• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalasta

How are people planning on storing the Garo gears if they are getting more than 1 set? Last time I checked you can't put them in your armoire :(

Jaeyden

A1S is looking like a decent place to farm for relic. Since you can down it in a couple of minutes, it gives 6 light and has chance to bonus it should be profit once everyone catches on and getting parties is a piece of piss.

Above: I have 7 retainers.

IvorB

Soooo my crappy squadron finally did that level 40 mission and I got promoted. Problem is I do not see any new goods available from the quartermaster. Shouldn't I have access to the new stuff now?

aceface

Are they ever going to release a i240+ weapon that isn't stupid to get? I really hate how they went from selling weapons for tomes and then suddenly went: "Nah, fuck those who don't want to do our boring grindy hard content."

You...can get one for tomes?

You...can get one for tomes?

if you have the tomestone, which requires an A10S clear or 7 weeks of A12 normal clears to get

I'm in the same boat. I'm close to my Kinna weapon but I had to get an i250 weapon crafted so I could do Zurvan EX yesterday. Kinna weapon isn't quite as quick to obtain as it's made out to be.

aceface

if you have the tomestone, which requires an A10S clear or 7 weeks of A4 normal clears to get

I'm in the same boat. I'm close to my Kinna weapon but I had to get an i250 weapon crafted so I could do Zurvan EX yesterday. Kinna weapon isn't quite as quick to obtain as it's made out to be.

Oh, do you guys mean the 7 weeks of gears from A12N is the tough part? Yeah, I guess that would be a pain if you just started playing. Sophia should be easy to beat at this point as well though.

Arkeband

Banned
Dun Scaith is pretty great, not too hard.

Attempts:

Boss 1: 2
Boss 2: 1
Boss 3: 2
Boss 4: 1

I now understand why there's no initial trash, because Boss 4 lasts for fucking ever, even though it's really cool. Unfortunately, repeated runs are going to feel less cool and just super tedious.

Gonna dig into the MSQ and Zurvan tonight.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Warrior relic - level 1 axe

v3zCdyF.png

Pachimari

Dammit. I'm doing the "A Song of Bards and Bowmen" quest, and I have to pick up this charm at a camp full of enemies, but I've died three times now not knowing what to do. I could take them out one by one I guess, but I'm pretty sure they'll respawn anyway.

Pachimari

I've reached two of my goals today. The first one was to redeem and retrieve the minion I got from buying the Encyclopedia. And the other was to become a Bard. So here I have it, my very first class (or is Bard called a job?).

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
How are people planning on storing the Garo gears if they are getting more than 1 set? Last time I checked you can't put them in your armoire :(
Give them to your Retainer to hold but if they are full than I don't know what to tell you because since I'm a compulsive hoarder I since long have hired two extra Retainers for an extra $2 a piece.

So far on 3.5 I did my daily roulettes and I immediately noticed the instant draw for Astralogians because I have been giving out cards to the wrong people so quiet a few times.

I tried PVP for the first with Frontlines yesterday and it's not so bad so at the very least I will stick with it until I get my GARO equipment and mount though I will say it's kinda lame how not all the Jobs get a cool Armor set (As in none of my main jobs).

I'm so glad the Relic Weapons change forms one last time because that I really did dislike the way the Autarch how lookes like.

I get what they're going for with it, but it's still dumb.

3.5 spoilers
It's a reference to how Coil's title is Final Witness, so Papalymo's Final Witness is you bearing witness to his final acts following in the steps of Louisoix. Until it gets retconned 4 levels into Stormblood

It is a little weird that they had him narrate the end of last patch and the beginning of this one only for him to just disappear like that.

Going to try to get this new anima step done before 3.55. I don't have the free time for statics and since I main MNK that leaves me out of 98% raid setups. It's fine though, PVP gives light so I'll be feasting until queues get longer.

UMMM. We cleared Zurvan ex in like literally a minute? What the hell happened? Someone had to be hacking or something, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TYez76yaU

It was just a learning party in the PF. I'm still confused. So unsatisfying to clear like this omg

Huh. Looks like a pair of 4 minute long debuffs go on him and he just drops. Looks like damaged reduced and damage taken increased?

They're on him until the first phase ends, then he clears his debuffs for second phase and starts going down slowly again, but by that time it doesn't matter.

Any chance you have a log for this or something?

Seems to happen as soon as the BRD's Empyreal Arrow's cast bar stops (just over half way through the cast)

Wonder if the BRD is cheating in some way?

aceface

Well, some dude on reddit finished his relic with this:

-90 A1s runs. I'd say about half of this was with bonus, but it's hard to say exactly. I had good luck with bonuses in A1s, about 4 hours in total!
-17 A4 normal runs. Did these early in the morning figuring out the numbers and such, didn't stay here long.
~10 Rav runs. I had a couple tokens lying around, so I'm not sure on the exact amount, I ended up with 12 total so about 10 runs sounds right. Again done first thing in the morning, definitely didn't stay long.
EDIT: There's also a couple dungeon runs, a Dun Scaith clear, and maybe something else contributiong to the total as well? I cleared most of the new patch content after I started the farm so that added to it as well. Don't have exact numbers tho again, sorry...

Doesn't seem too bad, pf should be slammed with A1S parties for quite awhile.

Omni

Huh. Looks like a pair of 4 minute long debuffs go on him and he just drops. Looks like damaged reduced and damage taken increased?

They're on him until the first phase ends, then he clears his debuffs for second phase and starts going down slowly again, but by that time it doesn't matter.

Seems to happen as soon as the BRD's Empyreal Arrow's cast bar stops (just over half way through the cast)

No log, unfortunately. I'm on PS4. Definitely not the Bard as they're on PS4 too and I know them (we joined the PF together)

Hmmm. Kinda reminds me of those PotD buffs. But I can't remember if I saw any like that specifically. And then it would be like how did they get them into Zurvan

ebil

UMMM. We cleared Zurvan ex in like literally a minute? What the hell happened? Someone had to be hacking or something, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36TYez76yaU

It was just a learning party in the PF. I'm still confused. So unsatisfying to clear like this omg

There's currently a rather well-known bug in the game that allows for exploits. Hopefully they fix it with tomorrow's maintenance.
No log, unfortunately. I'm on PS4. Definitely not the Bard as they're on PS4 too and I know them (we joined the PF together)

Hmmm. Kinda reminds me of those PotD buffs. But I can't remember if I saw any like that specifically. And then it would be like how did they get them into Zurvan
Yes, it's related to this.

xxczx

feast or frontlines? what's top tier these days :eek:
feast for fast wins
No one knows but it'll probably be awhile because it's a pretty big grind. I've been at it for a few hours now and I've got a few gear pieces but I think you need all the gear then you get a title and then you need to win certain amounts for the mounts.
you just need one title, equip that title, play any class and get wins.

studyguy

Dun Scaith was fun as shit.
The final boss this other PLD kept insisting he MT, immediately died on the first tankbuster each and every time 30s into the fight. Awareness is a godsend at the start of that fight.

Also MSQ couldn't have telegraphed later spoilers any harder if it fucking tried btw with that last line of dialogue IN THE VERY FIRST CUTSCENE.

Thorgal

moved from last page

3.5 MSQ spoiler :

I have to say after baelsaer's wall
During the scene after ilberd falls of the tower and the camera was paning over the piles of mangled corpses (including him) I thought "damn, this game just reached new levels of dark .

Zomba13

Anyone else think we might be
getting a unique glamour outfit from Tataru in the March patch MSQ? There was a part early on where she takes your measurements with the Diamond Forge guys so I figured she might make a new outfit just like she did for Alphinaud and Alisaie.

Yeah we're definitely
getting our own special official MC outfit. I hope it looks good.

Eldren

Non-MNK melee classes drew the short straw for the Garo gear IMO, really not a fan of that bulky armour. I wish the caster gear looked as good as the healer outfit, that's by far my favourite. I may actually get my AST to 60 just for that set. I wish my SMN could look that good, I'm not too into the caster set.

First I have to finish the story, then sidequests (need /spectacles), then Dun Scaith, then Zurvan, and THEN finally I'll try PVP for the first time.

Village

Heya, do you all know how to get/if we already have the glasses emote

moved from last page

3.5 MSQ spoiler :

I have to say after baelsaer's wall
During the scene after ilberd falls of the tower and the camera was paning over the piles of mangled corpses (including him) I thought "damn, this game just reached new levels of dark .

If i'm rememberiing those missions correctly. The DRK missions from 30-50 are actually pretty frigging dark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom