• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Foolishly bought two weapons with Sophia tokens. Done about 60 fights and only seen a few birds.

Done over 40 Seph fights and have only seen it drop once.

I'm pretty sure it is bloody 5 in the morning over there and this is what you wake up to scrawl out

You really expected anything less? But actually I was still up finishing my Gravity Rush 2 review. I woke up to see your reply and now I'm going back to bed contemplating my life decisions.

garath

I am getting so close to heavensward I can taste it. Quest 60 or something now. I'm just under 55 and can't do warrior quests and I'm still wearing ironworks lol.

Plus I really want to start a dark knight.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
When I hit 50 (probably this weekend), is there gonna be a whole slew of shit I should worry about/need to do, or should I just focus on the MSQ stuff to get to heavensward? Like, as a fresh 50 am I going to need to increase my ilvl from non-MSQ sources in order to advance?

BTW I probably never mentioned, my character ingame is "Arkanix Karzik"

wamberz1

When I hit 50 (probably this weekend), is there gonna be a whole slew of shit I should worry about/need to do, or should I just focus on the MSQ stuff to get to heavensward? Like, as a fresh 50 am I going to need to increase my ilvl from non-MSQ sources in order to advance?

They changed the way MSQ works so now it will give you better gear as you progress through the MSQ of the post-release patches.

So basically yeah just keep on blasting though the MSQ, ignore everything else.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They changed the way MSQ works so now it will give you better gear as you progress through the MSQ of the post-release patches.

So basically yeah just keep on blasting though the MSQ, ignore everything else.

Cool, thanks. And as far as those relic weapons, that's something I can go back and start at 60 if I am interested in them for glamour purposes, right? I know they aren't actually worth getting from a gear strength/ilvl perspective anymore.

Cool, thanks. And as far as those relic weapons, that's something I can go back and start at 60 if I am interested in them for glamour purposes, right? I know they aren't actually worth getting from a gear strength/ilvl perspective anymore.
Yes, you can do them anytime

garath

When you hit 50 you'll start getting poetic tomes for trial stuff and potd. Can use that to trade in for ironworks gear. I used silver chocobo feathers from recruit a friend to buy the chest and legs too. I couldn't find another use for them that made sense.

Wow looks like someone leaked early footage of the new Tank job.

I'm definitely ditching Paladin for this.

Started playing this a few weeks ago, about to hit level 49 on my Black Mage and absolutely loving it. The story is so much better than I was expecting.

I just recently rescued Minfillia and the others from the imperial base, the cutscenes were so good. Yda and Y'shtola are great characters

My hype levels went through the roof when this started playing as you fought alongside everyone. Just so good. Easily one of my favourite Final fantasy moments now

Edit: woops wrong link lol

You better prepare yourself then because there are more moments in the story that easily top that.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yo

I finally beat sephirot

Now to beat nidhog because I did shit out of order, and completely missed it and went to sophia

Niddhog has a difficulty reputation that I think is totally undeserved.

Not including Ravana and Bismark, which take no effort now, I'd rank the EX difficulty as...

Sephirot = Nidhogg < Sophia < Thordan

Thordan ex afaik is the best trial still cause it is still very challenging for people to clear. It's kinda like savage mixed with a primal and I wish I didn't miss out doing it in eso gear because it was super epic when I got my 1st clear. I love things like Sophia but it is far too easy. They definitely are dropping the ball with ex primals nowadays cause they want easy weapons so everyone and their mother is doing creator savage. I noticed on a forum I've been nearly 10 years on that my usual friends weren't at all interested in raids and now one of my friends almost has 12s down. Put it simple: Sophia gave us very easy entry into a9s and 10 s, imo. Know your tilts in Sophia and it's impossible to wipe unless your healer and tanks don't know how to button. In Thor? Nah, you're dead very easily.

Chille

Thordan ex afaik is the best trial still cause it is still very challenging for people to clear. It's kinda like savage mixed with a primal and I wish I didn't miss out doing it in eso gear because it was super epic when I got my 1st clear. I love things like Sophia but it is far too easy. They definitely are dropping the ball with ex primals nowadays cause they want easy weapons so everyone and their mother is doing creator savage. I noticed on a forum I've been nearly 10 years on that my usual friends weren't at all interested in raids and now one of my friends almost has 12s down. Put it simple: Sophia gave us very easy entry into a9s and 10 s, imo. Know your tilts in Sophia and it's impossible to wipe unless your healer and tanks don't know how to button. In Thor? Nah, you're dead very easily.

Took my group 4hrs to learn sophia, I still don't know how the tilt works, I just follow the group lol

Yeah, you can get away with playing follow the leader in Sophia so long as your group is coordinated and knowledgeable enough of the fight. The ability to raise anyone who has fallen off helps makes this so much more forgiving than something like Sephirot, Titan and Leviathan in their prime. You just also have to hope the healers and tanks aren't asleep for the obvious incoming tankbusters. Sephirot can still cause havoc with plenty of groups, particularly when there's not enough basic coordination when it comes to towers and how difficult it is to recover when people are dying to easily avoidable mechanics. I think he's still my personal favourite of the 3.x series Primals thus far.

I haven't done any EX primals since I got booted at the beginning of my first Sophia EX attempt some months ago.

My favourite is Titan EX. It took a long time to learn and was really hard but it felt good when I finally managed to clear.

ebil

Yeah Sephirot still is the "hardest" ex Primal to farm, simply because there's only so much the healer(s) can do to carry the group through their mistakes.

Thordan is extremely easy (literally the only thing that can wipe you is people not positioning correctly for the Spear attack and people failing to fill towers resulting in Paralysis + Rage + knockback, and even then Lightspeed can save the day so long as you're not paralyzed into the wall) and Nidhogg always was very lenient even with multiple deaths, on top of having a very straightforward strat.

I haven't done Sophia since she was released but she was the easiest Ex primal back then so I imagine she's farmable with a very high success rate now.

Edit: Thordan was an outlier in terms of difficulty, not the other way around. It was made this way specifically for the groups that struggled with A3s at the time and they always made it clear that it was a bit of a special case.

Has anyone ever purchased any of the mogstation item codes from ebay? They seem to be from a seller in Russia but it says that the codes work on any region's account. Are these legit? They have seemingly every item at a discount compared to mogstation prices.

Still need to clear Nidhogg EX and Sophia EX. Kept getting into Sophia EX parties that couldn't even get past the add phase, gave up afterwards

Nidhogg Extreme is the only one I'm currently missing a clear from. I haven't even attempted it lol.

I'm still amazed I got a Thordan Ex clear when I essentially went in near-blind (I had seen a video and tried it once mooooonths ago but didn't remember any of it the night of the clear). Luckily, that fight, like the normal version, is basically a "greatest hits" of mechanics from all of 2.x, so everything was familiar. I was proud I didn't die once during the attempt when the party got the win. :D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah Sephirot still is the "hardest" ex Primal to farm, simply because there's only so much the healer(s) can do to carry the group through their mistakes.

Maybe it was hard, but Sephirot seems really easy now. I go into farm parties and we just cruise through. Heck, sometimes we kill before he even does the hand swipe.

Took my group 4hrs to learn sophia, I still don't know how the tilt works, I just follow the group lol

It wasn't until about clear 50 that I finally figured out how the clone tower things work...

grimmiq

Making decent progress getting ready for Stormblood, stopped playing before 3.1.

Geared my DRG up from 175 to 212 ilvl fairly quick thanks to cent marks and PoTD, apparently 210 is minimum for story dungeons?

ALC 59-60
CRP 50-60
BSM 50-55
PLD 50-60
AST 50-54

Just finished 3.2 MSQ stuff today, going to starton 3.3 tonight or tomorrow.

Not bad for my 1st 9 days back.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Are there any real dungeons in the game besides instanced dungeons?
If you mean dungeons like in old Linegae 2/Ragnarok Online, no. All dungeons,trials, raids etc. are instanced.
Still need to clear Nidhogg EX and Sophia EX. Kept getting into Sophia EX parties that couldn't even get past the add phase, gave up afterwards
I spent 2 days trying to get a Nidhogg Ex clear. First day with Raid Finder - most parties had multiple members dying during the first 2 dives, which was mind boggling.

On the 2nd day I spent 2-3 hours staring at the raid finder queue window and after that decided to make a PF group. In 20 min I gathered a crew which cleared the trial in 3 attempts (because that last fireball phase is still hard if you're not used to it!).

I'm currently at 253 ilv and wanted to grab Shire pants before attempting Sophia, but reading this thread and hearing some people on my LS, I might just give it a go and follow the group. I was afraid to go before, because of how complicated the walkthrough video looked, but if it's really enough to just run after other people, I think I can do that.

Kenai

If you mean dungeons like in old Linegae 2/Ragnarok Online, no. All dungeons,trials, raids etc. are instanced.

I spent 2 days trying to get a Nidhogg Ex clear. First day with Raid Finder - most parties had multiple members dying during the first 2 dives, which was mind boggling.

On the 2nd day I spent 2-3 hours staring at the raid finder queue window and after that decided to make a PF group. In 20 min I gathered a crew which cleared the trial in 3 attempts (because that last fireball phase is still hard if you're not used to it!).

I'm currently at 253 ilv and wanted to grab Shire pants before attempting Sophia, but reading this thread and hearing some people on my LS, I might just give it a go and follow the group. I was afraid to go before, because of how complicated the walkthrough video looked, but if it's really enough to just run after other people, I think I can do that.

Fair warning: Sophia EX is fun but can really make you feel like sh*t til you learn the dance. She'll try to knock you off the stage a LOT. And she probably will.

It's fairly easy to follow the leader in this fight though. Very few mechanics that single people out.

I think I'm going to do 3.5 with my DRK instead of my PLD which is what I normally use for new content.

I've had it at 60 for a long time already but I've been playing it more recently and I'm really enjoying it more than I did before.

Should have the Scripture weapon by tomorrow.

I continue to be amazed at how the FFXIV team are completely incompetent at managing player housing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5n67aj/in_korea_server_a_eighth_disaster_is_beginning/

TL;DR:

Korea servers are being merged. However as we all know, each FFXIV server has a limited number of housing wards and a fixed non-expandable number of houses. So in order to complete the server merges, some wards on each server are just being deleted. Players who have houses in these wards will have their houses vanish.

These people just don't fucking get it. There is no other MMO on Earth where it's okay to just delete people's hard work and effort besides this one. What the fuck is wrong with these people, I'll never understand. They literally give zero fucks about their players in one of only a few MMOs left where you pay a sub to play.

Jaeyden

Easy rules.

Count the strings.
ALWAYS got to the side with the most strings.
If the total number of strings is EVEN you are going to the edge.
If the total number is ODD you are not going to the edge.
If the number of strings on both sides is EQUAL look at the scales in the background. Go to the side with the orange light pillars and away from the side with the blue ones. Since, the number of strings is always EQUAL you are going to the edge.

I continue to be amazed at how the FFXIV team are completely incompetent at managing player housing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/5n67aj/in_korea_server_a_eighth_disaster_is_beginning/

TL;DR:

Korea servers are being merged. However as we all know, each FFXIV server has a limited number of housing wards and a fixed non-expandable number of houses. So in order to complete the server merges, some wards on each server are just being deleted. Players who have houses in these wards will have their houses vanish.

These people just don't fucking get it. There is no other MMO on Earth where it's okay to just delete people's hard work and effort besides this one. What the fuck is wrong with these people, I'll never understand. They literally give zero fucks about their players in one of only a few MMOs left where you pay a sub to play.

Apparently a company called "Eyedentity mobile" manages and publishes the game in South Korea. Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of bad/weird stuff happening in different region versions of an mmo. That's a crappy decision since you lose a lot on such apparent short notice if you own a home in one of the affected areas.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Korea and China servers are run by different companies yeah. XIV team has likely nothing to do with that shit.

Nothing to do with the merger decision perhaps, but making such an obtuse and poorly scalable system for housing is completely their fault.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cleared Extreme Sophia with my first RF group on the 2nd run and got 2 commendations, yay!

It really is true that if the tank knows what he's doing, the fight is rather easy.

Arkeband

Banned
I really wonder what the last step of Anima is going to look like. We're already on the second glowing model, is it going to glow harder...?

It'd be cool if it kept its glow but changed some ability/hit animations. Turn my Geirskoguls green, or something. Go crazy.

Tenrius

How do you typically use chat on the PS4? It's a major nuisance for me each time, makes me miss the PC version (but not its performance issues).

Also, I finally transferred to Ultros from Exodus and joined the GAF FC! My character is Gunther Jawanthal (and it's a cat).

Kyoufu

How do you typically use chat on the PS4? It's a major nuisance for me each time, makes me miss the PC version (but not its performance issues).

Also, I finally transferred to Ultros from Exodus and joined the GAF FC! My character is Gunther Jawanthal (and it's a cat).

A wireless keyboard.

I have a regular keyboard hooked up to my PS4.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Like others have mentioned use a wireless keyboard to communicate with players on PS4.

For reference I been using the Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 for years now:

81wMFKCb7vL._SL1500_.jpg

I really wonder what the last step of Anima is going to look like. We're already on the second glowing model, is it going to glow harder...?

It'd be cool if it kept its glow but changed some ability/hit animations. Turn my Geirskoguls green, or something. Go crazy.
I hope they change Forms again because I'm not a fan of how the Autarch Bow looks and I simply glamour in the Yoichi Bow instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom