• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Mage!?

One of these days, YoshiP is going to try and fool the dataminers. Not saying this is it, but it's going to happen someday.

Nice to see someone got my joke.

Also, are people REALLY complaining Zurvan ex is easy when they already have the best weapon and downed the hardest fight? If Creator savage is easy then idk what you guys were expecting with Zurvan, honestly. I mean it goes to say how people set their expectations and it's a bit too high every patch. I'm gonna just chill and take him out whenever I can cause I really want that Phoenix!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So yeah Fun Scaith, do people think Day 1 they'll just steamroll through...

Jesus the mechanics are sick in this one

That Starting fight Sweet Jesus, So Good!

Got up to 4th boss, with 25mins to go, Vote Abandon ;/

Too many people dropping out or get loot and peace out

Oh and how bad is the relic step this patch? Tomes.... of fucking course. Already have 2k poetics but lore is sitting around 500. The ast relic looks amazing, imo. It really needs a glow change though! Blum looks like Lilith and I'm pretty disappointed. WHM is literally Navi from Zelda and it makes me laugh.

Wilsongt

Welcome back to ff14, where if you don't know all mechanics within 1h of server uptime you're a useless casual scrub.

Reknoc

.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8ADaqqD4G4IEjdoSqPGw2b_vznE-5mmXWc2uWvsKsB09SdtsV2mxZFtEypVjPbpNckNUjWm_M2sHmhwONFJA9N7h6AMMMy7_cIhToIV88PDwyfKyrVzM9wcEXCLQ.flQ4lx6eLEZb06dn5qwdjFgZo74

these are the first 3 steps so far

RIP DPS classes.

Thorgal

just a small tip :

if you have other players titles enabled , it might be a good thing to switch those off for a while .

The title you get at the end of the MSQ is a big Spoiler .

just a small tip :

if you have other players titles enabled , it might be a good thing to switch those off for a while .

The title you get at the end of the MSQ is a big Spoiler .

I'm not sure why SE would do something like this? I mean if there's a quest in idyl I'm bound to get spoiled. Thanks for the heads up though seriously cause I'm super excited to play the story when I'm home.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Dun Scaith was really fun. The first fight was indeed brutal with people falling off all over the place. 4? or so wipes later we finally got it. 2 wipes on the second boss and smooth sailing after that. I really like the community on the Japanese server - no one getting angry, everyone politely trying to guess the mechanics. I was surprised no one exploded when 2 people in a row started the first boss fight because everyone could gather and locked out half of the alliance, lol.

GraveRobberX

Welcome back to ff14, where if you don't know all mechanics within 1h of server uptime you're a useless casual scrub.

Thanks!

Seriously man, people get mad upset, like "What I have to get good at DPS'ing, Healing or Tanking"
Dodging what is this Bullshit!

Why no cruise control

Seriously we had dude join who beat first boss, got Aiming Legs, bounced
"Class", why the fuck queue up in the first place

Arkeband

Banned

The problem is with 24 people randomly grouped together, you're basically praying that you have enough competent people who can actually learn mechanics to overcome the inevitable portion who can't. And sometimes mechanics are created that require all 24 people to be semi-competent (Ozma).

So in that case, it's better to vote abandon because you're never going to clear and the instance is going to kick you out before Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum ever learn to avoid AOE.

It's even worse when you're queued with a premade group who cover for the poor performance of their worst players and actively antagonize the other 16 people who never signed up for their 'drunk raid', etc.

I'm not sure why SE would do something like this? I mean if there's a quest in idyl I'm bound to get spoiled. Thanks for the heads up though seriously cause I'm super excited to play the story when I'm home.

I just turn off all floating player names unless I specifically click on them, the game feels more realistic without a sea of disembodied letters cluttering my screen. It also makes NPC's and players blend in together so the world seems less empty than it is.
;_;

GraveRobberX

Sohm Al (Hard) is kind of boring...

Cool music though

Someone in my party went is this a Pokemon Dungeon?

I'm grinding PvP for the first time, I never got to do it, now with freelancing already reached 1/4th Wolf Mark total cap
Not had doing Feast over and over, fast queue time

Its chaos, hilarious, somehow I've won 3 lost 2
Fun shit
Want those 3 mounts, hopefully I get 'em

The problem is with 24 people randomly grouped together, you're basically praying that you have enough competent people who can actually learn mechanics to overcome the inevitable portion who can't. And sometimes mechanics are created that require all 24 people to be semi-competent (Ozma).

Hey, when I cleared Weeping City for the first time Sunday evening an entire party died because a healer went AFK, and we still somehow managed to beat Ozma. Cool music, by the way.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sohm Al (Hard) is kind of boring...
After clearing all new dungeon/raud/trial stuff in the patch minus ZarvEx, Sohm is definitely the low point of this patch. Last boss can get hectic/fun if party's ilv is low, but that's about it.

Just finished Zaruvan normal with one person being dced from the start and the ST being dead for a big portion of the fight. Grabbed the hate for much longer than I should as a BLM, but luckily we cleared it without wiping. Still salty that I didn't get any comms :(

Pachimari

So, I am now a lvl 30 archer, and a lvl 15 pugilist, which should give me access to the Bard class at the archer guild. But I guess I have to complete all of Silvairre's quests before I'll get access to the one turning me into a Bard?

GraveRobberX

Can't believe I went AWOL this month to get at at least ilvl240 through Lore gear, now Dungeon drops ilvl245

GG

Might have to buy 60 day time card it looks like

Should I just continue or let January month finish out, have sub till January 24th
Then use card on Feb 1st and earn 60 days like that

Will be without FFXIV for a week...

Wilsongt

So, I am now a lvl 30 archer, and a lvl 15 pugilist, which should give me access to the Bard class at the archer guild. But I guess I have to complete all of Silvairre's quests before I'll get access to the one turning me into a Bard?

Yes. After you finish all of the quests, he'll send you off to another NPC to get your bard soulstone.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
After clearing all new dungeon/raud/trial stuff in the patch minus ZarvEx, Sohm is definitely the low point of this patch. Last boss can get hectic/fun if party's ilv is low, but that's about it.

Just finished Zaruvan normal with one person being dced from the start and the ST being dead for a big portion of the fight. Grabbed the hate for much longer than I should as a BLM, but luckily we cleared it without wiping. Still salty that I didn't get any comms :(

Just did Zurvan normal as well. Super duper easy, and I've been hearing the EX is easy too.

Squishy3

seems like "robust" is the normal and "virtuous" is the bonus for light, at least i've not seen any better than that. going to guess stuff like the latest ex primals and savage give virtuous most of the time

3.5 story spoilers
also i get what they were going for with the title name, as it follows up on the title from Coil, but still.

iammeiam

So based on random PF and RF adventures so far...

Decent DPS skips what might the the mechanic YoshiP was talking up as tricky for Zurvan? Soar requires actual coordination but like... you can just out damage it and make it not happen.

r i p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, what exactly do you do for the new anima light stage? Did the 3 dungeons. Even got the 15 items for a new soulstone, but I'm confused about the light stage. Just do instanced stuff like soulglazing? What are the bonuses it speaks of?

GraveRobberX

It's easier now because everyone's a good ~20+ ilvls higher than they were when that came out.

This!

Also mechanics were well versed by then, some think Brute Force is the way
Game punishes you had if no cohesiveness

I learned these 2 24 man Raid dungeons on the fly, most just knew, I watched, picked up, within 2-3 runs, understood

Dun Scaith will be the same, but some people just want to get it over with ASAP

Wilsongt

This!

Also mechanics were well versed by then, some think Brute Force is the way
Game punishes you had if no cohesiveness

I learned these 2 24 man Raid dungeons on the fly, most just knew, I watched, picked up, within 2-3 runs, understood

Dun Scaith will be the same, but some people just want to get it over with ASAP

people only do the 24-man for gear and their "poverty" upgrades. No one does it just to enjoy themselves or whatnot.

Man SMN changes so much once you get DWT. All the hours of muscle memory for rotations... going to be tough lol. Time to reorg my XHB / WXHB while im at it.

Arkeband

Banned
I kind of dig the look of the new relics, in that the base model is very plain but when unsheathed, it bursts into life. I have a feeling this is kind of a reverse-Zeta step where we're given the glow first and then the last stage will be making the base models look fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom