• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

did one fantasia to Highlander and i think i outdid myself this time .

ffxiv_dx112017-01-160p1ojs.jpg

ffxiv_dx112017-01-160bbqvw.jpg

ffxiv_dx112017-01-160e9p8e.jpg

Bring on 3.5 and 4.0 .

B.K.

Yes, to play the game you need to download all the data so that includes HW.

It depends though if you're starting the game new or not, then if you just brought Heavensward you would need to cancel that and buy Final Fantasy XIV: Online which includes the base game plus Heavensward. If you don't care about the physical box you can buy a code online.

Thanks. I guess I'll cancel that order and just buy a digital versions of Heavensward and get the activation code. I wanted to get a physical copy because I didn't want to download it, but then I remembered there was a big download when I installed the game and tried to run it to begin with.

Redx508

for the new page

AEmIUgc.png
We are doing two runs of Dun Scaith 24 man raid(3 alliance) on patch day(Jan 17).
AEmIUgc.png

Run-1 at 3pm EST
Run-2 at 9pm EST

Make sure you clear weeping city before than if you want to join.

fHGHBO6.png

Would you guys mind if joined the GAF FC again?
I left like a month ago without saying anything, sorry about that.

sure you can come back.

dramatis

Is there room for another garden in the Gaf FC house? Haven't even started one yet but I've been considering botany as my first discipline. When I do get to that point would I be better off trying to get my own house for my garden?
The gardens are open to planting by people who are GAF Gold and up, just bug somebody to help you plant stuff and people who are Commander and up can harvest later for you.

Would you guys mind if joined the GAF FC again?
I left like a month ago without saying anything, sorry about that.

I had an irl friend get into the game but he couldn't create a character on Ultros so I transferred to a server where he could make a character so we could play together. Now that his free month is up it looks like he's not resubbing though :I

Now I'm stuck on a not so great server. I really need to stick to just stick to one, these transfers are expensive..
There's no problem if you're sure this is what you want. If you think transfers are expensive, it's also possible to hunker down for a bit and think about options on your server.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Got my Ninja to 60 over the weekend (<3 PotD <3) and did all the job quests. To be honest I didn't enjoy them that much. I found the BLM and MCH better. I think the SMN line has been my favorite so far of those I've finished.

Got my hotbars sorted and I think I'll tackle MNK next. PUG was my original main in 1.0, because of how terrible magic looked/played, so I feel a bit guilty not having played him at all in 2.0.

I can't really think of anything else I need to do before maintenance.

I have DRK at 246, WHM and NIN are both at 235 so I should be covered in terms of roles for all the new content.

Scholasticate and New Years Event are done too.

cackhyena

First timer here. Can anyone tell me why I keep getting error codes after about ten minutes of downloading the updates needed for PS4? Haven't even been able to play the game yet. Anyone else experience this?

First timer here. Can anyone tell me why I keep getting error codes after about ten minutes of downloading the updates needed for PS4? Haven't even been able to play the game yet. Anyone else experience this?

My brother is having this exact issue. I don't know... I've been trying everything to fix it but nothing. I only got this issue once last patch so its weird.

Been playing for a week or so after taking a quick break since.. idk, 8-10 months ago. Caught up on MSQ and have just been chilling. Had Ravana EX sitting in my quest log since, well, I guess Heavensward came out and I finally figured I'd give it a shot. Started up DF, and with first group took 4 or 5 tries but we cleared, barely. Whistle dropped, rolled a 76 and won it by 5 points, lol. I consider it karma for some terribly bad rolls with ponies. Overall, a fun fight, and a good night :)

Xevren

I had this issue as well, for DNS I used 4.2.2.2 and as a secondary I used 4.2.2.3. I also had my MTU at 1450. The download was slow but it was the only solution that didn't give me errors. (all in ps4 settings menu's)

Just gonna keep copy and pasting what I did in hopes it works for others. But yea...it sucks.

cackhyena

I had this issue as well, for DNS I used 4.2.2.2 and as a secondary I used 4.2.2.3. I also had my MTU at 1450. The download was slow but it was the only solution that didn't give me errors. (all in ps4 settings menu's)

Just gonna keep copy and pasting what I did in hopes it works for others. But yea...it sucks.
Yeesh, well that's something. Thanks.

garath

I'm closing in on heavensward. I've pretty much stopped all challenge log, potd and daily dungeon roulette to push through this last bit. Finished the final trial tonight and I have around 7 quests left. Damn full day maintenance lol.

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more, finally getting offensive stance for my warrior, gear better than 120 or finally unlocking dark knight. I've already bought all the ironworks and still have poetics left. Ready for next tier.

Level 55 now. Once I get there I'll get back to my daily activities and hopefully be 60 before long. Might as well finish out my warrior before swapping to dark knight. If I even do that at this point.

Why does your reputation with the Vath start out at friendly but your rep with the Vanu at neutral? Seems weird.

Also, flying makes these quests so painless. I wish I had this luxury when I was doing Sylph dailies. >.>

So I just hit lvl 58 DRG, what causes you to go into enhanced wheeling thrust vs sharper fang and claw after heavy/chaos thrust? Is it based on positioning, or is it just random?

So I just hit lvl 58 DRG, what causes you to go into enhanced wheeling thrust vs sharper fang and claw after heavy/chaos thrust? Is it based on positioning, or is it just random?

It's random which one you get. The key is to know which one you use from the flank and which from the rear of an enemy.

Lanrutcon

Goddammit. 12:45am and this computer shut off AGAIN.

Goddammit. 12:45am and this computer shut off AGAIN.

In my experience:

- Temperature
- Power

It's one of those two. Have you tried lowering your settings to poop levels and playing for a stretch? Do you have another game you can test with? something that you can turn up to blistering levels of quality and then check if things go south eventually? Have you checked your power settings (maximum performance)?

Raybunny

Hey folks! So after finishing most of my back log I decided to sub again ( pestered by a friend) this weekend and started playing again.

From launch date to coil T5 where I120 was the ultimate stuff is where my experience it at. Unlocked the level 50 roulette and been doing the main Heavensward quest as a mean to unlock the new dungeons, primals and with it get closer to level 60.

At the moment playing paladin and since I am looking into only tanking, level Drk and Warrior expanding with it all the tank possibilities is one of my goals. Having that in mind I post this reply searching for good leveling ways on the alt characters.

I've heard that Palace of the Dead is a good way of leveling and even get items out of it. Can you enlighten me regarding this method and/or shares your thoughts on how I should tackle this amount of content and things to do.

Hey folks! So after finishing most of my back log I decided to sub again ( pestered by a friend) this weekend and started playing again.

From launch date to coil T5 where I120 was the ultimate stuff is where my experience it at. Unlocked the level 50 roulette and been doing the main Heavensward quest as a mean to unlock the new dungeons, primals and with it get closer to level 60.

At the moment playing paladin and since I am looking into only tanking, level Drk and Warrior expanding with it all the tank possibilities is one of my goals. Having that in mind I post this reply searching for good leveling ways on the alt characters.

I've heard that Palace of the Dead is a good way of leveling and even get items out of it. Can you enlighten me regarding this method and/or shares your thoughts on how I should tackle this amount of content and things to do.

For tanks/healers spam PotD until level 53 and then spam dungeons. Or just spam PotD nonstop.

Omni

Interesting. Seems to be an Anima minion but no new models

I suppose what we have now are their final forms then? That would suck

Arkeband

Banned
Well gonna do plenty of PvP so I'll be earning lights that way for sure. Otherwise, no need to rush things.

I would be shocked if they allow you to get light from PVP - that would allow people to knock out two birds with one stone, something frustratingly absent from most light grinding.

I would be shocked if they allow you to get light from PVP - that would allow people to knock out two birds with one stone, something frustratingly absent from most light grinding.
PVP worked for Nexus Light. Hell, it's yet another incentive to get people to fill PVP queues.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
PvP should work, with exception of Level 50 instances (so Fold, Secure and Slaughter are out). Anima will obtain points only in Heavensward instances.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm closing in on heavensward. I've pretty much stopped all challenge log, potd and daily dungeon roulette to push through this last bit. Finished the final trial tonight and I have around 7 quests left. Damn full day maintenance lol.

I've been doing virtually only pre-heavensward MSQ since hitting 50 a few days ago. Haven't been doing daily roulette's or anything. I just finished the third out of the 5 pre-HW patch questlines last night and am barely into 51, but I'm not really concerned with level at this point as HW starts at 50 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom