• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zurvan might be mechanically disappointing but man are the visuals top notch. That Limit Break is hype as shit.

If only Soar wasn't so easy to skip this fight might have been somewhat challenging. Enough with the forced phase pushing already.

Apparently in JP, French and German the title you get for beating the latest MSQ contains no spoilery material whatsoever. Not really sure why they decided to go with a title that would cause some people to rage like that.

Welcome to the pain of 2.5

Man. I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Oh well. I guess that just means there's something to look forward to in March.

CLBridges

Very solid patch, really looking forward to part two of MSQ. The cross server pf seems to be one of the best things to ever happen for the game. Think I'll actually try to beat Zurvan EX sometime this month, didn't even bother with the others. Dun Scaith was fun, gotta run it a few more times to see if it trumps Mhach (my current fave out of the 2.0/3.0 raids)

ebil

Yeah, I've been having a good time. Everything except Sohm Al HM has been fun so far. Dun Scaith was really good, I loved when they started
combining the mechanics tells
during the last fight (which was a lot of fun).
One thing I can say about the new MSQ is that it has been... entirely too predictable. Pretty much everything that was expected to happen happened in exactly a way that has been telegraphed in previous patches. Baelsar's Wall reveal was particularly eye-rolling.

Also
no body no death
I agree with this, and so was the Warring Triad questline actually. The supposedly big reveal was entirely spelled out in previous patches and I was left saying "oh, that's it?". MSQ was well-executed though, if a bit short for my liking.

xxczx

annnnnd done. 60 wins, now I just need all sets
dH31I0J.png

I grinded all day on PvP hell to get all the Garo monk gear because it looks pretty great. Then found out I need to win 10 matches more to get the mount.

Back to PvP hell.

Qvoth

finished the msq last night and went to sleep
kinda expected that to happen... but still kinda sad
wtzgU.gif

and my suspicion of who griffin was turned out to be right as well

Cmagus

How long do we have to get the Garo stuff?

No one knows but it'll probably be awhile because it's a pretty big grind. I've been at it for a few hours now and I've got a few gear pieces but I think you need all the gear then you get a title and then you need to win certain amounts for the mounts.

Doubt I'll get all of the Garo gear, a lot of it looks silly to me so whatevers. Think I'll try to do Zurvan tomorrow and get some EX practice in

I failed to clutch it out against
Ferdiad
but we managed to win with 9 minutes left on the clock.

Also Sohm Al hard was a little boring but the last boss was cool with all the AOEs.

I feel like it's safer to do stuff with PLD first since they have better recovery than Dark Knight who has Soulstealer which is almost nothing.

I think it would be neat if they gave PLD a battle rez in Stormblood. They can already heal and provide a shield to party members so being able to rez someone in battle would be super useful especially in hard new content like Dun Scaith and just general Duty Finder stuff.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I failed to clutch it out against
Ferdiad
but we managed to win with 9 minutes left on the clock.

Also Sohm Al hard was a little boring but the last boss was cool with all the AOEs.

I feel like it's safer to do stuff with PLD first since they have better recovery than Dark Knight who has Soulstealer which is almost nothing.

I think it would be neat if they gave PLD a battle rez in Stormblood. They can already heal and provide a shield to party members so being able to rez someone in battle would be super useful especially in hard new content like Dun Scaith and just general Duty Finder stuff.
As much as I like the idea of a PLD raising other party members, I feel like it would make them way too good in pugs against harder content. Most of the party died but the LB bar is full? Resurrect a healer and use LB3.

My corpse is visible in the first and third shots. Surprisingly I am still standing in the second.

As much as I like the idea of a PLD raising other party members, I feel like it would make them way too good in pugs against harder content. Most of the party died but the LB bar is full? Resurrect a healer and use LB3.

Making them good in pugs would be the intent, just like how you can save healers with Clemency and provide a shield to the party while Warrior and Dark Knight can't do either. Although I get the sense that Yoship does not intend to ever let Paladins do more damage than Warriors or Dark Knights so I think that kind of utility would be neat. They could give it a long cooldown and/or some other cost to prevent it from being spammable. Whether or not this would truly be OP I do not know. I guess we'll find out whether the dev team thinks it's a good idea or not when we get info on the new job abilities.

Anyone else think we might be
getting a unique glamour outfit from Tataru in the March patch MSQ? There was a part early on where she takes your measurements with the Diamond Forge guys so I figured she might make a new outfit just like she did for Alphinaud and Alisaie.

Kalentan

Are they ever going to release a i240+ weapon that isn't stupid to get? I really hate how they went from selling weapons for tomes and then suddenly went: "Nah, fuck those who don't want to do our boring grindy hard content."

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Are they ever going to release a i240+ weapon that isn't stupid to get? I really hate how they went from selling weapons for tomes and then suddenly went: "Nah, fuck those who don't want to do our boring grindy hard content."
PotD is stupidly easy and relatively fast for a ilv 255 weapon.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I dunno I feel like they've made it easier than ever now. You can get one from tomes, from savage raiding, from ex primals, from grinding relic, from PotD, and if all of that is too much of an effort for you you can get an ilv 250 weapon crafted for you pretty cheaply. The only thing they haven't done is given out a free weapon for completing MSQ.
Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom