• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

When can you start downloading the update? I know in XI, you could still update the game during maintenance. Can you do that in XIV, too? I don't want to spend half of the night tomorrow downloading updates.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
When can you start downloading the update? I know in XI, you could still update the game during maintenance. Can you do that in XIV, too? I don't want to spend half of the night tomorrow downloading updates.
Patches tend to go up 1 - 2 hours before maintenance is scheduled to end.

Squishy3

Someone on bluegartr mentioned Yoshida said the umbrite nerf is coming for the Thursday hotfix patch during the live stream reading of the notes. I guess whatever they are going to do with to make the nerf involves weekly scrips among other things so they had to wait till then.
The only thing that's getting nerfed is the aether oil step, no mention of the umbrite step.

Wilsongt

Was the Final Fantasy franchise really in danger? They still had the offline games.

It was 2010. Final Fantasy XIII was just released and it wasn't exactly good... Then you had Versus in limbo, as well as Agito/Type-0. Their next big online experience was garbage so...

yeah. the series was on shaky ground.

wamberz1

Was the Final Fantasy franchise really in danger? They still had the offline games.

Something something japanese expert something something honor and shame are huge parts of it

IDK to be honest, but I can imagine them not feeling great about having one of the mainline titles of the franchise, a series which has had no (being unsubjective here) "bad" game in 14 entries, suddenly having this huge stinker.

Slater

Banned

Yes, XIV original failure was a big reason Square was hemorrhaging money and in danger.

When people talk about how YoshiP saved the company, they aren't really exaggerating

Yes, XIV original failure was a big reason Square was hemorrhaging money and in danger.

When people talk about how YoshiP saved the company, they aren't really exaggerating

He bought himself some real clout with the company, I think. He will probably NEVER leave Squeenix, now.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
904.83MB on PS4, downloading right now

Strange the update client is dated January 11th and not today's date
So they sat on it for 5 days till Weekly Reset it seems

Qvoth

dat files here we come!
a literal egg for a mount..
068479.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Patch files contain some data for new jobs.
The second new job is

Samurai

What did you expect.

Allard

how long till maintenance is over?

Just like most major patches 2:00 AM PST. They don't let people get a head start on weeklies by having it come out early, it won't release before that time but I suppose its possible it could get delayed.

Squishy3

Doubt it will be earlier as they try to release after reset
Yeah but reset is in 2 hours. It could release any time between then and the scheduled end time in 4 hours.

Servers have usually come up a little bit early except for when they're adding housing.

B.K.

I think I've finally found out why my computer keeps crashing. I think my battery backup is dying. I loaded up BeamNG.drive, since it's the most resource intensive game I have. I kept an eye on the battery backup and when the computer cut off, the light on the backup went off and it started beeping. It didn't just beep once, like it usually does. It took 10-15 seconds for it to come back on. I guess the next step is to hook the computer up to a regular surge protect and see what happens with that. I really want to figure this out. This system isn't a year old. I don't want to damage it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
4 hours at the most, might come up a bit sooner since they aren't adding housing.

Patch is also much earlier than usual (it's usually around 3 or 4am)
There's always the cross server party finder which can make the whole thing crash and burn!

Tomorrow I plan to unlock Dun Scaith first, then Zurvan then do the MSQ until the second GAF Dun Scaith run.

Also wouldn't this be a good time to tease one of the new jobs since this will be the last story patch before the game releases? I remember
Thancred deciding he wanted to be a Rogue/Ninja all of a sudden in the middle of a fight
so it could happen again.

EDIT: Going to stop looking at the datamining thread. No point in spoiling myself when I'll play it tomorrow.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I looked at the screenshot of the files. Only sounds likely if there are other files that follow the same naming convention for other jobs.

There are. I just looked at the dats myself, there's multiple references to ex2/ files.
There's also some area maps that appear to be in the new overworld. Just Square Enix things...

Qvoth

holy fuck sam raimi theory is actually confirmed hahahaha
fucking yoshi :p
chair mount is 750k mgp, guess i'll never get it then :/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If I actually succeed in waking my ass up in a few hours, I'll take care of unlocking Dun Scaith so I can join in the 9pm GAF run later, and if I've got time before work I might take a shot at Zurvan.

I actually still need to do 3.4's MSQ, so no real rush there.

interesting how samurai and other abbreviated jobs are in the files, including rdm. I lol'd when i read the reddit post about Yoshi throwing off dataminers. can feel the sweat from here lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom