• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So whats the best way to level a class to 50 pre-heavensward?

Transferring over to a server to play with some friends and switching classes to fit what they would need. Thing is my BRD is only 36 and I havent even gotten to heavensward content with my old main DRG. It seems people don't really do low level fates like they used to anymore so that rules that out for leveling. I know people mention palace of the dead but I'm assuming unlocking that requires getting to heavensward content.

Transferring over to a server to play with some friends and switching classes to fit what they would need. Thing is my BRD is only 36 and I havent even gotten to heavensward content with my old main DRG. It seems people don't really do low level fates like they used to anymore so that rules that out for leveling. I know people mention palace of the dead but I'm assuming unlocking that requires getting to heavensward content.

I have this exact same question.

Omni

PotD can be unlocked at level 17 or something.

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/The_House_That_Death_Built

Kilvas

So all my friends are on Excalibur, but after two days of trying I couldn't get on. So I decided to start on Ultros with a Conjurer. Made it to level 12 after only a couple of hours. I'm really into doing dungeons, so I'm hoping I can do a lot of leveling in those.

On a side note I saw someone in the GAF free company, but didn't know what to do with my hands. I just got all sweaty and freezed up. Was gonna see about joining, but then I was invited to a free company called HS. Said my pompadour was cute. Someone then gave me 100,000 gil, then later someone gave me a bunch of consumables and some gear for later. Everyone was really nice and their main healer dude said I could ask him if I needed help. I feel like I'm just gonna stick with these guys and see what happens.

So far I've had a lot of great random interactions too. I feel like I can really get into this, but its a lot to take in. Even with all my WoW experience. The OT has helped a lot. I'm kind of a GAF lurker, so if anyone needs a healer later on my name is Josuke Diamond. Hope thats how friends are added anyway.

Redx508

Eorzea Census 2016

http://gamerescape.com/2017/01/13/eorzean-census-2016/

eorzeancensus2016slide1-1024x572.jpg
i'm surprised sch is on top.
more in the link

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The reason SCH and SMN numbers are traditionally high is because you get one with the other by leveling ACN. If somebody leveled SMN they also have a SCH and vice versa. It's basically inflated and doesn't mean that every SMN in question regularly plays SCH, or any healer at all.

AEmIUgc.png
We are doing two runs of Dun Scaith 24 man raid(3 alliance) on patch day(Jan 17).
AEmIUgc.png

Run-1 at 3pm EST
Run-2 at 9pm EST

Make sure you clear weeping city before than if you want to join.

fHGHBO6.png

I'd like to join in on the 2nd run if possible. Full GAF raids were always fun in the past.

I thought everyone was with Maelstrom. Well I sure am glad I picked it, because it's the best. They have the best armours and live in the best city.

It's funny to keep seeing people try to undersell so much on the market that they actually put things up for cheaper than they sell for to NPCs. Got some clear demimateria III for 4000 each. They sell or 5000. What are you people doing!?

ebil

How can SMN be the 2nd lowest on total job distribution, but highest on DPS distribution?
I really would like to know how the person doing these decides whether someone is a SMN main or a SCH main and how they do the breakdowns for the SMN/SCH populations. I don't think any of the SMN and SCH numbers are to be taken at face value because the method they use appears to be flawed.

For instance, if you look at A12s clears on fflogs there's 1122 registered entries for SMN and 1486 for MCH (which is the least popular job of them all according to the census). Now you could say it's because MCH is in the speed running meta and SMN isn't which naturally skews fflogs number, which is true to an extent. DRG has 1900+ clears, NIN 1700+, BRD 1485, while BLM has 1300+, MNK has 1200. SMN still is below this by a fair margin.

If anything and even though there's a lot of people who have SMN at level 60 (some of them only by virtue of having SCH at 60), you could say that SMN is under-represented in actual endgame content.

TL;DR: if they consider every ACN 60 playing the game is a SMN, your SMN numbers will be high.

edit: I also remember that adding the % of DRK, PLD and WAR in the last census amounted to a number largely superior to 100% so i don't think they take statistics very seriously.

PikkonX

So um I'm back online after not playing since Nov. 2015 (3.01?). Any quick way to see what's changed? I still hadn't completed the Heavenward content at that time, so probably not too much that applies to me.

B.K.

I was half way through a 10 floor run of PotD and my computer shut off on me again. I've got to figure out what's causing this. I lowered the game's graphics settings to see if maybe it's getting something too hot. I just don't understand why it has happened at almost the same time three out of the four times it has happened.

wamberz1

I was half way through a 10 floor run of PotD and my computer shut off on me again. I've got to figure out what's causing this. I lowered the game's graphics settings to see if maybe it's getting something too hot. I just don't understand why it has happened at almost the same time three out of the four times it has happened.
This probably isn't it, but it's worth checking because I had a similar issue. In the launcher make sure your running the game with DX11, not DX9.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, I'm thinking of server transferring to Ultros to join with GAF. Probably wouldn't do it till around Stormblood time.

2 questions though.

1. Is there any way to get around the 1mil gil limit transfer. I have quite a bit more than that and don't want to lose it.

2. What's Ultros' housing like? Everything full up?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Similiar to Dr. Forester's question above - getting ready to server transfer and even after storing with retainers still looking at a good 350k above the 1 million limit. What would be some good items to buy on the market board to then sell when I transfer. I mean, I know I'll need to compare prices across the servers, I'm just looking for good ideas for what items to look at.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Currently queued for Leviathan. Making my way though these level 50 MSQ's at a pretty decent clip, it looks like I'm about 2/5 of the way to Heavensward.

Similiar to Dr. Forester's question above - getting ready to server transfer and even after storing with retainers still looking at a good 350k above the 1 million limit. What would be some good items to buy on the market board to then sell when I transfer. I mean, I know I'll need to compare prices across the servers, I'm just looking for good ideas for what items to look at.

Minions.

Squishy3

You can also buy the allagan pieces of gold/silver/whatever because I think people sell those on the MB for this exact purpose

Vic_Viper

Is there room for another garden in the Gaf FC house? Haven't even started one yet but I've been considering botany as my first discipline. When I do get to that point would I be better off trying to get my own house for my garden?

aceface

There's a lalafell group? I'm in!

Takato's back across the time void??

I used to have a issue where the computer would often shut off after beating an instance, during that cutscene where the thing dies. For me it was a faulty power supply. I switched out the PSU and it never happened again.

Crafting materia always seems like a good bet, although I haven't checked prices lately.

Is there room for another garden in the Gaf FC house? Haven't even started one yet but I've been considering botany as my first discipline. When I do get to that point would I be better off trying to get my own house for my garden?

Right now the FC house has the maximum number of gardens, you'd have to talk to drama if you want to use them. If you want a garden for only your own personal use, getting your own house would be your best bet.

B.K.

Almost 80k experience points in about 30 minutes doing PotD. Seems pretty good. Is there a way to select what floors you want to do? I cleared 20. Is there a way to select 1-10 or 10-20 if I want to farm experience or levels for the gear?

Weekly reminder that I'm looking for a group. Nothing too hardcore, just some people I can run and have fun with. Fiorelle Laurent on Ultros. I'm a MNK. Hit me up!

garath

For frequent random shutoffs like that I generally look toward replacing the PSU

Almost 80k experience points in about 30 minutes doing PotD. Seems pretty good. Is there a way to select what floors you want to do? I cleared 20. Is there a way to select 1-10 or 10-20 if I want to farm experience or levels for the gear?
You can only choose to start at floor 1 or floor 51

Lanrutcon

Ok. Ok.

Opinion: POTD is fucking awesome and a brilliant way to not only level jobs, but gather weapons at the same time. I am honestly amazed at how good it is. Thought I'd only get my +90 on my SCH, but I'm gonna do it for all my jobs.

Wilsongt

Ok. Ok.

Opinion: POTD is fucking awesome and a brilliant way to not only level jobs, but gather weapons at the same time. I am honestly amazed at how good it is. Thought I'd only get my +90 on my SCH, but I'm gonna do it for all my jobs.

Good way to get minions, also.

B.K.

I bought a physical copy of Heavensward from Amazon last night and I'm waiting for it to ship. Do I need it, though? When I installed the game, there was a 25GB client update. Did it download the Heavensward data? Do I just need an activation code to get it? Can I cancel the one I ordered, buy a digital copy, and not have to download anything else?

xxczx

I bought a physical copy of Heavensward from Amazon last night and I'm waiting for it to ship. Do I need it, though? When I installed the game, there was a 25GB client update. Did it download the Heavensward data? Do I just need an activation code to get it? Can I cancel the one I ordered, buy a digital copy, and not have to download anything else?
Yes, to play the game you need to download all the data so that includes HW.

It depends though if you're starting the game new or not, then if you just brought Heavensward you would need to cancel that and buy Final Fantasy XIV: Online which includes the base game plus Heavensward. If you don't care about the physical box you can buy a code online.

Hikami

Would you guys mind if joined the GAF FC again?
I left like a month ago without saying anything, sorry about that.

I had an irl friend get into the game but he couldn't create a character on Ultros so I transferred to a server where he could make a character so we could play together. Now that his free month is up it looks like he's not resubbing though :I

Now I'm stuck on a not so great server. I really need to stick to just stick to one, these transfers are expensive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom