• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resilient

resubbed after going cold turkey back at 2.2...
fuck me there is a lot of content, don't know if I have it in me, Zodiac Zeta, Animated, huh, wtf...I've spent more time Googling than playing..

I just want to be back at end game..I'm scared

fuck me there is a lot of content, don't know if I have it in me, Zodiac Zeta, Animated, huh, wtf...I've spent more time Googling than playing..

I would just ignore the relic weapons. Easiest end-game weapons to get at this point are probably the ones from Palace of the Dead. Which also happens to be a very fast way to level up alts at the same time.

ebil

so..no point to fiddling with relic at all?
No. Unless you want an anima weapon for glamour purposes, want to min-max your secondaries (which I personally find incredibly dumb in this game but to each their own), or just happen have a lot of time to waste there's no point in it at all.

klee123

Well I'm not sure what kind of tips you expect specifically for A11S, but usually you first look at uptime - be casting as often as possible, anticipate enemy moves and preposition yourself, which is very easy in this game since it's all completely scripted and utilize the fact that your cast times are only 60% of your GCD. If you really need to move a long distance, either cast Feint a couple times since it's always instant, or just drop minuet for a couple GCDs. Your dots should always be up on the boss, no exceptions. It's better to clip Iron Jaws a little bit early than reapply dots one by one. Make sure your buffs align - Sidewinder and Flaming Arrow should always be used with IR and RS should be used with those every other cycle, likewise HE and B4B should always coincide with Barrage. A good trick to extend the uptime on buffed dots is to IJ when your buffs come up and then IJ again right before they wear off, the buffs will remain snapshot until the next IJ cast. When EDD spawns, put dots up on it, make sure dots stay up on the boss and then Quick Nock them both.

If you have logs for any of your runs it would be easier to troubleshoot beyond generic "keep hitting the boss".

Yeah, I actually only started A11S last week and have had around 4 hours experience so far. Guess I've been trying to learn the mechanics to the point that I forget about keeping dots up etc. WM makes things a lot worse, because I spend so much time dodging Cruiser's attacks that I can't move and attack.

About the bit when EDD spawn, thanks for reminding me that, during my runs before I was still relying on bloodletter.

Guess I'll start training on a dummy more, although I was only able to get around 1800dps on it at around 5 minutes.

Thanks for the tips. Appreciate it.

aceface

I pretend not to know. I only have Ravana and Bismarks birds so far. The drop rate on the ponies are still pretty bad.Farmed Garuda the last 3 nights for 9 hours total plus however many random runs I did since its been released. This was in premades as well it took so long for any to drop that the the party disbanded the first two nights.

Man...you're running unsynced right? That's nuts. The drop rate seemed pretty high to me. I got a few whistles just running unsynced for WT these last few weeks.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So how different is the story in Heavensward regarding Alisaie for beating T13? I completely stopped playing Main Story Quests before I took a break because I didn't want to miss out on dialogue changes the same way I missed out on how Estinien addressed the player for beating the Dragoon Quest Line.

So when I resubscribe this weekend I'm wondering if I should continue to bash my head against the T9 Wall and hope that I clear it along with T13 with randoms or just move on with the story line.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hit 45 last night and got the Garuda-egi summon as well as my first pieces of blue loot. I guess I'm in the home stretch to 50 and then I get to grind out all the lvl 50 ARR quests to get to Heavensward.

Anyone cleared A11S and plays as bard?

I've been told by my tempt static that my dps is too low, and I can definitely see it since I run around avoiding the attacks like crazy.

Anyone with any tips? Thanks

I'm at work so i can't really give an in depth reply.

Here are my fflogs so you can take a look. I did 2k dps on brd a11s with a very midcore group and I'm not even close to bis on my left side (need 3 twines and bard pants). Also like 12% balance uptime and at not ideal times

If you need help for a9s to 11s just hit me up. Though i check gaf sparingly lolol.

https://www.fflogs.com/reports/xrncVhFQDmBXpWvP#fight=8&type=damage-done

I plan to hit 2200 once I'm bis and go with a parse run group.

Edit random info. Crafted hq ring is bis for bard.

So how different is the story in Heavensward regarding Alisaie for beating T13? I completely stopped playing Main Story Quests before I took a break because I didn't want to miss out on dialogue changes the same way I missed out on how Estinien addressed the player for beating the Dragoon Quest Line.

So when I resubscribe this weekend I'm wondering if I should continue to bash my head against the T9 Wall and hope that I clear it along with T13 with randoms or just move on with the story line.

I don't remember it being more than a passing sentence or two when she rejoins the group. It's not an ongoing thing as she is only in the final story patch quests when they wrap up the latest storyline.

Also why do people still run with the main healer and off healer setup outside of preference? It's holding back raid dps. There is no main healer and off healer in this game. Both should be healing and dps. Look at most end game statics. The dps of both healers sharing responsibility outweigh the laziness of scholars that stay in cleric.

Also the fact some groups that don't have warrior pulling. If your warrior isn't pulling... just why? Its a huge raid dps loss. Almost tilts me as much as warrior using butchers block when they aren't tanking because of 20 potency but forces the drk to power slash

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I don't remember it being more than a passing sentence or two when she rejoins the group. It's not an ongoing thing as she is only in the final story patch quests when they wrap up the latest storyline.
If that's the case I might just go ahead with the story and come back to T9 & T13 once I got a character full of BiS Gear (or as close as possible since I don't typically raid) and try again to clear it with an unsynchronised group.

Two quick question since I haven't kept up with the news but are they adding any new Allagan Tomestones in Patch 3.5 or 3.55? Or just like the Tomestones in 2.4 we are left with Allagan Tomestone of Scripture until Patch 4.0?

Are they done with the Relic Quest line in Heavensward? Or is the weapon getting a final step in Patch 3.55?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just out of curiosity - which way of leveling through potd is faster numbers-wise? Repeating 51-60 or doing 51-100 runs?

iammeiam

Also why do people still run with the main healer and off healer setup outside of preference? It's holding back raid dps. There is no main healer and off healer in this game. Both should be healing and dps. Look at most end game statics. The dps of both healers sharing responsibility outweigh the laziness of scholars that stay in cleric.

Also the fact some groups that don't have warrior pulling. If your warrior isn't pulling... just why? Its a huge raid dps loss.

Playstyle preference and raid difficulty that makes nothing matter. A large part of the playerbase just wants to play the way they want to play, and outside of Gordias in very very early gear the game never really tried to push the optimal rDPS as mandatory thing. Speedkill groups will exploit and optimize all they can to eke out damage, but by Creator we have fights where rDPS is so lenient you could skip phases in fights in week one crafted.

It's a solid case for the third diificulty where this stuff would matter, but in raiding as it is today optimal meta is irrelevant and people who want to play like it's still 2.x are free to do so.

Almost tilts me as much as warrior using butchers block when they aren't tanking because of 20 potency but forces the drk to power slash

This is what the ACT aggro monitor is good for. No reason to sacrifice the potency if the MT has a huge lead, but no reason to force extra PSes.

Yeah. I just finished base RR and and am pretty overwhelmed by all the shit there is to do before Heavensward.

There is so much lingo thown around that I have no clue about. Doing the hard mode and new dungeons, everyone else is at endgame and doing speedruns. Lot of pissy people when it's your first time and you have no clue what the dungeon or boss fights are like.

aceface

If that's the case I might just go ahead with the story and come back to T9 & T13 once I got a character full of BiS Gear (or as close as possible since I don't typically raid) and try again to clear it with an unsynchronised group.

Two quick question since I haven't kept up with the news but are they adding any new Allagan Tomestones in Patch 3.5 or 3.55? Or just like the Tomestones in 2.4 we are left with Allagan Tomestone of Scripture until Patch 4.0?

Are they done with the Relic Quest line in Heavensward? Or is the weapon getting a final step in Patch 3.55?

Honestly there's no way you need to be close to BiS to clear T9 and T13 unsynced. If you are in GAF on Ultros we could set up a night to take you through both easily. If not, look for pf's doing them unsynced for Wonderous Tails. I'm guessing if you pm the party leader and asked they would love to take you through for the first time bonus.

We won't be getting new tomestones until Stormblood. We'll have scripture until 4.0.

Relic quest will have at least one, maybe 2 more steps before it's done.

Cmagus

Man...you're running unsynced right? That's nuts. The drop rate seemed pretty high to me. I got a few whistles just running unsynced for WT these last few weeks.

Yeah, The one night we ran for 3 hours and got 3 drops it was ridiculous. It took us 4 hours last night to get 5. Ramuh was the easiest as we got 7 in 2 hours but the rest were a pretty hefty grind. It's done now though so onto birds.

xxczx

Welcome to FFXIV PVP! honestly PVP is so dead in this game it isn't worth the time. You can complete a dungeon faster for the same amount of tomes than the time it will take you to get in at this point.
Small community, hardly dead.
da5dcba334c33f3fbfe7059ea0428203.png

This weeks stats + 8v8 pops.

Xion_Stellar

Honestly there's no way you need to be close to BiS to clear T9 and T13 unsynced. If you are in GAF on Ultros we could set up a night to take you through both easily. If not, look for pf's doing them unsynced for Wonderous Tails. I'm guessing if you pm the party leader and asked they would love to take you through for the first time bonus.

We won't be getting new tomestones until Stormblood. We'll have scripture until 4.0.

Relic quest will have at least one, maybe 2 more steps before it's done.

Oh that's right the GAF FC is on Ultros huh? I completely forgot about that and I had transferred to Ultros back in October maybe if it's not too much trouble I can ask some of you guys to help me finally clear T9 and T13 when I resubscribe.

Good Square-Enix is keeping their content consitant with the Tomestones.

As for the Relic Weapons I think I'm two steps behind? I will have to start working on it again asap.

Thanks for the information!

Also as a side note now that I have a PS4 Pro I got to say that I wouldn't mind a Pro patch for FFXIV from Square-Enix.

Vic_Viper

Just did the Highway Robbery quest line for the 789th and not sure what im supposed to do at the end.

Its asking me if I want to ally with the 789th.

Do I say yes? If I choose to ally with them can I switch to another tribe later? Not sure exactly what allying with the tribe actually does, which tribe is the best to ally with? Can I say not right now and come back later if I decide I want to? I dont think ive had this option prior to this quest line with any other tribe.

Edit: NVM, Ty Graa was able to answer in the FC chat. Thanks for the help btw!

Cmagus

Small community, hardly dead.
da5dcba334c33f3fbfe7059ea0428203.png

This weeks stats + 8v8 pops.

If you can get a pre-made group I'm sure you can get in quicker. If you're just doing it through DF it's minimum 30 minutes wait, I'm on Sargatanas which is the Aether data center.

I log in and queue up for PVP almost everyday and just do my crafting and gathering and in 3-4 hours of playing I'm lucky if I get in for 3-4 matches. I hear though that the JP servers are pretty busy for PVP though.

I'm sure once they remove the GC restrictions it'll be more populated. Hell just look at any forum it's all the same complaints about the long ass wait times. We use to have a few LS that were busy for awhile and they're all but dead now since everyone basically gave up trying to get in.

The PVP isn't dead if you do the feast 8v8 it is terrible though. It's also a good way to cap scripture get 20 points per game and matches can literally end in 30 seconds and the waits are under two minutes for a match.

B.K.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I went from a new character to almost finishing the city quest. I've got about two and a half missions to go until I start doing the main story.

I've just got to figure out why my computer keeps shutting off on me. It's done it two or three times the past week. It happened twice at 12:45am while I was playing the game. I'm going to keep MSI on the other monitor tonight to see if maybe my computer's CPU is getting too hot and making it shut down. When it shuts down, something beeps once, but I can't tell if it's the computer or my battery backup. I would automatically assume it's the computer, but we've been having some electrical problems in our house the last few months.

ebil

"- I'd like to do something laid back tonight.
- Can you solo heal our Sephirot Ex bird farm?
We're going to stack with the tank for Daat and someone will die to every Pillar of Mercy and you will tank the adds at one point
- ... Sigh."

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I'm strongly considering resubbing here soon, I had a character on Ultros with the gaf FC, but am considering server transferring to famfrit to play with some RL friends. Any GAFers on Famfrit or it pretty much just 99% Ultros folks here?

Ken

So I'm strongly considering resubbing here soon, I had a character on Ultros with the gaf FC, but am considering server transferring to famfrit to play with some RL friends. Any GAFers on Famfrit or it pretty much just 99% Ultros folks here?

You should go to famfrit.

xxczx

If you can get a pre-made group I'm sure you can get in quicker. If you're just doing it through DF it's minimum 30 minutes wait, I'm on Sargatanas which is the Aether data center.

I log in and queue up for PVP almost everyday and just do my crafting and gathering and in 3-4 hours of playing I'm lucky if I get in for 3-4 matches. I hear though that the JP servers are pretty busy for PVP though.

I'm sure once they remove the GC restrictions it'll be more populated. Hell just look at any forum it's all the same complaints about the long ass wait times. We use to have a few LS that were busy for awhile and they're all but dead now since everyone basically gave up trying to get in.
Solo queue. Also depends on your GC as well. I switch every two weeks to the least populated GC as GCs can get heavily bombed by people trying to ride the win train.

Aether does 8v8 and Seal Rock quite a bit, 72s been popping past week for SR (as well as Shatter). But I'm on Chaos, Frontlines is more popular whereas Feast is more popular on Aether than Chaos.

There's lots of ways of getting pops faster as well. It's not really that common on Aether that I've seen but Chaos call their pops (pretty much every pop is called) then shout on Discord if there's any spots where you can requeue instantly and most likely get in that match. Queuing for Roulette is also a big no outside reset times as you can get locked into an endless queue of Secure/Slaughter that a random level 50 decided to queue for.

I like how easy it is to make real progress in a handful of things even if I just have an hour or two to play.
Today I gained probably 30 levels across a bunch of crafting and gathering classes (low levels so it's still fast), did some of the MSQ, then some Conjurer Hunts to try and hit 15 before my ACN hits 30.

So my last bird just really hates me. I'm almost up to 99 totems already on Sophia.... eh, this one won't drop. I've only seen 5 out of god knows how many runs. I bought 4 of the weapons and the rest were from rng. I got 100+ clears in all likelyhood... lol It sure doesn't help when half the farm parties on my server are downright terrible at this game and I have to use RF mostly.

Razmos

Started playing this a few weeks ago, about to hit level 49 on my Black Mage and absolutely loving it. The story is so much better than I was expecting.

I just recently rescued Minfillia and the others from the imperial base, the cutscenes were so good. Yda and Y'shtola are great characters

My hype levels went through the roof when this started playing as you fought alongside everyone. Just so good. Easily one of my favourite Final fantasy moments now

Edit: woops wrong link lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I started back up on December 24th
Was @2.3 when I left

A little overwhelming, but after literally 2 weeks playing mostly alone, no fc help or help through PF, just solo queueing it

I've reached ilvl218, mist likely will hit ilvl 235-240 target

Have 14 days of sub left
I've finished all of Heavensward and DragonSong up to what the last MSQ for it was

Unlocked all Roulettes, went through every dungeon at least once

Now I'm missing the end game stuff
No one in PF does this stuff?
Party Finder has been a bust for most
All I see is some Containment PF117 or Pony/Bird farming with a ridiculous ilvl requirement, like 250+

Want to stick around at least go through old content at least once
Second and Final Coil just to see and finish it once
Alexander - Gordias and Midas, guessing Alexandrian is latest, so I'm cool not doing that until I get ilvl up to right requirement

14 days to see if I can be with a core group, if not, I caught up a lot, might go on break and "catch up" again before Stormblood and just keep doing that

desverger

So after playing one month in the release and hitting 50.. and taking a break for 3 years and getting back a few months ago..

I finally hit 60 with my Warrior last night!

Could someone offer some tips on how to proceed with gearing and unlocking features efficiently from this point on? What should be my main priorities?

In the MSQ I've just done the Vault dungeon, and my item level is hovering around 135 ish.

dlauv

I just hit Warrior and I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do. I feel like I'm chasing quests as they're drying up all around me and it's becoming tedious. Any suggestions for expedient leveling?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just hit Warrior and I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do. I feel like I'm chasing quests as they're drying up all around me and it's becoming tedious. Any suggestions for expedient leveling?
Palace of the Dead, google the wiki for all the details.

Razmos

Do Levequests or Palace of the Dead at Quarrymill in Gridania.

I got from 46 to 49 last night doing about 4 runs of Palace of the dead.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So after playing one month in the release and hitting 50.. and taking a break for 3 years and getting back a few months ago..

I finally hit 60 with my Warrior last night!

Could someone offer some tips on how to proceed with gearing and unlocking features efficiently from this point on? What should be my main priorities?

In the MSQ I've just done the Vault dungeon, and my item level is hovering around 135 ish.

I was in the same boat as you

You want to earn Clan Marks from the Hunting Board
If you have HW completed you could earn roughly 870 seals a week through the one star, two star, three star, and weekly hunt
This way you can earn Artifact 3.0
Which will bring you to i200

Palace of the Dead and get your aetherial weapon and armor to at least +30, so you can grab your ilvl235 weapon, the glowy kind
You have to grind on both save files do Floor 1-50 2 times and 51-100 at least once overall
That should give you enough, the Blue Coffers (that level up your aetherial gear) are RNG, then it's RNG on the upgrade you might get, then RNG on how much
From what I've done its a 2:1 Weapon/Armor Ratio
Each 10 floors take 15-20 minutes, so at least 3 sets can be done easily in a hour

You can keep grinding for another +30 weapon/armor for the same weapon upgraded to ilvl255

You're 60, so if you do PotD you'll be rewarded Tomestones
Keep adding those
You want to cap Scripture (450 lockout/week)
Lore on the other hand is what you want to accumulate a lot of

So

Start the Hunt (Board), do them, earn your seals daily
Try to get all Artifact 3.0 gear slotted, will take 1.5 week of doing all the daily bills of 1*, 2*, 3* and the weekly one
You should be doing PotD in the mean time after finishing hunts, they take a hour tops once you learn the locations in maps
In PoTD only the aetherial weapon and armor matter, your gear doesn't
Just accumulate as much + to both ASAP

Earn Lore and start planning what to buy
I went after getting all Artifact 3.0 the Legs, then Body, then feet, Arms, and Head
Accessories I went necklace, belt, cuffs, earring, ring (I'm still working here, just need arms/head, and belt/cuffs/necklace)

I had earned 450 from last week from Scripture cap, so I bought ilvl260 Ring first
This weeks I'll be buying belt or earrings

Right now I'm ilvl220 exactly
Most my gear is now Lore, 2-3 pieces Artifact, 1 piece Scripture, with 1 more coming this week

TlL;DR

Artifact 3.0 (Hunting Board) <=> PotD => Lore Gear => Scripture Gear

Most likely that route in say @ month+ you'll be hovering in ilvl245-250 range
Keep capping Scripture, soon hit 255+
Only roadblock to 270 is Alexander

I set out to hit ilvl250 at least, I think I can at least hit ilvl245 before my sub ends

Can trade in all old gear to your GC for Seals, I earned so much shit from last week and doing this way of adding pieces and removing them next day just to hit at least ilvl210 for dungeons, ilvl220 for Trials
This week I earned literally 75,000 GC seals
I'm Ranked #79 in Ultros, hilarious being back and back to accumulating seals at absurd ratel

Nothing in this game so far outside of vying for world/server first, extremely early progression, and maybe i110 savage coil (can't speak to that) necessitates you to have to an "optimal" raid composition and both healers contributing DPS. It honestly doesn't matter. Sure, some groups could really use the extra DPS contribution but it's not the reason they ultimately haven't cleared X turn yet. And while it does make things go quicker if you're healers are contributing substantial DPS, it's not necessary. That being said, you should contribute some DPS as a healer IMO otherwise you're not playing very efficiently.

So my last bird just really hates me. I'm almost up to 99 totems already on Sophia.... eh, this one won't drop. I've only seen 5 out of god knows how many runs. I bought 4 of the weapons and the rest were from rng. I got 100+ clears in all likelyhood... lol It sure doesn't help when half the farm parties on my server are downright terrible at this game and I have to use RF mostly.

Only 7 more days till you have another bird to farm! Please look forward to it.

ebil

Nothing in this game so far outside of vying for world/server first, extremely early progression, and maybe i110 savage coil (can't speak to that) necessitates you to have to an "optimal" raid composition and both healers contributing DPS. It honestly doesn't matter. Sure, some groups could really use the extra DPS contribution but it's not the reason they ultimately haven't cleared X turn yet. And while it does make things go quicker if you're healers are contributing substantial DPS, it's not necessary. That being said, you should contribute some DPS as a healer IMO otherwise you're not playing very efficiently.
Not even close, as far as raid DPS goes.

That being said, there's nothing that grinds my gears more than seeing a SCH spam Broil all day long while their co-healer is being over-burdened. Both healers should at least attempt to have a large DoT uptime, that's all it takes to contribute moderately good DPS, really.

So I started back up on December 24th
Was @2.3 when I left

A little overwhelming, but after literally 2 weeks playing mostly alone, no fc help or help through PF, just solo queueing it

I've reached ilvl218, mist likely will hit ilvl 235-240 target

Have 14 days of sub left
I've finished all of Heavensward and DragonSong up to what the last MSQ for it was

Unlocked all Roulettes, went through every dungeon at least once

Now I'm missing the end game stuff
No one in PF does this stuff?
Party Finder has been a bust for most
All I see is some Containment PF117 or Pony/Bird farming with a ridiculous ilvl requirement, like 250+

Want to stick around at least go through old content at least once
Second and Final Coil just to see and finish it once
Alexander - Gordias and Midas, guessing Alexandrian is latest, so I'm cool not doing that until I get ilvl up to right requirement

14 days to see if I can be with a core group, if not, I caught up a lot, might go on break and "catch up" again before Stormblood and just keep doing that

I was in a similar position as well. Gordias and Midas are really easy now, haven't done The Creator but I suspect it isn't too difficult either. I cleared Gordias just the other day using a match-made group in duty finder with no issues. Queue was really short, too, even as a DPS. Haven't done the extreme version of any of the trials yet, but that's next on the agenda. I started playing again 16 days ago and went from around i130 at patch 2.3 to i230 and done with all the MSQ stuff. Leveling up my DRK as I upgrade my DRG PotD weapon (got my Kinna Trident last night). I ignored doing the hunt stuff and just went straight into collecting lore and scripture to buy gear. Beast tribe quests are a good daily resource for this along with daily roulettes. Supplemented it with gear I got from dungeons along the way.

I'd also like to get into a steady group for some end-game stuff eventually, although real life stuff is about to get real busy again so I'm not gonna be able to play as much as I have been over the winter break.

desverger

I was in the same boat as you

Thanks a lot, that's definitely a lot of information to get started!

Looks like I'll need to figure out how to open the Level 60 roulette.

Luckily I've also done some PotD, and my armor/weapon there is sitting around +40 or so. I can most likely snag the first weapon from there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom