• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I hope we get a new model as well, Sultan Fists are awful
Actually thinking about it in terms of looks alot of the End Game Gear in Heavensward has been a serious disappointment so far. There's just far too many white colors and robes all over the place and I get that it's "thematic" to Heavensward's overall experience but that doesn't make them any less ugly in my opinion.

So far my Bard is still rocking the Augmented Choral Set painted in Jet Black Dye he's had since 2.3 and I haven't found a cooler replacement.

Cap out accuracy then Crit > Det with some minor amount of skill speed depending on preference.

Dumb question, how do you know when you've hit the cap? I'm a tank, so people were saying to focus on vitality until I hit the soft cap, then go to strength. What is the "soft" cap and is that good advice?

Dumb question, how do you know when you've hit the cap? I'm a tank, so people were saying to focus on vitality until I hit the soft cap, then go to strength. What is the "soft" cap and is that good advice?
Basically you guess a number and try the fight out, if you get any misses on ACT = bad if you don't = good. Front accuracy cap for Creator is ~700 which is what tanks and physical DPS should aim for. Anything less is awful, anything more is a waste.

Redx508

More info on 3.5 gpose and icam

RGB lights!
jp20170111_iw_02-thumb-630xauto-4742.jpg

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Hoping to clear A12 this week. We've seen the final laser pools + soak pools sequence several times now. We just need to get through that, and I think we've got it.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even know what that gear is trying to be. Last I saw off Black Desert the gear looked kind of good, it's a shame if they've descended straight into WoW territory.

Hoping to clear A12 this week. We've seen the final laser pools + soak pools sequence several times now. We just need to get through that, and I think we've got it.

I find during final phase everyone in my raid group knows the fight like in a11s but they struggle so badly I couldn't get them their clear last week cause I don't have eight arms. As a result, we've pretty much haven't even started 12s yet sadly cause they want everyone cleared on 11 first which is understandable I guess D: But yeah my point being that people are more likely to mess final phase up since they're excited, kinda like my group.

But hey I'm sure you'll get it. These things take tons of practice and can be hard at times!

To a point. I don't remember the exact value but you want like 700~720 skill speed to get 8? (again, don't remember the exact numbers here either) GCDs during Blood Weapon.

Alright then. I figured it would be a useful stat since more skillspeed means more syphon strikes which means more dark arts and more GCDs during Blood Weapon like you mentioned.

Arkeband

Banned
I hope they change Forms again because I'm not a fan of how the Autarch Bow looks and I simply glamour in the Yoichi Bow instead.

I feel like they wouldn't have the last step be yet another set of unique models - and unless they made it a two-step upgrade, it wouldn't have a glow step (or a non-glow step).

I've only liked two armor sets in all of Heavensward the vault ninja set and Thaliak's Casting Set I'm wearing the casting set on red mage.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay so now that I'm likely resubbing this weekend -

What is the easiest dps to play at 60 between BRD, BLM, MCH and SMN? I'm terrible at vidya games and my group of friends already has a monk and 2 dragoons otherwise I'd go one of those two because I know monk isn't too crazy and dragoon was my old main/favorite :(

What is the easiest dps to play at 60 between BRD, BLM, MCH and SMN? I'm terrible at vidya games and my group of friends already has a monk and 2 dragoons otherwise I'd go one of those two because I know monk isn't too crazy and dragoon was my old main/favorite :(

Should note that if you're planning to do 4 man dungeons together you'll need a tank, healer and two DPS.

With your 4 DPS setup you'll only be able to go together in Palace of the Dead and 8 man trials.

BLM and BRD are pretty mechanically easy.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Lore upgrade needed a token from VA and WC too didn't it?

It makes sense that the Shire upgrade will need all 3 I guess.

Would be a good idea to get those tokens before the patch hits.
Weren't those Lore tokens obtainable after accepting the weekly quest for upgrade items? I have a hard time remembering.

ebil

I've been farming Void Ark for that Echidna minion so I think I have Mhachi Farthings for years. I can't wait to farm Weeping City for Calofisteri and Dun Scaith for the inevitable Scathach minion.

Weren't those Lore tokens obtainable after accepting the weekly quest for upgrade items? I have a hard time remembering.
No, the coins you get for clearing (and trade to Rowena's assistant) pretty much replaced the weekly quest from ARR, which is why it's likely that coats and twines will require clearing all 3 raids. It's a more elegant solution, inventory issues aside.

teiresias

Kind of want to reinstall and start a new character and get to play through Heavensward, but I forgot to deactivate my software token and the emergency removal password I have isn't working. Has anyone called SE Support to have the software token removed from their account before? Is it exceedingly painful? I'm almost tempted to just buy the game again on Steam and make a new account for it since my old account is tied to a retail copy (well, actually a free copy since I had a 1.0 account, but whatever).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've been farming Void Ark for that Echidna minion so I think I have Mhachi Farthings for years. I can't wait to farm Weeping City for Calofisteri and Dun Scaith for the inevitable Scathach minion.

No, the coins you get for clearing (and trade to Rowena's assistant) pretty much replaced the weekly quest from ARR, which is why it's likely that coats and twines will require clearing all 3 raids. It's a more elegant solution, inventory issues aside.
Ah, good to know. Guess I'll try to get tokens for this week then.

Good freaking lord.

I was on this one mission in ARR Mor Dhona/ Castrum Centri where you use a disguise and
infiltrate the Garlien base to rescue Minfilia and the others. Got super confused when one guard admitted his love to the "Lalafelian lass." Totally forgot that Tataru existed. Thought he mistook ornery, old Papalymo for a "lass" and was all moe-ed out for him.

Which would have been amazing.

B.K.

I got the rest of my basic classes unlocked tonight. It seems like I've been doing more unlocking the last two nights than advancing the story.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Should I be doing all the side quests that pop up? There's so many..
Like B.K. mentioned, you should be doing those which unlock new features (blue marker). Leave the other ones for your other classes. In the past sidequests were a good way to get the experience necessary to reach another MSQ, but nowadays it's faster to just do a run or two of PotD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom