• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
WAR Relic looks so fuckibg cheap
Seriously looks like an overgrown Puck Axe with Blue Flames

The good news for you is that FC hasn't been full enough, with people cycling in and out, for a mass culling.

We are nearing 500 though, so the massacre is coming soon.

Am I still in the FC then? Is it possible to add people as friends even when they're offline? That'd make it simple but I think I remember it being more annoying than that.

I think the only ppl I would be friend with potentially were Haman and Korra, since I disliked the orange color stuff so I generally didn't friend ppl, especially since I mostly sticked to FC groups anyway and didn't feel it necessary to friend people I could see in the FC list/linkshell.

Not like it's a huge loss, 7free days would have been nice but not a big deal and the free armor seems kinda useless since the entry gear was always pretty fast to farm up.

Not too sure why the system is tied to friend list but eh.

iammeiam

The best part of the horrible 3.5 Spoiler Title is that it's 100% to the credit of the NA translation team; no other region has anything like it. Good work, team.

It's not both, you can just buy the one item with both. It's 3000 one or 3000 the other or 1500 divided between both. You need 15 pneumite and they're 200 tomestones each.

You can also buy them for 4K GC seals if you have seals to burn

dramatis

I think the only ppl I would be friend with potentially were Haman and Korra, since I disliked the orange color stuff so I generally didn't friend ppl, especially since I mostly sticked to FC groups anyway and didn't feel it necessary to friend people I could see in the FC list/linkshell.
You can change the color of Friend name labels....In fact, you can change the colors of a lot of text labels in the game..........

rubius01

The best part of the horrible 3.5 Spoiler Title is that it's 100% to the credit of the NA translation team; no other region has anything like it. Good work, team.

You can also buy them for 4K GC seals if you have seals to burn

Im just glad i have titles turned off.

Counting down to DS chaos.

master plan is to get a patented gaf time out

Squishy3

I get what they're going for with it, but it's still dumb.

3.5 spoilers
It's a reference to how Coil's title is Final Witness, so Papalymo's Final Witness is you bearing witness to his final acts following in the steps of Louisoix. Until it gets retconned 4 levels into Stormblood

Zurvan's Theme: Trash status. Doesn't even deserve to be in the same conversation as Fiend and Equilibrium.

SOKEN must be putting everything towards Stormblood.

aceface

What's the deal with requiring 3 rando dungeons to start this relic step? Now I won't be able to get light off of the Dun Scaith run tonight. *grumble*

iammeiam

I get what they're going for with it, but it's still dumb.

3.5 spoilers
It's a reference to how Coil's title is Final Witness, so Papalymo's Final Witness is you bearing witness to his final acts following in the steps of Louisoix. Until it gets retconned 4 levels into Stormblood

I mean, the reference is pretty screamingly obvious and is arguably kind of the problem. You can differentiate it from the title it's based on in that the title it's based on intentionally did not spoil the story for you, even though it was an optional side-thing done by a minority of the player base.

iammeiam

If raids in this tier are easy then that means Zurvan ex is cake by comparison like poor Sophia.

There's "easy" and then there's "everyone doing clear groups solo tank solo heal because you can skip everything and nothing matters."

Which still might not have been as disappointing, but Yoshida's interview quote of:

Yoshida: I think it will be more difficult than the extreme version of Sophia. There are many people who have completed the savage version of Alexander, so I wonder if it will be a challenge for them.

No. He doesn't need to wonder. The answer is no.

tbh the fight would be way better if you couldn't skip and cheese the Soar sections.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So much Data Center Cross Server Role Play
Some wants a Sugar Daddy, will discord chat with you....

Someone looking for ilvl84 belts for spanking...

Like Da' Fuck, perversion trumps all even in Cross Server Day 1

Thorgal

so far i managed to see Zurvan go to 70 %.

I still don't know how to handle the aoe Circles + his 3 charging clones .

so far it is either you overlap circles and you both die or you spread out and at least 3 people will eat the circle + charge to the face .

Cmagus

How long is the new story content? I'm debating if I wanna get that done first then PVP or just go right for PVP.Sucjs being at work I've been deciding what I want to do first all day lol.

Arkeband

Banned
If the data mining revealed the new class...
1) RDM has a sword, so now we have two new sword classes. No 'new' weapon types.

2) We literally just got a big sword tank in Heavensward

3) Now there aren't an equal number of tanks and healers (this was going to be a problem anyway).
Mildly disappointing to say the least.

Redx508

for the new page

AEmIUgc.png
We are doing two runs of Dun Scaith 24 man raid(3 alliance) on patch day(Jan 17).
AEmIUgc.png

Run-1 at 3pm EST
Run-2 at 9pm EST

Make sure you clear weeping city and unlock Dun Scaith at The Sea of Clouds X:6.2 Y: 5.8 before than if you want to join.

fHGHBO6.png

aceface

Reading over on reddit it looks like you need 1000 light total; Ravana ex and Bismark ex typically give 2 light each run. It's looking like Savage Alex floors give the most light, equal to or even more than Dun Scaith, so that's a bone to the "put skill in our relic" crowd at least.

Lanrutcon

1) RDM has a sword, so now we have two new sword classes. No 'new' weapon types.

3) Now there aren't an equal number of tanks and healers (this was going to be a problem anyway).

Yeah, that's stupid. Last thing the game needs is more melee classes at this point.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There's "easy" and then there's "everyone doing clear groups solo tank solo heal because you can skip everything and nothing matters."

There's virtually no punishment for small mess ups which is what used to make the fights frustrating - or satisfying. You can have a vuln up on DPS and eat a tank cleave. You can shield through two hits in Soar. I kinda wonder if the fight is really that undertuned or if it's a stat scaling issue (270 vs intended 250)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
for the new page

AEmIUgc.png
We are doing two runs of Dun Scaith 24 man raid(3 alliance) on patch day(Jan 17).
AEmIUgc.png

Run-1 at 3pm EST
Run-2 at 9pm EST

Make sure you clear weeping city and unlock Dun Scaith at The Sea of Clouds X:6.2 Y: 5.8 before than if you want to join.

fHGHBO6.png

I'd love to have been home for the early one, but sign me up for the 9pm one.

I stayed up way too late, and barely managed to get by the 1st part of Dun Scaith

Elfstruck

Urgh, I'm so confused right now. I can't start the relic quest for 3.xx because Rowena is not giving me the quest. I did all the MSQ in HW, yet the quest still hasn't popped up. Any idea why? Also, this is my first 60 so no, I haven't done this quest before.

Arkeband

Banned
I'm avoiding spoilers since I'm still at work but after how they went back on nearly every major character death from around 2.5, I imagine I'm going to find anything like that hard to take seriously in 3.5.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
One thing I can say about the new MSQ is that it has been... entirely too predictable. Pretty much everything that was expected to happen happened in exactly a way that has been telegraphed in previous patches. Baelsar's Wall reveal was particularly eye-rolling.

Also
no body no death

Toth

If anything, the job will probably be a tank / melee hybrid since RDM is a ranged /melee DPS.

Cmagus

One thing I can say about the new MSQ is that it has been... entirely too predictable. Pretty much everything that was expected to happen happened in exactly a way that has been telegraphed in previous patches. Baelsar's Wall reveal was particularly eye-rolling.

Also
no body no death

I just finished it and it was alright I mean you knew what was gonna happen as soon as you watch the first quest cutscene. Also what is up with their facial animations recently they all look like their from the Hildebrand quests. Those over exaggerated looks, it looks so bad and it never use to be like that and during any kind of non funny scene it looks so comical you can't help but laugh.

ebil

Yeah, Zurvan was really easy with my group of BiS people, but should be a decent challenge for its target audience that just got their first twine today, I guess?

Thorgal

Yeah, Zurvan was really easy with my group of BiS people, but should be a decent challenge for its target audience that just got their first twine today, I guess?

And here i am on wipe 50 today with only ONE group making it to the ultimate -.-.

i fully get it is still patch day with tons of people doing it the first time but you would think after your RF group wipes 5 times to the same mechanic someone should think " maybe i should not be standing there ."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom