• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demoskinos

Did anyone else who pre-ordered on PSN get a theme? It says:

Pre-order FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Stormblood now and receive the following:
• Exclusive theme
• Early Access to the game ahead of the official launch
• Exclusive in-game items, including:
o Wind-up Red Mage Minion
o Ala Mhigan Earrings

What gives?

B.K.

I just wiped on the floor 80 boss in Palace of the Dead. I can feel proud of myself, though. For once, it wasn't my fault we wiped. I was the last one standing. It's too bad we failed. I got quite a few Atherpool gear increases that run.

Kenai

I only put like an hour into Carpentry so far, but isn't the system a matter of balancing using the refining skill and the crafting skill while restoring durability?

There's a little bit more to it (cross classing the good stuff to greatly boost your odds of a successful HQ) but that's it in a nutshell.

Valor

I still haven't figured out HOW to make HQ items.

The easy answer is to fill the "Quality" bar as full as you can to increase the chance to make something HQ.

The harder answer is exactly the right steps needed to do this efficiently without breaking items, which helps to have certain cross class skills used to make crafting more manageable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I have every job to 60 except for the crafters now, does anyone have any suggestions on leveling them? ;(

In an attempt to get more minions I went Fate grinding in Coerthas to try and wait around for The Eyes Have It to get the Pudgy Puk.

After about an hour of walking around it spawned and a group of maybe 20 of us all pitched in and whittled its HP down. It even killed me twice but I managed to make it back and finish it off with the gold medal and a shiny new minion! <3

Big Fates with lots of people coming together are one of my favorite things in this game.

So Koji Fox indicated the lyrics of Rise are super secret but they will be released "soon" enough. He even said in the interview that the lyrics blend in all of the game's ratings so suggestive themes, language, violence, etc. I've been listening to it and can make out most of the song and it does talk about killing uplanders near the end. Koji says he swears in it though... where?

Link to interview: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...terpretation?p=4028534&viewfull=1#post4028534

So I'm approaching the end of ARR, and I heard the ending movie is like an hour and a half. From what I understand, the game doesn't let you pause during this cut-scene right? I love story dumps and long cut scenes in games, but does ARR at least prompt you with a heads up or something before locking you into a feature length finale?

LowParry

So I'm approaching the end of ARR, and I heard the ending movie is like an hour and a half. From what I understand, the game doesn't let you pause during this cut-scene right? I love story dumps and long cut scenes in games, but does ARR at least prompt you with a heads up or something before locking you into a feature length finale?

Yes, you will get a warning before it starts.

Meowster

Estinien and Ysayle are great companions. I've loved this entire first half trek into Heavensward. We've finally just beat Nidhogg and learned the truth for Hraesvelgar - this has been such a solid improvement from the main storyline of A Realm Reborn.
It's kind of blah that the events of 2.55 are made irrelevant though. I was interested to see the chaos in Ul'Dah without a ruler but I love Nanamo and am glad she's alive.

LowParry

Are they going to patch the warning with a Guinness Book of Records icon soon? :lol

Maaaaaaybe. I gotta say though, your excitement for the game got me rolling up playing again. :D

I think I'll just stay healer come expansion. Need to finish off my WHM and wait and see how the changes to the battle system will work. RDM will come later.

Heartfyre

Well I finally ran Dun Scaith for the first time. And we wiped twice at the second to last boss and disbanded -_-

Try running it again later today. The loot resets soon, and experienced players are more likely to run it.

Going on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday is unfortunately asking for trouble.

Try running it again later today. The loot resets soon, and experienced players are more likely to run it.

Going on Saturday, Sunday, or Monday is unfortunately asking for trouble.

Yeah, lots of the DPS kept wiping and we couldn't burn down the second to last boss. She summoned that one add at least four times in one fight and it finally wiped us at the end because all the DPS died lol.

I didn't know about the weekend DF thing being a bad time to run it though, thanks for the advice!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is the level 50 roulette worth doing while leveling from 50 to 60 ? Or I should just stick with the leveling roulette ?
You should stick with PotD, it's much faster and you can get some decent money from random drops.

Most of that ending sequence is just a scrolling list of credits, so unless you want to see the list of everyone who subscribed to XIV 1.0 you can safely skip it once the story epilogue finishes.

Thorgal

I just finished 2.55 on my alt and I still let the credits roll.

Not necessarily only out of respect for everyone who made this game happen, but also because it feels fitting.

Its like the end of another chapter of the game.

kagamin

17754480252836380672_7ospp.png

Clearing up quests in Heavensward zones becomew infinitely better once you have flying for that zone. Isn't there supoosed to be some Dragoon skill that changes up my rotation or playstyle quite a bit?

Im 55 and it largely feels the same as 50.

Pachimari

Also to the new players, before you sign up for a sub, please participate in the "Register a Friend" campaign, and let us invite you, so both of us can get a reward. So far I've only recruited 2 people, so I could use some more. Thanks.

And today is a total exp farm at the PotD. Got to floor 30 now.

Most of that ending sequence is just a scrolling list of credits, so unless you want to see the list of everyone who subscribed to XIV 1.0 you can safely skip it once the story epilogue finishes.

Oh man this is good to know!

Wait, is it a 1.5 hour cutscene, or just the credits?

Rynam

If you don't advance dialogues it pauses. You can toggle between auto and manual advance of dialogues with the Spacebar.

Pachimari

Yeeees, I'm at floor 51 for the first time in the PotD. Should I just keep going to farm exp, or should I stick to certain floors?

[edit] Wait, it says I have not unlocked the duty, when I try to continue to Floor 51.
[edit 2] Oh, it's accessible now.

Pollux

Need some advice from y'all. I played when ARR launched and got to level 25 and quit until Heavensward when I played until level 25 again on a new character. I just started playing again on my 2nd lvl 25. I feel like so much has changed since I last played that I'm a little lost. But I don't want to re-level a character.

Am I missing too much and should I just start over or is it pretty much similar enough that I can keep going?

Also, materia...do I need to go to that goblin tent to break stuff down and infuse weapons? I had a 100% spirit bonded weapon and couldn't see how to break it down in the item menu..:

Jolkien

It's so backward how you can't queue for multiple roulettes at a time. Not sure why Square don't allow it, or even queue for multiple roulette across various jobs.

dramatis

I remember back when they first put out hard crafting stuff, a lot of FC members actually gathered around Bara (I think?) at the housing area to watch him craft. By looking at his animations and the workbench we could see what the status of the craft was. And a bunch of people in voice chat argued about what he should do next, because Bara was sitting there with like a million gil in crafting materials and none of us had the gear to 100% HQ the craft lol

For those of you first leveling crafting, there are crafting stations in the FC house that give you a CP buff (small one) below level 40.

My recommendation when you start is level every class to 15 for the cross class abilities, then Culinarian to the level where you get Steady Hand 2. After that, you have the tools to level everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom