

They seriously need to let you buy this crap with tomes or something because it's honestly bullshit that you can do dungeons all day for 6 days and not get a single drop.

You can work on a second class whenever you want. While you are in your class, you can get a lot of cross class abilities. However, if you want to obtain a job, your class of choice needs to be level 30, and then another class needs to be 15. For example, if you want to be a bard you need 30 archer/15 pugilist.
I want a dragoon. What 2nd class do i need for that?

Village

I want a dragoon. What 2nd class do i need for that?
You gotta have a level 15 midnight maurader

For the most part dragon csn function by itself, however if you have internal release a... i think level 12 pugulist ability, it helps for crits. Other that it does grear damage and functions by itself.

whats up with all the bots advertising their real money to currency and always pming me? any time i try to target them the game tells me it can't find them. i've been adding bots to my blacklist non stop cause if i jsut ignore them they'll just keep pming me

Wilsongt

whats up with all the bots advertising their real money to currency and always pming me? any time i try to target them the game tells me it can't find them. i've been adding bots to my blacklist non stop cause if i jsut ignore them they'll just keep pming me

Welcome to FFXIV.

Top Bottom