• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Anyone else constantly getting DC'd from the server? I can't log back in.
Yup, instance server died yesterday.

My group had just wiped at 1% on A12S and the crash happened about two pulls later. We totally would have gotten it in another few tries if the server didn't die. :(

Vic_Viper

Are the servers down the entire day? Am I reading that right lol?

Have today off from work and was going to finally hit 50 today.

wamberz1

Man, I'm insanely excited for Zurvan. This will be my first time ever going into a trial without knowing the music and how to beat it. Gonna do a totally blind run.

dramatis

Paissa Floor Lamp
Tabletop
The complete hide of a skinned paissa, cured and then molded into a quaint lampshade...or at least that is what one might think when first viewing this intricately crafted lamp. (No paissas were harmed in the creation of this furnishing.)​
This is ok, but Paissa House is a no

Red Cherry Blossoms
Miscellany
A bunch of red Shroud cherry blossoms, selectively fertilized to achieve their vibrant color.

Bouquets can be placed within select vases for display in estates.​
We can grow Cherry Blossoms...this is probably what Saplings grow.

ebil

Paissa Floor Lamp
Tabletop
The complete hide of a skinned paissa, cured and then molded into a quaint lampshade...or at least that is what one might think when first viewing this intricately crafted lamp. (No paissas were harmed in the creation of this furnishing.)​
This is ok, but Paissa House is a no

Red Cherry Blossoms
Miscellany
A bunch of red Shroud cherry blossoms, selectively fertilized to achieve their vibrant color.

Bouquets can be placed within select vases for display in estates.​
We can grow Cherry Blossoms...this is probably what Saplings grow.
I keep telling this to my FC mates but I feel like this is a losing battle.

Cmagus

Are they gonna nerf the previous relic step because I'm about halfway done but I can't be bothered grinding the huge amount of tomes for Umbrite anymore it's such a borefest.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Any space for those 24 Man Raid things for Non-GAFfers, for the Mhachi thingy
I can be reserve if need be
Most likely will be ilvl245+ by afternoon, Running on WAR

I got 8 days left on my sub
I'm hoping that Cross Data Center PF is a Godsend, so I can catch up to endgame at least
Missing so much stuff, that no one ever does

Might buy 60 day time card if its worth it

I didn't realize maintenance time had hit, I was like 5 secs away from trading my PotD Axe for the Kinna version, just as I targeted her, it crashed, fucking lol

Also Holy Fucking Shit you can make ungodly gil quick now with certain items
I mean Jesus this is crazier than Coke and Peacock Ore days

How long till data mining, I wanna see the ilvl260 gear that drops from the 24 dungeon
I'm guessing this one is 1 item a week + 1 mhachi matter
Anything else to run it extra times for?
Someone said you don't earn Tomestones in this one right?

I'm hoping that Cross Data Center PF is a Godsend, so I can catch up to endgame at least

I didn't realize maintenance time had hit, I was like 5 secs away from trading my PotD Axe for the Kinna version, just as I targeted her, it crashed, fucking lol

How long till data mining, I wanna see the ilvl260 gear that drops from the 24 dungeon

Data mining doesn't happen until we're able to download the patch. So expect it between like 2-4am Eastern.

Cmagus

Cross data center is gonna be great. Hopefully now it'll be easier to find people to do content. It'll also be nice to find some people who want to do older content like some of the older savages for mounts and stuff.

After the patch is released I wanna complete the new content and then focus on PVP while it's busy and hopefully unlock those mounts before it becomes quiet again. Still if anyone wants to work on clearing stuff like POTD I'd be down for that or if any newer players need a hand.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Was on the Lodestone, checking my stats
Holy Shit, I'm playing fucking casual and still came in #11 Weekly in earning seals lol

Crazy

iammeiam

So it looks like they're going to do prior relic step nerfs in stages. Aether Oil on Thursday of this week, Umbrite at some mysterious point in the future.

Light grind requiring you equip the relic means I'm realistically not going to get a relic done in the expansion. Maybe I'll just go back and do some ARR ones for glamour purposes.

Will the light farming be EX primals this time for bonus windows? ;P

Bonus windows being ARR EX primals that only reward HW light if you run them synced would be kind of hilarious.

Kronotech

I've been working my way back into the game recently. Just hit 54 with my MNK but I feel low on ilvl now at 122ish. Still sporting my Ironworks weapon, what should I be striving for? Anima?

Also, is no one on Sargatanas anymore? Did everyone migrate to Ultros?

Wilsongt

I've been working my way back into the game recently. Just hit 54 with my MNK but I feel low on ilvl now at 122ish. Still sporting my Ironworks weapon, what should I be striving for? Anima?

Also, is no one on Sargatanas anymore? Did everyone migrate to Ultros?

Ironworks weapon is good till 55. People are still on Sarg, except the unofficial GAF FC broke apart due to incompetent leadership.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So what are the details behind the PVP event? You need to run it to get the GARO gear, then the mounts?

You buy a set of armor (except for the belt and the accessories) and the weapon for a job of your choice, equip them, and talk to the event dude, this will give you an achievement and a title, while wearing that title you win in 10 frontlines, 30 feast matches or 60 matches total that can be either frontlines or feast. Each of those three correspond to one of the mounts.

cackhyena

Just wanted to say thanks for the help, guys. Set my DNS to Google's (don't know why I hadn't already as everything else I set up is already done that way) and I'm far past the point I was any time it would time out on the update.

Note I can finally get a crack at this game and see what the fuss is about.

Raoh

I'm back in the game. Had a character on balmung but decided to start fresh on ultros. Finally getting the hang of things and dam server maintenance. On a holiday of all days,.

Anyway, I'll be playing casually/solo mostly due demanding job and pregnant wife

Can anyone point me to good links for hotbars and macros? I'd like to create sets for each class/job.

PSN: LordRaoh
FFXIV Ultros World: Ladd Russo

Is there a problem with the patcher on PS4? I have not played FFXIV since I got my PS4 Pro so when I fired it up earlier eager to play was treated to having to download 13GB of patches, so I have been sat in the patcher screen all night as if when I tried to start Netflix or anything else on the PS4 it said it would suspend FFXIV and disable its network connection.

So have been waiting hours for it to patch and now I am on the last 2455.73MB I keep getting hit with "unable to download patch" errors and keeps shutting down the patcher and restarting the 2016.02.08.0000.0000 patch over and over again.

Is it best just to shut it all down and call it a night and try downloading tomorrow or something or is there some trick I can try to get it passed this stubborn update?

Edit: Also not been keeping up on the news but has there been any enhancements for the PS4 Pro or will it just run box standard PS4 performance wise?

So what are the details behind the PVP event? You need to run it to get the GARO gear, then the mounts?

I think I read in reddit that it isn't an event. They are permanent. There is no window you need to get them by.

But you use seals to buy the armor and then wins while wearing them to get the mounts like all the other pvp mounts.

Edit, beaten. I should refresh the page before I bother replying

Is there a problem with the patcher on PS4? I have not played FFXIV since I got my PS4 Pro so when I fired it up earlier eager to play was treated to having to download 13GB of patches, so I have been sat in the patcher screen all night as if when I tried to start Netflix or anything else on the PS4 it said it would suspend FFXIV and disable its network connection.

So have been waiting hours for it to patch and now I am on the last 2455.73MB I keep getting hit with "unable to download patch" errors and keeps shutting down the patcher and restarting the 2016.02.08.0000.0000 patch over and over again.

Is it best just to shut it all down and call it a night and try downloading tomorrow or something or is there some trick I can try to get it passed this stubborn update?

Edit: Also not been keeping up on the news but has there been any enhancements for the PS4 Pro or will it just run box standard PS4 performance wise?

Standard. Do not expect any pro improvements until stormblood at the EARLIEST.

It took the ps4 like 10 months to get a few graphical features added in 3.0.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I keep telling this to my FC mates but I feel like this is a losing battle.
Cause it is. 1 more day till Paissa House!

CREeA0U.jpg

Standard. Do not expect any pro improvements until stormblood at the EARLIEST.

It took the ps4 like 10 months to get a few graphical features added in 3.0.

I wouldn't expect much more than framerate improvements in Pro. The OG PS4 already struggles quite a bit in FFXIV, they would probably rather improve the framerate rather than add a bunch of new shiny that only drags the performance down more.

Allard

Umbrite nerf in 3.55? That's alright I guess. I want to see how severe the nerf is before deciding on doing my next one (WAR)

Someone on bluegartr mentioned Yoshida said the umbrite nerf is coming for the Thursday hotfix patch during the live stream reading of the notes. I guess whatever they are going to do with to make the nerf involves weekly scrips among other things so they had to wait till then.

xxczx

I'm writing up a guide for Garo which I'll post here when the patch is live since there is a few things need confirming. It's pretty easy to get the mount, just a confusing way to look at it if you're new to PvP.

Assuming the gear will be the same cost as it always is for current PvP gear, a full set excl. accs is 59,400 and all the sets is 831,600 marks.

Damn, thought I'd have a little time to play after work. Oh well, I never got to cap out Wolf marks since I've skipped a day here and there but I'm at around 18kish so that's good enough.

First thing when I get a chance (before work) is to start the anima step so I can work on light as I'm doing the MSQ and unlocking everything else like raids, and primals.

Hope hunts, pvp, fates, and all HW dungeons grant light, because I may burn out on EX primals, however I have yet to get a bird so I'm going to need to man up and find some learning groups for Thordan on up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom