• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

Picking up the game for the first time, anyone got one of them fancy recruitment codes?

If no one has sent you a code yet, here:
Recruitment Code: UJ9PDSJC

I'm looking to start playing FFXIV and I have some questions if anyone can help me. I only have a ps3 right now, I know its not the best option but I want to start on ps3 then switch to PS4 later in the year when I can afford to. I just want to know, do I just buy the realm reborn for 19.99 on psn? I see that on the store and just need to know if that's all I need. I can get heavensword later but can I just start with realm reborn?

Yeah. And here's info about the PS4 free upgrade campaign.

If no one has sent you a code yet, here:
Recruitment Code: UJ9PDSJC

Yeah. And here's info about the free PS4 upgrade campaign.

okay thank you I don't want to sound like a moron here just trying to figure out whats the cheapest option I can start with on PS3 to get caught up then I'll switch. is the free upgrade going to be around awhile? ill be willing to pay later on for the PS4 version, I wouldn't mind just want to make sure my PS3 character can go to PS4 in a year when I have one.

Guess Who

Banned
okay thank you I don't want to sound like a moron here just trying to figure out whats the cheapest option I can start with on PS3 to get caught up then I'll switch. is the free upgrade going to be around awhile? ill be willing to pay later on for the PS4 version, I wouldn't mind just want to make sure my PS3 character can go to PS4 in a year when I have one.

The PS4 upgrade program runs through the end of 2017, so as long as you upgrade by the end of the year, you'll be fine.

Keep in mind PS3 support only lasts until June, though. It's getting dropped when Stormblood releases.

The PS4 upgrade program runs through the end of 2017, so as long as you upgrade by the end of the year, you'll be fine.

Keep in mind PS3 support only lasts until June, though. It's getting dropped when Stormblood releases.

So when Stormblood comes out is that the end of updates for PS3 or does it mean you wont even be able to log in on ps3 anymore?

suzu

You can still play A Realm Reborn and Heavensward on PS3, but Stormblood (and future patches) will only be available on PS4.

And yeah, your character stays with you (on your FFXIV account) when you do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade.

You can still play A Realm Reborn and Heavensward on PS3, but Stormblood (and future patches) will only be available on PS4.

And yeah, your character stays when you do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade.

my character stays? I thought I could start a character on ps3 then move to ps4

suzu

my character stays? I thought I could start a character on ps3 then move to ps4

Yes it moves with you. Sorry if I'm not making sense. lol ._.

For example if you decided to move to PC, the character you started on PS3 will be there too because it's tied to your FFXIV account. PS3/PS4/PC players are all on the same servers.

Yes it moves with you. Sorry if I'm not making sense. lol ._.

For example if you decided to move to PC, the character you started on PS3 will be there too because it's tied to your FFXIV account. PS3/PS4/PC players are all on the same servers.

okay cool, so I can buy realm reborn tomorrow for 19.99 and start playing on ps3 then hopefully by December have a ps4 and switch over? that's my plan

Squishy3

okay cool, so I can buy realm reborn tomorrow for 19.99 and start playing on ps3 then hopefully by December have a ps4 and switch over? that's my plan
Yeah, basically. You won't be able to play once Stormblood comes out on June 20th, but you have until the end of 2017 to upgrade your PS3 account to a PS4 account.

Reminded that PvP can be kinda fun in this game (not touching Feast). Hopefully the Garo crossover means I might finally get the Field Commander Coat (Unless Primal Flames are still pants on head bad)

I looked up a guide for a12s in case we start progression on it tomorrow night and it looks pretty hectic but not as bad as a11s! I'm confident we will spend less than 5 weeks on it.. or at least I hope so since 11 really is the wall of this raid tier. I'm pretty excited to get in there my first time and learn the fight with my team.

Sarek

Would it be worth coming back just to finish Heavensward's story? Don't think I have the MMO grinding mindset anymore.

Squishy3

Reminded that PvP can be kinda fun in this game (not touching Feast). Hopefully the Garo crossover means I might finally get the Field Commander Coat (Unless Primal Flames are still pants on head bad)
From what I've played primal flames are still bad. They're even worse than adders

Xevren

Super happy I finished up the pre expansion MSQ's, heavensward time! Up to 52 on my bard, minuet sure is something else. I miss the mobility but the damage is nice.

Hey all, just got into the game at the behest of my co-worker, and I've played enough to know I want to buy a chunk of playtime. The various online stores are... Confusing, to say the least, and I have no confidence on finding the best deal. So.

What's the best deal going on subscription time? I'll buy up to a year to lower the overall cost.

I so want to do the Binding Coil of Bahmut from Turns 1-14 just so I can experience the whole story and mechanics of this massive raid.

Its just so hard to get a group going from the DF or even the Party Finder.

Anyone here know what's the best way of doing this?

In the party finder, advertise that you offer a bonus and want to do the raids unsynced. That's what I did and got parties going pretty quickly. So just write "bonus, unsynced" in the comments. Don't forget to tick "reduced party" in the duty finder settings though, right before initiating the raid. Players simply don't want to do old content synced anymore; they've done it to death already years ago.

Kattbuss

When does the MSQ start requiring a certain iLVL?
I'm more of a casual MSQ player so I was hoping to skip most of the grind.

Squishy3

When does the MSQ start requiring a certain iLVL?
I'm more of a casual MSQ player so I was hoping to skip most of the grind.
The end of the expansion (the stuff being added in the patch that comes out in 11 days and the second half in March) will most likely require an item level of 220 which is significantly below the capped item level of 270 and is rather easily obtainable at this point in time.

Heartfyre

Yup. The trial in patch 3.3's minimum ilevel requirement is i205. Xelphatol's is i210.

The roadblock I hit while going through the game early-to-mid last year was The Antitower (ilvl 180). I had to spend most of a week grinding esoterics to get enough ilvl 200 gear to let me in.

Apoptomon

Well, guess it's time to glamor topaz carby over all my egi; could be fun.
i sincerely hope no one actually does this, because potential role confusion
someone on Reddit got screen shots of the last few seconds of the trailer.

Omega looks like it will be interesting. Also rip anyone at ground zero.

That blue sphere: Dalamud 3.0? Also one of the soldiers in that gallery is Team Blue.
if the Crystal Braves are back, then I guess Griifin really is Ilberd.
disappointing...

Reknoc

While I love the VA in heavensward the Yorkshire-ass accent they keep using for Ala Mhigans is questionable. Gonna be hard to take Stormblood seriously if they're all gonna sound like Sean Bean.

garath

I spent a little more time in the patch ARR portion of the MSQ last night. I usually do more potd and daily roulette than MSQ lately so it was time to make some progress. Got through Leviathan. That was a pretty fun fight. I doubt it will be as fun without rails though lol.

Am I going to have to do any of the extreme primal raids or is that content too old to bother with? My goal right now is get to heavensward and 60 and gear up the best I can with my casual quality playtime (10-15 hours a week or so). Was originally going to edge Lord it up as a dark Knight too but really enjoying warrior. So much so that I already got my potd lvl 60 weapon waiting for me lol.

I'm annoyed that I can't get offensive stance until I get to heavensward. Locked behind warrior quest. I'm a hair from 54 and would really like to have it and fell blade.

aceface

Nice, triple beast tribe quest! SQUALL GLAMOUR!

Interesting that Omega seems to be part of the MSQ, when they announced it would be the high-end raid for Stormblood. Will they force players to go through normal mode as part of the MSQ I wonder?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hit 40 on my summoner last night. I think I realized that I should probably stop messing around with alt classes in POTD for the time being and just get myself to 50. I'm not in a huge rush to get to end game, but I want to be able to unlock Dark Knight and Mechanist and that means getting to Heavensward.

Cmagus

Trailer looks cool, I know most don't care for it but the new PVP map looks really cool and this time the first thing I'm doing is non stop PVP because I want those mounts. I figure I have about 2 weeks before PVP is completely dead again lol so I gotta move fast.

Thorgal

RIP FFXIV!
again :p

UBkOPgk.png

dramatis

I spent a little more time in the patch ARR portion of the MSQ last night. I usually do more potd and daily roulette than MSQ lately so it was time to make some progress. Got through Leviathan. That was a pretty fun fight. I doubt it will be as fun without rails though lol.

Am I going to have to do any of the extreme primal raids or is that content too old to bother with? My goal right now is get to heavensward and 60 and gear up the best I can with my casual quality playtime (10-15 hours a week or so). Was originally going to edge Lord it up as a dark Knight too but really enjoying warrior. So much so that I already got my potd lvl 60 weapon waiting for me lol.

I'm annoyed that I can't get offensive stance until I get to heavensward. Locked behind warrior quest. I'm a hair from 54 and would really like to have it and fell blade.
You don't have to do the extreme primal raids. However, because the devs added incentives at current endgame to entice players to do the extreme primals, you could get what would be 'speedrun primals', where people enter the instance in a party level unsynced and then burn the boss.

Wilsongt

Nice, triple beast tribe quest! SQUALL GLAMOUR!

Interesting that Omega seems to be part of the MSQ, when they announced it would be the high-end raid for Stormblood. Will they force players to go through normal mode as part of the MSQ I wonder?

Omega has been hinted at since 2.x, and Yoshi even mentioned its story would begin in 3.5.

aceface

Omega has been hinted at since 2.x, and Yoshi even mentioned its story would begin in 3.5.

Yeah I know, what I'm confused about is how they are also going to make it the high-end raid. Will this Omega storyline branch off into the raid story like Alexander and the MSQ's for Stormblood will be something different?

Wilsongt

Yeah I know, what I'm confused about is how they are also going to make it the high-end raid. Will this Omega storyline branch off into the raid story like Alexander and the MSQ's for Stormblood will be something different?

My guess is that since it's a tiered raid like Alexander, they can make it part of the MSQ.

Or maybe Omega Weapon and Omega are two separate entities.

Pachimari

Okay, my goal for this weekend is to get to MSQ 100. I can do this!

I'm probably gonna hate the optional sightseeing log by the way.

aceface

Time for horrible stories from the SE online store!

I ordered an encyclopedia eorzea when they announced a second printing back in November. They charged me immediately and I got an email it was shipping on Dec. 7th. Great.

Fast forward a few weeks and I still haven't gotten anything. When I click the shipping info on UPS, it says that a sticker has been created but the package is not in their system yet. So I send the store an email to see what's up. (By the way I have to send an email because they don't have a phone number, wtf is this)

Finally got a reply back from them today. "There was a shipping issue and the item is out of stock now. We're cancelling your order" WTF?? I ordered this 2 months ago and I know tons of people who have gotten their books during that time. I hate their store, this is not the first time something like this has happened and I would never order from them again except they have exclusive items AHHHH

Chille

My guess is that since it's a tiered raid like Alexander, they can make it part of the MSQ.

Or maybe Omega Weapon and Omega are two separate entities.

My guess is your main story dialogue will change if you run omega raid, as they said already you don't need to run it for MSQ

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I don't know about none of this shit I'm still trying to find Cid's airship in Coerthas and dealing with this noble family nonsense

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Can Frontlines be queued as a group? With no Grand Companies soon and hopefully much shorter queue times maybe we can get a GAF PVP night going.

Vic_Viper

Just hit 40 with my Ninja last night! So close to 50 yet so far lol.

Any tips for getting to 50 the fastest now that im 40? Been doing the PoTD stuff since the dungeon finder usually takes to long for DPS.

Also with the new changes coming with 3.5 to the duty finder, will it be faster for DPS to find a group for dungeons? Will I have to find a party first then search for a dungeon or will the dungeon finder search from all the realms now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom