• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Whats a good rotation for lvl50 DRG (no hw installed)

At moment just using heavy> impluse> disembowel>chaos as main solo

I use power surge first for 2 rotations then BB until resets

Use odd jump now and again to help wait during moves

You basically want to use cooldowns, mechanics permitting, as they come back up for jump; the exception is, yeah, if power surge is about to come back up (though with the way the cooldowns work on most fights you should be able to power surge every two jumps anyway). If Chaos Thrust is already up, you want to use Phlebotomise and the Full Thrust combo, which you should be able to fit two combos before Chaos Thrust needs refreshing. Blood for Blood should be used in your opener before Chaos Thrust.

AOE rotation if there's 4 or more mobs is just heavy thrust, ring of thorns, then doomspike until you run out of tp and regret your life choices.

Ignore any post in this thread about cross-classing Fracture because it's probably me beating a joke to death.

Vic_Viper

Now that preorders are up for Stormblood is it offical that there is only going to be 1 new job?

I realize its going to be difficult to do 3 new jobs per expansion, but I figured we would get 3 atleast with this one. Still holding out hope that there will be more announced later on.

Now that preorders are up for Stormblood is it offical that there is only going to be 1 new job?

I realize its going to be difficult to do 3 new jobs per expansion, but I figured we would get 3 atleast with this one. Still holding out hope that there will be more announced later on.

There's definitely at least one more that will be announced at the next Fanfest in February.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

The patch datamining with "jobsam" (assumed to be samurai) files under "jobrdm" (for redmage) has a lot of people feeling pretty confident.

Vic_Viper

There's definitely at least one more that will be announced at the next Fanfest in February.

OK awesome! Even though it probably wont be Samurai lol, unless its a Tank. I think they are saving Samurai for its own expansion down the road.

Anyone want to get together for a Binding Coil of Bahamut run? Itll be my first time and would like to check it out. Available pretty much all weekend so if theres a optimum time for people, im down.

lvl 51 NIN (avg item level is 90 atm)

ebil

OK awesome! Even though it probably wont be Samurai lol, unless its a Tank. I think they are saving Samurai for its own expansion down the road.
Datamining aside (and well, datamining is kind of a big deal already), there's been quite a few things hinting at Samurai, and it being a tank wouldn't be particularly far-fetched either.

Vic_Viper

Datamining aside (and well, datamining is kind of a big deal already), there's been quite a few things hinting at Samurai, and it being a tank wouldn't be particularly far-fetched either.

I seriously hope its not a Tank class. I mean Ill play it either way, but it being a Tank class would be a bummer imo.

ebil

I seriously hope its not a Tank class. I mean Ill play it either way, but it being a Tank class would be a bummer imo.
I don't want to bum you out, but comments like yours are precisely the reason why they would make it a tank class. It's a cool job, people who usually play DPS would want to play it regardless. Worked pretty well for DRK!

(please give it a war tiger mount and I'll play it, I promise)

ubercheez

I let out a laugh when I saw the name of the current quest was "Notorious Biggs."

So close to beating the main storyline. Waiting for a buddy of mine to level up a few more times so we can keep playing through the game together. Garuda was a fun boss and I was lucky to have a good team. I was nervous going in but it only took two tries to best her.

Whoever names all the quests in English is a master punsmith. There's some really great ones.

SkyOdin

Samurai is pretty much the last classic Final Fantasy Job that easily slots into the concept of tank. It classically does have tank moves, such as bladegrasp, and the Bravely Default equivalent was a pretty good tank. If Samurai is not a tank, I have absolutely no idea what they would do for new tank Jobs in the future.

Squishy3

I was thinking about how Samurai would work as a tank and since evasion tanking wouldn't really work in a MMO, I was thinking it'll obviously cross-class some of the obvious stuff like Awareness, Provoke, Foresight and whatnot, but that since it makes no sense for it to have cooldown equivalents of rampart/sentinel etc. that it's tank cooldowns might just be attacks that reduce the damage the boss does for x seconds, but only work when targeted by the boss to prevent the same problem we've had where warrior offtank is the meta, but you don't end up running into the problem where if those worked when not targeted you'd just have samurai always be offtank because they provide additional mitigation when not MTing.

I was also thinking about the Omega raid series and I'm wondering if they'll have Shinryu show up during it.

Allard

I was thinking about how Samurai would work as a tank and since evasion tanking wouldn't really work in a MMO, I was thinking it'll obviously cross-class some of the obvious stuff like Awareness, Provoke, Foresight and whatnot, but that since it makes no sense for it to have cooldown equivalents of rampart/sentinel etc. that it's tank cooldowns might just be attacks that reduce the damage the boss does for x seconds, but only work when targeted by the boss to prevent the same problem we've had where warrior offtank is the meta, but you don't end up running into the problem where if those worked when not targeted you'd just have samurai always be offtank because they provide additional mitigation when not MTing.

I was also thinking about the Omega raid series and I'm wondering if they'll have Shinryu show up during it.

Just a reminder, the cross class system is going away in Stormblood, its being replaced with shared additional skills system where your job role defines the abilities you get, not the classes you have as a sub role. They are revamping most the games abilities or at least combing through them all to see what can or should be changed. They might shift things around in order to make room for the new tank.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Samurai should be DPS because the game needs a 2-handed DPS class that is slashy. Right now we only have stabby.

Squishy3

Just a reminder, the cross class system is going away in Stormblood, its being replaced with shared additional skills system where your job role defines the abilities you get, not the classes you have as a sub role. They are revamping most the games abilities or at least combing through them all to see what can or should be changed. They might shift things around in order to make room for the new tank.
Yeah but they'll still probably limit it for the different tanks. IE it'd be super OPfor WAR and DRK to get access to Rampart and Sentinel. They'll just make the obvious cross-class stuff (Provoke, Awareness, Foresight, Bloodbath, Mercy Stroke) all shared and remove the stupid stuff like the second hit in a combo chain being cross-class.

Bebpo

Banned
+1
Been trying to do the coils since I hit endgame, but those queues man. Still haven't even completed turn 1...

Bebpo, what server/data center are you on? I'd do some synced coil with you but I can't unless you are on primal.

I'm on Hyperion but Party finder now is now cross-world/server so we should all be able to play together unless I'm mistaken.

I can make a party finder group at a time that works for us all and it should totally work. I'm a NIN myself, so the tough part might be finding tanks/healers. I know one other gaffer who would probably join but he's also DPS BLM/MNK.

wamberz1

I'm on Hyperion but Party finder now is now cross-world/server so we should all be able to play together unless I'm mistaken.

I can make a party finder group at a time that works for us all and it should totally work. I'm a NIN myself, so the tough part might be finding tanks/healers. I know one other gaffer who would probably join but he's also DPS BLM/MNK.

I have mnk,mch and drk at 60. I would highly prefer to dps but I can tank if required(I'm a bit rusty)
I think vic could join as well, assuming they're on primal.

aceface

I'm a healer. Friday or Saturday nights I could usually do an hour or two.

Bebpo

Banned
Wanna try for Sat night/tomorrow and see if we can get a group for Coil? Would 5pm PST/8pm EST work as a starting point? I'm completely flexible this weekend. If we could get a group even for like 1-2 hours a weekend, we could probably do 1 or 2 turns a weekend and slowly progress through Coil.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I probably have 1-3 of the final stages of Coil to do, including the last one. Could be around for some Coil stuff.

Bebpo

Banned
Would be neat to create a party of us that does like 1 turn / week over 12 weeks and go through the entire Coil synced. Wouldn't be particularly time-intensive (just like one night a week), but would definitely get to know each other a lot better by the end of 12 weeks!

So timing TBD, we have:

Healer #1 - Aceface
Healer #2 -
Tank #1 - Womberz (if needed)
Tank #2 -
DPS #1 - Womberz (if tanking, then this slot is open)
DPS #2 - Bebpo
DPS #3 -
DPS #4 -

If you're interested in this, please reply and let me know what job role you can fill. Thanks :)

Pachimari

WC3MK0W.jpg

Is armor like this end-game content?

aceface

Wanna try for Sat night/tomorrow and see if we can get a group for Coil? Would 5pm PST/8pm EST work as a starting point? I'm completely flexible this weekend. If we could get a group even for like 1-2 hours a weekend, we could probably do 1 or 2 turns a weekend and slowly progress through Coil.

I can't start until 9pm est but otherwise that would be fine.

xxczx

Does anyone know if HUD/Hotbar/Gearset settings are saved to cloud on PS4? I'm changing to SSD tomorrow and I will have to redownload since I don't have an external HDD or USB big enough for game backups.

Does anyone know if HUD/Hotbar/Gearset settings are saved to cloud on PS4? I'm changing to SSD tomorrow and I will have to redownload since I don't have an external HDD or USB big enough for game backups.
When I upgraded my PS4 hard drive all my settings and hotbars stayed the same.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wonder if it's even on the console, or if it's server based.
On PC it's saved on the HDD, so I assume it's the same on console. I wish they made it server based, because playing on 2 PCs and PS4 makes synchronizing all the shortcuts a real pain.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I wonder if it's even on the console, or if it's server based.
It's on the console and saved to the PS+ cloud if you have PS+.

The only exception to this is the PS3 -> PS4 transfer option on the PS3 version of the game which lets you upload PS3 gear sets/cross bars to SEs servers for PS4 download.

It's a save file on the system. Don't have to backup the whole game to transfer them over. If you have PS+ just upload your saves and re download on the new SSD.

SkyOdin

A new armor design contest has been announced, this time for caster and healer gear. I liked the stuff people came up with for the tank contest, so I'm curious what new stuff will be submitted.

dcye

People calling for SAM to be a dps are crazy. Imagine the dps queues when they add two new dps to it and no new healers and tanks? Might reach WoW levels.

Demoskinos

Cleared Zurvan EX tonight. Axe dropped. Then Cleared it again.... Axe Dropped then Cleared it again and Axe Dropped.

This guy just have a surplus warehouse full of Axes or something?

People calling for SAM to be a dps are crazy. Imagine the dps queues when they add two new dps to it and no new healers and tanks? Might reach WoW levels.

Based on what I've seen of Yoship speaking about the game and players, and Heavensward precedent, I can't see him making the decision to add 2-3 new DPS jobs to a new expansion and nothing for tanks/healers.

B.K.

I actually made it through a three boss dungeon tanking without dying on any of the bosses!

And of course, I lost all my lots. RNG is my arch enemy.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Working my way through the post-2.0/pre-Heavensward MSQ. About 60% of the way through and aside from a few interesting moments, boy has it largely been "go here, talk to someone, go somewhere else, talk to someone else, repeat". I'd already heard this part was kinda boring but Heavensward is far, far better, so I'm just hanging on for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom