• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Strange, potd shouldn't take that long
Probably better to check the language choices, press u for the shortcut to duty finder
I'm not sure about other Japanese servers, but on Durandal where I am, PotD queues can take a while based on the floors you are doing at the time of the day.

I wonder if they'll ever make it accessible from any location, instead of making you go to Quarrymill. They should at least put a bell there.

Redx508

AEmIUgc.png
We are doing two runs of Dun Scaith 24 man raid(3 alliance) on patch day(Jan 17).
AEmIUgc.png

Run-1 at 3pm EST
Run-2 at 9pm EST

Make sure you clear weeping city before than if you want to join.

fHGHBO6.png

Free savage coil titles! Didn't realize how easy it was until I tried it. T7 title is not free though. Dear god is it not free. It was funny to see how much of a mess it was last night though.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
AEmIUgc.png
We are doing two runs of Dun Scaith 24 man raid(3 alliance) on patch day(Jan 17).
AEmIUgc.png

Run-1 at 3pm EST
Run-2 at 9pm EST

Make sure you clear weeping city before than if you want to join.

fHGHBO6.png

Awesome. I should be able to do the 9pm one.

On another note - I think I am going to have to buy a 3rd retainer to store all the GARO gear.

Lanrutcon

So the patch notes indicate I need to get to ilvl 230 asap :(

I have a 210 weapon. What's my best bet for an upgrade to 230 or higher? I only started playing again recently. Reddit says "POTD" (which I will try tonight).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So the patch notes indicate I need to get to ilvl 230 asap :(

I have a 210 weapon. What's my best bet for an upgrade to 230 or higher? I only started playing again recently. Reddit says "POTD" (which I will try tonight).
PotD. Super easy 235, a bit more time consuming (a few hours), but still super easy 255.

LProtag

I would save it for one of two situations:
1) You want to level an alt class
2) Your level isn't high enough for MSQ

I was just wondering, because of the suggestions to get a good weapon from it, I wasn't sure if I was missing out on time I could put into it right now. I haven't even tried it yet.

wamberz1

I was just wondering, because of the suggestions to get a good weapon from it, I wasn't sure if I was missing out on time I could put into it right now. I haven't even tried it yet.

The weapon won't matter until endgame anyways, and there is a pretty good chance somewhere along the way you're going to want to try out another class, with POTD is great for.
However, if you want to just try it, or you're pretty sure you're not going to want to try another class later, then feel free.

Haven't played since 3.05 went live, and I'm thinking of resubbing soon, been getting the mmo itch lately :)

I got my PLD full i180 (asuran). Last things I remember beating were bismark extreme and alex raid. Is doing the new msqs the best way to get caught up gear wise? No real end game goals in mind, just kinda wondering what the progression is like from where I left off.

Haven't played since 3.05 went live, and I'm thinking of resubbing soon, been getting the mmo itch lately :)

I got my PLD full i180 (asuran). Last things I remember beating were bismark extreme and alex raid. Is doing the new msqs the best way to get caught up gear wise? No real end game goals in mind, just kinda wondering what the progression is like from where I left off.

Do the Centurio clan (3.0) hunts, buy the old i200 artifact gear with the tokens as filler to reach minimum item level requirements for dungeons and raids like Weeping City and the normal tiers of Alexander (they're really cheap). Any loot you get from any of those should replace the i200 stuff. As you're running all this content, you're building up Lore and Scripture tomestones (Scripture is the most recent); replace dungeon/raid gear with those.

Vic_Viper

Anyone here use a Gil Vendor before? Is there a recommended site to use with the best prices?

How do they work? Do you have to be logged on when tou make the purchase?

Do the Centurio clan (3.0) hunts, buy the old i200 artifact gear with the tokens as filler to reach minimum item level requirements for dungeons and raids like Weeping City and the normal tiers of Alexander (they're really cheap). Any loot you get from any of those should replace the i200 stuff. As you're running all this content, you're building up Lore and Scripture tomestones (Scripture is the most recent); replace dungeon/raid gear with those.

Thanks, does getting seals at a decent rate still require to be in a hunt LS?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Playing on PC? Get the guildwork client installed to know where hunts are. Though, doing a shout or two to try and get in a hunt LS won't hurt. It's pretty easy to max reward while you play solo, it's just a matter of learning that a hunt is up ASAP.

Lanrutcon

Centurio seals are from clan hunts, not normal hunts. Totally solo-able, and you don't have to fight other people for it. Only exception is the weekly target, which you'll need help with.

The hunts you're thinking of are seperate.

Spent the evening in POTD and it is fuck awesome. Gonna start spending most of my time in there.

Edit: just saw I can't queue for floors above 50 :( sad panda. Need a group.

Centurio seals are from clan hunts, not normal hunts. Totally solo-able, and you don't have to fight other people for it. Only exception is the weekly target, which you'll need help with.

The hunts you're thinking of are seperate.

Spent the evening in POTD and it is fuck awesome. Gonna start spending most of my time in there.

Edit: just saw I can't queue for floors above 50 :( sad panda. Need a group.

A and S rank hunts drop centurio seals I thought?

Arkeband

Banned
Gonna finally give NiddEx a shot in Raid Finder, which is also my first use of Raid Finder... let's see how this goes. Should be slightly easier now that I waited until i250...

edit: one hour later... raid finder is useless. DED GAEM

B.K.

Just got Palace of the Dead unlocked. Now to read up on how this place works. I really hope it's better than Nyzul in XI. That place was horrible. I never really did get used to it.

wamberz1

Gonna finally give NiddEx a shot in Raid Finder, which is also my first use of Raid Finder... let's see how this goes. Should be slightly easier now that I waited until i250...

edit: one hour later... raid finder is useless. DED GAEM
Yeah raid finder sucks except for the absolute most recent content. PF during the afternoon is a much better bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom