• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

So it took a day and a half to download with slow internet but I'm ready to get back. Im a level 21 marauder with the fire in the gloom quest up next. Any advice on what I can read to get my bearings back? Forgotten everything. I also bought a time card to use after the free login ends. FFXV made me want to play FFXIV again and I kind of went ahead and ordered some artbooks for XIV. whoops.
Hall of the Novice

So it took a day and a half to download with slow internet but I'm ready to get back. Im a level 21 marauder with the fire in the gloom quest up next. Any advice on what I can read to get my bearings back? Forgotten everything. I also bought a time card to use after the free login ends. FFXV made me want to play FFXIV again and I kind of went ahead and ordered some artbooks for XIV. whoops.

Right there with you. Took all day to download yesterday. Then logged into my level 32 paladin, looked up some build guides, and decided it was too much for me that late at night, and went to bed. I wanted to just start new and go for a dragoon character, but they aren't allowing new characters on Ultros, so I decided to just tough it out and figure out my old paladin.

Reknoc

Right there with you. Took all day to download yesterday. Then logged into my level 32 paladin, looked up some build guides, and decided it was too much for me that late at night, and went to bed. I wanted to just start new and go for a dragoon character, but they aren't allowing new characters on Ultros, so I decided to just tough it out and figure out my old paladin.

There are no builds and wouldn't it be easier just to swap to lancer on your current character?

Thorgal

Try making a character during off hours like early morning when not many people are logged in

There are no builds and wouldn't it be easier just to swap to lancer on your current character?

I mean like the flow of what skills to use.

Try making a character during off hours like early morning when not many people are logged in

Yeah, I think it's letting people in there now. I'm actually getting back into it easier than I thought for having been away for probably a year or more. Turns out I'm level 38 paladin, not 32. So, I'm glad to have not restarted and lost all that time.

Once I got my hotbars sorted out, I just ran around doing random missions. I'm getting back in the groove.

adversarial

Got it working after 3 days, downloaded it and played last night before bed.

Only level 5. I did the application on the GAF FFXIV website, will hopefully find someone on later today to join assuming it gets accepted.

I'm planning to play Dark Knight, as I tanked for all progression in WoW (BC > Current).

Currently Lancer.

Do you reckon I would have a consistent group to play with? Are Tanks in high-demand?

Hystzen

Got it working after 3 days, downloaded it and played last night before bed.

Only level 5. I did the application on the GAF FFXIV website, will hopefully find someone on later today to join assuming it gets accepted.

I'm planning to play Dark Knight, as I tanked for all progression in WoW (BC > Current).

Currently Lancer.

Do you reckon I would have a consistent group to play with? Are Tanks in high-demand?

Tank are needed for dungeons in duty finder I get 10-20 min wait as DPS but my tank was barely 2-3 mins

IvorB

Why would you even think about starting again? You can just level lancer on your current character...

Thorgal

thought this was pretty great from the forums.

The 12 Floors of Savage

On the first floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
an Oppressor and a resin bomb

On the second floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Two magitek gobwalkers
and an Oppressor and a resin bomb

On the third floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the fourth floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the fifth floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the sixth floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Six robots laughing
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the seventh floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Seven jails jailing
Six robots laughing
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the eighth floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Eight missiles flying
Seven jails jailing
Six robots laughing
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the ninth floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Nine fausts dropping
Eight missiles flying
Seven jails jailing
Six robots laughing
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the tenth floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Ten traps awaiting
Nine fausts dropping
Eight missiles flying
Seven jails jailing
Six robots laughing
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the eleventh floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Eleven Cruisers chasing
Ten traps awaiting
Nine fausts dropping
Eight missiles flying
Seven jails jailing
Six robots laughing
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers

On the twelfth floor of Savage
Alexander sent to me:
Twelve floors of wiping
Eleven Cruisers chasing
Ten traps awaiting
Nine fausts dropping
Eight missiles flying
Seven jails jailing
Six robots laughing
Five large gorillas
Four Jagd dolls
Three months of hell
Two magitek gobwalkers
and an Oppressor and a resin

demonkaze

So me and my brother are coming back again after taking a pretty long break since the first patch of heavsward so we'be only really beaten the main story and was wondering if there's a guide for catch-up and things to do anywhere?

We're looking into trying Palace of the dead too with new classes.

Chug a bottle of fantasia.

Well, my plan was that once I had shit down again, I'd probably jump back to my paladin. I want a tall lady elf of a dragoon, and a fatty paladin. Fuck it, though. Just sticking with my paladin any way. It all worked out for the best in the end. Wasn't as hard as I expected to get back into the groove, despite having quit before Heavensward came out.

Peroroncino

Can somebody tell me why my lvl 1 accessories I got after creating my first character are better than pink lvl 15 accessories I got from second dungeon? They essentialy have the same bonus values, but less attributes (STR/DEX etc.).

Reknoc

Can somebody tell me why my lvl 1 accessories I got after creating my first character are better than pink lvl 15 accessories I got from second dungeon? They essentialy have the same bonus values, but less attributes (STR/DEX etc.).

Attributes are really the only part that matters from an accessory, and most gear really.

You can grow them in your own house now

Databases indicate 3rd Cohort Vanguards show up in East Shroud.

3rd Cohort Signifiers show up in Coerthas Central Highlands. I don't have coordinates, only a level range 39-42, which means you'll need to look around at other enemies to get a sense of where they probably show up. My guess is that they show up in the areas 'beyond' Camp Dragonhead to the north and west.

what house

Foffy

Banned
Hello homies.

I finally caved after 3+ years after playing the beta, and finally bought the game, complete with the expansion.

I suppose my first question is a very dumb one: does it matter too much what World I pick? Is there one GAF rolls with? Is it Ultros as listed in the OP?

I tried getting the trial on PS4 and it keeps failing when downloading the patches. Seems like a common thing, but nothing I do seems to fix it? I started the trial 3 days ago, should I just keep trying?

Level 22 on my GLD. As a tank, when and what subclasses should I level?

If you're going for Pally, you need CNJ to at least 15 anyway, so go all the way to 34 for Stoneskin. You also want some skills from Marauder, up to level 26. I'd recommend trying both PLD and WAR out, though.

I'd laser focus on at least getting the job right away when you hit GLD 30. Your cross class skills can wait at least a little bit.

Hello homies.

I finally caved after 3+ years after playing the beta, and finally bought the game, complete with the expansion.

I suppose my first question is a very dumb one: does it matter too much what World I pick? Is there one GAF rolls with? Is it Ultros as listed in the OP?

Ultros is where most of gaf plays, yeah.

You can transfer later for a fee, so you're not stuck on one server. The duty finder will pull cross-server, so population isn't super important until you get to the endgame and want a static for raids.

Foffy

Banned
If you're going for Pally, you need CNJ to at least 15 anyway, so go all the way to 34 for Stoneskin. You also want some skills from Marauder, up to level 26. I'd recommend trying both PLD and WAR out, though.

I'd laser focus on at least getting the job right away when you hit GLD 30. Your cross class skills can wait at least a little bit.

Ultros is where most of gaf plays, yeah.

You can transfer later for a fee, so you're not stuck on one server. The duty finder will pull cross-server, so population isn't super important until you get to the endgame and want a static for raids.

Assuming I don't want to pay a fee, I might as well start on Ultros?

I'm thinking of finally making an alt, figure I'll use that one and join the neogaf FC. Plus I'm looking forward to really giving another class a shot, I've been dragoon for years now.

dramatis

Yeah, I'm at those coordinates. But they aren't there.
So I trekked out there and saw two 3rd Cohort Signifer in that spot. It's possible that you need to kill a 3rd Cohort ____ so they spawn a different type or something, but they definitely spawn there.

I'm thinking of finally making an alt, figure I'll use that one and join the neogaf FC. Plus I'm looking forward to really giving another class a shot, I've been dragoon for years now.
You don't need a second character to play a different class......

You picked the only MMO that has ever managed to pull me in. I've tried a ton over the years, including FFXI, WoW, and Guild Wars. This is the only one that has fully clicked with me.

Char creation.
I have no idea wtf im doing lol
Is optimization a heavy focus or should i just choose what i like and enjoy the ride?
What im told is I can change jobs at any point?

Char creation.
I have no idea wtf im doing lol
Is optimization a heavy focus or should i just choose what i like and enjoy the ride?
What im told is I can change jobs at any point?

Do whatever; you can't make any wrong choices. You can pick a different job/class at any time (after leveling up a few levels with your starting class).

Do whatever; you can't make any wrong choices. You can pick a different job/class at any time (after leveling up a few levels with your starting class).

Thanks.
And am i able to play with gaf at any time?
Or did i need a specific datacenter/world?
I picked what was in the OP without thinking that may be outdated.

Thought id want miqo'te but im just going vanilla female human.

Qvoth

I'm contemplating getting back in. I was a black mage before, but it bored the living hell out of me. I believe I was around level 36 when I stopped. Any opinions on what the most fun classes arr to play? I felt like black mage was "press this X. Again. Again. Again. Regain mana. Rinse and repeat"

Rogue simply isnt possible from the start then?

Edit i see above
Archer it is then until i can be a rogue

Didn't realize that. Copied from reddit:

Once you have access to Limsa Lominsa and a class at least at level ten, you can do the quest 'Edelweiss, Edelweiss' from J'nasshym in the Limsa Lominsa Aetheryte Plaza. After this you will be able to return to the Rogue's Guild (The Dutiful Sisters of the Edelweiss) and talk to the gatekeeper to access the guild and become a Rogue.

The rather obtuse nature of unlocking the class - rather than being able to access it from the start - is due to the Rogue class having been added in in patch 2.4 rather than being in the base game.

Qvoth

I'm contemplating getting back in. I was a black mage before, but it bored the living hell out of me. I believe I was around level 36 when I stopped. Any opinions on what the most fun classes arr to play? I felt like black mage was "press this X. Again. Again. Again. Regain mana. Rinse and repeat"

black mage gameplay is boring i admit until 60
then you'll come to hate your class
but then soon afterwards you'll like it

general opinion of the most fun classes are monk and ninja afaik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom