• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

Anyone have some tips when it comes to crafting scrips? Of course, stuff may change in 3.5 but I'm leveling my crafts to 60 and have three left. Looking at the number of blue scrips needed for all of the books I don't have is pretty daunting. Which craft has the best/easiest blue scrip turn ins? Not to mention red scrips. =x

At this point, I'm betting it's too late to really stress over gear too much since 3.5 is around the corner with 4.0 on the way, but it would be nice to get all the books. =x

The most common item people turn in for blue scrips is Marron Glace, its easy to make and the mats are easy. You would need CUL to make it.

Personally I do Birch Signums because the mats are super easy to get and they're worth 110 blue scrips each, you need CRP to craft them.I can usually gather the mats in an hour and I got 1-2 books a day casually.

Moaradin

I find it weird that there's still a weekly cap on red scrips. Each patch cycle adds quick ways for combat classes to catch up, but there doesn't seem to be a way for gathering and crafting classes to catch up without spending a ton of money? That's why I always tend to level my gathering and crafting to max but never end up doing any endgame stuff for it.

wamberz1

Okay, this might be a really stupid question, but I want to ask anyways.
Is GCD clipping expected when you use a ninjutsu with 2 or 3 mudras? I'm trying to do it as fast as possible but theirs always at least a fraction-of-a-second delay on my GCD if I try to weave.

Posting again that I'm looking for a raid group!

I'm a MNK on Ultros but willing to PF or RF.

Message me if you have a slot :)

Character name: Fiorelle Laurent

Kyoufu

Okay, this might be a really stupid question, but I want to ask anyways.
Is GCD clipping expected when you use a ninjutsu with 2 or 3 mudras? I'm trying to do it as fast as possible but theirs always at least a fraction-of-a-second delay on my GCD if I try to weave.

I don't see how it's possible to not clip GCD unless you have a solid ping and lightning bolt finger action.

iammeiam

I find it weird that there's still a weekly cap on red scrips. Each patch cycle adds quick ways for combat classes to catch up, but there doesn't seem to be a way for gathering and crafting classes to catch up without spending a ton of money? That's why I always tend to level my gathering and crafting to max but never end up doing any endgame stuff for it.

They kind of did do a catchup thing, but it's on a longer timeframe since we don't get as many endgame crafter sets as we do endgame combat sets. The AF2 non-meltable red scrip gear from 3.0 got bumped down to blue scrips in 3.3, along with the favors used to get the mats for the crafted version of the AF2, and red scrips as of 3.3 now purchase upgrade items that turn the old red scrip (now blue scrip) gear into new, better versions. It just takes longer because while every even patch introduced a new standard for best combat gear, HW is only really going to have two tiers of crafter gear. The initial red scrip/crafted AF2 sets, and the newer upgraded with red scrip sets/crafted IW omnicrafter set.

B.K.

I wish I would have thought to make a character and try to get into Ultros last night when I was up at 3:00am.

Omni

I'm so disappointed today.

Subbed for an A12s group that I saw in the PF. Main heals on AST, so exactly what I'm used to with my static. No problem, right? Apparently not. I've been solo healing both prey targets for weeks now. But today I could not even keep one person alive. Like the SCH literally healed one on his own and mine still died. It was only progression so they didn't expect to clear anyway, but when when I'm letting people die in the first phase it's like eeeeh

I think the spell speed on the i275 AST weapon is still screwing me over as my heals go off SLIGHTLY too soon and then the targets don't have enough health for the third prey hit. And me being the idiot that I am, threw away my Shire weapon when that dropped. So I'm stuck with it. aaaah

Grudy

Was slightly dissapointed to find out I still have to farm seals for the chocobo after doing the GC quest :l hope it doesn't take long.

Ken

I'm so disappointed today.

Subbed for an A12s group that I saw in the PF. Main heals on AST, so exactly what I'm used to with my static. No problem, right? Apparently not. I've been solo healing both prey targets for weeks now. But today I could not even keep one person alive. Like the SCH literally healed one on his own and mine still died. It was only progression so they didn't expect to clear anyway, but when when I'm letting people die in the first phase it's like eeeeh

I think the spell speed on the i275 AST weapon is still screwing me over as my heals go off SLIGHTLY too soon and then the targets don't have enough health for the third prey hit. And me being the idiot that I am, threw away my Shire weapon when that dropped. So I'm stuck with it. aaaah

im disappointed in u 2

Arkeband

Banned
Apparently, the name of the raid in Japanese is "The Interdimensional Rift", so take that as you will.

Following up a robot who can time travel with another robot whose tagline is 'a bend in time' is a major localization fuck-up if that's not what's going on.

If it is what's going on, I don't even know what they're thinking.

B.K.

Four hours and I still can't get on Ultros. It would almost be worth it to start on another server and pay the $20 to move to it later.

klee123

Anyone cleared A11S and plays as bard?

I've been told by my tempt static that my dps is too low, and I can definitely see it since I run around avoiding the attacks like crazy.

Anyone with any tips? Thanks

Is there a point to doing these Hildibrand quests beyond the fact that they're hilarious? I mean, do they actually unlock content like the other blue quests?

Ken

Is there a point to doing these Hildibrand quests beyond the fact that they're hilarious? I mean, do they actually unlock content like the other blue quests?

yeah it unlocks the
gilgamesh and ultros
fights/trials along with some glamour gear + an emote

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Anyone cleared A11S and plays as bard?

I've been told by my tempt static that my dps is too low, and I can definitely see it since I run around avoiding the attacks like crazy.

Anyone with any tips? Thanks

Well I'm not sure what kind of tips you expect specifically for A11S, but usually you first look at uptime - be casting as often as possible, anticipate enemy moves and preposition yourself, which is very easy in this game since it's all completely scripted and utilize the fact that your cast times are only 60% of your GCD. If you really need to move a long distance, either cast Feint a couple times since it's always instant, or just drop minuet for a couple GCDs. Your dots should always be up on the boss, no exceptions. It's better to clip Iron Jaws a little bit early than reapply dots one by one. Make sure your buffs align - Sidewinder and Flaming Arrow should always be used with IR and RS should be used with those every other cycle, likewise HE and B4B should always coincide with Barrage. A good trick to extend the uptime on buffed dots is to IJ when your buffs come up and then IJ again right before they wear off, the buffs will remain snapshot until the next IJ cast. When EDD spawns, put dots up on it, make sure dots stay up on the boss and then Quick Nock them both.

If you have logs for any of your runs it would be easier to troubleshoot beyond generic "keep hitting the boss".

aceface

Was slightly dissapointed to find out I still have to farm seals for the chocobo after doing the GC quest :l hope it doesn't take long.

Please note you only need 200 seals for a Chocobo. Just kill a couple of things on your hunting log.

I just need like 1800 marks, which is like 2 daily but I have been in queue for a total of more than 5hr. :(

If you are stuck in the frontlines roulette queue for awhile, try dropping it and re-queueing. You might have gotten stuck in the lv 50 queue, which will never pop. (also if you are sub-lv 60 don't bother, like I said that lv 50 queue is never gonna pop)

Hmm. 2 hours for frontline queue and still nothing. Seriously?

It seems to vary for me, sometimes it would be instant (where the tally would be 1/1 meaning someone dropped out in a match in progress) or within ten minutes.

Otherwise I've seen 20min-1hr. Though if it's over 45 min I just withdraw and do something else.

eliza0224

I've got a Monk lvl 37 and an Archer lvl 34, but I want to try Summoner now... should I finish up the MSQ with the Monk and then try Summoner? I don't know if I'll be missing out if I keep delaying the endgame.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I've got a Monk lvl 37 and an Archer lvl 34, but I want to try Summoner now... should I finish up the MSQ with the Monk and then try Summoner? I don't know if I'll be missing out if I keep delaying the endgame.
You'll get an EXP bonus for any classes/jobs you level that are lower than your max level job, so you could always go back after you complete the main story. You shouldn't stick to playing a job you dislike either though. Keep in mind unless you're racing to get ready by the next patch (January 17th), you have until June to be ready for the expansion.

I hope you have a level 34 Bard and not an Archer.

eliza0224

You'll get an EXP bonus for any classes/jobs you level that are lower than your max level job, so you could always go back after you complete the main story. You shouldn't stick to playing a job you dislike either though. Keep in mind unless you're racing to get ready by the next patch (January 17th), you have until June to be ready for the expansion.

I hope you have a level 34 Bard and not an Archer.
Yeah I'll give it a bit of try then.

It is a Bard, I haven't been able to shake off calling it Archer lol

nan0

Will I need to buy Heavensward if I buy Stormblood, or is it included? If no, is there a chance of a bundle with both expansions?

Moaradin

They kind of did do a catchup thing, but it's on a longer timeframe since we don't get as many endgame crafter sets as we do endgame combat sets. The AF2 non-meltable red scrip gear from 3.0 got bumped down to blue scrips in 3.3, along with the favors used to get the mats for the crafted version of the AF2, and red scrips as of 3.3 now purchase upgrade items that turn the old red scrip (now blue scrip) gear into new, better versions. It just takes longer because while every even patch introduced a new standard for best combat gear, HW is only really going to have two tiers of crafter gear. The initial red scrip/crafted AF2 sets, and the newer upgraded with red scrip sets/crafted IW omnicrafter set.

What's the armor set called? I just see the same blue scrips gear that was there from the beginning.

Cmagus

What's the armor set called? I just see the same blue scrips gear that was there from the beginning.
It's the ironworks gear set and it's crafted or purchased on the MB. Bothe crafting and gathering have them. There is also the ornate set but that can only be obtained from the WT books Khloe gives you. If you have the gil I'd just go for the Ironworks gear at this point.

Squishy3

Yeah ironworks is the best you can get since it can be pentamelded and is omniclass, but you can upgrade the 180 blue scrip stuff to 200 with Goblin Cups and Dice bought with red scrips (crafter and gatherer respectively) by talking to Grinmox next to Seika in Idyllshire.

y'know kinda weird they didn't make the scrip gear have suremelds for crafters and gatherers when they added suremelds on the combat raid and tomestone gear

SkyOdin

Apparently, the name of the raid in Japanese is "The Interdimensional Rift", so take that as you will.
The odd thing is that about half of the Rift Demons are already in FFXIV.

Twintania and Melusine were Coil bosses.
Halicarnassus is a dungeon boss.
Calofisteri is a Mhach boss.
Apanda is a glorified speedbump in Gubal HM.

It is going to be interesting to see how they will balance FFV references with original material.

Moaradin

Are people still using this site to do their easy mode crafting? I'm using it now and it seems a bit wonky compared to when I last used it, so I'm wondering if there's a new thing now.

Squishy3

Finally got off my ass and finished leveling Ixali. Pretty cool allied beast tribes quest.

Was really funny seeing one of the cutscenes go back to the old jpeg night skybox instead of the 3d rendered one we have now.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The odd thing is that about half of the Rift Demons are already in FFXIV.

Twintania and Melusine were Coil bosses.
Halicarnassus is a dungeon boss.
Calofisteri is a Mhach boss.
Apanda is a glorified speedbump in Gubal HM.

It is going to be interesting to see how they will balance FFV references with original material.

It's time for a tree.

Added myself to the guild works site and sent a invite in game to join the Gaf guild.

Level 33 bard and just working my way through the story

Cmagus

Never again...

ShHe0Gc.png

Xevren

Getting close to 60, still love playing my bard. I love the animation and effect for empyreal arrow for whatever reason. Will say the VA change on some characters going into heavensward kinda threw me off, now I'm reading what happened to Yugiri's VA was crazy sad :(

Cmagus

You know there will be a Super-Bird for gathering all the HW Bird mounts, right?
I pretend not to know. I only have Ravana and Bismarks birds so far. The drop rate on the ponies are still pretty bad.Farmed Garuda the last 3 nights for 9 hours total plus however many random runs I did since its been released. This was in premades as well it took so long for any to drop that the the party disbanded the first two nights.

I pretend not to know. I only have Ravana and Bismarks birds so far. The drop rate on the ponies are still pretty bad.Farmed Garuda the last 3 nights for 9 hours total plus however many random runs I did since its been released. This was in premades as well it took so long for any to drop that the the party disbanded the first two nights.
9 hours?! What the fuck, your group is fucking cursed lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom