• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got back into this game after a long while out of it. I currently have a lvl 30 THM, lvl 17 CNJ, lvl 11 ARC, and lvl 5 PGL. Since I want to get a BLM, what's the quickest way to grind my ARC to 15?
Also, still working through the main story before the Heavensward expansion starts.

qwqSrjx.png

Lmao, I don't even know guys Just got it in rf. I'm super happy though. I won it by one number. ONE. I was just super shocked but I can finally stop farming this lady and well all primals until Zurvan now. So close to Kirin bird \o/

Clear count is above 100. I bought 4 weapons so that's 40 totems right there and I have 69 totems atm soooo yeah brutal man. I think this one was worse than Seph, idk but seph felt longer.

So I reached the 2,000 cap on Poetic Tomestones. Is there anything I should be using these for?

Looking ahead, it seems like I will get better gear through the MSQ than anything I can trade these for at Mor Dhona.

I have about 15 MSQs left until HW.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously?
dscFhMR.jpg

Kind of stupid having content you have access to, yet not able to do
Does the team think these things through?

I would've like to see and played, earned items to at least augment my gear
So stupid, that there's gated stuff 2-3 patches back!

I mean ilvl240 is still what 30 ilvl below cap
Next patch drop ilvl260 into the fold, so players are hovering up there, yet people catching up, get locked out
They really need to address old content and give it a shake up

Seriously?
dscFhMR.jpg

Next patch drop ilvl260 into the fold, so players are hovering up there, yet people catching up, get locked out
They address it by giving a reason for people to do it again. Next patch will add upgrades to 260 gear that will likely need Void Ark as well, thats your cue.

Tenrius

So I finally got back into this game after a long while out of it. I currently have a lvl 30 THM, lvl 17 CNJ, lvl 11 ARC, and lvl 5 PGL. Since I want to get a BLM, what's the quickest way to grind my ARC to 15?
Also, still working through the main story before the Heavensward expansion starts.

Hunting log/duty finder/class quests should be more than enough.

Qvoth

Okay so now that I'm likely resubbing this weekend -

What is the easiest dps to play at 60 between BRD, BLM, MCH and SMN? I'm terrible at vidya games and my group of friends already has a monk and 2 dragoons otherwise I'd go one of those two because I know monk isn't too crazy and dragoon was my old main/favorite :(

Smn is the easiest out of the ones you mentioned to be "decent/good" at I reckon
"Decent/good" as in performing decently dps wise in primals/raids

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
When I asked about PoTD like 2.5 weeks back, the info given was wrong

You really need +90 Weapon and +90 Armor to get the ilvl255 Kinna version

First you have to buy +30 Weapon and +30 Armor, Pdjal Weapon
Then get your aetherial stats back up to +60 to get Kinna
Not +30/+30, then just +30/+30 again, you need +60/+60

Grrr...
Have Weapon at +60 but Armor +31, getting +29 will take a while

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
When I asked about PoTD like 2.5 weeks back, the info given was wrong

You really need +90 Weapon and +90 Armor to get the ilvl255 Kinna version

First you have to buy +30 Weapon and +30 Armor, Pdjal Weapon
Then get your aetherial stats back up to +60 to get Kinna
Not +30/+30, then just +30/+30 again, you need +60/+60

Grrr...
Have Weapon at +60 but Armor +31, getting +29 will take a while
If you keep doing floors 51+, you'll get that armor in no time.

Omni

I didn't grab a Pdjal weapon. What happens when I try to get one when my stats are 90/90 or whatever? Do I have to start at 0 again?

Because screw that

Reknoc

I didn't grab a Pdjal weapon. What happens when I try to get one when my stats are 90/90 or whatever? Do I have to start at 0 again?

Because screw that

No, you get the first one and it just takes 30 from each of your levels. So if you have 90/90 you can just get both in one go.

Because screw that

No. It just subs 30/30 from whatever total you have. Then after you beat floor 100, you talk to him again and trade 60/60 points for the 255.

You never go to zero.

cackhyena

I got this game a couple weeks ago for PS4. Signed up, but then I was told I needed a software token. I go to the website. Once it asked for my security question to get further, it wouldn't accept...and I'm entering the right answer. I only created it minutes beforehand. Couldn't change my question because you need to first answer the question to change it. Many emails with support later, they've literally said nothing. Nothing but a "we will respond in two to three business days" or " we cannot help you, please choose the following for help". No person has ever contacted me.

Am I fucked? I can't seem to find a way around this.

I smell a Light step

After the last 3-4 steps of tedious tome grinding I'm fine with it. Of course they'll make it to where you can trade tomes for light, but at this point I'll just farm light.

I need birds so I welcome BisEX, RavEX, runs. Maybe ThordanEX might be a bit less chaotic as long as we dodge.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh. Uh.. I seem to have no armour to level up my marauder so I can unlock dragoon. That's unfortunate.

Level up through POTD where what you're wearing is irrelevant.

Not only that, but it's one of the faster ways to level anyway. Highly recommended for all alt classes. Only caveat is that it can feel like a grind pretty easily, at which point I sometimes just go find some appropriate level levequests or something to do. Keep in mind that if you have no armor for a specific class you can always just buy some from a vendor that will be good enough for run of the mill leve/fate stuff, especially at the sub-30 levels.

IvorB

So I reached the 2,000 cap on Poetic Tomestones. Is there anything I should be using these for?

Looking ahead, it seems like I will get better gear through the MSQ than anything I can trade these for at Mor Dhona.

I have about 15 MSQs left until HW.

The poetics stuff is still worth it as it's better than anything you will get until about level 55 I think and the MSQ stuff you will get is pretty ghetto. Go ahead and spend it or lose it.

Pachimari

Levelled up to 29 today, and is at MSQ 75. I'll look to level up to lvl 30 archer later before the Switch event. I want to get to MSQ 100 and then do some hunting log to get my pugilist up as well.

Kyoufu

Levelled up to 29 today, and is at MSQ 75. I'll look to level up to lvl 30 archer later before the Switch event. I want to get to MSQ 100 and then do some hunting log to get my pugilist up as well.

Hunting log? Get your Pugilist into Palace of the Dead.

Sylas

Seriously?
dscFhMR.jpg

Tanks almost always have stupidly long queues for 24mans if they solo queue even when the content is fresh. I got into a VA in about 5-10 minutes yesterday as a DPS.

The hunting log is s good start. Work through that for your arc class. Also check your grand guild (one of the big three) for missions or for items they want.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is getting to a high enough gear level to progress through pre-heavensward MSQ's still an issue? I was reading an article about the ilvl 90 requirement for some the MSQ dungeons/trials you have to do on the way to unlocking HW and it mentioned how that can be particularly onerous for new players who just hit 50. The article is also over a year old though, so I'm not sure if that is still the case.

A cursory glance at quest rewards show that everything from 2.2 forward is either 90 or 110, so that is at least reassuring.

garath

Is getting to a high enough gear level to progress through pre-heavensward MSQ's still an issue? I was reading an article about the ilvl 90 requirement for some the MSQ dungeons/trials you have to do on the way to unlocking HW and it mentioned how that can be particularly onerous for new players who just hit 50. The article is also over a year old though, so I'm not sure if that is still the case.

A cursory glance at quest rewards show that everything from 2.2 forward is either 90 or 110, so that is at least reassuring.

I haven't had an issue. I'm level 55 and at quest 70 out of the 100 between ARR and heavensward. I'm currently iLvl 114. Ive just been buying ironworks with poetics as I get them. Even if I didn't, the actual MSQ gives you the gear to accomplish that.

Xevren

I didn't run into any issues when I went through those levels recently.

The MSQs will readily throw gear at you, so you'll be fine. If in doubt, it's rather easy to quickly accrue some Poetics with a few roulettes here and there to supplement any missing gear you need and grab some i120 stuff.

You should be all set by the time you start the Heavensward content. I think the dungeon that will start dropping better gear than the assortment of ~i120 stuff you may still have by then is Sohm Al (level 53-4 dungeon) that will drop i130 stuff.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I find during final phase everyone in my raid group knows the fight like in a11s but they struggle so badly I couldn't get them their clear last week cause I don't have eight arms. As a result, we've pretty much haven't even started 12s yet sadly cause they want everyone cleared on 11 first which is understandable I guess D: But yeah my point being that people are more likely to mess final phase up since they're excited, kinda like my group.

But hey I'm sure you'll get it. These things take tons of practice and can be hard at times!
Thanks. It's true that everyone has to deal with that stress and excitement in the final phase of any big fight. That's why so many complicated phases seem to click from being barely comprehensible garbage to "wait, it was that simple?" once you get it.

My group's been together for a long time and cleared many final turns/floors before, so we know the drill. It's just a matter of getting it down now.

Redx508

Seriously?
dscFhMR.jpg

maybe try running it when is not 4:03am. lol

Thanks. It's true that everyone has to deal with that stress and excitement in the final phase of any big fight. That's why so many complicated phases seem to click from being barely comprehensible garbage to "wait, it was that simple?" once you get it.

My group's been together for a long time and cleared many final turns/floors before, so we know the drill. It's just a matter of getting it down now.

Hahaha, yeah I know what you mean about phases that look so complicated. Ah, did you guys beat coils savage in its prime? I would have liked to be around for that but I heard it was extremely ruthless. Creator savage is the first time I raid with a group so it is a different atmosphere for me. I can't imagine the horrors of Gordias and Midas breaking groups which is why I'm glad I chose to raid this tier because it is more manageable for my casual raid team and I.

Leunam

Tried 8 v 8 PVP for the first time.

And the last time.

Can you queue up with friends for that?

We had 8 PS4 players all together for 4v4 and it was a lot of fun. Lots of shouting and cheering, it inspired us to eventually start a team tournament.

Kyoufu

Can you queue up with friends for that?

We had 8 PS4 players all together for 4v4 and it was a lot of fun. Lots of shouting and cheering, it inspired us to eventually start a team tournament.

Dunno, but it was awful. I was hoping for a WoW Battleground experience and nope, not even close.

Vic_Viper

So close to getting my first real set of Nin gear! These last few levels have actually gone by pretty fast. I'll hit 50 in no time! Completely skipped over a couple LVL 40 job quests, thought the journal would auto update and let me know. Wouldn't have even thought about it had I not looked them up.

What are some easy ways to make Gil? The auction house seems way more confusing then it needs to be. Is there anything else I could be doing to make Gil quickly? I'll need a day off work to sit down and actually understand how selling actually works in the auction house.

Also, would any Ninjas at LVL 50+ mind posting a pic of their UI/Hotbar set up for me. Been getting to check out all the rest of the abilities I'm about to get soon in PotD and not sure where to put them.

So, another newb question. What is the quickest way to level a second class? I finished base Realm as a Paladin without any of the marauder cross skills, which the internet is telling me is insanity. So, now I'm working on that, and it's a fucking crawl going back to low level stuff. Any tips?

So, another newb question. What is the quickest way to level a second class? I finished base Realm as a Paladin without any of the marauder cross skills, which the internet is telling me is insanity. So, now I'm working on that, and it's a fucking crawl going back to low level stuff. Any tips?
Do your early hunting log entries and spam Palace of the Dead.

Arkeband

Banned
They address it by giving a reason for people to do it again. Next patch will add upgrades to 260 gear that will likely need Void Ark as well, thats your cue.

That will help, but they also need to increase rewards for old content. There's really no good reason Void Ark needs to be only 50 lore, that just screams "you're better off doing something else."

Vic_Viper

Is there a face mask helm in game similar to Kakashi's from Naruto?

naruto-kakashi_1188221145.jpg

Just found out about these Metal Gear themed sets coming in 3.5. Love the Ocelot one in the middle lol.

FFXIV-15.jpg

Can't tell which is the Rogue/Nin set

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom