• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I had a funny PotD

Queue up, "Already in Progress"...
Load in, Boss @10%, 1 swing, dead

30 poetics, 60 Lore, 2,000 gil, 4 Iron-trimmed Sacks for 15 secs
Amazing!

Arkeband

Banned
I wasn't expecting hotbar shapes in 3.5, that will free up at least one of mine, since I was using two vertical bars to make a 2x2 grid for Astrologian card actions as big buttons in the center of my action bar area.

Triple Triad tournaments finally being fixed came out of nowhere too, weird that it took so long to implement this.

The rest of the QOL is good but they're starting to turn their menus into a bloated mess.

wamberz1

Yo Zurvan's 2nd Stage looks metal as fuck
So I had a funny PotD

Queue up, "Already in Progress"...
Load in, Boss @10%, 1 swing, dead

30 poetics, 60 Lore, 2,000 gil, 4 Iron-trimmed Sacks for 15 secs
Amazing!
This is why I always queue up for parties in progress for POTD. Since you have to change the setting from the duty finder i think a lot of people don't know about it. Insanely fast XP.

Ogawa-san

Holy mother of QoLs...

I might resub just to call my chocobo out, queue for Sophia (because 200 totems aren't enough), look at that super convenient new queue status text, kill her without seeing other people's combat text, then log out.

wamberz1

1bbb52f23cb2a462dec0230aa523d0406f57ed97_86.png

I never realized how much I wanted this until this moment

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I'm reading through the patch notes and the most impactful change I see so far is the party system changes and this opens up alot of possibilities for players who are willing to party up instead on relying on Duty Finder so much.

iammeiam

so no tomestone in Dun Scaith? rip

This is less annoying than it sounds largely because no dip in Dun Scaith until 3.55, and Zurvan should slot in at i265, so Zurvan weapon would beat out unupgraded Shire anyway. If they take A12N gears off lockout in 3.55, you could just spam that and go from Zurvan to upgraded Shire in one go.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Are Clan Mark bills for everyone the same?

My shit is broken

I have Lone Yeti as my 1*, 2*, and 3* kill enemy
Fucking hilarious
Last couple of bills I've been getting dupes, I ain't complaining, but this Triple is crazy
Net 22 Centurion Seals by murdering 2 Lone Yeti's lol, I'll take it!

K8JZyds.jpg

I'm glad I got Sophia's mount because if they had to increase the drop rate it must have been hilariously low. I mean it took ages to buff Seph's drop rate so I wonder if the devs are entirely sadistic.

wamberz1

The QOL feature I'm hoping for next patch - an option to disable the annoying blue filter around the edge of the screen when editing your character

This is less annoying than it sounds largely because no dip in Dun Scaith until 3.55, and Zurvan should slot in at i265, so Zurvan weapon would beat out unupgraded Shire anyway. If they take A12N gears off lockout in 3.55, you could just spam that and go from Zurvan to upgraded Shire in one go.

yeah I just don't have a group right now so atm the Palace Weapon is the best I can do. Maybe if I can get a group to do Zurvan at some point but... yeah. For people who have a raid group it's no big deal.

I would just like to be as geared as possible to make myself a better proposition for a raid group.

iammeiam

yeah I just don't have a group right now so atm the Palace Weapon is the best I can do. Maybe if I can get a group to do Zurvan at some point but... yeah. For people who have a raid group it's no big deal.

I would just like to be as geared as possible to make myself a better proposition for a raid group.

I did all my Sophia stuff via PF and then RF; RF was surprisingly solid for primal farming thanks to the only-match-with-cleared checkbox. Grab an early PF clear and you should have a pretty easy path to unlimited Zurvan weapons.

You don't need a static group to get a Zurvan clear. Hell, people with statics will likely have no need for a Zurvan weapon.

wamberz1

So when do these patches typically drop? It's coming out this Tuesday right? Does they typically go up around the same time as the weekly reset?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So when do these patches typically drop? It's coming out this Tuesday right? Does they typically go up around the same time as the weekly reset?
Patch drops on Tuesday but I think servers are down on Monday while they implement the patch.

aceface

Patch drops on Tuesday but I think servers are down on Monday while they implement the patch.

Yeah, there's a 24 hour maintenance this time around. The game will be down from 2:00am PST on the 16th until 2:00am PST on the 17th which is when the patch will go live.

B.K.

This is why I always queue up for parties in progress for POTD. Since you have to change the setting from the duty finder i think a lot of people don't know about it. Insanely fast XP.

You can join teams in progress? I've been reading up on POTD a bit because I'm almost at the point where I can unlock it. I thought everyone had to enter at the same time to get credit and you always have to go with the same people, unless you solo it.

Saw Asami in his perpetual afk with the 12 mount earlier. Gratz guys. When did you beat it?

------------

The crafter in my group asked me to log in and buy a bunch of shit while he was stuck at work.

I wonder if the patch notes set a light off or something. I guess this preemptive planning is how you rake in the billions, aside from being able to not blow up millions in mats.

We one shot 11s tonight.... wow. Its too bad none of these Alex pieces really suit my healer Bis except the chest and some accessories I already have. I will collect them for glam purposes I suppose. On to 12s now. It will take awhile to gather my blm bis pieces as we have a blm in our group t_t.

Rizzi

It's usually 1~5 minutes wait for me.

I sat in a queue for 40 minutes last night before I gave up and went to bed. Currently at 20 minutes this time. So that's.. Fun I guess.
I have no idea what the inside of this place even looks like because I've not been able to find a group.

suzu

I sat in a queue for 40 minutes last night before I gave up and went to bed. Currently at 20 minutes this time. So that's.. Fun I guess.
I have no idea what the inside of this place even looks like because I've not been able to find a group.

You're on Tonberry? It's a JP server right? Are you queuing with only the [E] language box ticked? That might explain your long queues.

Qvoth

Yeah generally it's fine to tick all languages
Obviously better if you understand some Japanese, but there's plenty of people who don't speak jp and still q there anyway

Sadly cancelled my sub a day before it ran out. I barely have the motivation to play this anymore, 3.5 looks alright but it just looks like more of the same. After a few years of doing the same cycle over and over I think its time to call it quits.

I'll see if Stormblood pulls me in, but if it doesn't then may Hydaelyn watch over you.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Palace of the Dead 1-10.
I think most people moved to 51-60, since there's literally no reason to do 1-10 if you have 51+ unlocked unless your aetherpool gear is lower than 20-30.
I think the gear requirement for 51+ is something like 18/18.
Just blaze through 1-50 asap and leave those low, boring floors behind. The time investment-rewards are better for 51-60 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom