• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

So uh... AP grind.

I see there's a 1.03 update with items that helps with this? Thing is I don't have the season pass but I do have the CE? of the game.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Omni

Did a few parse runs in A9s today. Our fastest clear was 3:43, which is great. I think. Maybe.

I'm happy with my parses anyway. About 800dps essentially solo healing (Have a SCH that doesn't leave cleric stance at all, though I guess the fairy helps). I almost broke a 1000 on Faust doing the same thing, though that was a bit easier since it's dead in under a minute.

Never really pushed it like that before. Think I can do better though if I met accuracy cap and ate food and pots, etc.

Played with the character creator for the first time in years today.

I'm so fucking pissed each face on each clan has one beard option and there is no ability to mix.

It's horseshit that lala have a fucking better beard than the the one non shitty highlander hyur face option has.

I live me my beards.

ebil

I'm so fucking pissed each face on each clan has one beard option and there is no ability to mix.

It's horseshit that lala have a fucking better beard than the the one non shitty highlander hyur face option has.

I live me my beards.
Yeah it's really bad. I keep hoping for a facial hair (and better character customization in general) announcement at each fanfest, but so far I'm 0/2.

Save us, EU!

I live me my beards.

I will give SE a little slack since this game was originally intended to play on older PCs and PS3 but was delayed so much and the beta had serious connection issues for like six months, though games like Saint's Row and Elder Scrolls had more robust creation options I could tell the dev team didn't focus too much on CC and more on content. The team was small as it is so I can't blame them too much.

At least we get new hairstyles, I'd like to see them add more face and beard options. Offer a free vial of Fantasia every patch (or a slim chance in game like ventures or WT.) so we can test out the features.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Have another question guys! If I purchase heavensward will I get 30 days subscription also?
No, you only get it if you buy the base game.
That said, if you add the base game for a different platform to your account, you will get an extra 30 days (you were playing on a PC, but bought the PS4/Mac version etc.).

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone have some tips when it comes to crafting scrips? Of course, stuff may change in 3.5 but I'm leveling my crafts to 60 and have three left. Looking at the number of blue scrips needed for all of the books I don't have is pretty daunting. Which craft has the best/easiest blue scrip turn ins? Not to mention red scrips. =x

At this point, I'm betting it's too late to really stress over gear too much since 3.5 is around the corner with 4.0 on the way, but it would be nice to get all the books. =x

dramatis

Anyone have some tips when it comes to crafting scrips? Of course, stuff may change in 3.5 but I'm leveling my crafts to 60 and have three left. Looking at the number of blue scrips needed for all of the books I don't have is pretty daunting. Which craft has the best/easiest blue scrip turn ins? Not to mention red scrips. =x

At this point, I'm betting it's too late to really stress over gear too much since 3.5 is around the corner with 4.0 on the way, but it would be nice to get all the books. =x
Don't do red scrips. BAM

With regards to blue scrips, I used one particular hand in to get all the books regardless of class (ALC hand in Noble Picatrix/Noble Something, the other book used by SMN), in which the mats were easy to get and didn't really require hq to reach required collectible value.

You can grind it, or you can do my leisurely "maybe two hand ins a day" method where I eventually got enough blue scrips to pay for all the crafting books.

Red scrips as far as I know are for gear, and you can just get the crafted ironworks sets instead. Getting the mats would probably take less time.

Kyoufu

I don't think I'll pay the monthly fee once my 30 days are up. The game is OK, but a lot of things I find missing or unsatisfactory. I'll check out Stormblood, probably.

Kintaro

Don't do red scrips. BAM

With regards to blue scrips, I used one particular hand in to get all the books regardless of class (ALC hand in Noble Picatrix/Noble Something, the other book used by SMN), in which the mats were easy to get and didn't really require hq to reach required collectible value.

You can grind it, or you can do my leisurely "maybe two hand ins a day" method where I eventually got enough blue scrips to pay for all the crafting books.

Red scrips as far as I know are for gear, and you can just get the crafted ironworks sets instead. Getting the mats would probably take less time.

Sounds good. Thanks! Leisurely is a nice way of doing it.

iammeiam

If you do the GC squad garrison things, there's a bunch of chemistries your guys can get that give you a % chance to get crafters' scrips on successful missions. It's all super RNG on how much they bring back, but they've brought back anywhere from like 20 to 360 blue scrips for me on a successful mission. It's not a ton but it's a fairly hands-off way of scraping together some scrips on the side.

Kenai

I would describe fishing as anything but fun

Not gonna lie. I fell asleep at least a few times leveling it cause I was so bored and now it's my favorite gathering class. It's the only class in the game that cares about what time of day it is and what the weather's like, plus the mooching mechanic is much more fun after 50 when you can start using GP to control it.

I do wish they had been more on the ball with aquariums though. I have so many green fish with no use at all, but I don't really want to fish them up again if they become useful...sucks.

Kintaro

If you do the GC squad garrison things, there's a bunch of chemistries your guys can get that give you a % chance to get crafters' scrips on successful missions. It's all super RNG on how much they bring back, but they've brought back anywhere from like 20 to 360 blue scrips for me on a successful mission. It's not a ton but it's a fairly hands-off way of scraping together some scrips on the side.

Do these happen with the weekly missions or the ones you can do daily? I have some that bring back gatherer's scrips, but nothing crafting yet. =x

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Front line Roulette... 45munute wait, GTFO!

Seriously why even have it on there for fuck sakes
Run 2-3 ARF's in that time frame and be 450 Lore Tomestomes richer

Stuck @ilvl150, now the real grind begins, ARF till all gear ilvl230, roughly 35 ARF runs.
Wish you could earn loot in that fucker

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Stuck @ilvl150, now the real grind begins, ARF till all gear ilvl230, roughly 35 ARF runs.

Do some hunts, get Centurio Seals, buy the ilvl 200 artifact gear, it's super cheap and super cheap to upgrade it all to i210 as well. Then you can get that ilvl up and start doing void arc and weeping city for 230 gear. Hunts will also slowly earn you Scripture tombs (Heavensward hunts anyways)

iammeiam

Do these happen with the weekly missions or the ones you can do daily? I have some that bring back gatherer's scrips, but nothing crafting yet. =x

I've only ever gotten them to pop as a new chemistry to confirm on the level 40 missions; the level of the mission you do with the guys once they have the chemistry assigned doesn't seem to impact scrips returned, just RNG.

Einhander

Would someone be kind enough to post the accepted dragoon 60 rotation? I haven't played in a while, and I lost the sheet of paper I had it written down on.

Cmagus

Welcome to FFXIV PVP! honestly PVP is so dead in this game it isn't worth the time. You can complete a dungeon faster for the same amount of tomes than the time it will take you to get in at this point.

SkyOdin

I wonder how the Omega raid will take place though. Are we going to go inside Omega or perhaps another dimension?
Based on the raid title "Omega: the Bend in Time", I think we are headed to a version of the Interdimensional Rift, the FFV dungeon where Omega debutted. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Shinryu also decides to drop in for a cameo.

And quadrupedal spider-bot Omega is the only Omega. Omega Weapon is a completely different character entirely. Omega is way cooler anyways. The only way to beat it in FFV is to basically cheat, since it will summarily crush any team that tries to fight it legit. It even had anti-Dragoon homing missiles that counter any Jump attempt.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Welcome to FFXIV PVP! honestly PVP is so dead in this game it isn't worth the time. You can complete a dungeon faster for the same amount of tomes than the time it will take you to get in at this point.

PvP queue times should be pretty short in 3.5 in a week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom