• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

Kyzer

Banned
new grand company ranks please god damn its been wayyyyyyy too long

When you've not played for nearly a year and forgot everything about it

I'm lvl 56 DRG - probably will take me a few days to remember how to play lol

itll take about a day to get your groove back, i hadnt played since ARR launch era. and resubbed to try heavensward last month. hit up the striking dummy and get your rotation down again, take a look at key commands/shortcuts, everything else will fall in place

ebil

Alexander the 3rd
Two new dungeons
One new primal fight
New crafting recipes
Main scenario quests

Screencap this
I assume he's talking about the MSQ segment leading into 4.0, I don't think anyone is expecting to be surprised by the content they'll show in the LL.

The only thing I'm really excited about is the MSQ, can't wait to put Heavensward behind me at this point.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I assume he's talking about the MSQ segment leading into 4.0, I don't think anyone is expecting to be surprised by the content they'll show in the LL.

The only thing I'm really excited about is the MSQ, can't wait to put Heavensward behind me at this point.

Well they never really talk what MSQ is gonna be like in previews.

This is like the most conservative expectation ever though, that's literally what has happened at every raid patch :/

I think there was a really recent interview that said Diadem 2.0: The Quickening was bumped off 3.4 further on so I really can't remember anything extra that was gonna happen.

Squishy3

We probably won't get any MSQ details in this one, they'd probably talk about that in the live letter they'll inevitably hold at TGS, along with whatever trials they'd be adding.

Probably get fly-by videos of dungeons, alex 3, etc. and probably focusing on the QoL changes and stuff like cross-server PF.

So far for 3.4 that we know of there's supposedly the cross server party finder, the parry rework - could be pushed to the expansion -, the new GC ranks with a new GC-based dungeon system, flying tank mounts, SMN Egi glamours and the expanded cross hotbar system.

Sifl

I really hope Cross Server pf doesn't get delayed. I can't play for a while because of real life stuff, but if cross server pf doesn't come out I probably won't bother coming back in 3.4.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So far for 3.4 that we know of there's supposedly the cross server party finder, the parry rework - could be pushed to the expansion -, the new GC ranks with a new GC-based dungeon system, flying tank mounts, SMN Egi glamours and the expanded cross hotbar system.

That's 3.5 for sure

Eldren

Part of me is excited for Egi glamours because what if we can use like Ramuh or something, that'd be amazing. But a much bigger and more cynical realistic part of me knows we'll get different coloured Carbuncles and they'll call it a day. Is 3.4 when we're supposed to get the Ishgard GC? Or is that in some nebulous "it's coming later" time?

Part of me is excited for Egi glamours because what if we can use like Ramuh or something, that'd be amazing. But a much bigger and more cynical realistic part of me knows we'll get different coloured Carbuncles and they'll call it a day. Is 3.4 when we're supposed to get the Ishgard GC? Or is that in some nebulous "it's coming later" time?

By Egi glamour they probably mean recolours of the existing Egi summons.

Sorian

Banned
The ego glamours is supposed to be all of the primals in order. I swear yoship said Levi specifically when he gave the 3.4 timeline.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
T'was brought to my attention that in the cutscene you get when your first beat
Edda Blackbosom
what she says in English version is a bit of a misdirection compared to what's said in Japanese, which shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

When she tries to remember how she ended up deep inside Gelmorra, she mentiones that she only saw a "robed figure". Well, that's only if she was speaking English. In French, German and Japanese versions what she was was defined as simply "magician". And I suppose drawing a connection to Ascians from just a "robed figure" is a bit of a jump-to-conclusions moment, but you can't deny it's not a red herring put in by the English team just because they can. Maybe that magician is robed. Who knows. They probably do. Illuminati deconfirmed though. Probably. I don't care anymore.

Ken

T'was brought to my attention that in the cutscene you get when your first beat
Edda Blackbosom
what she says in English version is a bit of a misdirection compared to what's said in Japanese, which shouldn't be a surprise at this point.

When she tries to remember how she ended up deep inside Gelmorra, she mentiones that she only saw a "robed figure". Well, that's only if she was speaking English. In French, German and Japanese versions what she was was defined as simply "magician". And I suppose drawing a connection to Ascians from just a "robed figure" is a bit of a jump-to-conclusions moment, but you can't deny it's not a red herring put in by the English team just because they can. Maybe that magician is robed. Who knows. They probably do. Illuminati deconfirmed though. Probably. I don't care anymore.

Aah, so it's like that, huh. I understand everything now.

Wilsongt

If anyone uses WTFast, could you PM me how to set up? I want to test it to see if my computer is shitting the bed during 24man raids or my internet.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
C7Nav97.jpg

KxczXxc.jpg

The only thing missing from FFXI Summoners was the ability to ride your summons.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
So the only use for poetics when you hit 60 is to buy tons and tons of coke?
C7Nav97.jpg

KxczXxc.jpg

The only thing missing from FFXI Summoners was the ability to ride your summons.
pretty sure the only reason they did that was because areas are smaller and they didnt want team mates mistaking them for primals.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
There are a few uses here and there, depending on what you're into. If you're going to be working on an Anima weapon, you can use a ton of poetics at one step of the process.
But i already got my lightstaff eapon from potd. Guess I might as well get coked out.

Had to change my hairstyle..... because my new glam has like a collar and clips through long hair. It really really bothered me so now I'm back to short hair. Ugh, fix this shite, SE. It was worth it though.... High allagan coat of casting in jet black looks amazing <3

Anyone know what's the best for NIN AOE dps?

Katon > Kassatsu > Doton and should I put up Shadow Fang and Mutilate on all mobs before Death Blossoming?

That seems to be the case for three targets at least.

150 + 440 + 360 = 950

while

300 + 300 + 300 = 900

with 4 targets it's 400 + 400 + 400 = 1200 so I guess 3 targets is the limit for putting all the DoTs on each enemy before Death Blossoming.

Although I wonder if stopping to reapply the DoTs with 3 enemies will be overtaken by just Death Blossom spam.

Jayhawk

You'd be wasting a lot of GCDs putting up Shadow Fang and Mutilate on multiple mobs that in most situations wouldn't be living long enough for all the dot ticks.

You'd be wasting a lot of GCDs putting up Shadow Fang and Mutilate on multiple mobs that in most situations wouldn't be living long enough for all the dot ticks.

Yeah, I just tried it out and when the other DPS was AOEing as well things weren't lasting long enough for all the ticks.

At what point should you spread the DoTs then or is that not something NIN's should do?

Leunam

Been a while since I mained Ninja but if you're going to multi-dot I'm guessing only Mutilate is worth it to do. Even then, I'd probably not do it on more than three mobs.

Looks like I'm going to cap Lore again this week grinding for that coat.

Been a while since I mained Ninja but if you're going to multi-dot I'm guessing only Mutilate is worth it to do. Even then, I'd probably not do it on more than three mobs.

That seems reasonable. A group of 3 will probably be close to dead by the time the 30s is up on each.

ebil

Half my group just helped 4 casual people from our FC discover A3s... and we 2-shot it.

I hadn't been in since the nerfs in 3.2 and it's actually been utterly destroyed, lol.

iammeiam

Cosmic happenstance meant I randomly hit my Lucky Bancho bookmark today, and there'a a new census out. So in case any of you care there are some numbers.

It looks like he bumped the minimum level for active from 21 to 36, but that probably doesn't cover the population shrinking to 507,000 active characters between late April and early August, down from 639,000 in the January-April count. NA activity down from 290k to 219k. Ultros went from 13.5k to just under 10k.

Top Bottom