• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Encyclopedia Eorzea today but due to a combination of poor packaging and shipper mishandling it's totally mangled. Dunno what to do because I know how bad their customer service is. =(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'll probably get the English EE from a friend attending the Tokyo Fanfest, who'll grab it there for me. I think it's the only way of grabbing the English version here outside of asking someone to buy and send it.

Hikami

I was just leveling my weaver in Ul'dah and suddenly there's a ton of people everywhere. First time seeing a seasonal event so that caught me off guard.

It was pretty neat, sad that it was so short though. At least there's a daily quest.

k3XlpIC.jpg

Omni

Got the healer chest from 12s tonight. DRG weapon also dropped but I don't play melee so RIP.

I waaaaaaant that WHM cane so badly.

Pachimari

also keep in mind some content you will take a long time queuing because they're dead content that nobody does anymore
This is honestly what I am most afraid up. That I'll find instances where I can't progress because there's nobody there to play with.

Ken

This is honestly what I am most afraid up. That I'll find instances where I can't progress because there's nobody there to play with.

i wouldn't worry too much about it. The game has a ton of stuff directing existing players back to old content.

I'll probably get the English EE from a friend attending the Tokyo Fanfest, who'll grab it there for me. I think it's the only way of grabbing the English version here outside of asking someone to buy and send it.

Yea seems so. I wanted to gift it to a friend in Japan and was gonna order from Amazon JP but thats not in English. :( Wish Amazon COM had it so I could ship fro mthere abroad. Its SE store exclusive in NA and EU.

Qvoth

if you're about to do something for the 1st time, make a party finder and put under comments it's your 1st time, it will probably fill up pretty quickly compared to just using duty finder because 1st time bonus for khloe is still something people would want

You'll only have problems with that if you want to do old optional endgame content. MSQ stuff has ways to incentive people to help you.

aceface

Got my Encyclopedia Eorzea today but due to a combination of poor packaging and shipper mishandling it's totally mangled. Dunno what to do because I know how bad their customer service is. =(

That sucks. I'd at least try contacting them or the shipping company to see what they can do.

For me, I got the email that it was shipping on Dec. 7th. But when I click on the link to track the package on UPS it still says the shipping label has been created and that's it. Nothing about it actually being shipped or transit info. Is this normal?

garath

Thus far I haven't had a problem. My highest job is 44 and I've gone through about 75% or more of the realm reborn pre 2.0 content. Longest wait I've had for dungeon finder was probably 15min as a dps. But that was more of an outlier. Average is 5-10 min.

Valonquar

Yea seems so. I wanted to gift it to a friend in Japan and was gonna order from Amazon JP but thats not in English. :( Wish Amazon COM had it so I could ship fro mthere abroad. Its SE store exclusive in NA and EU.
There's a button in the top right of the page to swap amazon.jp to English text. I've ordered several SE things from there before and gotten them cheaper and faster than buying from SE's English store.

Pachimari

if you're about to do something for the 1st time, make a party finder and put under comments it's your 1st time, it will probably fill up pretty quickly compared to just using duty finder because 1st time bonus for khloe is still something people would want

You'll only have problems with that if you want to do old optional endgame content. MSQ stuff has ways to incentive people to help you.

Thus far I haven't had a problem. My highest job is 44 and I've gone through about 75% or more of the realm reborn pre 2.0 content. Longest wait I've had for dungeon finder was probably 15min as a dps. But that was more of an outlier. Average is 5-10 min.

This is good to know!

Honestly, you should be able to get into just about anything regardless. The game does a pretty good job of making sure content isn't completely dead with the roulettes. It might take a while, though, especially if you're playing in off-hours. I think the longest I've waited was maybe 30 minutes for Syrcus.

Pachimari

Honestly, you should be able to get into just about anything regardless. The game does a pretty good job of making sure content isn't completely dead with the roulettes. It might take a while, though, especially if you're playing in off-hours. I think the longest I've waited was maybe 30 minutes for Syrcus.

I think I'm playing in off hours, since I'm on Ultros and I'm in Europe. Although there's still plenty of people on when I was on, and I'm a patient guy, so maybe it'll all work out heh.

There's a button in the top right of the page to swap amazon.jp to English text. I've ordered several SE things from there before and gotten them cheaper and faster than buying from SE's English store.

no i mean the book sold on amazon jp is not in english. I use the site for books and music often in english.

rubius01

That sucks. I'd at least try contacting them or the shipping company to see what they can do.

For me, I got the email that it was shipping on Dec. 7th. But when I click on the link to track the package on UPS it still says the shipping label has been created and that's it. Nothing about it actually being shipped or transit info. Is this normal?

Sometimes it is. Especially during the Christmas season. Its happened to me before, but keep a real good eye on it; this is the SE store we are talking about after all...

aceface

Sometimes it is. Especially during the Christmas season. Its happened to me before, but keep a real good eye on it; this is the SE store we are talking about after all...

Yeah, I'm half expecting it to just show up at my door one day. Or maybe not come at all. I don't know which is more likely. You ready for our visit to chimera town??

wamberz1

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but is there any way to have multiple sets of hotbar keybinds? like through addons or anything? I would kill for this feature.

Pachimari

I'm buying the Corsair K95 this week for Final Fantasy XIV. Now I just need to come up with a nice layout to map all the functions:

Tvp72UC.jpg

Reknoc

Whew boy I've definitely had queues go way over an hour maybe even 2 but that was the perfect combination of DPS, Crystal Tower, off-hours.

zoodoo

Not sure If it is the right place for that but question:

If I buy the base game on PS4 and pay my subscription, do I get all the expansions free? or still have to buy them?

I want to get it on ps4 but want to make sure what I am getting into

Pachimari

Not sure If it is the right place for that but question:

If I buy the base game on PS4 and pay my subscription, do I get all the expansions free? or still have to buy them?

I want to get it on ps4 but want to make sure what I am getting into

You need to pay for the expansion (Heavensward) too, unless you bought the version that comes with both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward.

zoodoo

You need to pay for the expansion (Heavensward) too, unless you bought the version that comes with both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward.

Thanks for the info!

Why is the expansion not for sale on PSN then?
It says: "Not available for purchase"

One more question:
How can I pay for the subscription? PSN cards directly on PSN or in game with credit card?

Redx508

CxD3DXb.png
GAF Ultros Starlight Picture Celebration 12/15 9PM EST
xzq6iSt.png

Join us on Today for a FC and Friends meet up and take pictures with your Starlight Robe.

we are also having a /random giveaway for a Fenrir Pup!
v3yGuxh.png
and two cash giveaway 500k each!

Zuly

I'm not part of the FC but I am in Ultros (don't need the minion)

Is it okay if I participate because it sounds like fun?

aceface

Thanks for the info!

Why is the expansion not for sale on PSN then?
It says: "Not available for purchase"

One more question:
How can I pay for the subscription? PSN cards directly on PSN or in game with credit card?

I think it's because it won't let you buy the expansion until you buy the base game.

You don't pay for the sub in-game or on PSN, square has a separate website set up to manage your sub, it's called Mogstation

Pachimari

CxD3DXb.png
GAF Ultros Starlight Picture Celebration 12/15 9PM EST
xzq6iSt.png

Join us on Today for a FC and Friends meet up and take pictures with your Starlight Robe.

we are also having a /random giveaway for a Fenrir Pup!
v3yGuxh.png
and two cash giveaway 500k each!
I would have joined but I'm about to sleep. And I never win anything anyway huhu.

Great initiative though! And have fun guys!

Jeels

Is the quest short? I should be able to make it from work in time for the event but IDK if I'll have my starlight robe. ;_;

Cmagus

Is the quest short? I should be able to make it from work in time for the event but IDK if I'll have my starlight robe. ;_;

You literally get the starlight robe after talking to two people, it takes maybe 2 minutes. The orchestrion roll and daily gift takes a little longer.

Is it the recommended one? Or the only one I can choose?

Depends on if you're liking how Gladiator is playing really. I found it too boring myself so I only unlocked the Paladin job; I haven't actually leveled it to cap. If you are keen on tanking, your other options are Warrior and Dark Knight, but to unlock Dark Knight you need to reach Heavensward. Warrior needs Marauder at 30 and Gladiator at 15.

Apoptomon

Is it the recommended one? Or the only one I can choose?
Something to remember is that the concept of advanced classes works differently on this game, since one character can be all of the base combat, crafting, and gathering classes. Each base class has a set party trinity role, and the advanced class, or Job, has that same role. The exceptions to this are: arcanist dps can become summoner dps or scholar heals; and machinist dps, astrologian healer, and dark knight tank do not have base classes.

Yeah I took a picture of the damage and sent them an email. At least they replied pretty fast, but all they said was they were "escalating" it, whatever that means. Dunno what there is to escalate.

I'm so bummed because I was waiting for this for so long and now I can't even open it.

As for the shipping, it should update after a couple days. That it's been 8 days is kind of weird.

I've been doing the free trial on this game for the past 2 days and everything so far in enjoyable except the social aspect of the game. It's too fucking quiet and I'm supposedly on one of the higher populated servers (Gilgamesh). This is a subscription MMO yeah? Don't really want to start subbing on a dead/silent game.

Zuly

I've been doing the free trial on this game for the past 2 days and everything so far in enjoyable except the social aspect of the game. It's too fucking quiet and I'm supposedly on one of the higher populated servers (Gilgamesh). This is a subscription MMO yeah? Don't really want to start subbing on a dead/silent game.

Gilgamesh might be populated but it's mostly a raid focused server and everyone is probably speaking in party chat, FC chat, Linkshells, or Tells. I think mid-population servers are a bit more loud in terms of speaking in shout chat. The exception would probably be Balmung since they are the unofficial RP server.

Gilgamesh might be populated but it's mostly a raid focused server and everyone is probably speaking in party chat, FC chat, Linkshells, or Tells. I think mid-population servers are a bit more loud in terms of speaking in shout chat. The exception would probably be Balmung since they are the unofficial RP server.

It's very weird for a MMO not to have area/world chat channels. Guess I'll have to wait to create a character on Balmung or something; restriction is really dumb imo.

garath

There's no global chat like other games. There's only zone specific shouting and that isn't used much. Find a mentor (someone with a crown next to their name) and ask them to invite you to the newbie network.

Foffy

Banned
Man, I feel overwhelmed. I knew an MMO would have a lot of content, but I keep getting the feeling I am missing stuff. Is there any sort of checklist for quests and such for the game?

Also, as the game has three different starting locations, are the characters and plots to all of those truly separate from one another? I started in Ul'dah (which I'm still in at Level 19), and I believe the beta was in Gridania, so I can already imagine the sidequests are different. :p

wamberz1

Man, I feel overwhelmed. I knew an MMO would have a lot of content, but I keep getting the feeling I am missing stuff. Is there any sort of checklist for quests and such for the game?
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content
Follow this, they added a ton of stuff post launch so this is the new players bible. If you see you can do something new you might want to go try it out.
Also, as the game has three different starting locations, are the characters and plots to all of those truly separate from one another? I started in Ul'dah (which I'm still in at Level 19), and I believe the beta was in Gridania, so I can already imagine the sidequests are different. :p
Your starting location makes 0 difference after level 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom