• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

You can get cash from POTD? I haven't noticed if it gives you it passively...

you get Bags when you find a piece of the Hoard In POTD which you can open at the NPC in Quary mill

Gear ,Materia 5 etc some of which where extremely expensive when it just came out .

A few runs trough and a bit of luck with RNGesus and you could make millions .

even now while the markets crashed a bit it is still very lucrative

Vic_Viper

Anyone know how long the MogStation sale will last? Theres a couple things I wanna get but wont be able too until atleast Thursday.

wamberz1

you get Bags when you find a piece of the Hoard In POTD which you can open at the NPC in Quary mill

Gear ,Materia 5 etc some of which where extremely expensive when it just came out .

A few runs trough and a bit of luck with RNGesus and you could make millions .

even now while the markets crashed a bit it is still very lucrative

Ah, so that's what those haord things are for. I think I have hundreds in my inventory. Thanks, I'll try that out.

Hikami

Tried out fishing in the game. It's decent enough.

It made me realize how much I missed Black Desert's fishing though. You could just craft a boat and take it out into the sea and fish there or stop at some random island to explore and fish there as well.

Heartfyre

I guess data centers are having issues (Primal)? Can't log in.

Yep: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/7fb6ad4bdc3b0165e1b75a36da8a3a360d3e6d0a

We are aware of currently ongoing technical difficulties with the upstream internet service provider for the North American data centers, causing players on North American data center Worlds to be unable to log in or become disconnected from the servers.

Need those last few tomestones, S-E!

Zero spoilers for 2.0

I watched it, but his hamfisted jokes were painful. I love the concept though

Thanks, just watched it.

It's kinda funny cause canonically speaking, it's almost as if the Comet/primal that brought on the destruction of the world in 1.0 is the best thing to have happened to the world of XIV given how much better ARR is.

Also, wtf server problems. T_T Anyone having any luck logging on? Hyperion here, and it's been a total no-go today. My one day off work and class. :/

Thorgal

new Ninja Glamour look .

ffxiv_12122016_235914pysr9.jpg

ffxiv_13122016_0002097xs2y.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Since I had some leftover cash from all my PotD runs, I decided to finally buy a private house.
Grabbed an S one in Limsa and while it's not huge, I really like and can't wait to actually spend some time furnishing it.

Here's some photos of my house I got a few months ago.

Outside: It's on it's own little island. And apparently my neighbors are FFXIV famous and have this very elaborate maid cafe mansion set up off to the left there.
SEezoZG.png

Me and my House
ndOGq7D.png

Top Floor:
Kb3aDKo.png

vtWt9qx.png

Bedroom in basement:
7ViEZgD.png

Y7sVXrc.png

Bath:
iaPR6nW.png

jlmAEpc.png

Cmagus

Is this maintenance for the christmas event? I'm looking forward to getting the christmas orchestrion theme song it's a really nice theme.

I just killed some giant monster near Costa Del Sol, level 50. We were around 20 players fighting him. On his death, he gave me 100 Allied Insignias, 50 of some other type of insignia, and some poetic things. What was that about? And then some people started bad mouthing GAF because we can't "wait for the hunt" or some shit.

Cmagus

I just killed some giant monster near Costa Del Sol, level 50. We were around 20 players fighting him. On his death, he gave me 100 Allied Insignias, 50 of some other type of insignia, and some poetic things. What was that about? And then some people started bad mouthing GAF because we can't "wait for the hunt" or some shit.

Those are hunts and they pop up ever so often. They have different ranks B, A and S ranks, B you can solo, A you may want some people and S is usually swarmed by tons of people and are the most difficult. If it was in Costa Del Sol it was probably Garlok you fought or Hellsclaw but he is usually near Wineport.

FFXIV Hunts Ultros

This site will show you which hunts are up and it's community driven. Poetics can be traded in Mor Dhona for gear and items, the allied seals can also be traded in for items at your grand company. You can also check the grand company boards to get weekly and daily hunts.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ask to join hunt linkshells next time you fight one. They can alert you when they pop and it's a great way to collect all tombstone types.

If you're playing PC, you can also install the Guildwork client which will also give you chat notifications when they pop.

Those are hunts and they pop up ever so often. They have different ranks B, A and S ranks, B you can solo, A you may want some people and S is usually swarmed by tons of people and are the most difficult. If it was in Costa Del Sol it was probably Garlok you fought or Hellsclaw but he is usually near Wineport.

FFXIV Hunts Ultros

This site will show you which hunts are up and it's community driven. Poetics can be traded in Mor Dhona for gear and items, the allied seals can also be traded in for items at your grand company. You can also check the grand company boards to get weekly and daily hunts.

Ask to join hunt linkshells next time you fight one. They can alert you when they pop and it's a great way to collect all tombstone types.

If you're playing PC, you can also install the Guildwork client which will also give you chat notifications when they pop.

I see. Thanks.

So in Mor Dhona, the currency used to buy high-end armor was Allagan Tomestone of Poetics. Once I reach level 60 in Heavensward, will the currency for high-end gear be the same, or is it something else? If it's something else, what is it and what's the fastest way to obtain it?

Redx508

I see. Thanks.

So in Mor Dhona, the currency used to buy high-end armor was Allagan Tomestone of Poetics. Once I reach level 60 in Heavensward, will the currency for high-end gear be the same, or is it something else? If it's something else, what is it and what's the fastest way to obtain it?

At 60 you can get Lore tomes and Scripture tomes. Scripture being the latest one to get your ilv 260 gear. you gain them running roulette,dungeons,raids,pvp,hunts with your lv 60 job. Idyllshire is the new hub like mor dhona in heavensward. you get there doing the main quest in 3.0

Heavensward Progression and Level Locked Content

I just beat Final Fantasy XV. So it's time to get back to this and Ultros and my fellow bros and sisters !

Welcome back!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I see. Thanks.

There are three currencies. Poetic, Lore, and Scripture. You won't be able to earn the other two until you get to Heavenwards. With the exception of hunts. A Real Reborn area hunts do give you a small amount of Lore Tombstones per kill. Just hang onto them.

Keep buying Poetic gear and upgrading it to 130. That will serve you well throughout most of Heavensward (lvl 55 or so). Once you unlock Idyllshire in the Hevensward MSQ, you can spend the other tombstones. You will start earning lore in (I think) all Hevensward dungeons. You will start earning scripture in high level dungeons at lvl 60 and higher ilvl gear.

To give you an idea.

Poetic gets you your 130 gear.
Centurio Seals (The other type of gear) can now be used to buy ilvl 200 (upgradable to 210) job armor in the Heavensward areas. (this gear is pretty cheap, if you cap out the seals, buy early and just hang onto it)
Lore can be used to buy 240 gear in Idyllshire
Scripture can be used to buy 260 gear in Idyllshire

You will get other gear via quests, missions, dungeons and raids, but those seals buy you solid gear for their levels and will help you progress further.

Is it just my imagination, or does my character look like Big Boss and Gabriel Belmont had a baby?

Funny how our characters essentially are the same except for the hair. Haha! You can see him on the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM85H2B3dQA

I made that video for a friend who wanted to see a mount actually flying. He used to tease me that I never got a Griffin on another MMO we used to play(F2P crap, so...) and now I tease him back saying "At least my Griffin here actually uses his wings!" :D

Pachimari

Every time I get back to this game I feel overwhelmed. There's just too much going on. I'll try focus on just the tutorial for the dungeons, but if it throws me at some multiplayer where I need to play with other players, then I don't know what to do.

Every time I get back to this game I feel overwhelmed. There's just too much going on. I'll try focus on just the tutorial for the dungeons, but if it throws me at some multiplayer where I need to play with other players, then I don't know what to do.

I assume that you're somewhere at the beginning of ARR? If that's so then there's no mechanic you need watch out for other than doing what your class' role in a party. Just avoid AOEs and you're golden. If you're really not sure, there's no harm asking your party at the beginning of the dungeon. I'm sure they'll gladly help you out.

Pachimari

I assume that you're somewhere at the beginning of ARR? If that's so then there's no mechanic you need watch out for other than doing what your class' role in a party. Just avoid AOEs and you're golden. If you're really not sure, there's no harm asking your party at the beginning of the dungeon. I'm sure they'll gladly help you out.

This reminds me that I don't even know the abbreviations. What is AOE? Attack on Enemy?

I'm at the first tutorial of the dungeons, so probably still in the start or somewhere in the middle of ARR. I am around lvl 20.

Reknoc

This reminds me that I don't even know the abbreviations. What is AOE? Attack on Enemy?

I'm at the first tutorial of the dungeons, so probably still in the start or somewhere in the middle of ARR. I am around lvl 20.

Area of Effect. Basically if it's orange don't stand in it even if your layline is out or wildfire is up stop standing in it Jesus Christ.

Edit: do hall of the novice that will help you out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom