• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Walk me through getting the most out of the grand company? I've read that you can turn in green and better gear for seals and that it could be a good source of income trading in seals for items and selling it on the market?

Is the idea to promote to the highest rank asap to be able to do this? Is any of the gear good for a new level 50 or 60?

Right now it doesn't seem like I can trade in anything. I've gotten promoted a few times only though.

dramatis

Walk me through getting the most out of the grand company? I've read that you can turn in green and better gear for seals and that it could be a good source of income trading in seals for items and selling it on the market?

Is the idea to promote to the highest rank asap to be able to do this? Is any of the gear good for a new level 50 or 60?

Right now it doesn't seem like I can trade in anything. I've gotten promoted a few times only though.
You can trade in green/pink and some blue gear (usually not the ones at endgame right now). The higher the item level of the gear, the more seals you get.

You can trade whenever you've signed up to a grand company, you just need to talk to the right guy at your specific grand company hq. There is a drop down at the trade window where you can select to see only gear in your inventory you can trade, or only the gear you haven't equipped, etc.

Crafting materials are available to purchase via seals once you get to the higher ranks, but there are a few useful items on the lower ranks like gear (you can use while leveling).

I don't think you need to rush the GC ranks to be honest, they're an accompanying system to help fill in a few holes if you need extra while you progress.

Qvoth

finally cleared a12s....
AU7Amsc.gif

screamed even when it happened
man what a relief, been stuck at 5% hp for about a month

finally cleared a12s....
AU7Amsc.gif

screamed even when it happened
man what a relief, been stuck at 5% hp for about a month

Wow, grats! Would you say it is harder than 11? I know the whole a11s fight right now and well... finishing touches would get us a clear but some people still mess up. It is okay as i'm not a bossy person but yeah I do feel we should have cleared by now. AHh maybe this week.. I really hate the final phase. I could also just clear it by rf maybeeee but that would end up with the static losing a chest and I am not that kind of person xD

creid

IIRC you can only trade in gear once you've gotten a promotion that you can't get until you hit level 50 (and maybe need to finish the 2.0 story too?) The gear the GC offers is really best for when you're under level 50, once you hit 50 there are much better sources of gear.

Bought this on PS4 since amazon has that complete version for 30 bucks. Took forever to download. Go to start it up, oh, there's more to download. Approximately 2345 minutes remaining. The fuck!?

Hystzen

Bought this on PS4 since amazon has that complete version for 30 bucks. Took forever to download. Go to start it up, oh, there's more to download. Approximately 2345 minutes remaining. The fuck!?

Mine was 136 with 30mbs it's the launcher, patches and tons of content might be whole chunks of game can't remember

Mine was 136 with 30mbs it's the launcher, patches and tons of content might be whole chunks of game can't remember

Yeah. I tried restarting and it was going faster, but after like 10 minutes it dropped back to .08mb/s with thousands of minutes remaining. So much for playing today on my day off.

dramatis

You get the game, which is huge by itself. Then you get 2.1-2.55 patches, which is pretty huge, and we're up to patches 3.1-3.4, so yeah, it's going to take some time.

Hystzen

Yeah. I tried restarting and it was going faster, but after like 10 minutes it dropped back to .08mb/s with thousands of minutes remaining. So much for playing today on my day off.

I just left it on while went gym it had maintance today and a new update so going be busy when people log on

You get the game, which is huge by itself. Then you get 2.1-2.55 patches, which is pretty huge, and we're up to patches 3.1-3.4, so yeah, it's going to take some time.

It says it's like 16 gigs. That would take around an hour normally with my internet, not the 30+ it's telling me it's going to take. Their servers are just being shit at the moment. Like I posted above, it's going at like .08 MB/s. Totally fucked.

adversarial

Bought FF XIV + Heavensward two days ago for PS4, was super stoked... then I keep getting the errors [20512][25008][20495] when downloading the 16gb patch from the FF XIV Launcher - apparently it's a widespread issue that's been going on forever with no word from Squeenix and no single, ultimate resolution. Awesome.

Hystzen

Bought FF XIV + Heavensward two days ago for PS4, was super stoked... then I keep getting the errors [20512][25008][20495] when downloading the 16gb patch from the FF XIV Launcher - apparently it's a widespread issue that's been going on forever with no word from Squeenix and no single, ultimate resolution. Awesome.

I had that today you need change network settings of dns to 8.8.8.8 primary while secondary 8.8.4.4 that worked for me

aceface

There's also instructions in the OP for this.

Qvoth

Wow, grats! Would you say it is harder than 11? I know the whole a11s fight right now and well... finishing touches would get us a clear but some people still mess up. It is okay as i'm not a bossy person but yeah I do feel we should have cleared by now. AHh maybe this week.. I really hate the final phase. I could also just clear it by rf maybeeee but that would end up with the static losing a chest and I am not that kind of person xD

the mechanic is harder on a11s imo
but overall difficulty i'd say a12s is harder, even though it's just something that will be dealt with easier once the average ilvl of players go up

That Final Coil flavor

i never understood this, what's the referring to?

KuroNeeko

Hey FFGaf, been a while but I've been playing for a bit on another server, but my FC there is never on or really active in anything.

I'm thinking about coming back to Ultros with my 35 scholar and reapplying to the FC. I have a guildwork account and whatnot, but should I still go ahead and send another request through there first?

GW: KuroNeeko
FF: K'kis Kukuri

Redx508

Hey FFGaf, been a while but I've been playing for a bit on another server, but my FC there is never on or really active in anything.

I'm thinking about coming back to Ultros with my 35 scholar and reapplying to the FC. I have a guildwork account and whatnot, but should I still go ahead and send another request through there first?

GW: KuroNeeko
FF: K'kis Kukuri

i see your name in GW so just send one ingame.

Redx508

CxD3DXb.png
GAF Ultros Starlight Picture Celebration 12/15 9PM EST
xzq6iSt.png

Join us on Thursday for a FC and Friends meet up and take pictures with your Starlight Robe.

we are also having a /random giveaway for a Fenrir Pup!
v3yGuxh.png
and two cash giveaway 500k each!

Chille

Tried A9s again today we got the boss down to 29% think we will clear it on Thursday maybe, supposedly my monk was pulling off 2-2.2k dps which I'm guessing isn't to shit.

Had to unsub a little bit after 3.4 came out due to being busy with classes, however I was able to do the majority of content besides Savage.

Anyway, do we have an idea of when 3.5 will drop or what it will include at all?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
i never understood this, what's the referring to?

Difficulty/accessibility. FCOB was very... let's just say lenient. Best groups killed it right away, okay groups killed it in a month, everybody else cleared it after that if they really wanted to and everyone was happy.

Static still choking in A10S. :(

We're consistently getting to the spinning deathwhirl thing, but the add seems a bit inconsistent in when it uses its 270 degree attack. If it uses it too early, we're stuck too close to the boss.

At least now I have belt AND an accessory. :|

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Difficulty/accessibility. FCOB was very... let's just say lenient. Best groups killed it right away, okay groups killed it in a month, everybody else cleared it after that if they really wanted to and everyone was happy.
Is that why Gordias happened

I can't find this information anywhere.

I'm completing my hunting log for the lancer. I need to kill two 3rd Cohort Signifiers. Do I need to kill them at the area in which the log says they spawn, or can I kill them somewhere else? I'm asking because the log says they spawn in the East Should, but they aren't there. I think they are part of a FATE.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I'm completing my hunting log for the lancer. I need to kill two 3rd Cohort Signifiers. Do I need to kill them at the area in which the log says they spawn, or can I kill them somewhere else? I'm asking because the log says they spawn in the East Should, but they aren't there. I think they are part of a FATE.
Not a direct answer to your question, but I recommend this guide for all the logs. I used it and didn't have any problems.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

You can kill them in other areas for credit. I've been leveling lancer the last few weeks and did the hunt log. You should find them here, no FATE required.

JHN1qVX.jpg

You can kill them in other areas for credit. I've been leveling lancer the last few weeks and did the hunt log. You should find them here, no FATE required.

JHN1qVX.jpg

I've been standing there for the past 20 minutes (alongside another player), and there have been none seen.

I guess I'll try elsewhere if I can still get the credit. Thanks.

Not a direct answer to your question, but I recommend this guide for all the logs. I used it and didn't have any problems.

Hmm, the guide shows different coordinates. There are empire soldiers standing there, but no signifiers.

Yeah, I'm at those coordinates. But they aren't there.

the mechanic is harder on a11s imo
but overall difficulty i'd say a12s is harder, even though it's just something that will be dealt with easier once the average ilvl of players go up

Ah so it just hits harder but a11s is much more strict on mechanics? Gotcha. I can't wait to get to 12, tbh. A11S is just not a fun fight.

Qvoth

We're consistently getting to the spinning deathwhirl thing, but the add seems a bit inconsistent in when it uses its 270 degree attack. If it uses it too early, we're stuck too close to the boss.

the boss jumps to random places, but afaik the add spawns at the same distance from the boss, maybe one of your tank pulls it too slow and it went to aggro the healer 1st so it ends up closer to the boss

Ah so it just hits harder but a11s is much more strict on mechanics? Gotcha. I can't wait to get to 12, tbh. A11S is just not a fun fight.

i definitely hate a12s more, stuck there much longer than i did for a11s for a supposedly easier fight

ebil

A12s becomes somehow easier than A11s when you have it on farm because you don't have to deal with DPS-induced randomness and it's a pretty chill fight. Though A11s is extremely lenient with current gear (I think we cleared with like 6 deaths last week, that was a shameful display) so it doesn't really matter too much.

CxD3DXb.png
GAF Ultros Starlight Picture Celebration 12/15 9PM EST
xzq6iSt.png

Join us on Thursday for a FC and Friends meet up and take pictures with your Starlight Robe.

we are also having a /random giveaway for a Fenrir Pup!
v3yGuxh.png
and two cash giveaway 500k each!

im still waiting on my mandragora minions. where they at

Omni

Is there a good AST guide around?

Think I'm playing it too much like a WHM. And while we're still clearing content, I don't think I'm making the most out of the class.

aceface

It's been awhile since I've done it but iirc the add there can either end up right next to the boss or across the room depending on where the boss jumps. Are you having the OT pull the add to the opposite side of the room right away and having him eat the "in" mechanic there? That's what we did and I don't remember too many problems with the 270 degree attack.

It's been awhile since I've done it but iirc the add there can either end up right next to the boss or across the room depending on where the boss jumps. Are you having the OT pull the add to the opposite side of the room right away and having him eat the "in" mechanic there? That's what we did and I don't remember too many problems with the 270 degree attack.

That was my suggestion to him, myself, so we'll see how it goes on next raid night.

dramatis

im still waiting on my mandragora minions. where they at
You can grow them in your own house now

Yeah, I'm at those coordinates. But they aren't there.
Databases indicate 3rd Cohort Vanguards show up in East Shroud.

3rd Cohort Signifiers show up in Coerthas Central Highlands. I don't have coordinates, only a level range 39-42, which means you'll need to look around at other enemies to get a sense of where they probably show up. My guess is that they show up in the areas 'beyond' Camp Dragonhead to the north and west.

So it took a day and a half to download with slow internet but I'm ready to get back. Im a level 21 marauder with the fire in the gloom quest up next. Any advice on what I can read to get my bearings back? Forgotten everything. I also bought a time card to use after the free login ends. FFXV made me want to play FFXIV again and I kind of went ahead and ordered some artbooks for XIV. whoops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom