• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuly

I'm still halfway the Umbrite step for my Anima, and I'm so sick of ARF. I was already sick of it by the time I grinded for my 230 gear and the bad taste is still there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just hit 40 with my Ninja last night! So close to 50 yet so far lol.

Any tips for getting to 50 the fastest now that im 40? Been doing the PoTD stuff since the dungeon finder usually takes to long for DPS.

Also with the new changes coming with 3.5 to the duty finder, will it be faster for DPS to find a group for dungeons? Will I have to find a party first then search for a dungeon or will the dungeon finder search from all the realms now?

Increasing the total pool of people in duty finder is still not likely to change the tank/heal/damage ratio so I'm not sure DPS queue times will get much better. There's still going to be way more dps queueing than tank/heals.

Vic_Viper

Increasing the total pool of people in duty finder is still not likely to change the tank/heal/damage ratio so I'm not sure DPS queue times will get much better. There's still going to be way more dps queueing than tank/heals.

Yea thats what I figured. Still plan on going DK asap. Just trying to hit 50 so I can switch, even though I still really enjoy Ninja. Ill probably end up switching back and forth but main DK for dungeons and end game stuff.

rubius01

Time for horrible stories from the SE online store!

I ordered an encyclopedia eorzea when they announced a second printing back in November. They charged me immediately and I got an email it was shipping on Dec. 7th. Great.

Fast forward a few weeks and I still haven't gotten anything. When I click the shipping info on UPS, it says that a sticker has been created but the package is not in their system yet. So I send the store an email to see what's up. (By the way I have to send an email because they don't have a phone number, wtf is this)

Finally got a reply back from them today. "There was a shipping issue and the item is out of stock now. We're cancelling your order" WTF?? I ordered this 2 months ago and I know tons of people who have gotten their books during that time. I hate their store, this is not the first time something like this has happened and I would never order from them again except they have exclusive items AHHHH

That just absolutely sucks, man. Do we know if they are going to be printing more?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I ordered an encyclopedia eorzea when they announced a second printing back in November. They charged me immediately and I got an email it was shipping on Dec. 7th. Great.

Fast forward a few weeks and I still haven't gotten anything. When I click the shipping info on UPS, it says that a sticker has been created but the package is not in their system yet. So I send the store an email to see what's up. (By the way I have to send an email because they don't have a phone number, wtf is this)

Finally got a reply back from them today. "There was a shipping issue and the item is out of stock now. We're cancelling your order" WTF?? I ordered this 2 months ago and I know tons of people who have gotten their books during that time. I hate their store, this is not the first time something like this has happened and I would never order from them again except they have exclusive items AHHHH

Man, that sucks. I got mine in less than a week after ordering in November.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I was thinking about coming back to FFXIV in time to participate in the GARO collaboration (Simply because I haven't missed a single collaboration) but I just found out the whole event is based on PVP? Dammit who's idea was that? I honestly preferred FATE Grinding.

Kyari

I was thinking about coming back to FFXIV in time to participate in the GARO collaboration (Simply because I haven't missed a single collaboration) but I just found out the whole event is based on PVP? Dammit who's idea was that? I honestly preferred FATE Grinding.

They said at fanfest that there would be undyable versions at the gold saucer at least

Thinking of resubbing. One question: I remember playing heavensword for the first time in mediocre quest gear and noticed that soloing quest content was very difficult compared to the base game. Is that still the case?

I'm a pretty casual play and just wanna grind, not bash my head against an annoying rock because 2-3 mobs simultaneously are murdering me.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
They said at fanfest that there would be undyable versions at the gold saucer at least
That is an alternative but I guess I will have to finally touch PVP despite having zero interest in the activity itself.

Yeah, basically. You won't be able to play once Stormblood comes out on June 20th, but you have until the end of 2017 to upgrade your PS3 account to a PS4 account.

Okay thanks for the help guys. Im now downloading and updating the game on my PS3. Anyone got a suggestion at a class/job? Dragoon I always thought was cool, are they any good? good at PvP? I cant decide a lot of the jobs sound fun. I know I can change class/job but i want to focus on one.

Thorgal

Thinking of resubbing. One question: I remember playing heavensword for the first time in mediocre quest gear and noticed that soloing quest content was very difficult compared to the base game. Is that still the case?

I'm a pretty casual play and just wanna grind, not bash my head against an annoying rock because 2-3 mobs simultaneously are murdering me.

what gear level where you ?

the MSQ pre heavensward ( patch 2.1 - 2.5.5) gives players a full set of 110 gear to speed things up and if you have poetics lying around you could enter HW with 120 gear which would last you until level 55.

Sillverrr

I have PM'd someone from earlier in the thread, but could use a Recruitment Code in case they don't come through, if anyone is willing.

I said I'd never play another MMO after WoW, but I want to feel a sense of wonder again. The only way to do that is by moving on and exploring a brand new world!

Thanks in advance.

I have PM'd someone from earlier in the thread, but could use a Recruitment Code in case they don't come through, if anyone is willing.

I said I'd never play another MMO after WoW, but I want to feel a sense of wonder again. The only way to do that is by moving on and exploring a brand new world!

Thanks in advance.
WJ44BBCT
If you don't have one yet!

Cmagus

I hope they end Heavensward with a nice hour long conclusion like they did with ARR. There is however one burning question that I'm confused about and that is Moogle house or Paissa house I cannot decide.

nan0

Anyone else has a rectruitment code? I played the free 30 days from the Humble Bundle last year, but apparantly can still enter one because I haven't subbed yet.

Sorian

Banned
I hope they end Heavensward with a nice hour long conclusion like they did with ARR. There is however one burning question that I'm confused about and that is Moogle house or Paissa house I cannot decide.

I don't know if this is sarcasm but i totally do hope for this. That whole scene was some great shit.

TalonJH

okay cool, so I can buy realm reborn tomorrow for 19.99 and start playing on ps3 then hopefully by December have a ps4 and switch over? that's my plan

I just want to make sure you understand that you won't be able to log in on you PS3 after Stormblood comes out. So while you can upgrande in Dec when you think you'll be able to get a PS4, you won't be able to play for the gap in time.

I just want to make sure you understand that you won't be able to log in on you PS3 after Stormblood comes out. So while you can upgrande in Dec when you think you'll be able to get a PS4, you won't be able to play for the gap in time.

Okay thank you for clearing that up. From now till June I can still get a good amount caught up and hopefully be ready to upgrade.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Question for a friend: Are there any returning player incentives for people who stopped playing prior to ARR? I have a buddy who played the game at launch and, like most, thought the game sucked. He hasn't played since, but he is interested now that I've told him how the ARR is essentially a completely different (better) game. Is there any like "reactivate your old account for X days for free" sort of thing, or would he just have to make a new free trial account?

Chille

Question for a friend: Are there any returning player incentives for people who stopped playing prior to ARR? I have a buddy who played the game at launch and, like most, thought the game sucked. He hasn't played since, but he is interested now that I've told him how the ARR is essentially a completely different (better) game. Is there any like "reactivate your old account for X days for free" sort of thing, or would he just have to make a new free trial account?

They have free log in events every so often, also the new system with 3.5 you will get an xp bonus for playing with a senpai if you haven't logged in for 40 days?

Squishy3

Have to remember some of the scenes in the trailer are probably part of 3.55 too, 2.5 trailer had stuff from 2.55 in it while also not showing Steps of Faith at all.

Omni

What's a good opener for SMN? I usually do something like this

UEaE5mN.png

But I realise it's not really taking the fact that I potentially (I don't raid with this job and random PFs don't usually wait) have another stack of aetherfloor ready from the start. Would it just be a matter of blowing all the stacks asap?

Nohar

What's a good opener for SMN? I usually do something like this

UEaE5mN.png

But I realise it's not really taking the fact that I potentially (I don't raid with this job and random PFs don't usually wait) have another stack of aetherfloor ready from the start. Would it just be a matter of blowing all the stacks asap?

Here you go: Hai Hai's guide.

Follow it. It is the best reference for summoner. Go for the ED Opener, it is the best one in raid conditions, as it allows you to benefit from all buffs while in Dreadwyrm Trance early (including Foe Requiem + Combat Voice, Battle Litany, Balance and Trick Attack if everyone time their skills correctly). This is the opener that I use when I raid with my static, and the results are telling. For dungeons run, don't forget to cast Miasma II while running alongside the tank, and just go nova on the whole mob pack once you stop moving.

Also, after your first Dreadwyrm Trance, don't blow up your stacks too quickly. You want Tri-Disaster and Contagion up for you next Trance. So, if necessary, delay a little your next Painflare/Fester. Just be sure to never lose your Aethertrail Attunement stacks.

I ordered a physical copy of the game to give to a friend three months ago, order confirmed but it still hasn't shipped and Scalefast are no longer replying to support tickets. Best online store.

Anoregon

You know what kind of sucks? I'm playing the game through steam (as I am want to do) but since I purchased the game via amazon, it is going to show up as the "free trial" on my steam list basically forever.

You know what kind of sucks? I'm playing the game through steam (as I am want to do) but since I purchased the game via amazon, it is going to show up as the "free trial" on my steam list basically forever.
Can't you contact support to get the free trial version removed or something

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fastest way to earn Tomestones of Lore?

I think I can grind a week and ilvl230+ myself, Scripture Tombstones I'll use for accessories, while left side put in Lore gear
Got 2 weeks left to catch up to 3.5, then I'll see if I'll sub for 2 months or not

Also any good GAF crafter here who can help me with at least i250 accessories, will buy materials

Just finished AFR, doing last quest for Heavensward
Guessing Dragonsong kicks in next?

Just wanna unlock level 60 roulette and 50 roulette (been lazy to do the old dungeons, will get go them)

Omni

Here you go: Hai Hai's guide.

Follow it. It is the best reference for summoner. Go for the ED Opener, it is the best one in raid conditions, as it allows you to benefit from all buffs while in Dreadwyrm Trance early (including Foe Requiem + Combat Voice, Battle Litany, Balance and Trick Attack if everyone time their skills correctly). This is the opener that I use when I raid with my static, and the results are telling. For dungeons run, don't forget to cast Miasma II while running alongside the tank, and just go nova on the whole mob pack once you stop moving.

Also, after your first Dreadwyrm Trance, don't blow up your stacks too quickly. You want Tri-Disaster and Contagion up for you next Trance. So, if necessary, delay a little your next Painflare/Fester. Just be sure to never lose your Aethertrail Attunement stacks.

Sweet! Thank you for the help. :)

Zuly

Fastest way to earn Tomestones of Lore?

I think I can grind a week and ilvl230+ myself, Scripture Tombstones I'll use for accessories, while left side put in Lore gear
Got 2 weeks left to catch up to 3.5, then I'll see if I'll sub for 2 months or not

Also any good GAF crafter here who can help me with at least i250 accessories, will buy materials

Just finished AFR, doing last quest for Heavensward
Guessing Dragonsong kicks in next?

Just wanna unlock level 60 roulette and 50 roulette (been lazy to do the old dungeons, will get go them)

ARF and Roulettes.

Man I want that Squall outfit. I'm 90 days away from Cloud attire but that means it's going to be another couple years (unless I buy two years worth of game cards... ) before I get it, I may not still be playing it by then lol.

Omni

ARF

Over and over and over and over and over and over

God damn they need to nerf the amount of tomes you get from that. I literally get it every time I do a 60 roulette. The most bland looking and tedious playing dungeon

Meanwhile dungeons like Saint Mocianne's Arboretum, Sohr Khai, and Pharos Sirus Hard are almost nowhere to be seen. >:|

Heartfyre

God damn they need to nerf the amount of tomes you get from that. I literally get it every time I do a 60 roulette. The most bland looking and tedious playing dungeon

Meanwhile dungeons like Saint Mocianne's Arboretum, Sohr Khai, and Pharos Sirus Hard are almost nowhere to be seen. >:|

I've only ever run Saint Mocianne's Arboretum and Sohr Khai twice. I've managed to get Pharos Sirius Hard about five times.

And I think I've run Aetherochemical about thirty times. So sick of the path up to the first boss in particular.

aceface

Man I want that Squall outfit. I'm 90 days away from Cloud attire but that means it's going to be another couple years (unless I buy two years worth of game cards... ) before I get it, I may not still be playing it by then lol.

Did they say the Squall outfit would be a subscriber reward? The fact that they showed it in a patch trailer seems to indicate to me it will be something you get in-game. My guess would be you get it for mpg in the gold saucer.

Chille

Did they say the Squall outfit would be a subscriber reward? The fact that they showed it in a patch trailer seems to indicate to me it will be something you get in-game. My guess would be you get it for mpg in the gold saucer.

Squall outfit is 1,440 day veteran reward

Allrighty, just became a Paladin!

Should I keep leveling up Gladiatior and\or Conjurer classes?

This class\job system still confuses me!

Ken

They should just do the thing where you automatically advance to the next job and you can't ever go back to the previous one.

They should just do the thing where you automatically advance to the next job and you can't ever go back to the previous one.

Yes, it's a bit confusing this way!

Edit: At least for someone like me that come from Guild Wars, which is pretty straight forward in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom