• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartfyre

I'm hoping we get some preliminary patch notes tomorrow. I need confirmation about exactly what's in next week's update and what might be included in Part II. I wanna grind out an anima weapon so bad right now.

EDIT: Just noticed that the patch minisite has a "Patch 3.5x" tag on both the revamped Diadem and the Zhloe stuff...which indicates to me that we can expect everything else next week, including anima goodness.

aceface

I'm hoping we get some preliminary patch notes tomorrow. I need confirmation about exactly what's in next week's update and what might be included in Part II. I wanna grind out an anima weapon so bad right now.

EDIT: Just noticed that the patch minisite has a "Patch 3.5x" tag on both the revamped Diadem and the Zhloe stuff...which indicates to me that we can expect everything else next week, including anima goodness.

My guess is both patches are going to have an anima step. One to i270, one to i275.

iammeiam

Famitsu interviewed YoshiP. /

Highlights of translated bits:

270 relic step confirmed, will actually not be tomestone based, but will be rough. 275 later and will be ez.

Aether oil and umbrite nerfs coming

Proto-Ultima coming after EU Fanfest, will drop accessories.

Bird drop rate for existing primals that haven't seen a bump yet will see a bump.

Lucia equivalents coming, but achievement based.

Poverty gobdip in 3.55; scripture cap will double in 3.55 too.

ebil

If it requires being on the job to progress it, absolutely. Nexus was my least favorite step in the level 50 relic questline because it made you feel bad whenever you wanted to play a different job.

iammeiam

If it requires being on the job to progress it, absolutely. Nexus was my least favorite step in the level 50 relic questline because it made you feel bad whenever you wanted to play a different job.

I also totally don't get sticking light grind in the middle of a tier (if they do it the same way as Nexus) instead of at the beginning. I get that it's the 'casual' option, but this tier has been super laid back so it forces you to be on a specific job that you may actually already have a better weapon for (Zurvan dropping at 265 would make this semi-common.)

Sticking the infinite grind MUST BE ON JOB step here is just kinda :/ And makes me wish I'd taken AST relic or something instead of going for glamour for main. Although they did fix that issue with atma for HW so maybe they will here as well.

Kenai

I suppose it would be too much to hope for that he meant skill based difficulty rather than grind-y or rng based difficulty, eh?

ebil

I also totally don't get sticking light grind in the middle of a tier, instead of at the beginning. I get that it's the 'casual' option, but this tier has been super laid back so it forces you to be on a specific job that you may actually already have a better weapon for (Zurvan dropping at 265 would make this semi-common.)

Sticking the infinite grind MUST BE ON JOB step here is just kinda :/ And makes me wish I'd taken AST relic or something instead of going for glamour for main.
Yeah, I know where you're coming from. I have my main and main alts' weapons already and I really don't feel like grinding with an inferior weapon just because. I might actually start a completely new weapon for my 4th or 5th job if it makes for good glamour as it's what relic is for anyway.

Hopefully they'll implement it in a way that won't require being on the job, like you could be carrying around a "weapon soul crystal" that needs charging or whatever.

I suppose it would be too much to hope for that he meant skill based difficulty rather than grind-y or rng based difficulty, eh?
Will never happen. This isn't what they designed relic for.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Done for the night, halfway to 50 and just started the Operation Archon MSQ. Should hit 50 tomorrow and hopefully get cracking on those 100 pre-heavensward quests.

wamberz1

Finally, FINALLY cleared Seph EX.
Feel like this right now:
giphy.gif

When people actually freaking call out towers your chance of winning goes up 100fold
on to final steps of faith EX

Light step is okay but it gets really boring being forced to play the same job over and over again while trying to hit the duties that have the light bonus for that time. Will just take it easy, no real rush since I can't muster any sort of urge to learn 11s or 12s.

Aether oil and umbrite nerfs coming

Thank fucking god.

Granted, I took like a few weeks' break a couple months back, and I've been going at collecting the oil and umbrites very casually, but holy shit, is it taking forever. 80 needed for both for the maximum is absolutely stupid.

B.K.

I was doing the Coperbell Mines dungeon and forgot I had the Switch event on in another monitor. I thought that dungeon just had some really weird music.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Okay, so got my archer to 15. I'm assuming I still need to finish the lvl 30 THM quest before I can begin being a Black Mage even though my THM is already lvl 30?
Job quests are just a continuation of Class quests with a different NPC, so yes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If I can't buy the Seph bird in the patch I will literally cry
They are adding the ability to exchange 99 tokens from each fight for birds up to Nidhogg and will slightly increase the drop rate for the Sophia bird according to the 4gamer interview.

I didn't read that reddit thread, but according to the above interview, Yoshi didn't have a good idea for the new trial, so he went with the Hana Ichi Monme children's game.

ebil

Alexandrian gear becoming dyable is a nice change. I liked that the models were slightly different, hopefully they stick with this in 4.0.

YO
To ensure the execution of actions which require special status effects, the timing with which these status effects are applied or removed has been adjusted.

* In addition, we have made adjustments to prevent connectivity issues which resulted in mudras failing to activate
YOOOOOOO

Frumix

Suffering From Success
This is like QoL the update.
Actual content spread thin across three stages of the patch. Oh well.
I guess GARO crossover is a permanent stay and not a seasonal then, but no words on how to get those mounts.

Zurvan looks great I suppose.

aceface

Hm, it says you don't have to stick to the required role requirements for a full alliance. Was that always the case? Could make full GAF Dun Scaith easier to put together.

That being said be there for full GAF Dun Scaith, Tuesday night 9pm Eastern!!

iammeiam

Oh my god they got rid of clipping food:

Should players consume a food item while already under its effects, the duration of the effects will be extended.

The effects will be extended up to twice the duration of the original time. If you combine the food's effect with Grand Company actions, however, the effects may be extended further.
* Please note that the HQ and NQ versions of an item cannot be used together.

No more having to remember to refresh mid-pull so you don't waste five or six minutes of a food buff.

ALSO no more accidentally releasing thinking it's a rez:
When choosing to return to the starting point of an instance in the middle of a battle, players must now press and hold the confirmation button.

Omni

I wonder if we'll get new models for the Anima weapons.

I hate how plastic the WHM one looks right now. Also how messy the glow is. If not I'll probably just skip it and buy the 12s one

Leunam

I wonder if we'll get new models for the Anima weapons.

I hate how plastic the WHM one looks right now. Also how messy the glow is. If not I'll probably just skip it and buy the 12s one

New models this patch, glow next patch is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom